/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sister Angelzz Accepts Islam!

Pages : [1] 2

Angelzz
11-21-2006, 10:32 AM
Hi Just wondering - how do potential reverts find spouses??? i would like to hear from reverts who have found a spouse and how it came about? how they met?
It seems it would be harder for reverts to find a spouse or get the word out there that they are seeking one.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
11-21-2006, 10:41 AM
Peace,

I suppose its the same way anyone would find a spouse really. Either go to a family member and request them to find someone (which is unlikely for a revert) or go to a mosque or masjid and ask the imam/alim if he might know of a good family.

Peace

Rabi'ya
11-21-2006, 10:45 AM
:sl:

for me, i used to work with my (now)husband - before i was practising Islam.

After he heard i accepted Islam he made his intention knwn to me. blah blah blah....few years later, we're married!! lol

we just used an imam at the mosque as a wali during the nikkah, coz i didnt have any mahram then.

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

Angelzz
11-21-2006, 11:01 AM
its just i feel like (once i do revert) that it would be an alienating experience and so how would u ever meet potential spouses. I guess time will tell.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umar001
11-21-2006, 11:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Angelzz
its just i feel like (once i do revert) that it would be an alienating experience and so how would u ever meet potential spouses. I guess time will tell.
Yes, trust me, it can be so hard, specially if your family is against you being muslim.

Anyhow, you can just speak to some sisters and they speak to their husbands and so on. I think in some ways it might be easier for a sister because sisters are close like that, I mean I'm well embarased to ask anyone to find me a wife lol. Though I have been told that if I see a sister, I can just ask her if she might be interested in talks and get her wali's number, but then again, I'd be embarassed to do that too!

;D ;D

Rabi'ya
11-21-2006, 11:04 AM

i wouldnt really worry about it too much sister. inshAllah this is a small thing. Its important for you to accept Islam and not worry about such trivial details. Allah will, inshAllah, provide you with a pious husband....and that is not ur worry, but Allah's as He provides the best for the best of His followers.

Things take time........I ho;e you do accept Islam inshAllah :)

much love sis:wub:

Angelzz
11-21-2006, 11:16 AM
Thank you guys, i do want to revert but i just find it hard at the moment to change my lifestyle though i have implemented a few things already.... however the major things im finding difficult - i know once i revert i will be all alone (my friends that arent muslim) will desert me and not sure how family will take it (not good anyways) and the muslim friends i have a guys so there out too and ill be all alone and thats the scary part for me. I dont like being alone - it depresses me and just thinking ahead to finding a husband it just seemed impossible.

Umar001
11-21-2006, 11:26 AM
Thank you guys, i do want to revert but i just find it hard at the moment to change my lifestyle though i have implemented a few things already.... however the major things im finding difficult - i know once i revert i will be all alone (my friends that arent muslim) will desert me and not sure how family will take it (not good anyways) and the muslim friends i have a guys so there out too and ill be all alone and thats the scary part for me. I dont like being alone - it depresses me and just thinking ahead to finding a husband it just seemed impossible.
I don't know how you came to Islaam, and what your personal views of Islam were 10 years ago or so, for me, when I was about 15, I was in the school playground making fun on muslims and muslim prayer, and debating that I dont need to follow ONE man when I have so many Bible authors and so on.

Noone ever saw me becoming Muslim, things switch around quick, we just need to do the right thing then, sooner or later there will be a smile on our face, I don't know if you've read some posts but, trust me it is upsetting, I havent been close to my own family, but when I told my mum I was muslim, it was one of the worst days of my life, my little brother cried (although he alraedy knew) and I cried and my mum cried, and she cried, as if I had died, as if she had just been told I had died, :( and it doesn't stop, question after question, tear after tear, people say 'Muslim converts got it easy, when a Muslim tries to leave Islaam to Christianity they get stoned and so on' But trust me, there are times when the words of Mary, "Oh, would that I had died before this, and had been a thing quite forgotten!" ring so much truth, where seeing the pain of those you love, I wish I had become Muslim and died, because it hurts to know that the woman that carried me is now being caused pain because of me.

This is why I say have a strong base for your faith, I know people who have crumbled to their families, to the point that a Muslim guy, wanted to get baptised because his family was making him feel so bad.

At times when I do feel down, I remember the truth of Islaam, the proof of Islaam. And I know to myself that no matter how painful I cant give up truth because of some emotional feelings.

Don't feel that your alone in your worries and problems.

Eesa. :)

IbnAbdulHakim
11-21-2006, 11:32 AM
Peace be upon you,

Sister mashaAllah after all this your still considering reverting, that is something great ! Inspirational infact !

Did you know during the life of the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) something exactly the same occured :eek:. It was a jew who was reverting to Al-Islam and he came up to the prophet saws and told him just what you said, the VERY same, and guess what, AYYAT (revelation) was revealed, subhanAllah, the gist of it was that, DO not fear the isolation of others, because once your muslim, Allah will be your friend, the Mu'mins (true believers) will be your friends, and all those true in islam will be your friends !

I hope you make the right choice, and i know because before i started practising i didnt have the best of companionship, now that i practise Alhamdulillaah the very sight of my brothers warms my heart.

Peace !

Angelzz
11-21-2006, 11:49 AM
Thanks Brother - it is encouraging to hear other ppl's struggles and triumphs. With me though i never made fun as such of muslims but i did discriminate such as when i was younger solely based on what parents and family and friends tell you. I was always advised to stay away from muslims and my former inlaws used too make fun of the women wearing hijab - i never agreed with this mocking even then but i never said anything to stop them either.

I always found ppl around me mainly family and especially former inlaws so hypocritical that they originally were born and bred in a muslim country (iran) and can in the same sentence tell you how lovely ppl were back home and then turn around and say muslims/ islam are bad and mock and say stay away.
I never liked this from begining but i must admit i was a fence sitter and cause i didnt know any muslims at that stage there wasnt much to say just didnt like the hypocrisy. (my ex fatherinlaw was the worst offender he would make fun of the islam but when needed he would say to a shopkeeper (who is muslim) "we r brothers" and go on to talk about Ishmael and Isaac just to get a discount).

But since God has shown me the right path i find i keep looking at the women wearing hijab with so much more respect and wondering if i ever can have the strength to wear one. I have noticed though there is a such a beautiful peaceful elegance about them.

Once my muslim guy friends and i went to dinner at a indian restuarnt and there was a muslim couple dining there too. The wife was a revert as she was clearly anglo(australian) in features. She looked so beautiful and elegant and the husband who had a beard (i normally wouldve thought just makes the guy look messy and mean) well he looked so calm and at peace and paying attention to only his wife it was so beautiful..... and thats the first time i remember really seeing (and i mean seeing not judging or assuming or not paying attention) a practising muslim couple interact and they looked so in love and that moment changed my idea and my opinion of Islam (though i had started a researching at this stage - i was not contemplating Islam yet)
I remember discussing this couple with my friends and they explained to me how my previous biases never gave islam a chance and something about this couple spoke to me ---- i really wished at that moment i had what she did.
Inshaallah i will some day.

Angelzz
11-21-2006, 11:54 AM
thank you brother IbnAbdulHakim - that brought a tear to my eye - it meant so much cause i know deep down its the truth. I will do my best to continue as i have been. thank you

IbnAbdulHakim
11-21-2006, 11:55 AM
peace !

that daw'ah tip has been noted :

After marriage - take wife - dress islamic - act refined - eat with good manners - be in view of many non-muslims

peace !!

Umar001
11-21-2006, 11:56 AM
But since God has shown me the right path i find i keep looking at the women wearing hijab with so much more respect and wondering if i ever can have the strength to wear one. I have noticed though there is a such a beautiful peaceful elegance about them.
Trust me, theres not much to it, for me, am a guy, and I started wearing a 'thobe' a long type of dress thing that covers the body, I wore it everywhere college and so on but had to make sure mum didnt see me in one.

Anyhow, its hard becuase I guess people dont expect it, specially from a man, so yea you get stares and get looked at, but then, after a while its so natural, and so nice, and I dont know how to say it, because it will sound negative, but its like a barrier, but not against the community, but against the bad parts of community, girls wouldnt talk to me and so on, I mean I still helped the old and they smiled and were happy but I mean it makes it easier to escape sometimes, being on a bus, you feel like you have your own space and that is so relaxing!!

inshaAllah when im allowed ill wear them again.

Angelzz
11-21-2006, 12:03 PM
LOL @ brother IbnAbdulHakim ..... but its true it does and did work (on me at least)

And brother IsaAbdullah i agree with everything u said - but sometimes i wish i could move to another area from were my parents are so once i do revert i can practise it freely without hiding or changing. But i guess you cant have everything easy.

Umm Yoosuf
11-21-2006, 12:03 PM
Hi Angelzz

Once you have establish Tawheed (Islamic Monotheism) in your heart then you will want to strive for Islam and acts such Hijab, prayer will full into place for you. Learn about Allah, His names, Attributes etc because once to have established this love for Allah then you will never feel alone. Allah is our All-Merciful, All-Forgiving, All-Hearing, All-Knowing etc it is He who will guard you and provide for you.

Once someone recognises the truth Satan sits in their path and reminds them off all these problems they will face all though they may not! So you have to be aware of Satan and his tricks Insha Allah (God-willing) don’t worry about what will happen etc think about now and if you were to depart from this world? What will be your condition etc.

Read the stories of the Sahabah (companions of the Prophet pbuh ) and the Life of the Prophet pbuh. How they were abused and mocked and even killed!

When you revert Insha Allah you'll find sisters whom are willing to help you- willing to share their food with you, their clothes etc

Umar001
11-21-2006, 12:12 PM
LOL @ brother IbnAbdulHakim ..... but its true it does and did work (on me at least)

And brother IsaAbdullah i agree with everything u said - but sometimes i wish i could move to another area from were my parents are so once i do revert i can practise it freely without hiding or changing. But i guess you cant have everything easy.
Trust me! I know exactly the feeling, I wish I could move out, have my own place so I can pray when I want, and so on, trust me so much I feel exactly the same, but we need to be strong, something that makes me stronger is hearing the verses of IBRAHIM, Abraham, peace be upon him, who spoke to his father, I urge you to listen to a reciation of these:

19:41
And make mention (O Muhammad) in the Scripture of Abraham. Lo! he was a saint, a prophet.

19:42
When he said unto his father: O my father! Why worshippest thou that which heareth not nor seeth, nor can in aught avail thee?

19:43
O my father! Lo! there hath come unto me of knowledge that which came not unto thee. So follow me, and I will lead thee on a right path.

19:44
O my father! Serve not the devil. Lo! the devil is a rebel unto the Beneficent.

19:45
O my father! Lo! I fear lest a punishment from the Beneficent overtake thee so that thou become a comrade of the devil.

19:46
He said: Rejectest thou my gods, O Abraham? If thou cease not, I shall surely stone thee. Depart from me a long while!

This is what Abraham had to put up with, imagine that, our parents telling us that they will stone us, :confused:

But yes, I do agree if we moved another place it would make things alot easier, but we cant run away all our lives.

Angelzz
11-21-2006, 12:12 PM
Thats so true sis - the few sisters i have talked too Online have been so helpful and warm. and in regards to Allah i do love Allah - though coming from christianity (catholic) i used to feel more closer to Jesus and especially Mary. I used to ask for help and guidance from them. Towards the time i started to research religion i was so confused about who i should pray too cause most of time i was praying to jesus or mary in my mind though i was saying allah (even though i was christian we still call him allah too )

Thinking back i think it was cause in church u have statues of jesus and mary and u can identify with them easier. But once i read about islam - monotheism i accepted readily but it took some time to understand jesus and mary roles within islam - that was hard but now Allah has opened my heart and i accept it fully without question what their roles actually were.

