/* */

PDA

View Full Version : why do u listen to nasheeds or quranic recitation?

Helena
11-21-2006, 07:26 PM
:w:

just a general question, why do u all listen to nasheeds or quranic recitation? wots the reason/purpose?

for example it cud be to......to soothe your mind, relax, enjoy the essence of the nasheeds, get away from problems, get rid of tension or stress....or perhaps it cud be to understand more about islam, to remind you about something, to bring you closer to islam....

so wot is it?....share your thoughts/views inshalah...with reasons inshAllah....WHY?.....

also possibly you listen nasheed/recitation at a certain time of the day...for example while in the kitchen or cleaning...put a particular nasheed, cud be sami yusuf,nazeel azami, to keep you going......or it cud be listening to quranic recitation before going to sleep....

All are welcome.....

:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mawaddah
11-21-2006, 07:30 PM
I listen to Quranic recitations to relax my mind......to follow along with the recitor and do revision at the same time.

And I listen to Nasheeds only if I like the lyrics....Not all the time though.

Kittygyal
11-21-2006, 07:30 PM
Assalmualikum warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

first of all just wana make it clear i don't listen to nashids as much as Qura'an, Qura'an is my life without that there's nothing!

i ONLY listen to nashids if someone has posted them for relevant purpose other than that i stick to Qura'an, the purpose of listning to Qura'an for me is it brings love to me as a revert i get a touch of how islam is such a beautiful religion for me && why i picked a ceratin religion, how Allah subhanwatallah wrote such a meanigful great book which many of us don't take alot attention to, i mean what is there better than Qura'an! NOTHING!

a book words, full of meaning, touch of feeling, getting closser to our creator, what more do we need! QURA'AN IS MY LIFE! SUBHNALLAH!

do me a favour remember me in your Du3'ah, shukran

walikumassalm warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

Helena
11-21-2006, 07:36 PM
jazakillahu kairan for ur response sisters....

do u listen to the quranic recitation or the nasheed at the certain time of the day?

agree with you sis kittygal..quran is our life.....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
11-21-2006, 07:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HAJI_HELENA
jazakillahu kairan for ur response sisters....

do u listen to the quranic recitation or the nasheed at the certain time of the day?

agree with you sis kittygal..quran is our life.....

are you asking me that:?

anywho i will answer, i don't listen to nashids at a certain time of day i only listen to nashids like for example if someone has posted one on this site i just check it out by playing it if it has music straight away i just say it's got music i don't listen to no music anymore alhamdulillah.

Helena
11-21-2006, 07:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal

are you asking me that:?

anywho i will answer, i don't listen to nashids at a certain time of day i only listen to nashids like for example if someone has posted one on this site i just check it out by playing it if it has music straight away i just say it's got music i don't listen to no music anymore alhamdulillah.

sis...i was asking anybody...jazaks again for participating....

i need more views inshalah.....

Kittygyal
11-21-2006, 07:52 PM
sis...i was asking anybody...jazaks again for participating....

i need more views inshalah.....

okay, && now you got me point i listen to Qura'an 24/7 :shade:

M2A^AKIB^
11-21-2006, 08:15 PM
cuz, i like singing at the same time when nasheed is playing. :)

YusufNoor
11-22-2006, 04:07 AM

i work in a car, so i used to listen to the Qur'an in Arabic/English in there, cuz i would read it at home or the Masaajid.

but i'm an American, and Muslims used to not return my salaams. so, i would then wait until we started (oh, i drive folks to and from doctor visits) to drive and then hit "play". heh heh! it would take a few minutes to get over them freaking out that i was a Muslim, and then THEY would just enjoy listening to it. especially Somails, as they seem to know the Arabic only, and NOT the translation.

it was me who freaked out when i first hear Sami Yusuf! i used to play it alot, but Muslimahs started singing like crazy when they heard it and i wasn't sure if that was OK. so i would make copies for those who like it, but i'm not sure if THAT is OK??? (btw, that was how i learned to say "Salalahoo Alaihe Wa Saalam")

i have a bunch of Tafseer cds now by Mufti Ismael Menk. i listen to them all day in the car and sometimes as i'm going to bed. Brother & Sisters REALLY like those. it's almost as much fun to hear all the Alhumdulillahs, Masha' Allahs and Allahu Akbars coming from the back of the car as it is to listen to the cds!in one of his lectures, he goes into the health benefits of listening to the Qur'an and recommends that EVERYONE find a Shayk who's voice and style they prefer and listen to it as much as possible. He says that we don't even know all the cures that are in there, so cover to cover as many times as you can!!

now that i LOOK like a Muslim though, i try to guess what each Muslim might like and play that for them. one Sister with cancer LOVES to listen to the Qur'an. older Muslim gents seem to dig the nasheeds (it's cool when they start singing them to or for their wives!!! especially if i've driven them before but not the wife, ha ha! the wife looks real puzzled cuz they KNOW the words!!

so now i play them to soothe folks as they are heading to the hospital. they get to smile all the way! although, i picked a younger sister who just had a baby. i had brought her once was she was pregnant. but when she said "let's bounce!" i gave her a stern look and told her that she needs to grow up now that she has the baby. i smiled when i said it though, and then slapped in the Tafseer. turn it up, turn it up! she raved all the way to the hospital!

it's funny though, the Brothers all really enjoy them, but the Sisters all want to know where they can get copies for themselves and their families. if only this stuff was cheaper...

