/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What Is Happening To Our Religion?

Antaro
06-29-2005, 11:01 AM
oh my dear fellow muslims,
what is happening to our religion? i am very very disturbed about what is going on in France concerning our students.
it is very disheartening that most of the students are dropping out of school because they are not allowed to wear their veil or scarf or hijab for that matter.
i see the policy of sweeping out religious features from the school as an attempt to out do islam in the country. this is simply because it is abundantly clear that christians or jews or whatever religion dress just in the western cultural way.
This policy is therefore only set to outdo islam.
worst of it all is that the muslim world seems to be doing little about this issue.
my heart is crying!!! please fellow muslims, let us arise! let us rise to speak and act agaist this unhearing and brutal psychological steps that the westerners are taking to outdo our religion. May ALLAH SUBHANA WATAALA help us all to act NOW!!!.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Antaro
06-29-2005, 11:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Antaro
what is happening to our religion? i am very very disturbed about what is going on in France concerning our students.
it is very disheartening that most of the students are dropping out of school because they are not allowed to wear their veil or scarf or hijab for that matter.
i see the policy of sweeping out religious features from the school as an attempt to out do islam in the country. this is simply because it is abundantly clear that christians or jews or whatever religion dress just in the western cultural way.
worst of it all is that the muslim world seems to be doing little about this issue.
my heart is crying!!! please fellow muslims, let us arise! let us rise to speak and act agaist this unhearing and brutal psychological steps that the westerners are taking to outdo our religion. May ALLAH SUBHANA WATAALA help us all to act NOW!!!.
"we shall excel"

Bittersteel
06-29-2005, 04:48 PM
the Muslim world is under pressure too.Bangladesh....... well only one girl wears the hijab in my school.I deny that my country Bangladesh is a Muslim country even though the majority is Muslims.

Muezzin
06-29-2005, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Aziz
the Muslim world is under pressure too.Bangladesh....... well only one girl wears the hijab in my school.I deny that my country Bangladesh is a Muslim country even though the majority is Muslims.
That's strange. The only Bangladeshi girl I know wears a hijab. :confused:

I agree that law is completely stupid. The sad thing is, it's not only Muslims who are affected - Sikh students too are affected, and are not allowed to wear their turbans. It is a stupid law that favours Western dress and culture, but insha'allah, we can change it if we take action.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
minaz
06-29-2005, 06:36 PM
But the girls in fance can wear like bandana's, and i see lots of Somalain girls inparticular hear in Leicetser wear them in place of the headscarf. I don't know the exact ruling upon headscalve's but isn't it so that ones hair does not show?

Muezzin
06-29-2005, 09:02 PM
Does that bandana-style count as hijab? Cos that's what that Bangladeshi sis wears funnily enough :p

S_87
06-29-2005, 09:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz
But the girls in fance can wear like bandana's, and i see lots of Somalain girls inparticular hear in Leicetser wear them in place of the headscarf. I don't know the exact ruling upon headscalve's but isn't it so that ones hair does not show?
:sl:
the bandana does not count as hijab. it dont make sense.
with some bandanas you can see half the hair (whats the point???)
with others the hair may be covered but the neck and all that showing???

junna1
06-29-2005, 09:16 PM

I don't think that bandanas count as hijab cuz the whole hair has to be covered and like sis Amani said, bandana only covers half of the hair. And besides we're not only supposed to cover our hair, we are supposed to cover our whole body so that no one can tell the shape of it(wearing tight clothes or see through clothes) or anything like that.

:w:

Muezzin
06-29-2005, 09:45 PM
I've seen bandanas that cover all of the hair, though.

imaad_udeen
06-29-2005, 11:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
That's strange. The only Bangladeshi girl I know wears a hijab. :confused:

I agree that law is completely stupid. The sad thing is, it's not only Muslims who are affected - Sikh students too are affected, and are not allowed to wear their turbans. It is a stupid law that favours Western dress and culture, but insha'allah, we can change it if we take action.
Jews are affected as well.

Muezzin
06-30-2005, 11:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by imaad_udeen
Jews are affected as well.
Then it's even more absurd. How can they expect students to 'leave their religions at home'? A religion is a way of life, not something to be ashamed of and to hide.

S_87
06-30-2005, 12:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I've seen bandanas that cover all of the hair, though.
yeh but i bet the neck was showing :p

Muezzin
06-30-2005, 12:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
yeh but i bet the neck was showing :p
lol, you're right :p

Bittersteel
06-30-2005, 12:33 PM
How can they expect students to 'leave their religions at home'?
yeah that's absurd.

