/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Where would you like to go......and why?

Salmaan
10-23-2006, 10:18 AM
:sl:

Where would you prefer to go for holidays, or a tour, or for some weeks for camp.....which place in the world would it be?

I would prefer going to Switzerland !! :coolious:

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strider
10-23-2006, 10:40 AM
I want to travel the world. InshaAllah, one day.

Salmaan
10-23-2006, 10:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
I want to travel the world. InshaAllah, one day.
If you had to choose any one location, which would it be? OR if you got the opportunity to travel the world, which was the first destination that you would visit for leisure ?

limitless
10-23-2006, 05:33 PM

I will be travelling the world (with my future wife hopefully), inshallah. And My first-three destinations will be Mecca, Jursilam, and Iran.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salmaan
10-23-2006, 05:43 PM

you can go to Makkah for pilgrimage :)

But I want to ask about tourist destination, where would you go for enjoying vacations, holidays, camps etc.

Salmaan
10-23-2006, 05:45 PM
I would also like to visit Egypt and go there to see pyramids, sphinx, tombs...

Aisha20
10-23-2006, 07:08 PM
very hard ques...
Makkah 4 pilgrimage...
and tour to... auuchhh to many nice places
here i go... lol
spain... (to visit all the museums, cultural places) :wub:
Hawaii... the beach :wub:
Mexico... (too many nice places over there)
Italy ( a little bit of the italian culture... tooo many nices places (roma, milan, :wub:) )
Africa..... (i wanna travel to All da African continent :wub: )

and still too many places, so i can say WHERE DO I DONT WANNA GO :X

UmmSqueakster
10-23-2006, 07:35 PM
Disney World :happy: I've been there a ton of times, but haven't gotten my husband there yet, but soon inshaAllah.

I pick that as my top tourist destination because it's specifically catered to tourists - close hotels, restaurants, lots of hospitality, etc.

We do plan on being world travelers once my husband gets his US citizenship inshaAllah, but I don't really consider that touristy. I prefer to think of trips to the savanna, Nepal, Bosnia, etc, to be adventures :D We'll be adventurers, not tourists.

Dahir
10-23-2006, 07:46 PM
^W00t! Someone from Minnesota! :rollseyes

Anyhow. I don't feel mature enough to handle Mecca or Jerusalem, so for now I'll settle for Chicago -- local region that makes for some good road-tripping.

wilberhum
10-23-2006, 08:04 PM
Go some place where every thing is different.
Different langrage, different culture, different race.
Go where you have nothing in common.
It will be an amazing advernture that will open your mind beyond your current comperhention.

Dahir
10-23-2006, 08:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
It will be an amazing advernture that will open your mind beyond your current comperhention.
I'd imagine Seattle to have all of that. :D

wilberhum
10-23-2006, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
I'd imagine Seattle to have all of that. :D
Seattle is the most integrated place I have ever lived.
But I lived 4 1/2 in Australia, 1 in Italy, 1 in Japan, and 3 month in India.
I am a totally changed person becouse of it.

S_87
10-23-2006, 08:10 PM

well as said saudi arabia goes without saying

but id like to go dubai for a shopping spree :D and egypt.and defo palestineeeeeeeeee!!! and anywhere with nice beaches and/or desert!
but not cold places. dont like cold :lol:
and of course barbados would be number one tourist destination for me as well as family and gorgeous beaches and cool people :wub: :D

limitless
10-23-2006, 08:13 PM

Well ok. My first three destinations will be; Tokyo, Japan ;D , Jerusilam, Sweden woot 1GBit internet line ;D .

wilberhum
10-23-2006, 08:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by limitless

Well ok. My first three destinations will be; Tokyo, Japan ;D , Jerusilam, Sweden woot 1GBit internet line ;D .

Tokyo is amazing. The finest, kindest and most helpfull people I have ever been around. I think they are the greatest.

Dahir
10-23-2006, 08:46 PM
Tokyo is amazing. The finest, kindest and most helpfull people I have ever been around. I think they are the greatest.
True. My brother's friend just came back from Tokyo on a business internship, he says its the most prude and mysterious place on Earth, but its coupled with friendliness and a lawful attitude like no where else!

