no1_outbider
11-22-2006, 02:03 PM
:sl: :D

The First Computer Mouse (about 1964)

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Younus
11-22-2006, 02:12 PM
It would not have been called a mouse at that time :-\ bcuz its shape is not like that of a mouse.
Whereas today, the mouse used in PCs is called mouse bcuz it has the shape of a mouse.
Then what name should have been given to the first 'so called mouse' used in PC. :rollseyes

It looks like a tape recorder though. haha :lol:

no1_outbider
11-22-2006, 02:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Younus
It would not have been called a mouse at that time :-\ bcuz its shape is not like that of a mouse.
Whereas today, the mouse used in PCs is called mouse bcuz it has the shape of a mouse.
Then what name should have been given to the first 'so called mouse' used in PC. :rollseyes

It looks like a tape recorder though. haha :lol:
Nice one!:thumbs_up i was thinking of that one myslef.

But thats what they used to describe these parts!

Younus
11-22-2006, 02:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by no1_outbider
But thats what they used to describe these parts!
You mean they used to call it as mouse? I wonder from where they came up with that name at that time, what made them think to give that name. :rollseyes

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
no1_outbider
11-22-2006, 02:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Younus
You mean they used to call it as mouse? I wonder from where they came up with that name at that time, what made them think to give that name. :rollseyes
I think they did!

Check this mouse pattern out!

Muezzin
11-22-2006, 05:33 PM
Holy crap, that thing looks like it could electrocute someone.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.