BlissfullyJaded
11-23-2006, 04:33 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
I listen to Quranic recitations to relax my mind......to follow along with the recitor and do revision at the same time.
Ditto that.

I tend to not understand nasheeds, so I just listen to it if it sounds nice...and after a while I get bored of 'em. :hiding:

Dhulqarnaeen
11-23-2006, 04:43 AM
Interesting question,
1. I listen to Quran to replace music that I used to like. When I knew music is haram, I struggle my self to leave it and now I have left it alhamdulillah. And when I love music (and almost be a singer too astaghfirullah) I always make the music and singing as my entertainment when I have problems. I will lock my self in m room and then singing outloud. And it never brought the peacefull, although I felt the peacefull at that time, it turned out now I know that its peacefull that syaithon brought to me so I still drowned in sin. And then I learn Islam more and rujuu' to manhaj salaf, and I learn that music is haram then I left it, walhamdulillah. And just like Ibnul Qoyyim said in one of his book "if a muslim dont make quran as their song, then what else can entertain them?". So thats what I do and thats what we should do. I have collected a lot of imam, and I like to compare it, and I listen to each imam whenever I want to.

Dhulqarnaeen
11-23-2006, 05:06 AM
2. Since I dont like music anymore, I hate every singer and feel so so sorry for them, and also I feel sorry to all my bros and sis who still like music. And most of all, a lot of muslim make a group and then sing what they called Islamic music or Islamic song, or more popular they call it a "nasheed". But actually they dont understand what is a "nasheed" really means in Arabic. My ustadh ever explained about this, and also some fatawas from kibarul ulama of salaf, a "nasheed" these days is not a nasheed that was happened in Rasulullah shalalallahu alaihis shalatu wasallam's time. A nasheed in Rasulullahs time is like a poem, to burn the spirit of mujahidin, or someone who have sadness moment and then he said a poem to express his sadness with a high quality of arabic lughoh.Its a syair. And they didnt sing their nasheed, so a nasheed should be WITHOUT a melody. If with a melody then its a song when we can sing along with the singer. And its ok -Allahu a'lam- to sing a song with a good lyric and without music, but liike my ustadh said that the song in Rasulullahs time used to be sang by the girls, and not by men. If its by men, then my ustadh call them "bencong" in Indo :D , means men who act and talk like women. Cause a man should be strong and manly, and not acting like girls, singing here and there, and after that they make cassetes and sell it...whats that? At first they say they wanna burn the spirit of muslims, and they expected reward from Allah (?) and then in the end all they hope is money and a lot of fans? Where is the niyah if it will only ended with riya? And also a "nasheed" is done by spontaneous decision in Rasulullahs time.
So...since nasheed this time is not the nasheed that Rasulullah and the companions used to do, so I hate it as well as the music. If I go to Medinah or Dammaj Yemen oneday, and if I see one arab men say the nasheed, I will enjoy them insha Allah, cause thats what nasheed really is.
To nasheed singer, be aware of riya which can burn all your rewards that you have done and make it to dust. Its so sad when we face the time when we hope so much on our amal, but then we find it flew away cause no ikhlas when we are doing it. Wal iyadhubillah.

وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يَشْتَرِي لَهْوَ الْحَدِيثِ لِيُضِلَّ عَن سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَيَتَّخِذَهَا
هُزُواً أُولَئِكَ لَهُمْ عَذَابٌ مُّهِينٌ

"But there are, among men, those who purchase idle tales, without knowledge (or meaning), to mislead (men) from the Path of Allah and throw ridicule (on the Path): for such there will be a Humiliating Penalty." (Luqman:6)

lolwatever
11-23-2006, 06:43 AM

just a general question, why do u all listen to nasheeds or quranic recitation? wots the reason/purpose?

for example it cud be to......to soothe your mind, relax, enjoy the essence of the nasheeds, get away from problems, get rid of tension or stress....or perhaps it cud be to understand more about islam, to remind you about something, to bring you closer to islam....

so wot is it?....share your thoughts/views inshalah...with reasons inshAllah....WHY?.....

also possibly you listen nasheed/recitation at a certain time of the day...for example while in the kitchen or cleaning...put a particular nasheed, cud be sami yusuf,nazeel azami, to keep you going......or it cud be listening to quranic recitation before going to sleep....

All are welcome.....

quran - to learn or as a reminder to myself or as source of reward.

nasheed - rarely got time for em... but i guess every now and then i listen 2 a fav of mine... purely 2kick bak i guess :shade:

salamz

The Ruler
11-23-2006, 08:28 AM

i listen to Qur'anic recitations to comtemplate on it and increase my imaan....i listen to the nasheeds to relax and calm down when i am like > :raging: :D

Hijrah
11-23-2006, 01:51 PM
Qur'aan recitations should always be preferred, I play in the car and nasheeds are good but I only listen to ones lacking musical instruments obviously

H@fiz Aziz
11-29-2006, 02:35 AM
i listen to nasheed because it teaches u something about allah and prophet about dean life and i have to listen to recitation so i wont forget the quran i just memorized cause it will be gunna.

Dhulqarnaeen
11-29-2006, 09:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by H@fiz Aziz
i listen to nasheed because it teaches u something about allah and prophet about dean life and i have to listen to recitation so i wont forget the quran i just memorized cause it will be gunna.
As for me, I learn about Allah and the prophet from Quran and hadith according to manhaj salaf, walhamdulillah 'ala kulli hal

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.