A place I'd surely like to visit, but the culture and people are so distanced from my own that it seems impossible to ever integrate for a moment.

wilberhum
10-23-2006, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
True. My brother's friend just came back from Tokyo on a business internship, he says its the most prude and mysterious place on Earth, but its coupled with friendliness and a lawful attitude like no where else!

A place I'd surely like to visit, but the culture and people are so distanced from my own that it seems impossible to ever integrate for a moment.
Integrate? Probably will not ever happen, but you will always be welcome guest.

Prude? I assume you meant proud.

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-23-2006, 09:10 PM

i would love to visit mekkah for pilgramige...medinah...:wub:

the iraq,syria,morroco,eygpt,jeruselem...and more holy places were good people in islam were from..:wub:

*Hana*
10-23-2006, 09:14 PM

I love to travel. I've been to Barbados, Belarus, Egypt and Pakistan. I would love to visit India, Malaysia, Greece. I really hope to see Petra and Pompeii some day, Inshallah.

Wa'alaikum salam
Hana

Salmaan
10-24-2006, 07:12 AM
Then I think India is the place to visit.

Salmaan
10-24-2006, 07:13 AM

Japan is quite a dangerous place :rollseyes I say dangerous because many natural activities like volcanoes and earthquakes are very frequent there.

Salmaan
10-24-2006, 11:08 AM
I would like to visit Kashmir as well insha'Allah

muzna
10-24-2006, 11:22 AM
EVERYONE SHOULD COME TO SRI LANKA...war aside..(hopefully that'll be over soon)...its the place to visit...beaches, hills, wildlife, and tons more! the food is great and the people are friendly...and colombo is a shoppers paradise! soak up the sun or chill in the hills!

Salmaan
10-24-2006, 11:25 AM
Sri Lanka has got devastated after the tsunami which struck. :rollseyes
And it still remains a dangerous place, never know when next tsunami strikes. :hiding:

muzna
10-24-2006, 11:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salmaan
Sri Lanka has got devastated after the tsunami which struck. :rollseyes
And it still remains a dangerous place, never know when next tsunami strikes. :hiding:
a tsunami could strike anywhere..
the tsunami was almost two years ago...sri lanka has gona a long way in rehabilitation since then..
by the way, south india was devastated by the tsunami also :P
were you expecting indonesia, thailand, india, sri lanka and maldives to pack up the tourist industry post tsunami?
and i guess australia should say bye bye to tourism as well since they've been getting tsunami warnings as well..
:rollseyes
peace

Salmaan
10-24-2006, 11:41 AM
No tsunami affected country will pack up their tourism post tsunami....lol....why would they want to make their own loss ? :D
But I think the rate of tourists visiting the tsunami affected countries has reduced :-\

muzna
10-24-2006, 11:53 AM
of course the number of tourist arrivals took a dive immediately after the tsunami..the tourism industry in sri lanka post tsunami was almost back to normal before the resumption in hostilities between the govt and LTTE. 550,000 tourists visited sri lanka last year, which shows that SL was getting back on its feet..the only thing hampering the tourist industry right now in the war in the north east. during the ceasefire there was a 96% rise in tourist arrivals during the two years...

Malaikah
10-24-2006, 12:02 PM

I would love to go somewhere with nice beaches with crystal clear water, white sand, no ugly seaweed or jellyfish or other ugly things, no big yukky waves...

and it would be nice it the place was away from too many people so that i could get some privacy...

if anyone knows of such a place please let me know! lol

muzna
10-24-2006, 12:25 PM
Sri Lanka!!!! hold on..if you're in the galapagos islands...you've got all that already, sah?