Now i feel i have to reconnect with Allah direct and i do miss praying- i feel closer when i do - its just cause im in limbo at the moment i havent been able to pray ... i mean how? which way? im not revert yet?

Umar001
11-21-2006, 12:16 PM
Now i feel i have to reconnect with Allah direct and i do miss praying- i feel closer when i do - its just cause im in limbo at the moment i havent been able to pray ... i mean how? which way? im not revert yet?
Just talk to him, what do you know about Him? He's the one that created you, so speak to Him, tell Him, 'Oh G-d I know you created me annd have granted me knowledge' reflect on all the good you have and just talk to him like you would normally, I know alot of reverts who before Islam actually used to postrate, and bow down, it is so relaxing to do that, feels like nothin else matters and that you have a never ending appointment with Him.

Read about Him in his book, tell Him passages that you liked, use those passages when you speak to him to ask for stuff and thank Him.#

Am so glad you have come to this forum, you've made me love God even more, its so amazing

Angelzz
11-21-2006, 12:17 PM
Thats so true brother IsaAbdullah - so true. all im saying to myself is one step at a time , slowly slowly - just as islam has reached me - i can reach them. I honestly dont see them reverting though - which will be hard to deal with - how do u deal with it brother?

Umar001
11-21-2006, 12:19 PM
Thats so true brother IsaAbdullah - so true. all im saying to myself is one step at a time , slowly slowly - just as islam has reached me - i can reach them. I honestly dont see them reverting though - which will be hard to deal with - how do u deal with it brother?
Erm, well as I said, Im pretty distant from my family, I've never kinda fitted in with them, so maybe that makes things easier on me.

I dont know what you mean by deal with it, deal with praying and so on or deal with them possibly going to hell?

Angelzz
11-21-2006, 12:21 PM
brother IsaAbdullah - thank you for your words they inspire me so much. and i will start doing as u suggested and im already happy knowing im not the only one whose experiencing this and though i didnt need "permission" as such its good to know i can still pray in some way.

Angelzz
11-21-2006, 12:23 PM
deal with them going to hell - i mean they r still ur family and u still care about them. I know im not and never been close to my dad growing up and even now but i still care bout him though i never say it or show it.

Umm Yoosuf
11-21-2006, 12:27 PM
Angelzz
Let me ask you few questions?

Do you believe in Allah? Do you believe that Muhammad is His final Messenger and sent to all Mankind? Do you believe that Jesus is the Messenger of God and not God or son of God? Do you believe that Mary was a virgin and gave both to Jesus by the permission of Allah? If the answers to all these question is yes then you believe

“ASH-HADU ANLA ELAHA ILLA-ALLAH WA ASH-HADU ANNA MOHAMMADAN RASUL-ALLAH”.

The English translation is:

"I bear witness that there is no deity worthy to be worshipped but Allah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and messenger."

What is stopping you from taking the shahada? You should take it as soon as possible. Insha Allah the rest will be easy for you.

You can do this right here today...:D

IbnAbdulHakim
11-21-2006, 12:28 PM
Peace

Angelzz, you might die tomorrow... i would take Al-Mu'minahs advice :).

*gets popcorn*

Peace

Umar001
11-21-2006, 12:31 PM
deal with them going to hell - i mean they r still ur family and u still care about them. I know im not and never been close to my dad growing up and even now but i still care bout him though i never say it or show it.
I mean of course its hard, I mean I do look at my mom and see that she works hard for us and she wakes up early and sleeps late to go work and so on, and shes having a hard t ime here in this world.

But we should always remember a couple of things:

*G-d is Just, he doesn't want people to go hell as such, He judges justly and noone will be punished more than what is just and what they earned.

*That noone is going hell unless they have been sent a messenger and known the messenger

*That our parents are humans who were young and sane and they had clear proof shown to them

Now I know that the above doesn't seem very compassionate, but the above is something which I do think about when I get upset, I remember that although they are my family here, they are and have been given their options and if they don't choose it then thats life, we have to remember our real family is those in heaven.

You told me you prayed to Jesus and Mary, tell me, how much do you love them? I love Jesus peace be upon him so much, he was like a father figure to me, and I'd give anything to be with him, I cant wait to see him, inshaAllah, I hope my family comes but its upto them and if they don't then thats a part of life.

I know that this probably won't help, the pain is still there, for me its there when I think of the punishements of hell and I invision my family there, then of course it hurts, but it's their choice. Try not to vividly picture it, I don't I just try to remmeber the above points.

Angelzz
11-21-2006, 12:32 PM
wow sis - no one has really asked me like that - i havent even asked myself those questions like that lol but guess what the answer is yes to all of them. i guess i havent reverted as yet due to issues like wearing the hijab and family reactions and not knowing arabic therefore i cant pray. Also feeling like i wouldnt be good example of a revert either in regards to lifestyle changes,

Angelzz
11-21-2006, 12:37 PM
Brother IsaAbdullah - im more like that with mary she is like a mother figure like a second back up mum for me LOL i know thats bad thats how i thought i still love her but i dont worship her anymore nor jesus i still love him but not worship him.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-21-2006, 12:39 PM
:salamext:

i also love the pious mother of Jesus, Maryam (mary) and Jesus himself (eesa) May Allah be pleased with them both and grant them the best of paradise !

:wasalamex

Umar001
11-21-2006, 12:39 PM
wow sis - no one has really asked me like that - i havent even asked myself those questions like that lol but guess what the answer is yes to all of them. i guess i havent reverted as yet due to issues like wearing the hijab and family reactions and not knowing arabic therefore i cant pray. Also feeling like i wouldnt be good example of a revert either in regards to lifestyle changes,
A man named Khalid Yasin who does talks once said something like:

If you have messy house, you don't just put it off to the next day and keep doing that, else you'll never clean the house up. Rather, you pick up a magazine today, get someone to help you, pick up a couple of things the next day then inshaAllah after a while you have a clean house!

Trust me, for me, when I was gonna become Muslim, I was like 'But I dotn know this, I dont wanna jump into it, and then do all the sins and then lose blessings and so on'

No matter how much knowledge you have you'll never feel you have enough! Trust me! :p I studied Islaam for 6 months and still didnt feel I had enough. Accept it then learn it.

PS can I take your shahada?? :happy: :happy:
I need the reward! :p

Umm Yoosuf
11-21-2006, 12:42 PM
Angelzz

Firstly let me tell you something all these things that you worrying about are from Satan. As I said before when someobe recongises the truth he sits in the path and says "but what about this and that"....

Say:

I seek refuge with Allah (The All Hearing, The All-Knowing) from Satan, the rejected.

All these things you are worrying about a small and you do not need to worry about them...

You will learn them later....step by step Insha Allah...

When you come to Islam you are NOT required to start wearing HijaB straight away! And learn theentire Quran!!!!!!!! And Learn allllllllllll the prayers! No everything comes with knowledge...step by step you learn things...Allah will make it easy for you...

I ask you, what are you waiting for? Allah has guided you to Islam...he has chosen you...he could left you but he want good for you...he wants Jannah (paradise) for you...

Take you shahadah

ASH-HADU ANLA ELAHA ILLA-ALLAH WA ASH-HADU ANNA MOHAMMADAN RASUL-ALLAH”.

"I bear witness that there is no deity worthy to be worshipped but Allah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and messenger."

You can do it while you are sitting in front of the screen...we your witness Insha Allah :)

Move on Angelzz otherwise you'll keep putting it off...

Angelzz
11-21-2006, 12:44 PM
I love the purpose of life lecture by Khalid Yasin that affected me so much that once i finished hearing the audio cd in my car - i was laughing and crying - i must admit i did take down the rosary beads that were in my car.

Umar001
11-21-2006, 12:46 PM
I love the purpose of life lecture by Khalid Yasin that affected me so much that once i finished hearing the audio cd in my car - i was laughing and crying - i must admit i did take down the rosary beads that were in my car.
Lol Im glad you liked it, I use to play it on casette each morning and I ended up knowin the words, tahts before I became Muslim lol.

Angelzz
11-21-2006, 12:48 PM
ok sis and bro i have listened and i do feel ready thinking about it all now - i am ready and ur right sis it is satan stopping me and god did guide me to islam - slowly slowly he put experiences, events and ppl in my path to educate me and open my mind and heart to it.

so tell me - do i just say the shahada to myself out loud?

Umar001
11-21-2006, 12:49 PM
ok sis and bro i have listened and i do feel ready thinking about it all now - i am ready and ur right sis it is satan stopping me and god did guide me to islam - slowly slowly he put experiences, events and ppl in my path to educate me and open my mind and heart to it.

so tell me - do i just say the shahada to myself out loud?
Say it out loud!

Ashadu Anla Illah Ill Allah

Wa Ashadu Anna Muhammadur Rasullah

Umar001
11-21-2006, 12:50 PM
Plus u can type it for us :p

*waits patiently*

IbnAbdulHakim
11-21-2006, 12:50 PM

if you just say it should be ok :D !

Umar001
11-21-2006, 12:52 PM
Man Am refresshin this page alot :p

Umm Yoosuf
11-21-2006, 12:53 PM
Allahu Akabr!!!!!!!!!!

Take a deep breath and say it loud in Arabic and then in English :)

- Qatada -
11-21-2006, 12:54 PM

subhan Allaah.. just recite Ash hadu allaahillaah illAllah Muhammadur Rasool Allaah. :) i bear witness that there is none worthy of worship besides Allah and Muhammad [peace be upon him] is His messenger.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-21-2006, 12:55 PM

:D, you there sister :)

May Allah make it easy for you. Ameen !

IbnAbdulHakim
11-21-2006, 12:56 PM
sister all hesitation is from the shaytaan.

ya Allah please make it easy for this sister!

EVERYONE MAKE DUA FOR HER !

Umar001
11-21-2006, 12:57 PM
Just give her a second, its a big step for some, lol

Angelzz
11-21-2006, 12:57 PM
Ash hadu allaahillaah Muhammadur Rasool Allaah.

i bear witness that there is none worthy of worship besides Allah and Muhammad [peace be upon him] is His messenger.

- Qatada -
11-21-2006, 12:58 PM

sorry, can u just edit - i made a mistake "Ash hadu allaahillaah illAllah Muhammadur Rasool Allaah." its that.. my bad.. i'm real sorry.

Welcome to islaam sister :D !!

You can read this now:

How To Become a Muslim? http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...eng&txt=revert

Umar001

i bear witness that there is none worthy of worship besides Allah and Muhammad [peace be upon him] is His messenger.
:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ALLLAHU AKBAR!!!

ALLAHU AKBAR

*Shoots Ak rounds*

Angelzz
im sorry sis and bro - i just became so emotional im crying its so beautiful - i cant believe im crying so much

Umar001
11-21-2006, 12:59 PM
im sorry sis and bro - i just became so emotional im crying its so beautiful - i cant believe im crying so much
I knew it

WHOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

TAKBEER

Allahu AKbar

Umm Yoosuf
11-21-2006, 01:00 PM

Say it one more time I think you missed out the bit in bold:love:

"Ash hadu allaahillaah illAllah Muhammadur Rasool Allaah

Sorry...

- Qatada -
11-21-2006, 01:01 PM

That's koool! Allaahu akbar! :) we got another member in this biiiiiiiiiiiiiiig family :p alhamdulillah :D

Umar001
11-21-2006, 01:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

sorry, can u just edit - i made a mistake "Ash hadu allaahillaah illAllah Muhammadur Rasool Allaah." its that.. my bad.. i'm real sorry.

Way to go! ^o) ^o)

IbnAbdulHakim
11-21-2006, 01:02 PM

*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*' *'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*' *'*'*

Congratulations!!