They think its(Islam,Judaism,) like idol worshipping religions.

imaad_udeen
06-30-2005, 03:51 PM
It is totally absurd. I think it even covers the wearing of a cross by Christians, but I am not sure. I don't live in France, thanks to Allah.

Muezzin
06-30-2005, 05:25 PM
It covers all religious symbols, which includes followers of just about every major religion on this planet. Which is completely stupid - if Secularism separates politics and religion, why did they make legislation regarding religious symbols? Crazy days.

khilji
07-02-2005, 08:03 PM
If I may express my humble opinion on this issue, as long as our own lands are underdeveloped because of our lack of interest or means to develop them and as long as we have to go to foreign non-mulsim lands as economic migrants, these issues will continue to be there.

If we should live in foreign lands, then we must follow the law of the land or make some compromises, otherwise we should go back and live in muslim lands and work on making them more livable.

It is unreasonable to expect that the whole world will accomodate to our wishes. Every country has the right to pass laws and enforce them on their citizens. The only thing we can do is hope and plead that they make accomodations.

If the Muslim Ummah ever unite and become a powerful and responsible global economic force, then and only then the rest of the world will consider these issues with more thought, since it will affect their relations with a large unified group of people and economy which could have economic and diplomatic consequences.

The problems of minority Muslim population in all countries are similarly tied to the unification and economic development of the Ummah.

minaz
07-02-2005, 08:06 PM
Yeh very true khilji, one can protest against it but at the same time has to accept it

Mr. Baldy
07-02-2005, 09:36 PM
aslaam alykum,

what are you saying that we should just say lubayk to these kuffar? i dont think so, did the prophet (SAWS) say 'well you know what, these guys dont like the idea of one god, so im just gonna sit here untill they suddely change there ideas'. NO he did not do this, rather he set out to change the world, ONE MAN, and he did, and we our an ummah a billion strong, our job is much easier.
This is exatly the kind of deafetist attitude the west wants us to take. Allah has promised us an ummah, but we have to work for it. It is completley haram for us to adopt this attitude and to submit to these kuffar. Did Bilal submit to his kuffar master? Think of this as the same thing, but our masters are these kafir, and Islam will set us free. We cannot accept this system, we wouldnt accept hanzeer for food, so why accept this haram system as our system, the way we think of alchol and hanzeer, this is the way we should think of western systems.

wa alykum aslaam

Nakisai
07-02-2005, 09:41 PM
I think what happen is that more people become too mad and they start saying things that are not true and thats whats happening here in USA .

Halima
07-03-2005, 05:31 AM
In other words, they don't "think" before they speak. Which is what their parents were supposed to them at the beginning of adolescents.

khilji
07-03-2005, 07:16 PM
Dear brother Baldy,

I support your courage and your spirit to follow our beloved Prophet (SAWS) in not accepting Kuffar.

format_quote Originally Posted by Mr. Baldy
NO he did not do this, rather he set out to change the world, ONE MAN, and he did, and we our an ummah a billion strong, our job is much easier.
This is exatly the kind of deafetist attitude the west wants us to take. Allah has promised us an ummah, but we have to work for it.
wa alykum aslaam

But I do not believe you understood what I stand for - please read this thread under World Affairs and please let me know your opinion, and I sincerely hope that you join us in our team so that we can all work for uniting our Ummah and not just talk about it:

"Representative group from all muslim communities"

Our Ummah is actually 1.7 billion strong:

http://www.islamicpopulation.com/world_islam.html
http://www.islamicpopulation.com/asia_islam.html

Out of 1.7 billion, around 1.2 billion are in Asia. The Muslims from the former Mughal empire called Hindustan number around:

213(India) + 144(Pakistan) + 129(Bangladesh) = 486 million

The largest muslim population in one country is in Indonesia = 194 million

There are around 120-150 million Muslims of Turkic ancestry in Turkey, Central Asia and Southern Russia

China has supposedly close to 130 million muslims, many of whom are Uighur or Kazakh and hence Turkic

Up until 1700's, the Muslims of Mughal empire were the richest in all of Ummah, but they became the poorest after the British raped the country for 200 years. Within India, Bengal was the bread basket and the richest province.

In Africa, the largest Muslim countries are Nigeria, Egypt, Morocco, Sudan and Ethiopia.

Just pointing out some interesting facts about the Ummah and putting out a mirror to see the face of the Ummah, it is only a small 15-18% minority that are Arabic speaking and of Arab origin.

