/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Eid Gift Rulings?

Mawaddah
11-20-2006, 03:27 PM
:sl: Brothers and Sisters.

A sister just called me up a few minutes ago asking me whether it is permissable to exchange gifts on Eid?. I had never given this much thought before now, but when she mentioned that it might be an imitation of the way Christians gave gives on Christmas, I thought that I would post the question up here and see if I can get any answers.

So permissable or not?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
zaria
11-20-2006, 03:55 PM
it is permissable but I wouln'd compare it to Christmas because when you
give a Eid gift, it for the celebration of Ramadan,the month that the Quran was revealed and Christians celebrate christmas celebrating the birth of Isa which is not his birth day.

May Allah forgive me if I have said anything wrong.
Allah knows best!

Snowflake
11-20-2006, 04:03 PM
I don't see why it's not permissable. Giving gifts is recommended in Islam as it increases love. I don't see why it would be impermissable to do the same on eid just because christians do it on christmas. (Even though christmas has nothing to do with christianity).

'Abd al-Baari
11-20-2006, 04:14 PM
sister try asking your question to Mufti Ebrahim Desai on www.askimam.com
inshallah he will be able to answer your question
Br Abdullah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
amirah_87
11-20-2006, 05:23 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

You know Ukhtiy, kuntu Ufakkir 'an haadhaa aydan!!

wa laakin kuntu mutaraddidah fee iyjaazihii wa 3adm al-iyjaaz..

Lam asma3 3an fatwaa dhid hadhaa wallahu A'lam!..

Allahu A'lam maybe it depends 3alaa niyyat ash-shakhs, law yaf3ul'hu ittibaa3an lahum,

am yaf3alhuu likayy yushadd al-mahaaba'a bayna Akhawayhi! :-\

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.