May Allah make your further steps easy and may he keep you firm in your faith.

Alhamdulillaah !

Welcome to Al-Islam !

*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*' *'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*' *'*'*

Angelzz
11-21-2006, 01:02 PM
Ash hadu allaahillaah illAllah Muhammadur Rasool Allaah. thank you guys ----- im still crying sorry im so happy

IbnAbdulHakim
11-21-2006, 01:03 PM
subhanAllah, :D lol

sis your like a newborn baby now, no sins at all, subhanAllah :D

Umm Yoosuf
11-21-2006, 01:04 PM
Alhamdulilaaaaaaaaaaaah!!

Welcome to Islam our dearest sister. May Allah bless you and grant you Jannah (Paradise) beaneath which rievers flow. *Sniffs* :'( Praise be to Allah...

Angelzz
11-21-2006, 01:05 PM
wow - i feel so good guys. i feel complete. i know it might sound strange but i do.

- Qatada -
We goin offtopic, lol but hu carez :p

The next step for a newly revert to Islam is the purify himself by taking a complete bath. He should then resolve to comply with the principles and rules of Islam in their entirety. He should disown all forms of polytheism and false beliefs. He should reject evil and be rigtheous. Such rejection of evil and being righteous is one of the requisites of the motto of Islam – that is, Laa ilaha illallah.

Allah states in the Holy qur’an :

“…whoever rejects evil and believes in the Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy Hand-hold, that never breaks…” (Qur’an 2:256).

We have to consider that when declare from our heart that “ there is no god (deity) worthy to be worshipped but Allah”, it implies on our part love, devotion, faith and obedience to the rules of Islamic legislations which are legally binding on all Muslims. It is a requiremant of “there is no god worthy to be worshipped but Allah” to love for the sake of Allah and to reject for the sake of Allah.

Asalaamu 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh sister.

IbnAbdulHakim
i tried givin her a thousand reps but its not working !!!!

Umar001
TAKBEER

ALLAHU AKBAR

TAKBEER

ALLAHU AKBAR

INSHALLAH JANNAH WILL BE YOUR HOME, YOU'LL NEVER BE ALONE NOW THAT YOUR MUSLIM
YOUR IN THE BIGGEST FAMILY IN THE WHOLE OF HISTORY, OHHHH NOW THAT YOUR A MUSLIM
THOUGH TEARS MAY BE SHED REMEMBER YOUR FINAL HOME WILL NOT BE YOUR DEATH BED
OHHH NOW YOUR A MUSLIM
NO PUNISHMENT OF THE GRAVE FOR THOSE WHO ARE BRAVE WHEN THEY SAY THE SHAHADA
OHHHH YOUS A MUSLIM
MUHAMMAD WILL BE HAPPY INSHAALLAH TO KNOW THAT PEOPLE HAVE JOINED HIS UMMAH
OHHHH BECUASE YOUR A MUSLIM
NOW INSHAALLAH YOU'LL BE WITH JESUS AND MARY BECAUSE YOU AND THEY ARE MUSLIM

hidaayah
11-21-2006, 01:06 PM
MashaAllah! Mabrooook sis :) Welcome to The Muslim Ummah!

- Qatada -
11-21-2006, 01:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ALLLAHU AKBAR!!!

ALLAHU AKBAR

*Shoots Ak rounds*

loooooooooooooooooooool we witnessed it first alhamdulillah :) and Allaah is sister angelzz witness too :) :p

Umar001
11-21-2006, 01:08 PM
YOU KNOW THT ALL YOUR SINS ARE FORGIVEN SO YOUR NOW LIKE A NEW BORN BABY, PROPA PURE!! MAYBE EVEN IN A BETTER POSITION THAN ALL OF US HERE MAN THAT IS SO COOL ALLAHU AKBAR

Angelzz
11-21-2006, 01:10 PM
thats so beautiful guys - im sorry im short on words but im still emotional and brother isa your words are so beautiful and sis your words are wat i was gonna ask next lol

Umm Yoosuf
11-21-2006, 01:12 PM
We goin offtopic, lol but hu carez :p

The next step for a newly revert to Islam is the purify himself by taking a complete bath. He should then resolve to comply with the principles and rules of Islam in their entirety. He should disown all forms of polytheism and false beliefs. He should reject evil and be rigtheous. Such rejection of evil and being righteous is one of the requisites of the motto of Islam – that is, Laa ilaha illallah.

Allah states in the Holy qur’an :

“…whoever rejects evil and believes in the Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy Hand-hold, that never breaks…” (Qur’an 2:256).

We have to consider that when declare from our heart that “ there is no god (deity) worthy to be worshipped but Allah”, it implies on our part love, devotion, faith and obedience to the rules of Islamic legislations which are legally binding on all Muslims. It is a requiremant of “there is no god worthy to be worshipped but Allah” to love for the sake of Allah and to reject for the sake of Allah.

Asalaamu 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh sister.

Angelzz

If you live in London let me know...

Angelzz
im gonna go do a good deed now and come back and have a shower - hopefully you guys are still here so i can ask wat comes next??? thank you again brothers and sisters mwah mwah mwah

Ash hadu allaahillaah illAllah Muhammadur Rasool Allaah.

Angelzz
sorry sis im in sydney australia

11-21-2006, 01:13 PM
Takbeeer!!!!! Awww welcome to our ummah!! :wub: :wub:

Umar001
11-21-2006, 01:13 PM
thats so beautiful guys - im sorry im short on words but im still emotional and brother isa your words are so beautiful and sis your words are wat i was gonna ask next lol
LOl my poetry?

MAN SISTER AM SO GLAD U BECAME MUSLIM I WISH I WAS A SISTER FOR A SECOND AND THT I LIVED NEAR YOU, I'd TAKEU OUT TO THE MASJID WE'd GO HAVE FUN ND READ QU'RAN AND EVERYTHING IT WOULD BE SO SO SO SO COOL!!

*NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YOUSSSSSSS A MUSLIMMMMMMMM

JUST LIKE JESUS AND MARY, THE PATH WILL NEVER BE SCARY

OHHHHH NOW THAT YOUS A MUSLIM

NOT INTERMIDIETARY, YOU CAN SPEAK TO ALLAH ALONE ONE ON ONE AT HOME

OHHHHHHH NOW THAT YOUR A MUSLIM

JUST TRY YOUR BEST TODAY, FAST, READ AND PRAY

OHHHHH NOW THAT YOUR A MUSLIM

AND IMAGINE HOW YOU'LL BE WHEN YOU STAND BEFORE HE! AS A MUSLIM!

AND IF YOU FOLLOW HIS WAY THERE WILL BE NO FEAR ON YOU AND YOULL BE IN THE SHADE, ON JUDGEMENT DAY,

WHY?

COS

OHHHHHH UR A MUSLIM*

- Qatada -
11-21-2006, 01:14 PM
The Prophet (Peace be upon him) said: Allah the Almighty said: I am as My servant thinks I am (1). I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.

(1) Another possible rendering of the Arabic is: "I am as My servant expects Me to be". The meaning is that forgiveness and acceptance of repentance by the Almighty is subject to His servant truly believing that He is forgiving and merciful. However, not to accompany such belief with right action would be to mock the Almighty.

It was related by al-Buhkari (also by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn-Majah).

:salamext: :)

Umar001
11-21-2006, 01:14 PM
Allahu Akbar!!

- Qatada -
11-21-2006, 01:16 PM
I think you should contact Ladee_Maryam - shes from there too.. you might be located in the same area insha'Allaah.

Peace.

Umm Yoosuf
Don't worry sister...

*Looks around for ladee marayam*

Insha Allah we will help you out...

Isn't it amazing how Allah guides subhan Allah...

I am lost for words myself all i can say is Alhamdulilaah, Allhu Akbar...subhan Allah...

I made a supplication for Allah to open your heart and I am sure many of us were too...

Alhamdulilaaah...

Sunflower
Welcome to the our ummah sister awwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!! a new sister.. and i thought angelzzz and ladyee_maryam knew each other already..Allahu 3lam

Umar001
11-21-2006, 01:17 PM
Man am gonna explode!

Muhammad
11-21-2006, 01:20 PM

Masha'Allaah, this is really great news Alhamdulillah!

Congratulations to you sister Angelzz - and welcome to this family of Islam!

I pray that Allaah will bestow knowledge upon you and keep you steadfast upon the truth, Aameen.

I hope there are some sisters near you that can welcome you properly Insha'Allaah! Let us know how things go...

S_87
11-21-2006, 01:21 PM

All praise is due to Allah. this is great sister welcome to Islam.

- Qatada -
11-21-2006, 01:28 PM
Sister, after you took your bath - try praying salaah to Allaah if you know how to perform it. If you don't know, you can try to find out how to from these links insha'Allaah:

http://www.sparklywater.com/sparklywater/downloads.html

http://www.islam.com/salat/salatfinal.html

http://www.bahagia.btinternet.co.uk/prayer1.html

http://muslimconverts.com/prayer/how-to-pray-intro.htm

Also build up a relationship with Allaah by obeying Him, understanding His commandments by reflecting on the Qur'an and Authentic Sunnah etc. If you can build a firm relationship with Allaah, you will be able to face any obstacle that comes in your way insha'Allaah.

You may also be interested in downloading lectures, which you can find from here insha'Allaah:

http://www.kalamullah.com/

http://www.sabbir.com

If you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask. You can also go to your local masjid for help. And whenever you need anything, ask of it from Allaah, and He is always there for you. Patience and prayer are powerful weapons of a believer.

Asalaamu 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Umu 'Isa
11-21-2006, 01:31 PM
OMG OMG
subhanAllah! i missed it :cry: you should of msged me on MSN before this was all happening :cry:

CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to this beautiful religion, islam :D

i'm so happy for you sis, i wish i could just squeeeeze you!

Allahu Akbar!

Snowflake
11-21-2006, 01:35 PM

SubhanAllah! MashaAllah! Allahu Akbar! Alhumdulillah.... ohhh man me crying with joy :cry: :D :happy:

WELCOME TO ISLAM SISTER CHRIS

:wub:love you for the sake of Allah *hugzzzzzzzz* :wub:

May Allah make you an example to others and grant you with the highest status in Jannah. Ameen.

ur sis :rose: :muslimah:

Snowflake
11-21-2006, 01:37 PM
:happy: ;D :D :thankyou: :statisfie :smile: :p :giggling:

:lol: I aint lost the plot.... I'm just so happy ;D

rubiesand
11-21-2006, 01:39 PM
Congratulations sister Angelzz!:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Welcome to the family!

Umm Yoosuf
11-21-2006, 01:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ladee_Maryam
OMG OMG
subhanAllah! i missed it :cry: you should of msged me on MSN before this was all happening :cry:

CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to this beautiful religion, islam :D

i'm so happy for you sis, i wish i could just squeeeeze you!

Allahu Akbar!
I didn't know you were online...you are almost always appearing as offline^o)

Quit hiding...:-\

Umar001
11-21-2006, 01:54 PM
Sister, after you took your bath - try praying salaah to Allaah if you know how to perform it. If you don't know, you can try to find out how to from these links insha'Allaah:

http://www.sparklywater.com/sparklywater/downloads.html

http://www.islam.com/salat/salatfinal.html

http://www.bahagia.btinternet.co.uk/prayer1.html

http://muslimconverts.com/prayer/how-to-pray-intro.htm

Also build up a relationship with Allaah by obeying Him, understanding His commandments by reflecting on the Qur'an and Authentic Sunnah etc. If you can build a firm relationship with Allaah, you will be able to face any obstacle that comes in your way insha'Allaah.

