/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam

schoolmaster54
11-22-2006, 10:15 PM
This page was put for nonmuslim bros and sists.

http://www.ias.berkeley.edu/orias/Is...%20And%20Islam

Islam in Comparative Context: Online Resources
http://www.ias.berkeley.edu/orias/Islam.html

Contents: Islamic organizations and universities in the United States have posted many excellent web sites with detailed information and discussions about Islam. The few listed here are one I consider particularly suitable for the classroom.

General Information on Islam
  • The Council on Islamic Education (CIE) provides a number of good on-line resources including a large glossary of Arabic and Islamic terms and an essay on teaching about Islam and Muslims in the schools in PDF format.
  • Teaching Islamic Civilization with Information Technology, by Corinne Blake from The Journal for MultiMediaHistory Volume 1 Number 1 ~ Fall 1998
  • Islamicity is a dense site with a good reference section which concisely answers common questions and provides good visual illustrations. (Be patient, it loads slowly.) Their education page provides information on Understanding Islam, Culture and Arts, Contributions of Islamic (contributions related to architecture, calligraphy, history and mosques), History, and Science.
  • Excellent on Chronology of early Islam. Part of the Exploring Ancient World Cultures (EAWC) site -- an on-line course supplement for students and teachers of the ancient and medieval worlds maintained by University of Evansville, Indiana.
Maps of the Muslim World Perry-Castañeda Library

Women And Islam

Islam in America
Islamic Speakers Bureau - San Francisco Bay Area (408) 296-7312
Islamic Outreach Foundations Speakers Bureau (in Southern California)
SALAM Islamic Speakers Bureau (in Sacramento, California) (916)489-3303

Art and Architecture from the Islamic World
  • Tour the architecture of the Iranian city of Isfahan, declared to be one of the world's treasures by UNESCO. This is a wonderfully detailed and interactive site.
  • Calligraphy is a very important art form in the Islamic world. Mamoun Sakkal has written four short articles on art of Arabic script and language , which are very informative and accessible. He even includes a page of Islamic clip art , which he allows to be reproduced for educational purposes.

Science and Medicine in the Islamic World

Music From the Islamic World

Folklore, myth, primary source texts and stories
Islamic Book/Film Sources

Islam en Español

Films
Miscellaneous

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
schoolmaster54
11-22-2006, 10:25 PM
http://www.jamaat.net/deedat.htm

The unofficial page of Sheikh Ahmed Deedat's literature.
FREE TO READ ONLINE
Please Note: I'm not Ahmed Deedat, please do not email me assuming I'm him or have contacts with him. You'll have to get in contact with his organization, the IPCI http://www.ahmed-deedat.co.za .Also I don't send out literature, as I dont have access to it. So please once again contact the IPCI for that matter.
Thank you :)
WARNING: reading any of the below, can change your life!
Please note, the literature below is intended to show to the Christian, the Muslim position in regards to Jesus Christ (Peace be upon him), the character of the Prophet of Islam and his mentioning in the Biblical scriptures, the Muslim view of the present Bible. etc etc..
Please, if you are to read any of this. Read with an open mind, as pre-conceived notions can impair ones search for the truth. Even though I' am not the author of any of the below online books. I have in very rare instances of Sheikh Deedat's books, inserted my commentry in order to clarify a meaning that I have noticed many Christian's misunderstand, or enhance the authors argument. I have clearly marked my insertions in Red. Also the authors footnotes I have placed below many of the paragraphs, to make it easier for the reader to pick up as one is reading along, as it is very relevant to the text being read. Sheikh Deedat's footnotes are indicated in the Fuchsia colour. I'll accept criticism or questions on behalf of Sheikh Deedat. As I support his thesis's, please write your comments in the forum (for benefit of other readers to this site), and I will endeavor to explain any of the points God-willing.
*Indicates author is not Deedat. But distributed by the IPCI

MUHAMMED (PBUH) THE NATURAL SUCCESSOR TO CHRIST (PBUH)
This book, is one of the best in that it clearly shows that Jesus Christ foretold the Prophet of Islam in the Gospels. According to the New Testament, the Comforter is well proven not to be a spirit, but of a human prophet that was to come.

ARABS AND ISRAEL - CONFLICT OR CONCILIATION?

The book refers to the long Arab-Jewish conflict that sees no end. Deedat shows according to Genesis, Arabs have a legitimate claim to the land as do the Jews. Both being the children of Abraham (PBUH).
(COMING SOON)

IS THE BIBLE GOD'S WORD?

