/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hadith regarding this world and human potential?

Mateen
11-22-2006, 12:01 PM
Assalam-o-alaikum,

In the Quran I read that Allah created humans only to worship Him .Thats the purpose of life.

Allah has also given us vast reservoirs of Human potential. Are there any hadith regarding how a Muslim should use his unique talents to create a better world, reach high goals and be a top professional, explore the world, invents new stuff, discover some stuff etc.

I want to know what Islam's and Prophet Muhammad's {pbuh} thoughts regarding hardwork and purpose of life other than worshipping Allah.
How are we muslims supposed to see this world other than a short period of testing.

Wassalam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
New_Muslim
12-09-2006, 06:23 AM
I think Allah wants us to use the talents he gave us to make the world a better place.

Woodrow
12-09-2006, 11:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by New_Muslim
I think Allah wants us to use the talents he gave us to make the world a better place.
We are instructed to do good deeds. We are given talents to work with, failure to use these talents is a failure to do all of the good deeds we are capable of. Just my opinion Astagfirullah

------
12-10-2006, 11:11 AM
:sl:

Hadith: Sahih Muslim

Book 040, Number 6843:

This hadith has been narrated through five different chains of transmitters and all of them are narrated on the authority of Mustaurid, brother of Bani Fihr, that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: By Allah, this world (is so insigni- ficant in comparison) to the Hereafter that if one of you should dip his finger- (and while saying this Yahyg pointed with his forefinger) -in the ocean and then he should see as to what has stuck to it. This hadith has been narrated through another chain of transmitters also but with a slight variation of wording.

Source

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.