You may also be interested in downloading lectures, which you can find from here insha'Allaah:

http://www.kalamullah.com/

http://www.sabbir.com

If you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask. You can also go to your local masjid for help. And whenever you need anything, ask of it from Allaah, and He is always there for you. Patience and prayer are powerful weapons of a believer.

Asalaamu 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.
Just to add a comment, try hard, but don't lose your patience if you cant do it properly or if u forget parts, please, because for some people it takes a second and they can do it, for others it takes years to learn just prayers, so try hard but dont be annoyed if it takes time, I was one who it took time with lol well not toolong, but those who struggle and are persistant they get reward for that too!!

Am so excited, I was just taking a walk to the shop, hopin the fresh air might calm me down, and then I was jus smiling all the way, I cant believe it man, your my sister, although I mean most muslims would not just let injustice happen and would help whether a person is muslim or not, it just wierd, alot of muslims now would do alot for you, not him or not her, but YOU, because you are just as valuable to them as their own bodies, alot of us might put ourselfs on the line for you, never feel alone,

also remember:

“And your Lord said: ‘Invoke Me (and ask Me for anything), I will respond to your invocation. Verily! Those who scorn My worship [i.e., do not invoke Me and do not believe in My Oneness], they will surely enter Hell in humiliation!” [Ghaafir 40:60].

Goku
11-21-2006, 01:54 PM
Alhumdulillah

Welcome to Islam Sister Angelzz. You have taken the path to Truth, if you need any help, dont hesitate to ask us here or your Muslim Sisters at your local Mosque.

May Allah SWT keep us all strong in Faith, Ameen. :)

Mawaddah
11-21-2006, 01:56 PM
Allahu Akbar sister!!!

Oh Subhanallah this is so wonderful :'( :'( I pray that Allah keeps you and all of us strong upon the straight path Ameen......

Welcome to the family sis!! :)

Umu 'Isa
11-21-2006, 01:58 PM

im sooo happy for you :D. Alhamdulillah sis! :wub:

things may get quite hard, just have patience inshaAllah and remember it is just a test! I'm always there if you need a chat :wub:

Al Mu'minah.. appearing offline is the best :shade:

Woodrow
11-21-2006, 02:02 PM
Mashallah, Welcome Home Ukthi

Al-Zaara
11-21-2006, 02:34 PM

ALLAHU AKBAR!!! All praise is due to Allah (swt)...

Congratulations sister! Welcome Home to your family! :love:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-21-2006, 02:44 PM

Welcome back! May Allah make the future easy for you :)

YusufNoor
11-21-2006, 03:05 PM
Ash hadu allaahillaah illAllah Muhammadur Rasool Allaah. thank you guys ----- im still crying sorry im so happy

wow, Allahu Akbar! :awesome:

you're not the only one crying Sister!!

Assalamu Alaykum! :muslimah:

may Allah (SWT) keep and guide you and strengthen you! :inshallah

Angelzz
11-21-2006, 03:06 PM
Thank you brothers and sisters so much ---- i am SO HAPPY i cant believe how good i feel - i really didnt think i would feel this good but i feel happy, excited, complete, calm, peaceful, joyful and so eager and keen even more than i was to learn more and more. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH

IbnAbdulHakim
11-21-2006, 03:11 PM

asalamu alaikum to you my sister, just wanted to say, please be careful in this dunya. The amount of temptations around isnt even funny, always remember Allah and he said that hell is surrounded by pleasure and desires and heaven is surrounded by trials so my sister get through the trials with the utmost struggle

Umar001
11-21-2006, 03:12 PM
Thank you brothers and sisters so much ---- i am SO HAPPY i cant believe how good i feel - i really didnt think i would feel this good but i feel happy, excited, complete, calm, peaceful, joyful and so eager and keen even more than i was to learn more and more. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH
Trust me, I think alot of people feel like that now, I certainly do, I love this day so much.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-21-2006, 03:14 PM
Trust me, I think alot of people feel like that now, I certainly do, I love this day so much.
:D :love:

Umar001
11-21-2006, 03:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
:D :love:
Fo shizzle bro I love you man!

Angelzz
11-21-2006, 03:20 PM
You guys are amazing thank you Bro's and sis's.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-21-2006, 03:21 PM
Fo shizzle bro I love you man!
and may Allah love you for lovin me :)

wa iyyakum ;)

Al-Zaara
11-21-2006, 03:22 PM
Now now, the brothers getting all emotional, masha'Allah. :D

Sis Angelzz, you made my day honey! :love:

*Umm_Umar*
11-21-2006, 03:24 PM

SubhanAllah!!! Allahu Akbar! I've got goosebumps!

Congratulation on your reversion sister!! And welcome to the ummah :wub:

May Allah swt continue to guide you on the path to paradise! :love:

I'm so happy for you sis! :)

Inshallah you'll be in my prayers.

Ps. This is Ally btw, inshallah talk to u on msn later :shade:

Helena
11-21-2006, 03:30 PM

subanAllah..Allah(swt) works mysteriously......ya Allah...

am soo happy...alhamdulilah...wlecome back to islam....

inshAllah may Allah(swt) guide you and protect u from the saytan!.....

Rabi'ya
11-21-2006, 03:35 PM

mashAllah sister. Welcome!!1 I ray Allah guides you and keeps you on the straight pth....ameen

the easy bit is dun...now the hard work begins ;)

Hope inshALlah it all works out for u, and if u ever need someone to listen, im always here for u...i was in ur shoes too once:)

Angelzz
11-21-2006, 03:50 PM
Thank you sisters and brothers so much - i cant say it enough - may Allah bless u all.

P.S. Too any ppl who might be reading this thread - if anything said has offended you than im deeply sorry - the purpose was not to hurt or offend others but i was stating my thoughts and feelings - as everyone has a right to express.

Rabi'ya
11-21-2006, 03:51 PM

u can change ur way of life to Muslim now :) inshAllah and ur icon to "sister in Islam" wooooo :D

Angelzz
11-21-2006, 04:00 PM
lol thats right i will do it now

Makky
11-21-2006, 04:31 PM
Hi Just wondering - how do potential reverts find spouses??? i would like to hear from reverts who have found a spouse and how it came about? how they met?
It seems it would be harder for reverts to find a spouse or get the word out there that they are seeking one.
Frist of All congratulations , Alhamdullilah that Allah has grand you hidaya ..Allahu Akbar

My Advise to you is Don't search a spouse by yourself, find a trusted shiekh and contact his wife, this shiekh would be your Walli , who will be able to evaluate the proposals for you , you may ask why?.. this is because Muslims are human beings they are not angels from the heavens , some are good & some are bad , So be Carious

Angelzz
11-21-2006, 04:35 PM
i will brother when time is ready to get married i will be cautious thank you for informing me

-Shakirah-
11-21-2006, 05:47 PM
I just finished reading this thread from the begining, I can't even describe how I feel........I'm so happy for you....my keyboard is starting to type funny because it's got water damage to it!

May Allah guild us and keep us on the straight path forever. Ameen.

Skillganon
11-21-2006, 05:58 PM
Heard the good news.

TAKBEER

Allahu AKbar

amirah_87
11-21-2006, 06:02 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Ya Allah I missed out on this!!! :'( :'(

:rose: Welcome to Islam Sister Angelzz!!!!!!! ... :rose:

I ask Allah to guide you and keep you on the straight path InshaAllah!!

I'm sooooo happy for you!!...Allahu Akbar!! *takes the AK off Isa & fires some rounds!!* :D

- Qatada -
11-21-2006, 06:05 PM

*pullz out rocket launcha?* ... :p puts it back in his pocket again... lol

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-21-2006, 06:06 PM
MashAllah sis Angelzz, welcome to the Ummah. Congrats on ur reversion. May Allah keep you steadfast on the deen, InshAllah :)
Ill take it if u dont wana use that launcha bro...:p orrr leme have ur AK sis Amirah :D

learningislam
11-21-2006, 06:26 PM

i missed it too.......but not too late...

Congratulations......sis angelzz..... *hugs* :wub:
Welcome to Islam.........am really happy to see you in our world....
May Allah Almighty keep you firm on Islam....ameen

Takbeer......ALLAHU AKBAR

Lina
11-21-2006, 06:28 PM

Subhan'Allah.

Allahu Akbar.

May Allah subhana wa ta'la make you amongst the saliheen Insha'Allah.
Ameen thumma ameen.

Welcome back ukhtee! :love:

If there is anything you need, just say it Insha'Allah.

Hajar
11-21-2006, 06:37 PM

MashaAllah!!!
Great news..Im soooo happy for you sister!!:love:

ALLLAHU AKBAR!!!

lyesh
11-21-2006, 09:40 PM
Salaamz ssis!
Welcome to Islam! and welcome to our LI family! *hugs*
This is one of the most amazing threads i ever read...... i want to give u sooooo many reps!!! lol! U made me cry toooo.....
May Allah Help you in everything! ameen!

Maimunah
11-21-2006, 09:53 PM
may Allah bless u sis
welcome to Al islam:)

wasalaam

Umar001
11-21-2006, 10:16 PM
What more could Muslims want at such a celebration, a revert, an ak, a rocket launcher, and a website.

Pk_#2
11-21-2006, 10:31 PM
:wub:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Welcome to Islam sis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alhamdhulillah!!!

CoNgRUts!!

hUgZ!!

jUmP IN The SiStAS SecTiON fO sUM MO lOvIN lollll

aww :wub: duno wah to say, hehe!

schoolmaster54
11-21-2006, 11:32 PM
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
Welcome to Islam, Sister. You're like a newly born baby who has no sins. Very pure. Keep your mood consistently, inshallah. We're with you.
Wassalam!

F.Y.
11-21-2006, 11:34 PM
Awwww! I missed it! :cry:
Mashalllah sis Angelzz. Sorry I'm not in Sydney but I'm pretty close (QLD)....if you need help you can ask me inshallah. Sis cheese (VIC) and as you already know Ladee Maryam has lived in Sydney too - so inshallah you can ask us stuff.

Lots of love, hugs and peace :wub:

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-21-2006, 11:38 PM
Masha'Allah I have a new sister to add to my collection...welcome.

You might be seeing an increase in trails and tribulations anytime soon..

May we all succeed in our goal in this life to make it to Paradise in afterlife...insha'Allah

Riya90
11-21-2006, 11:40 PM
Subhanallah!! May Allaah bless uuuuu!!! am soo happpppppy 4u :D:D:D::D:D:D

MH-UK
11-21-2006, 11:43 PM

SubhanAllah, amazing thread.

Angelzz
11-22-2006, 06:40 AM
Thank you brothers and sisters for your warm welcome and loving words - means so much to me and i have been ecstatic every since - today i met up a sister and her hubby here in sydney (which i must thank Ladee Maryam as she put me in contact with sis Fatema - thank you Ladee Maryam with all my heart) .... yep i met the sis and her hubby and said shahada again - so now its Official. ;o)

Malaikah
11-22-2006, 07:08 AM

Wow Allahuakbar!!!!!!! Mashaallah congrats sis!! :D

Angelzz
11-22-2006, 07:19 AM
thanks sis - ive been on such a natural high and u know what all my trivial issues have disappeared ever since i said shahadah - its so amazing honestly everyhting seems so clear and im so much more aware of what i say and do now im absolutley loving this . Thank you Allah for blessing me and opening my heart and see the truth. Allahu Akbar

lyesh
11-22-2006, 07:23 AM
Allahu Akbar!!!!!!
Thts great! :D

syilla
11-22-2006, 09:13 AM
oh my...i overlooked this thread...

Allahuakbar!...

congratulations....

May we all succeed in our goal in this life to make it to Paradise in afterlife...insha'Allah
Ameen

- Qatada -
11-22-2006, 12:47 PM

Masha'Allaah, thats really good.. atleast you got muslims in your area. Do you have a masjid there too sister?