Using the Bible as the bedrock, and the words of Biblical scholars to support his case. Sheikh Ahmed Deedat exposes the fallibility of the Bible. An excellent read.

THE MUSLIM AT PRAYER
*See how the Muslims prayer is reminiscent of the practices of the Prophets of the Bible. This is to show that Islam is the religion that was practiced by Abraham, Moses and Jesus. (Peace be upon them all)

CRUCIFIXION OR CRUCI-FICTION

Once again, one of the greatest books I've read in regards to the alleged crucifixion of Christ. Sheikh Deedat, bases the crux of his claims on the entire Bible.

MUHUMMED (PBUH) NO. 1 WITH A CHAPTER BY MICHAEL HART
*Read as to why historian Michael H. Hart ranked the Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) as the most influential figure in history.
(I have included the chapter on Jesus Christ)

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT MUHUMMED (PBUH)
God revealed a prophecy to Moses that a Prophet would arise that would be like him. In this small booklet, the Muslim scholarly claim is weighed against the traditional Christian claim.

WHO MOVED THE STONE?
A question that has been troubling Christian theologians for a long time. The book is a small but detailed exposition from the Crucifixion or Cruci-Fiction book.

CHRIST IN ISLAM
Read about Jesus Christ, on how he occupies a high place in the House of Islam. This online book also serves to restore the humanness of Jesus, and renounce his deification. Once again, with solid proofs from the Bible itself.

RESURRECTION OR RESUSCITATION?
Did Jesus actually die?, and then resurrected; or was his life merely a resuscitation from a trance?. This small booklet deals with another important element from the book Crucifixion or Cruci-Fiction. Did Jesus really die according to the scriptures?.

WHAT IS HIS NAME
Humanity still wrangles to this day as to the name of God Almighty. In this online booklet; it is clearly shown that Allah is the name of God in all the Semitic languages. As shown in the Old and the New Testament.

WHAT WAS THE SIGN OF JONAH?
Out of all the miracles performed by Jesus (PBUH), he gave only one that was to be decisive in establishing his credibility as the Messiah. And the one sign that would discredit his supposed resurrection.

MUHUMMED (PBUH) THE GREATEST
The man who has been ranked the most influential figure in history, according to Western scholars, and is outranked in greatness, is looked upon in this online booklet. A global community of 1.2 billion believers came into existence because of this one great man. His fruits bore witness of an Islamic empire stretching from Morocco to Indonesia.

THE GOD THAT NEVER WAS
*We expect if Jesus was God, then he would have the Divine qualities of God. But as this small book clearly shows, he was 100% human. The book serves to reveal the absurdity of the divine status of Jesus when we look upon his human attributes.

"50 000 ERRORS IN THE BIBLE"
*The title of an article that appeared in the Christian Awake magazine. Read it, they admit to errors in the Bible, but in the conclusion they'll maintain that it is still the authentic word of God. This is what has become Christian logic. The 1957 article has been preserved here for the record of Dawah.

COMBAT KIT
This well organised booklet is meant to serve the purpose of countering the narrow-minded Bible thumpers that visit the Muslim homes out in the West. Sheikh Deedat has written this book with the understanding and long term experience that logical reasoning with Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses etc is a futile attempt.

CAN YOU STOMACH THE BEST OF RUSHDIE
An exposition of the hypocrisy of the West in defending Salman Rushdie, as well as quotes from his infamous book in degrading the British people. A must read for those who only saw one side to the tension that erupted in 1989

ISLAM'S ANSWER TO THE RACIAL PROBLEM
* By a German DiplomatThis lecture was given during the heated days of Apartheid. A West German ambassador who entered the fold of Islam explains as to how Islam is the only viable solution to the racial hatred that tears up societies in many parts of the world, especially the Christian West.

MUHUMMED THE PROPHET OF ISLAM
*(COMING SOON)BY PROF K.S. RAMAKRISHNA RAO,
See what this Hindu professor has to say about the Prophet of Islam and his noble character. As well as the fruits that arose out of his great legacy

AL-QURAN - THE MIRACLES OF MIRACLES
(COMING SOON)
It should not be surprising that a book of God has always contained within it scientific facts that have only came to light in the past century. But the Qur'an goes beyond that, as this enlightening book reveals.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.