Malaikah
10-24-2006, 12:32 PM

umm... theoretically... yes.. :mmokay:

but there marine iguanas sharing the water... i wouldnt fancy a swim with them, in case they mistake me for lunch :X

do they even have internet in the Galápagos Islands?

muzna
10-24-2006, 12:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

do they even have internet in the Galápagos Islands?
ummm..where are you?

lolwatever
10-24-2006, 01:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muzna
Sri Lanka!!!! hold on..if you're in the galapagos islands...you've got all that already, sah?
but u can imagine how crowded those islands would be :p

muzna
10-24-2006, 01:05 PM
good point..:-P

Helena
10-24-2006, 01:17 PM
erm...i wud prefer to go to historical places...

def wud be my fav place......egypt......

and and india....jus to see the taj mahal....

wot else?...............

muzna
10-24-2006, 01:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HAJI_HELENA

wot else?...............
italy, greece?

Mawaddah
10-24-2006, 02:06 PM
I am fascinated by India....I want to go there!!

And I want to go to Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan and Kazakistan and all those 'tan' countries :p

And I would love to go to Jordon and Syria.........But India first!! :statisfie

hidaayah
10-24-2006, 02:16 PM
The Northern Areas Of Pakistan especially the Swat, Kalam n peshawer side.

Helena
10-24-2006, 02:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muzna
italy, greece?
jazaks for the ideas sis.......

muzna
10-24-2006, 02:35 PM
no problems..i like places with traces of ancient civilisations also..would love to go to egypt and italy one day,,

wilberhum
10-24-2006, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HAJI_HELENA

wot else?...............
The Taj Mahal is amazing. I have never been further than a days drive from Delhi but I was in awh the entire 3 months I was there.
Not all the awh was good, but it was always interesting.

amirah_87
10-24-2006, 04:12 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

I dunno where I'd like to go!! :?

Some where in the countrysides down here and have a lil' cottage!! :statisfie

And ofcourse Saudia Arabia , also Qatar and how could I forget Yemen! :rollseyes :D

Salmaan
10-24-2006, 04:57 PM

Do you know about the Bermuda Triangle? It is in the Atlantic Ocean, near West Indies. It is said that many of the aircrafts and ships when passing through that area have disappeared. It is really a mysterious place.

Mawaddah
10-24-2006, 06:19 PM
^ I've heard some people claim that thats where Shaytaans throne is seated .....

S_87
10-24-2006, 06:47 PM

really :eek: wow thats all freaky

M2A^AKIB^
10-24-2006, 09:10 PM
has anyone said Mecca or medina so far?:? !

amirah_87
10-24-2006, 09:12 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Yeah, I said Saudi Arabia in general! :)

S_87
10-24-2006, 09:14 PM

yh and i think saudia goes without saying anyhow :)

Hajar
10-24-2006, 09:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

yh and i think saudia goes without saying anyhow :)

yeah i agree with you on that one..mashaAllah would love to go there! :)

Muezzin
10-24-2006, 09:19 PM
I bet some paranoid BNP member is reading this thread and worrying about all the tourist destinations that could potentially be bombed by 'Islamic extremists'. Still, at least it will mean less chavs next time you go on holiday. :p

BlissfullyJaded
10-25-2006, 02:56 AM

I used to like the idea of Egypt, but not really into there anymore. If it were calmer politically, I'd like visiting India, Yemen, Spain, Syria, and Afghanistan.

Although after having been to Makkah and Madeenah, I don't really feel like travelling anywhere else. :hiding:

muzna
10-25-2006, 02:22 PM
i guess makkah and medina arent tourist destinations though they are our favourite places in the world

bluesky
10-25-2006, 02:26 PM
EGYPT!!!!!
i :love: it
been once and its just SO beautiful

Fishman
10-25-2006, 02:29 PM
Anywhere with a volcano...

Salmaan
10-25-2006, 04:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Anywhere with a volcano...
Indonesia :thumbs_up :hiding:

Salmaan
10-25-2006, 04:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ya Mustafa
has anyone said Mecca or medina so far?:? !

They are NOT tourist destinations.
They are the holy cities where Muslims go to perform pilgrimage.

I am asking about tourist destinations, where would you go to enjoy your break....for a camp, outing, travelling, to spend vacations or any other tour....:)

Salmaan
10-25-2006, 04:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
^ I've heard some people claim that thats where Shaytaans throne is seated .....

we seek Allah's refuge from the outcast shaytan. aameen !