Umu 'Isa
11-22-2006, 12:59 PM
masha Allah the sister lives right near the masjid where sheikh feiz is from :)

- Qatada -
11-22-2006, 01:05 PM

Subhan Allaah thats really kool.. the sister should make the most out of that insha'Allaah.

Angelzz
11-22-2006, 01:05 PM
yep and there are 2 others close by as well. planning to go soon just need someone to"hold my hand" lol

amirah_87
11-22-2006, 01:23 PM
As salaamu Alaykum,

MashaAllah sis, glad you met up with someone, May Allah reward Maryam Abduntaly, and the sister!

Hope all goes well :rose:

IbnAbdulHakim
11-22-2006, 01:27 PM

subhanAllah, it sounds like everything is going smoothly Alhamdulillaah. Am sure its due to all the dua's by the members of this forum and the sisters efforts combined.

JazakAllah khair wa barakAllah feek to the members.

TabarakAllah !!

------
11-24-2006, 02:10 PM

I'm a bit late lol but its never too late to say -

:D :D :D WELCOME TO ISLAM!!! :D :D :D

Your sister in Islam,

Pr1nc3ss

Angelzz
11-24-2006, 02:40 PM
Thanks sis ;o) and its never too late - ur right. Im eager to learn how to pray - the sister ive met is gonna teach me soon - i can't wait.
I tried to pray using online help - but i ended up trying to pray the way brothers do and couldnt for the life me be able to sit the way it shows (on ur left foot keeping the right foot straight) i nearly toppled over LOL

Do any brothers have problems doing this sitting position cause its seems so hard?

al Amaanah
11-24-2006, 02:43 PM
Allahu Akbar!!!!

Umar001
11-24-2006, 02:44 PM
Thanks sis ;o) and its never too late - ur right. Im eager to learn how to pray - the sister ive met is gonna teach me soon - i can't wait.
I tried to pray using online help - but i ended up trying to pray the way brothers do and couldnt for the life me be able to sit the way it shows (on ur left foot keeping the right foot straight) i nearly toppled over LOL

Do any brothers have problems doing this sitting position cause its seems so hard?
Assalamu Aleykum,

I had this problem, I still do, I think it really depends on how quick you can adapt.

For me, I found it so hard, my toe, hurt alot, also you may want to know that Malcom X had this problem too, his toe swell, its in his autobiography, something that I used to think about when I was trying to sit properly.

but I will advise you to try it, maybe not in prayer, but try sitting like that at home or something for abit, and make alot of Du'a, and ask your Creator to help you and make it easy for you and so forth. Also how much you weigh plays a part in it and if your body can support that, I still find it hard, I mean I cant sit like alot of the other brothers sit, it hurts alot, I sit with the foot up when I can, but never as 'relaxed' as others can do it, inshaAllah one day it will be normal for me, but if your consistant, and you do it regularly and keep prayer and do it regularly in prayer then inshaAllah it will be fine.

Keep us updated, don't you go dissapearing please.

Eesa.

Woodrow
11-24-2006, 02:45 PM

I am unable to sit in that manner. Actually I have a number of problems that prevent me from prayer in the manners in which we should. I have to sit in a chair and go through the motions in my mind only. I do have a folding chair at the Mosque and I do envy those who can pray properly.

Skillganon
11-24-2006, 02:46 PM
Well, yes and no. It guess it get's easier with time. It is hard to learn online.
I think the Key is not to really sit on your left foot, like focusing you weight on it, but to make it appear so. Like tug your left foot slightly behind ones bottom so it appears so.

amirah_87
11-24-2006, 02:49 PM

As Salaamu Alaykum Angelzz,

Brothers and sisters in Islam pray (or meant to...) the exact same way..

The Prophet salallaahu 'alayhi wasallam said:

" Salluuw Kamaa' Ra'aytumuunee 'Usallee... Pray as You have seen me praying.."

..and that's addressed to both genders. ;)
Allah knows best.

..the sitting positions are hard, they just take alot of gettin' used to!! :)

Angelzz
11-24-2006, 02:49 PM
Oh ok, phew *wipes sweat off forehead*

Its good to know i wasnt the only one who couldnt do it - it almost seems u have to be double jointed . But ill keep practising.

Angelzz
11-24-2006, 02:51 PM
Sister?
Dont the women (in the sitting position) sit on their side?
Im confused now

S_87
11-24-2006, 03:31 PM
Sister?
Dont the women (in the sitting position) sit on their side?
Im confused now

aa amirah said we all pray the sameish way

heres a good video that shows how you can sit

http://www.load-islam.com/display_lecture.php?id=389

saying that some women do sit on the side with their feet sticking out then facing qiblah.

Angelzz
11-24-2006, 03:34 PM
Thanks sis ill check it now - should clarify things.

Ferrari1981
11-24-2006, 03:35 PM
Salaam

Just wanted to say mashallah we have a revert her and only 4 days old...

Well sinc eyour new to Islam if you require any help what so ever please don't hesitate to ask, I've helped some reverts in the past and at the moment I teaching some children online via my teachings from Shaykh Abu Yusuf Riyadh ul Haq and Islam Channel maybe a good source for you too...

I'm sure everyone here has helped you mashallah and continue to do so.

May I ask what religion you were before reverting? sometimes it helps to make you comfortable if you know anything about people of the book...

Anyway you take care; I hope to hear from you soon, Inshallah.

Ma'asalaama

Farooq Al-Amin

I pray Allah (swt) blesses us with happiness, protects and guides us, and grants us a place in Jannah. Ameen

Angelzz
11-24-2006, 03:44 PM
Thank you brother for your kind words. I was a Catholic and a bit of Eastern Christianity thrown in the mix before my reversion.

Can i ask where do u get access to the Islamic Channel? Online ?

Rabi'ya
11-24-2006, 03:49 PM

as far as i know its a difference in madhab as to how u sit in prayer.

As far as ive always known, and i was taught this by the islamic teacher i go to in the mosque. women kneel with btoh feet to their right hand side.

sis angelzz, i sent u that link....which shows how women sit during prayer.

i wouldnt concern urself too much with little things like this. i would worry more with learning the basic arabic necessary to perform ur salaah, and then worry about the differences in madhabs regarding salaah.

Ferrari1981
11-24-2006, 04:26 PM
Thank you brother for your kind words. I was a Catholic and a bit of Eastern Christianity thrown in the mix before my reversion. Can i ask where do u get access to the Islamic Channel? Online ?
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
:sl: as far as i know its a difference in madhab as to how u sit in prayer. As far as ive always known, and i was taught this by the islamic teacher i go to in the mosque. women kneel with btoh feet to their right hand side. sis angelzz, i sent u that link....which shows how women sit during prayer. i wouldnt concern urself too much with little things like this. i would worry more with learning the basic arabic necessary to perform ur salaah, and then worry about the differences in madhabs regarding salaah.
:w: Rabi'ya:rose:
Thanks and your welcome...

Islam Channel
Sky Platform in UK - Channel 813

True I agree with Rabi'ya… the best way to go forward being as you are a revert is to learn the basics of the Islamic principles first…

I recommend:

Fisabillah Books

Try reading them online (click on the link below the book cover):

An invitation to Peace

Introduction to Islam

Salah

Let us know exactly what you wnat to learn first step by step and we will provide you with easy ways to learn...

Try reading some of my articles maybe you may feel inspired more by these:

Parable

Hijab - argument from an interesting source

Upbringing of children...into Islam

What do our Friends reveal about us?

Abandoning something for the sake and Pleasure of Allah

The rest of my articles and threads are located here:
Threads Started By: Ferrari1981

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also my favourite beautiful poem:

Source: A medical student from Oxford University...(its where I got it from)!

The Veil

The pea is a splendid plant. It proudly displays its strong green
Hijab. It protects it from the hot and cold weather and guards it from insects. Allah has blessed the pea with a special Hijab, because without it, the seeds would scatter, dry up and die.

The orange keeps itself within its shiny orange Hijab to protect its delicious fruit. Otherwise it-looses its taste too.

So are the banana, the coconut and the pomegranate. Each one has an elegant and unique Hijab, which protects it from disease and destruction.

The jewel of the sea, the pearl, has been given a very tough and rugged Hijab - oyster shell. It protects it from sea animals and keeps it sparkling and shining inside.

However, the most beloved of Allah in all His creation is the Muslim girl who wears the Hijab. She knows it is a gift from Allah. It protects her from harm, injury and mischief. She wears it knowing it gives her dignity, beauty and respect. So precious she can be that she hides herself beneath her Hijab.

"Allah does not look at your body and face; rather he looks at your heart"[at-tirmidhi]

"Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty......And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what ordinarily appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms...." (Qur'an 24:30-31)

The world is prison for the believer and paradise for the disbeliever"[Muslim]

"O Prophet, tell your wives and daughters and the believing women that they should cast their outer garments over their bodies(when abroad) so that they should be known and not molested" (Qur'an 33:59).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May I ask which country are you from maybe we can issue some events you could tag along to which are quite awesome depending on the the scholars?

- Qatada -
11-24-2006, 07:13 PM

Masha'Allaah, thats kool.

Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) said

"Three persons will have a double reward:

1. A Person from the people of the scriptures who believed in his prophet (Jesus or Moses) and then believed in the Prophet Muhammad (i .e. has embraced Islam).

2. A slave who discharges his duties to Allah and his master.

3. A master of a woman-slave who teaches her good manners and educates her in the best possible way (the religion) and manumits her and then marries her."

Translation of Sahih Bukhari [Authentic Collection]
Volume 1, Book 3, Number 97. Narrated Abu Burda's father.

جوري
11-26-2006, 02:48 AM
sister... haven't read everyone's response but I believe Islam will do the exact opposite of what you fear for you Insh'Allah. I knew a polish sister who was afraid to be Muslim for your exact reasons, although she had a Muslim friend and that is how she became interested... once she took the first step entirely on her own, it opened all the doors in the world for her... she left her part time job as a dental hygeinst asst. worked in a pharmacy that catered to the Muslim community, made Muslim friends, met her husband there as well when he came in to fill his antibiotic prescript. lol-- he found out she is muslim, he married her shortly after, sponsored her education after her family abandoned her. she Thank G-D two years ago finished nursing school... she has two baby girls.... one small window closed, and huge gates opened for her, mashallah, may G-D make her more happy, but she is completely changed from when I first met her. Before she was mousy and irritable, afraid of her own shadow. Now she is so self assured, responsible, autonomous a part of something truly dynamic...Her older little girl now speaks Arabic, Polish and English, I have no idea how?... wonders never cease! Don't be afraid... G-D doesn't let down those who seek him.
fi aman illah

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-26-2006, 02:51 AM
Aww nice. MashAllah for your friend, Alhumdulillah.

Younus
11-26-2006, 10:18 AM
Have you accepted Islam Angelzz ? Your profile shows that you are now a Muslim.

Angelzz
11-26-2006, 10:28 AM
Thank you brothers and sisters for all that helpful information - im still going through them. I just wanted to say apart from how happy i am - how determined and confident i have become since shahada - the transformation in me has been remarkable other ppl notice them too. Also i noticed within myself that all my previous yearnings or thoughts about sinful activities have totally disappeared - this is so amazing as i thought i would have a hard time controlling this but Subhaan Allah it has never crossed my mind at all. I havent been tempted to do anything sinful. InshaAllah i can continue like this.

Last night i went with the sister here to a Muslim Youth Dinner function that was presenting issues that face the youth of today such as discrimination and police harrassment, media portrayals of the muslim youth etc and it was such a beautiful night, learnt alot about the issues and solutions Insha Allah the police and politicians who where there took notice and start working on rectifying the problems - i also got to meet a few more sisters and their families.MashaAllah nothing is more beautiful than a practising muslim couple - it speaks louder than any words. I cannot reiniterate that enough - its the most beautiful thing ever and the whole night just strengthened my imaan even more.

