/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Another Lebanese politician killed.

Keltoi
11-21-2006, 09:40 PM
http://today.reuters.com/news/home.aspx

Thoughts on who might be behind this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IzakHalevas
11-22-2006, 12:08 AM
Hezbollah has not been unarmed, yet israel is expected to respect the UN cease fire, even though the main reason of the cease fire is for Hezbollah to be unarmed. Interesting.

Keltoi
11-22-2006, 02:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IzakHalevas
Hezbollah has not been unarmed, yet israel is expected to respect the UN cease fire, even though the main reason of the cease fire is for Hezbollah to be unarmed. Interesting.
I think most "talking heads" believe Syria is either directly or indirectly responsible for this. The question would be to what extent Iran and Hezbollah are also involved.

yahyazakarya
11-22-2006, 02:49 AM
who did that ? ??
i think ...
no
i don't think anything
i don't have any proof

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
11-22-2006, 02:49 AM
CIA?

I mean, why should Syria kill another Lebanese politician again .. when they are so accused as killing Hariri?

yahyazakarya
11-22-2006, 02:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
CIA?

I mean, why should Syria kill another Lebanese politician again .. when they are so accused as killing Hariri?

no no syrie are not crazy to do that ..

Keltoi
11-22-2006, 02:58 AM
This man was an anti-Syrian politician. That is the main connection. Obviously there could be other factors. Including his faith, Christianity. I'm sure more will come out about the circumstances surrounding this in the near future.

luvziran
11-22-2006, 03:00 AM
CIA?

Look at your own words and think. The operative word is 'AGAIN'. ^o)

yahyazakarya
11-22-2006, 03:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
This man was an anti-Syrian politician. That is the main connection. Obviously there could be other factors. Including his faith, Christianity. I'm sure more will come out about the circumstances surrounding this in the near future.
Jezus (peace be upon him) was not anti-somebody .. he just called people to la ilaha illa allah, the way of Moses (pbuh) .. there is one God, you have to worship :
``God is my Lord and your Lord; you shall worship Him alone. This is the right path."
.. we read in in the Old Testament: ``Hear O Israel: The Lord our God is one'' (Deut. 6:4)...

but, they were people who wanted to kill him (pbuh) .. ???

that has nothing to do with anti-.. or pro-.. or has nothing to do with christinaty .. lebanese people muslims, christians, .. live with each other in peace and respect ..
but they are enemeies who don't links that ..

you can claim anything, but as long as u don't have any proof we can't talk about facts, but just things we think ..

and muy peace be with ya Keltoi

north_malaysian
11-22-2006, 05:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Including his faith, Christianity. .
But Rafic Hariri is a Muslim.... well... a Sunni Muslim.

Keltoi
11-22-2006, 04:07 PM
But Rafic Hariri is a Muslim.... well... a Sunni Muslim.
I didn't mean to imply he was killed for being a Christian, I was just bringing up his politics and background, which was as an anti-Syrian Christian politician.

Cheb
11-22-2006, 09:18 PM
Anti Syrian or not, Syria had NOTHING to gain from his death. Being "anit-Syrian" does not get you an automatic death sentence. As with everything else related to Israel and the US, there is a much bigger picture. If the Syrians wanted to kill someone influential, they may want to kill Walid Jumblatt. But that is not the case. The US and Israel want to get the Lebanese people to go against Hezbollah and they want us divided as a people again. The same thing they are doing in Iraq. Funny how the US was the first to comment on the killing, even before any Lebanese official did. They really need to butt out but unfortunately they wont.

Keltoi
11-22-2006, 10:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cheb
Anti Syrian or not, Syria had NOTHING to gain from his death. Being "anit-Syrian" does not get you an automatic death sentence. As with everything else related to Israel and the US, there is a much bigger picture. If the Syrians wanted to kill someone influential, they may want to kill Walid Jumblatt. But that is not the case. The US and Israel want to get the Lebanese people to go against Hezbollah and they want us divided as a people again. The same thing they are doing in Iraq. Funny how the US was the first to comment on the killing, even before any Lebanese official did. They really need to butt out but unfortunately they wont.
Why is the fact that the U.S. "commented" on the assassination funny? I have no idea who commented first, second, last, or never, but the point is that a Lebanese politician was gunned down in broad daylight. The U.S. State Department, the U.K., the EU, all commented on it. I don't think that points to some "butting in" on their part.

Dawud_uk
11-24-2006, 07:30 AM
lets not cry over a man who belonged to a political party founded upon the principles of the nazi party, as the party founder - this dad man's grandfather attested to himself.

Abu Abdullah

north_malaysian
11-24-2006, 07:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
lets not cry over a man who belonged to a political party founded upon the principles of the nazi party, as the party founder - this dad man's grandfather attested to himself.

Abu Abdullah
Phalangists are Nazis?^o)

Dawud_uk
11-24-2006, 07:58 AM
Phalangists are Nazis?^o)
yes,

they were founded by this mans grandfather after he went to the nazi run olympics in the 1930's and he thought they were a good thing.

look at their actions during the civil war there, they were wanting to establish a state for themselves and oppress all the other peoples.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

north_malaysian
11-24-2006, 09:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
yes,

they were founded by this mans grandfather after he went to the nazi run olympics in the 1930's and he thought they were a good thing.

look at their actions during the civil war there, they were wanting to establish a state for themselves and oppress all the other peoples.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah
But they cried when Rafic Hariri, a Sunni Muslim was martyred. I think it's Christians-Sunnis-Druzes vs. Shiites. Thus, it shows that the Shiites want Iran and Syria to interfere in Lebanese admin and dont want to co-exist with Christian-Sunni-Druze Lebanese.

But I'm just a Malaysian who admired Rafic Hariri's legacy. I think it's the best thing for Lebanese to tell the 'truth' here.

Allah Aalim!!

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.