By the way, I am all for protesting unfair and unislamic laws, but the protest must be according to the laws of the land. I do not support breaking laws of other countries.

What I am basically saying is that Muslim land stretches from Indonesia in the South-east and Kazakhstan in the North-East to Mauritania in South-west and Turkey, Bosnia and Albania in the North-west. In all Muslim majority nation-states, Muslims are free to pass laws and practice Islam as they please, Masha-Allah.

As for the continents of Europe, America and Oceania, we cannot realistically hope that the mostly Christian population there will join us in al-Islam in large numbers in the foreseeable future, although we will continue our Dawah, by creating outstanding examples of human behavior and conduct, as did our Prophet (SAWS).

Again, I have nothing against Muslims living in non-muslim lands, in fact it is only fair that some of us seek better lives in their lands - since the colonial masters have taken from our lands to make their land rich and developed. And todays muslims move to the west not to exploit their land, but to become responsible citizens along with other immigrants from the rest of the world.

And our Revert western brothers are welcome to our Brotherhood of Ummah, and I hope they can join us in our effort to make the world a better place to live. The development of the Muslim Ummah, as a quarter of Humanity is important and desirable for the rest of the world. A strong, united and developed Ummah will be a peaceful and responsible partner in global development, just as todays EC, China and India, which are fast becoming powerful super-states.

Development is a state of mind. I always like the example of Japan as a hard-working and united people. In World War II their economy and infra-structure was destroyed, but in 20-30 years they rebuilt and came back strong with little or no natural resources. Today the Japanese are good at almost everything they do and beat any Western country in any field of economy and industry. Korea and Taiwan have done the same following the Japanese example and today the Chinese are jumping in the same band-wagon - of course all of them has adapted the Japanese model to their own particular circumstances. All of them have been and are being successful in beating the West at its own game. The name of the game are comparative advantage, Market share etc.

My vision of the Ummah is that 20-30 years from now OIC will morph into something like todays EC, with a common currency, customs integration etc. But unlike EC we will be spiritually rich with Al-Islam and free of the materialism, greed and decadence of the West and hard-working, diligent, efficient and united like the Japanese.

We have all the raw materials, the land, the people and the resources - all we need is the determination and intention to follow the example and advices of our Prophet (SAWS) and make a strong Ummah from the divided mess we have at present. And the time to start working for this future Ummah is now.

Mr. Baldy
07-03-2005, 07:27 PM
aslaam alykum,

ok i see what your saying, and yes japan is an excellent example of economic and social reform, but an even better example is Islam, you say in 20-30 years japan turned its situation around, well the muslims in 23 yers were ruling saudia arabi, and were seeking to conquer the rest of the world, which is more impressive?

wa alykum aslaam

Muezzin
07-03-2005, 08:53 PM
Ever heard the expression 'Rome wasn't built in a day'? ;)

Also, I think we're straying from the topic a bit. Strange as it sounds for me of all people to point that out.

Nakisai
07-03-2005, 09:00 PM
:thumbs_do :thumbs_do you are a show off
islam is islam and jaspan is jaspan

aslaam alykum,

ok i see what your saying, and yes japan is an excellent example of economic and social reform, but an even better example is Islam, you say in 20-30 years japan turned its situation around, well the muslims in 23 yers were ruling saudia arabi, and were seeking to conquer the rest of the world, which is more impressive?

wa alykum aslaam

Mr. Baldy
07-03-2005, 09:01 PM
aslaam alykum,

in 23 yers

wa alykum aslaam
????

Mr. Baldy
07-03-2005, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nakisai
:thumbs_do :thumbs_do you are a show off
why am i a show off??

Muezzin
07-03-2005, 09:02 PM
[quotes himself]
???

:p

But seriously, can we get back on topic now? I don't want to use that irritating smiley with the sign cos it makes me want to break things.

Nakisai
07-03-2005, 09:06 PM
cause you are ???? :applaud:

why am i a show off??

Nakisai
07-03-2005, 09:08 PM
Africa is in need of help from whom ever is going to give it... and why not Us ????

Muezzin
07-03-2005, 09:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nakisai
Africa is in need of help from whom ever is going to give it... and why not Us ????
Good point. Unfortunately it has nothing to do with the current topic.

As for this little 'debate' going on, why do we have to be so competitive? 'Oh, the Japanese aren't as good as us, nyah, nyah' - seriously, it makes us seem smug. The Japanese are a hardworking people, as are the Muslim Ummah. Let's just stop this oneupmanship and get on with the topic now shall we?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.