Angelzz
11-26-2006, 10:29 AM
Salaams Younis - yes i did the same night Subhan Allah - hence the name of the thread ;o)

lolwatever
11-26-2006, 10:31 AM
salamz sis
late reply but congrats mashalah :D gr8 news :D

all the best inshalah!!!

take care salams :)

Younus
11-26-2006, 10:32 AM
mashaaAllah ! subhanallah ! alhamdulillah !

praise is to Allah that He brought you to the right way ! :)

Angelzz
11-26-2006, 10:35 AM
Subhan Allah - I know Younis im so grateful - this whole thread is so amazing i wanna keep it forever as a reminder - (wish i knew how too Lol)

But when i think of my journey im so amazed as to how Allah works and blesses ppl in this Dunya. Truelly amazing.

Younus
11-26-2006, 10:40 AM
whom Allah wills to guide to the straight path, then none can lead him astray ! :)

praise is to Allah that He brought you to the straight path ! :)

Younus
11-26-2006, 10:49 AM

Have you started to recite the Qur'an ? If not, then start the recitation of the Qur'an inshaaAllah. Do you know to read Arabic ? There are many teachers in this world alhamdulillah who teach to recite the Qur'an. :)

ruhi
11-26-2006, 10:56 AM
bro isaAbdullah & sis angelzz........may Allah reward u both abundantly for embracing Islam. may He guides u to the straight path....... & bless u & all the borthers & sisters in Islam.:)

do not lose hope!

Angelzz
11-26-2006, 11:09 AM
Thank you sis Ruhi - and brother/sister Younis no i dont know Arabic unfortunately but i am going to sign up to classes run at mosque soon InshaAllah

Younus
11-26-2006, 11:20 AM
brother/sister Younis

;D I am brother Younus :)

YusufNoor
11-26-2006, 03:19 PM
Subhan Allah - I know Younis im so grateful - this whole thread is so amazing i wanna keep it forever as a reminder - (wish i knew how too Lol)
But when i think of my journey im so amazed as to how Allah works and blesses ppl in this Dunya. Truelly amazing.

Asalaamu Alaykum Sis,

just highlight, copy and save in your word program! (have a new blank document ready to go berfore you copy)

:D

Wasalaam

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-26-2006, 04:38 PM

Sister, on the top, right above the first poster on the page, you will see an option called, "Thread Tools". Click on that, and a drop-down menu should open. Click on the first option which is, "Show Printable Version". You will see the thread differently, without the images. Then you can go ahead and print out this whole thread. :)

Angelzz
11-28-2006, 03:40 PM
Thanks Brothers - i will do that

Younus
11-28-2006, 04:43 PM
Thanks Brothers - i will do that
inshaaAllah :)

Umar001
11-28-2006, 04:55 PM
Boooya
Thanks sis Ruhi and ameen to your duas.
Booya

Yo sis angelzzz, you thinking of a muslim name at all?

Asiyah is pretty nice One of the best women ever.

Pk_#2
11-28-2006, 05:48 PM
what's wrong with the one you have sis,

it sounds arabic :os

i could be wrong!

Umar001
11-28-2006, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
what's wrong with the one you have sis,

it sounds arabic :os

i could be wrong!
what? Angelzzz?

Further more it aitn about sound, its nice to have a meaning full name, i,e, mine is Eesa Abdullah because thats one of the most important things I have found out in life that Eesa is Abdullah.

Pk_#2
11-28-2006, 05:55 PM
awww

nah angelzz aint her name stoopid!

Angelzz
11-29-2006, 01:41 AM
LOL you guys - well thinking of using my middle name which is Maryam and my maiden name which in Arabic is Musa.

Umar001
11-29-2006, 01:50 AM
LOL you guys - well thinking of using my middle name which is Maryam and my maiden name which in Arabic is Musa.
Booya, Maryam sounds beautiful, I was thinking of naming my kid that, Maryam Ibn Eesa would sound abit wierd though lol :p

Yea for real Maryam Musa Al Amerikee lol

BlissfullyJaded
11-29-2006, 01:54 AM

Al Amreekiya? She's Aussi! I have no idea how to say Australia in Arabic though.

I don't think I ever posted in this thread. But you already know how happy I am for you sis. *hugs*

Umar001
11-29-2006, 01:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Labibah

Al Amreekiya? She's Aussi! I have no idea how to say Australia in Arabic though.

I don't think I ever posted in this thread. But you already know how happy I am for you sis. *hugs*
Oh, so its Al - Aboriginee?? or Al Australihi.

This name thing is fun :happy:

Angelzz
11-29-2006, 01:58 AM
Of course i do sis Lab - xoxo

And guess what i taught myself yesterday - i memorized the Al Fatiha ;o)
It didnt take long at all - but of course i cant read arabic yet InshaAllah i will soon and also i kept repeating Al Fatiha so i dont forget it

Angelzz
11-29-2006, 02:00 AM
LOL @ brother Isa - Al Aboriginee !!!!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-29-2006, 02:01 AM
Aww thats good MashAllah. Keep it up sis! <3

BlissfullyJaded
11-29-2006, 02:02 AM

Thats wonderful, mashaAllah! Keep it up sis. :wub:

Brother IsaAbdullah, I have no clue! Sounds good though, especially the Al Aboriginee. lol.

Umar001
11-29-2006, 02:02 AM
Of course i do sis Lab - xoxo

And guess what i taught myself yesterday - i memorized the Al Fatiha ;o)
It didnt take long at all - but of course i cant read arabic yet InshaAllah i will soon and also i kept repeating Al Fatiha so i dont forget it
Lol for real, its easy for some people to thin your crazy though cos I remember I used to learn al fatiha everywhere and Iwould do it on the bus or at the bus stop am sure people though something was up lol.

Am glad you learning it though, how you finding it?

Angelzz
11-29-2006, 02:09 AM
Its all been really good brother - but because i cant go back to my job - i do get quite bored and cause im trying to clean out friends who are no longer "healthy" for me i do get lonely too - but other than that i spend nearly every moment since i wake up till when i sleep late in the morning - reading threads online, listening to lectures online, learning new words in arabic (tho im forgetting how to pronounce those) and yesterday learnt the surah.

I also found a class yesterday that starts next year for one day a week teaching Arabic Calligraphy so i have registered for that - but yeah otherwise im happy and healthy Subhan Allah.

I had a discussion a little one with mum yesterday tho i didnt tell her i reverted just talked about Islam and that - didnt go too well so i just dropped the subject ---- its going to be really difficult.

Umar001
11-29-2006, 02:24 AM
Its all been really good brother - but because i cant go back to my job - i do get quite bored and cause im trying to clean out friends who are no longer "healthy" for me i do get lonely too - but other than that i spend nearly every moment since i wake up till when i sleep late in the morning - reading threads online, listening to lectures online, learning new words in arabic (tho im forgetting how to pronounce those) and yesterday learnt the surah.

I also found a class yesterday that starts next year for one day a week teaching Arabic Calligraphy so i have registered for that - but yeah otherwise im happy and healthy Subhan Allah.

I had a discussion a little one with mum yesterday tho i didnt tell her i reverted just talked about Islam and that - didnt go too well so i just dropped the subject ---- its going to be really difficult.
Hey it took me like nearly a year before I told my mom about Islam.

Also, personal advice from me, though your prolly in a better position than I was, make sure you spend time reading the Biography of the PRophet, peace be upon him, because for me it was after gaining knowledge about him that I learned to love him, if that makes sense. Because that was one thing I used to find very hard.

Also, take your time with things but be structured sister, sometimes for some of us it can be that we want to learn everything all at once and do this and that and so on, but that way we hardly accomplish anything, rather, if we take small steps but consistent ones then that is more beneficial. Specially when we learn Qu'ran, trust me thers nothing more sometimes that you wanna do other than to just wake up and recite Qu'ran, but you cant and its so fastruating nad you want to learn a whole surah but you do a couple of ayat and your steam runs out, so try to becareful.

Eesa

Angelzz
11-29-2006, 02:29 AM
I will brother - i just wish there was some sort of social association for reverts needs - it would be so handy and helpful and not so alienating at times (especially considering how much i had going on in my past).

H@fiz Aziz
11-29-2006, 02:30 AM
i gotta take arabic classes....for alim corse....and learn to write urdu....

Umar001
11-29-2006, 02:31 AM
I will brother - i just wish there was some sort of social association for reverts needs - it would be so handy and helpful and not so alienating at times (especially considering how much i had going on in my past).
I know totally what you mean, inshaAllah maybe in the future, it can be hard, leaving what your used to behind and having to kinda move away from the comforts and in some cases 'safety nets' of before. But inshaAllah don't worry sis, it could have been worse :)

Angelzz
11-29-2006, 02:33 AM
True Brother Subhan Allah

Umar001
11-29-2006, 02:37 AM
True Brother Subhan Allah
Lol see you sound like you been Muslim for years lol

I was thinking to myself the other night, funny huh, how you started the thread talking about how does a revert look for a spouse then Kablam the thread turns into a Maryam Accepted Islam!! congraculation place.

:shade:

Angelzz
11-29-2006, 02:40 AM
Yeah i know brother - thinking back i was ready just hesitating - not knowing how good ill feel about it - but also i never had anyone ask me straight up like that if i believed in only one God and so on.

And when i thought about it - i did - was a revelation for me i guess

Umar001
11-29-2006, 02:44 AM
Yeah i know brother - thinking back i was ready just hesitating - not knowing how good ill feel about it - but also i never had anyone ask me straight up like that if i believed in only one God and so on.

And when i thought about it - i did - was a revelation for me i guess
Yea for real, I mean sometimes we need someone to just be firm and cut the 'time wasting' it tends to help alot of people to have that type of person around.

have you posted your reversion story yet? Man Am waiting for it! lol

Also, can you remember what first interested you in Islam?

Angelzz
11-29-2006, 02:50 AM
no i havent posted that yet - i forgot but ill do today for sure InshaAllah.

Interest turned to islam after i researched christianity and Judaism - i didnt get the answers or the satisfaction i found when i started reading about islam - and so i never stopped reading about islam - thats such a brief overview but ill let you know when ive posted my story up.

Umar001
11-29-2006, 02:52 AM
no i havent posted that yet - i forgot but ill do today for sure InshaAllah.

Interest turned to islam after i researched christianity and Judaism - i didnt get the answers or the satisfaction i found when i started reading about islam - and so i never stopped reading about islam - thats such a brief overview but ill let you know when ive posted my story up.
Okey dokes, can I jus ask you, lol sorry for being a pain, but, was there one thing which has been in your mind all the way through? Like a verse or something that really stuck out a hadeeth or something?

Angelzz
11-29-2006, 03:00 AM
no not one thing in particular - but i was getting signs from Allah Subhan Allah that i was on the right path - and the change in my person was also witness that what i was reading and hearing was the true path.

But in saying that things that appealed to me were the fact that babies are born sin free (dont inherit sins of parents), being able to pray direct to Allah, the health benefits of the pray itself - and also i admired the miracles written about in the Qu'ran i couldnt get enough of reading about them - it really gave me a new perspective than what i was used too. there were so many things brother soooo many things

Umar001
11-29-2006, 03:02 AM
no not one thing in particular - but i was getting signs from Allah Subhan Allah that i was on the right path - and the change in my person was also witness that what i was reading and hearing was the true path.

But in saying that things that appealed to me were the fact that babies are born sin free (dont inherit sins of parents), being able to pray direct to Allah, the health benefits of the pray itself - and also i admired the miracles written about in the Qu'ran i couldnt get enough of reading about them - it really gave me a new perspective than what i was used too. there were so many things brother soooo many things
I know, it can be hard to state them or number them.

I remember when someone asked me, what made you revert, I was trying to sum it up but I couldnt, there was so many things in my head at once that I couldnt even give a straight answer ;D oh that maybe another thing you wanna do, write down the answer to that question in case the family ask you so you wont be on the spot :p

Angelzz
11-29-2006, 03:08 AM
Thats a good idea bro - though i dont think they want a bar of it - i think they are more worried about the shame i will bring upon them and they wouldnt be able to go out in public cause ppl will point them out and talk about them being parents to a muslim girl -- mum says the shame of it will kill her.

Umar001
11-29-2006, 03:12 AM
Thats a good idea bro - though i dont think they want a bar of it - i think they are more worried about the shame i will bring upon them and they wouldnt be able to go out in public cause ppl will point them out and talk about them being parents to a muslim girl -- mum says the shame of it will kill her.
Lol your family is begging to sound like they are twins with mine!! lol I know what you mean, my mom wont tell noone, the church congregation would end up talking about it non-stop.

I know your mum might not want to hear it, but trust me when you tell her, she might ask you, 'but why' also in giving da'wah, if you mention 'I jus became Muslim such and such time ago' people will be like 'wow, what made u revert' and then u can give you little prepared talk. Its a real effective da'wah thing.

By the way your family christian?

Angelzz
11-29-2006, 03:21 AM
yep they are - Church of the east (eastern christianity) but very similar to Catholic - though i was raised to believe i was catholic - went to catholic school etc. later on i found out they are similar but differ on a few points tho the church of the east also is inline with the nicea creed. so same thing.

but i think im gonna have to keep being a revert to myself for now anyways

Umar001
11-29-2006, 03:25 AM
yep they are - Church of the east (eastern christianity) but very similar to Catholic - though i was raised to believe i was catholic - went to catholic school etc. later on i found out they are similar but differ on a few points tho the church of the east also is inline with the nicea creed. so same thing.

but i think im gonna have to keep being a revert to myself for now anyways
For real I know that feeling, is that easter church like the orthodox? plus did yall postrate on the ground?

YusufNoor
11-29-2006, 03:25 AM
[QUOTE=Angelzz;579064]Thats a good idea bro - though i dont think they want a bar of it - i think they are more worried about the shame i will bring upon them and they wouldnt be able to go out in public cause ppl will point them out and talk about them being parents to a muslim girl -- mum says the shame of it will kill her.[/QUOTE]

Asalaamu Alaykum,

that's pretty rough Sis. hopefully you've misjudged the situation. my mom's a Catholic, but i've been "different" all my life; she didn't bat an eye.

Make plenty of du'as for them, and ask us to also! ask Allah (SWT) for guidance in this, as with all things.

maybe you could arrange some visits with them that wouldn't involve going out in public.

a parent's love usually trumps what people think of them. it just might take a little bit of time. just remind them that you love them and won't "cut them off" as the Islam forbids it. oh and you might want to them them that you're not moving to Saudi Arabia next year...

just remember a "what if scenario" will most likely get you one answer, while the reality of a situation will get you a different one.

May Allah (SWT) make it easy for you and may He make you the "coolness" of your parent's eye, and may He fill your parent's with abundant love and understanding for you.

Umar001
11-29-2006, 03:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor

Asalaamu Alaykum,

that's pretty rough Sis. hopefully you've misjudged the situation. my mom's a Catholic, but i've been "different" all my life; she didn't bat an eye.

Make plenty of du'as for them, and ask us to also! ask Allah (SWT) for guidance in this, as with all things.

maybe you could arrange some visits with them that wouldn't involve going out in public.

a parent's love usually trumps what people think of them. it just might take a little bit of time. just remind them that you love them and won't "cut them off" as the Islam forbids it. oh and you might want to them them that you're not moving to Saudi Arabia next year...

just remember a "what if scenario" will most likely get you one answer, while the reality of a situation will get you a different one.

May Allah (SWT) make it easy for you and may He make you the "coolness" of your parent's eye, and may He fill your parent's with abundant love and understanding for you.

Ameeeeeeeen!!

For real, trust me sometimes it's not as bad as it might seem.

Plus always think of the worse, thats what I do, I mean I didnt get kicked out of home or nothing, although sometimes I wish that did happen, but still, Alhamdulilah.

At least you got Islaam. And Eeman Soon inshaAllah if not already then maybe Ihsaan.

That would be a combo!

Angelzz
11-29-2006, 03:33 AM
Brother Isa - yup it was orthodox originally and still has orthodox practises (no postrating alot of standing tho) but now in recent years has become catholic??? beats me really????

Brother Yusuf thank you for kind words and i know mum is only trying to scare me so i dont revert (she doesnt know i have) but yeah she is only going off the media slant on it and stuff - tho she can be stubborn at times - but ill keep trying - slowly slowly things should work out InshaAllah

LOL about going to Saudi Arabia tho bro - she probably thinks im gonna be brainwashed into being a terrorist or something - SubhanAllah he will hopefully make them understand InshaAllah

lolwatever
11-29-2006, 11:07 AM
^ameen!

tc
ws wr wb

IbnAbdulHakim
11-29-2006, 11:29 AM

Ameen ! May Allah guide the families of our reverted brothers and sisters in Islam. Ameen !!

Umar001
11-29-2006, 11:31 AM
Ameeeeeeen!

matobosha
11-29-2006, 12:31 PM
Hi Angelz

I think Isa has really tried to explain to you the best way to go about it .
I once read a story of a muslim convert who was an Irish catholic lady who went to work in a hospital In Saudi and ther he met an Ehyptian work colleugue who introduce islam to her.
She went through what you are going thro now and it took a lot of time for her to accept to put on a hijab an all that.. the beauty of Islam is that there is an inner peace of the heart once you are in .....nothing else matters you will be ready to sacrifice anything for the sake of Allah and you will be happy about it.
I wish you all the best in your endeavour.

Angelzz
11-29-2006, 12:34 PM
Guys - gotta ask something - did u any of you feel like you had nothing in common with ur old friends after reverting or practiising - even with ur nonpractising muslim friends?? i went out for a bit tonight with one (first time i went out in a week) and it was weird cause i used to love their company and i still value and respect their opinions but choice of topics to talk about didnt interest me and i think talking about my experiences and islam wasnt to interesting to them though they didnt say anything - i dunno maybe my mind playing games - but it does seem my non practising muslim friends are finding me boring or pulling away?

lyesh
11-29-2006, 12:39 PM
sis, i felt the same. I mean here in Maldives everyone calls themselves muslims.... but i had no practicing friends as I started. I felt the same when i go out with them. I mean they'd just mock at me and stuff like tht.... tlk abt useless stuff.....they do feel bored if i talk abt Islam. They'd say..."ooooh laish! stop the lescture" imsad! Anyway.... I dont go out often with them.... and Insha Allah I'll never change to their lifestyle again! :)

IbnAbdulHakim
11-29-2006, 12:46 PM

yes Angelzz i did feel exactly like that, infact we've kind of broken off now but thats ok because Alhamdulillaah Allahs replaced me with practising friends who i wud neva want to replace !!! trust me you'll love what Allaah swt gives you :D

Angelzz
11-29-2006, 12:48 PM
thanks sis - i know its exactly how i'm feeling- i mean i dont feel bad about my new life at all in fact i love it i feel more at peace and relaxed - its just sad that they feel this was - but i know they will never say this to me nor will they stop talking to me (they were beautiful enough Subhan Allah to stop wanting to go to places that were Haraam with me ) but the change is obvious and sometimes hurtful - cause they were my original link to islam and to see how they dont follow and stuff its hurtful - imagine how hurt Allah feels with humanity who dont follow islam?????? But i tell you what if my friends starting practising tomorrow i would be so ecstatic and happy over the moon - imagine how happy Allah becomes when one of humanity embraces him and islam???

Puts things in perspective doesnt it?

Angelzz
11-29-2006, 12:50 PM
i know brother subhan Allah - his wisdom and love for us is amazing - i just got to keep my iman strong and let him mould my life - Allah knows best

lyesh
11-29-2006, 12:54 PM
Insha Allah everythings gonna work alright sis! make plenty of dua! It makes the imposible to possible! :okay:

- Qatada -
11-29-2006, 01:30 PM

You might find these links too insha'Allaah:

Angelzz
11-29-2006, 01:39 PM
thanks sis

Angelzz
11-29-2006, 01:39 PM
oops sorry i meant brother - forgive me

Umar001
11-29-2006, 01:46 PM
Oh, if you can get your hands on Kittab at tauheed also, its a very simple book, but quite beneficial, if you want I can get you the link for an online version I think, but its always good to have the book at home off the pc.

Angelzz
11-29-2006, 01:57 PM
ok brother ill look into getting that but send me the link ill check it out now

Umar001
11-29-2006, 02:06 PM
ok brother ill look into getting that but send me the link ill check it out now

Kitab At-Tauhid (The Oneness of Allah)

You can find the list of chapters on here:

Chapters

If you look at the downwards alittle you find that under the picture is the option to download it.

Angelzz
11-29-2006, 02:12 PM
Thanks Brother - thats a really good site - im downloading that book as well as He is Allah. probably download more

Umar001
11-29-2006, 02:32 PM
Thanks Brother - thats a really good site - im downloading that book as well as He is Allah. probably download more
Yea, I got a handful of books from there, lol it was prolly the equvilant to a female shoppin spree lol.

Something else I personally prefer:

An Introduction to the Science of Hadith
By Suhaib Hassan

Chapters

It is easy in this day and age to follow into the misguidance of rejecting hadeeth altogether. (as you have seen some do on this forum) Generally those who reject ahadeeth (plr of hadeeth) are not aware of the science of classification of Hadeeth. I personally have benefited majorly from this book and have found that alot of 'doubts' have been cleared up and I have devoleped a keen interest in this part of Islaam. May Allah make me excell in my studies. Ameen.

Umar001
11-29-2006, 02:39 PM
The Sealed Nectar
By Safi-ur-Rahman al-Mubarkpuri

Chapters

A book that is almost always reccomended by people when talking about books which touch on the Life of our Beloved Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him and all the others, in order to love him we should know him and what better way than to read his life. InshaAllah I'll one day get this book in my hands!

Thirty-Three Lessons For Every Muslim

The Book

I personally like this, I don't know the author, although it is very important to know who he is and what he is like, but I have liked this book and its kinda practical.

If I remember any more, which I will since I have alot of them from there I will inform you. Also becareful with books, if you dont know the author try and ask here inshaAllah, to see if it's a reliable source, if that makes sense.

Stories Of The Quran
By Ibn Kathir

Chapters

Stories Of The Prophets
By Ibn Kathir

Chapters

Especially for reverts, this book is important in discovering what some Islamic sources teach about certain Prophets, peace be upon them. I see many Muslims who might have been ex-Christians or Jews, still holding the same view of the Prophets, peace be upon them, that they had from their Biblical writing, although the Bible is considered not to be a reliable source by Muslims and others. So its good for us to refer back to Islamic sources and not keep in our misguidance of Old!

Angelzz
11-29-2006, 02:45 PM
Thanks bro so much - im overwhelmed i wanna read them all LOL
The book - The sealed Nectar - i seen that at my local library - might go borrow that one tomorrow.
MashaAllah everyone here has been so helpful - i wish i could meet you all one day in real life - that would be so awesome.

Umar001
11-29-2006, 02:49 PM
Thanks bro so much - im overwhelmed i wanna read them all LOL
The book - The sealed Nectar - i seen that at my local library - might go borrow that one tomorrow.
MashaAllah everyone here has been so helpful - i wish i could meet you all one day in real life - that would be so awesome.
For real, it would be so cool, and you must have a good library!! lol all they keep in my local library about islam is non Muslim authored books.

just take your time reading them, some books, like stories of the prophets, 33 ways..., are books that aren't as important as Kitab At Tauhid or other such books if that makes sense. So take your time, inshaAllah.

Angelzz
11-29-2006, 03:04 PM
I will bro - but i love reading - im like a sponge lol

But i would to get my hands on some documentaries, movies etc I saw recently online "The Message, story of Islam" with Anthony Quinn in it (circa1976) and it was so awesome - i want more like it - nowadays only movies about islam are 9/11 stuff ...... so sad.

Umar001
11-29-2006, 05:35 PM
I will bro - but i love reading - im like a sponge lol

But i would to get my hands on some documentaries, movies etc I saw recently online "The Message, story of Islam" with Anthony Quinn in it (circa1976) and it was so awesome - i want more like it - nowadays only movies about islam are 9/11 stuff ...... so sad.
Mashaallah I hope you absorve just like a good sponge not a cheap one that breaks apart after a couple of days lol.

Also am guessing you know about the sunnah prayers, i.e. the non obligatory ones, cos you get reward for those also, did you check my 'One Minute' thread? it has alot of simple stuff that we can do in one minute which get big rewards, specially since we as reverts might not have memorised alot of Qu'ran there are some phrases which you can say in arabic which are really good and get you good deeds inshaAllah, just little sentences, light on the lips heavy in the scales.

zaria
11-29-2006, 06:21 PM
Salaam,
Trust in Allah and everything will fall into place. Just make Du'a that you are able to overcome the nay-sayers and leave everything to Allah. Allah know best

Angelzz
11-30-2006, 02:11 AM
Thanks sis - i will make Du'a

Thanks Bro Isa - i have seen that thread i have printed it out too - i have started referring to it - very helpful indeed. And about the sponge - i have been absorbing for more than 6 months so i guess its a ok sponge LOL but Allah knows what will happen in the long term - SubhanAllah - my passion will continue InshaAllah

Skillganon
11-30-2006, 02:25 AM
Sis, take a break before you suffer from overload. Pace yourself. .

Angelzz
11-30-2006, 02:43 AM
I know brother i feel i am overloaded sometimes - but honestly brother - whatever else i do - doesnt bring me as much joy and peace of heart and mind than reading and learning about Allah and Islam - im sure ill settle down a bit eventually but for now it helps me stay on the right path and lessens the chances of me doing something wrong .

Im still having problems learning the sitting position in pray though - and its fustrating cause i cant pray - any tips?

Skillganon
11-30-2006, 02:49 AM
Well, if it hurts get into the "closest sitting position" to what is required that is less of a discomfort.

It will be hard for me to give better advice since I am not in your position entirely.

Angelzz
11-30-2006, 03:12 AM
OK brother - ill keep trying and see how i go InshaAllah ill learn it soon.

YusufNoor
11-30-2006, 04:21 AM
[QUOTE=Angelzz;580116]I know brother i feel i am overloaded sometimes - but honestly brother - whatever else i do - doesnt bring me as much joy and peace of heart and mind than reading and learning about Allah and Islam - im sure ill settle down a bit eventually but for now it helps me stay on the right path and lessens the chances of me doing something wrong .

Im still having problems learning the sitting position in pray though - and its fustrating cause i cant pray - any tips?[/QUOTE]

Asalaamu Alaykum Sister,

you mentioned library. do they have an information desk there? you should be able to the number for a local Masaajid, or an address.

go around prayer time, Asr or Maghrib. if you're shy, or don't have a hijab, just "stake the place out". find out what entrance the women use. when prayers over, find a friendly face on the way out and stop her and ask her for help.

DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT attempt to enter a masjid uncovered! totally well meaning and pious sisters have been known to have "knee-jerk reaction" to the sight of an uncovered woman entering. they go ballistic! :rant: they don't really mean it :embarrass and it's over before the realize what they do...(happens at our masjid, ALOT:muddlehea )

on weekends, younger sisters who are out of school tend to spend a little extra time there if they can. sisters want to earn reward, so they'll help if they can.

besides, you need to meet some "live" Muslims! :happy:

if you're not up to that, just find a Halaal food store, look for a sister! ;)

you need to feel comfy and at ease praying. (me, i can't face my right toes towards the qiblah when sitting, but like half the fbrothers don't either. so i ain't sweating it yet!)

Good luck! May Allah (SWT) make it easy for you, and may He reward you every step of the way.

syilla
11-30-2006, 04:24 AM

wow sis...it is great to read so much book about islam...

it is also great if you can find a teacher to teach you about islam....

choose a good teacher who is not in secretarian issues....

Angelzz
11-30-2006, 04:34 AM
Thanks brothers and sisters - actually i have the number of a sister running arabic beginners classes here - they can also organise how to pray classes - but ive been nervous or scared to call - but i think im just gonna bite the bullet and call her now.

YusufNoor
11-30-2006, 04:37 AM
Thanks brothers and sisters - actually i have the number of a sister running arabic beginners classes here - they can also organise how to pray classes - but ive been nervous or scared to call - but i think im just gonna bite the bullet and call her now.

be nervous or scared of "the fire"! everything else is easy compaired to that!

good luck!

Angelzz
11-30-2006, 05:16 AM
True brother - i called her and she will contact me when the classes are running again - she was so nice - she even gave me number to another sister who will show me how to pray properly - i dont know what i was so afraid of lol

------
11-30-2006, 08:51 AM

Islam is easy, you shouldn't overburden urself.

Allah does not place a burden upon any soul but to the extent of his strength.

[Qur'an 2:286]

Angelzz
11-30-2006, 04:39 PM
Salaams everyone, i finally got around to doing to very brief overview of my reversion to islam journey - if anyone wants to have a read its on my userpage.

zaria
11-30-2006, 04:43 PM

Alhamdillah:happy:

Welcome sister.May Allah guide you and give you wisdom.:love: Ameen

YusufNoor
11-30-2006, 04:51 PM
Salaams everyone, i finally got around to doing to very brief overview of my reversion to islam journey - if anyone wants to have a read its on my userpage.

just read it. Subhanalah, good stuff!

:thankyou:

zaria
11-30-2006, 05:01 PM
MashaAllah,

All of your sins are forgiving Sister. You may already know but you have to perform Ghusl. (Taking a complete bath). Also if you can, Its a book called A Hand Through The Door For My New Sister. by Yasmin bint Ismail. It is a very good book to read and to have to keep as reference. it is alot of Fitna (distraction) in this Dunya (World) so its good to have something at hand to help you get back on track:okay:

Skillganon
11-30-2006, 05:03 PM
Mashallah, Subhanalah. May Allah give us Hikmah.

Angelzz
12-22-2006, 12:36 PM
Salaams Everyone

Thought ill give you all an update since today is exactly one month since i reverted SubhanAllah.

I went to Jummah prayers today with another revert sister and it was so beautiful and comfortable felt like i was home - i really enjoyed it no actually i loved it - I came out on a high - really boosted my iman SubhanAllah.

I wish i could go again with the sister next week InshaAllah

lolwatever
12-22-2006, 12:37 PM
Salaams Everyone

Thought ill give you all an update since today is exactly one month since i reverted SubhanAllah.

I went to Jummah prayers today with another revert sister and it was so beautiful and comfortable felt like i was home - i really enjoyed it no actually i loved it - I came out on a high - really boosted my iman SubhanAllah.

I wish i could go again with the sister next week InshaAllah
Mashalah! Gr8 2hear :) All the best sis :D

Angelzz
12-22-2006, 12:40 PM
Thanks bro !!!

Oh and the sister took me to a local islamic bookstore --- and i think u all know where to find me now lol --- im going on a massive shopping spree there was so many goodies in there.

amirah_87
12-22-2006, 12:44 PM
As Salaamu ALaykum,

It's already been a month! :eek: SubhanAllah

MashaAllah, nice to hear everything's going well sis!! ;)

Take Care :rose:

Angelzz
12-22-2006, 12:47 PM
I know sis mashaAllah - time has flown by.
But SubhanAllah everything is going great.

zaria
12-22-2006, 12:50 PM
MashaAllah, Go to your Masjid and talk to the Imam. But remembr things take time. Allah (swt) loves those who have patience

YusufNoor
12-22-2006, 01:18 PM
Assalamu 'alaykum,

A`udhu Billahi mina Shaytanir Rajeem,

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Marsh Allah Sister Angelzz! Jumu’ah kutbahs can be very inspirational!

I’m a revert too and have found a lot of great materials. There are some great online stores with some AMAZING things. Here’s a few:

http://www.simplyislam.com/iteminfo.asp?item=56818

Reasons of Revelation by Mufti Ismail Menk is one of THE best items in my collection. It’s a tafseer on the Qur’an, which the Mufti delivered after Taraweeh prayers in 2005. He discusses the issues that gave us certain ayahs in the Qur’an. I did not know that some of the Qur’an was brought into being when the Ummah had problems. The believers would go to the Messenger of Allah(pbuh) with a question or problem and then they would await Jibreel(as) to bring revelation to the Prophet(pbuh)! Some of these situations are gone into in detail, 14 discs worth. At times tears will be streaming down your face when you listen, either in sadness or in joy! EVERYONE who has got to hear it has asked where they could get a copy (in fact, I have 2 more copies on the way)

http://islamicbookstore-com.stores.yahoo.net/b8966.html

Tajweed ul-Quran: Arabic and English Regular Full Size with Roman Transliteration, simply look at the details. It’s color coded for Tajweed and has both translation and transliteration(how to pronounce Arabic) I gave my 1st away to a Somalian brother that fell in love it, and have 2 more copies coming. It’s out of stock in all but 1 or 2 stores. I do have a link(somewhere) from the store I just found it at.

http://islamicbookstore-com.stores.yahoo.net/b8257.html

same store, The Message of the Qur’an : New 2004 Authorized Edition (Muhammad Asad) English and Arabic this is my Favorite translation so far, Asad really gets into the meaning of ayahs and explains sentence structure and Arab ways of “turning a phrase. Also, it’s simply beautiful! Lots of calligraphy and even has transliteration. (look at the details)

http://onlineislamicstore.com/a4548.html

Ahlul Qur'an Gear (9 audio CD boxed set) Interactive Qur'an Memorization Tutorial (Haroon Baqai) I don’t have a teacher, well technically I do but in reality I don’t. I’m getting this to help learn some more Surahs for prayer.

http://www.al-basheer.com/cgi-bin/ca...137&type=store

this is a program with dvd to help learn Arabic. At times you need to get away from the pc! They also have Al Qari Plus which a lot of folks recommend. That is also where I got my new Tajweed ul-Quran: Arabic and English Regular Full Size with Roman Transliteration.

At any rate, have fun shopping! Hallal shopping! ;D

May Allah(SWT) guide you and reward you!

Yusuf

Angelzz
12-22-2006, 01:23 PM
Many thanks brother --- i will InshaAllah be checking them out thank you.

Pk_#2
12-22-2006, 01:42 PM
aww a month sis :wub:

blesh!! heh...All the best :)

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

hidden_treasure
12-23-2006, 11:24 AM
assalamu alaikum,
Once u get to meet muslim sisters, the word gets out. I met my first husband (now deceased) thru a friend. I knew him for two weeks and married him! However i asked Allah for a good man, and made my intention sincere..once Allah has decreed something for you, it happens no matter what. Alhamdulillah

matobosha
12-24-2006, 12:04 PM
mashallah Sis Angelzz you are making good progress May Allah open the right doors for you in your new life.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.