According to science, The Bermuda Triangle is the spot where there is a lot of gravity.....I am not sure.....but it is something related to gravity....or may be there is a lot of fog.....mist....may be the weather there is very bad there....:-\

Allah knows best

Fishman
10-25-2006, 05:00 PM

we seek Allah's refuge from the outcast shaytan. aameen !

According to science, The Bermuda Triangle is the spot where there is a lot of gravity.....I am not sure.....but it is something related to gravity....or may be there is a lot of fog.....mist....may be the weather there is very bad there....:-\

Allah knows best
There is nothing special about the Bremuda Triangle, no more ships and planes vanish there than anywhere else. Bad weather which is common in these parts of the Atlantic is usually the cause of the 'disapearrances'.

Salmaan
10-25-2006, 05:12 PM
why is it called as The Bermuda Triangle ? :rollseyes

Fishman
10-25-2006, 05:22 PM
why is it called as The Bermuda Triangle ? :rollseyes
It's called the Bermuda Triangle because it is a triangular area of ocean with one of it's points located on the island of Bermuda. The other two points are in Peuta-Rico and Miami.
Some people believe that many ships mysteriously vanish from the triangle. However, when you look at the statistics, there are about the same amount of lost ships as any other area.

Salmaan
10-25-2006, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
It's called the Bermuda Triangle because it is a triangular area of ocean with one of it's points located on the island of Bermuda. The other two points are in Peuta-Rico and Miami.
Some people believe that many ships mysteriously vanish from the triangle. However, when you look at the statistics, there are about the same amount of lost ships as any other area.

triangular area of ocean....points.... :confused:
ocean is made up of water :rollseyes

Fishman
10-25-2006, 05:29 PM

triangular area of ocean....points.... :confused:
ocean is made up of water :rollseyes

Salmaan
10-25-2006, 05:38 PM
1. Why has an imaginary triangle been drawn there ?
2. Why is The Bermuda 'Triangle' ^^^ in that part of Atlantic Ocean?
3. Whats so special in that part?

Fishman
10-25-2006, 07:32 PM
3. Whats so special in that part?
Some people think that ships and planes mysteriously disappear inside the Bermuda triangle. But loads of ships and planes go though it every year unharmed.

Salmaan
10-26-2006, 07:55 AM

Fishman, what about the answers to the other two questions :?
:rollseyes.....:uuh: jazakallah, I got the answer....you mentioned above about why it is called Bermuda Triangle....that answers the other two questions as well...:)
jazakallah :peace:

Muezzin
10-26-2006, 09:53 AM
Let's not get sidetracked into discussing the Bermuda Triangle at too much length, otherwise I'll send you there. :)

(note: not really)

Salmaan
10-26-2006, 11:12 AM
^^ lol :peace:

Nobody has mentioned South American countries like Brazil, Argentina, Chile as their tourist destinations :rollseyes

Fishman
10-26-2006, 11:23 AM
^^ lol :peace:

Nobody has mentioned South American countries like Brazil, Argentina, Chile as their tourist destinations :rollseyes
There is a big Soda lake (lake of really salty water, more slaty than the Dead Sea) in Peru called lake Poopo. Flamingos nest there, and every year they migrate out of it. But some of the flamingo chicks stand in the water too long, and a big lump of salt crystalises around their legs, which means they can't move properly and die.

Salmaan
10-26-2006, 11:26 AM

soda lake is more salty thad Dead Sea :uuh:...so do we float there as well...:?

Fishman
10-26-2006, 11:29 AM

soda lake is more salty thad Dead Sea :uuh:...so do we float there as well...:?
You probably would float on it, but it would probably poison you as well. The only things that live in Soda lakes are bacteria and flamingoes. I have no idea why flamingoes like them so much, since they are usually toxic.

Some soda lakes, such as lake Natron in Africa, have so many bacteria in them that they are blood red.

Ferrari1981
11-24-2006, 12:56 AM
Salaam

Where would I like to go?

1) Africa
- Egypt to see the Great Pyramids

2) America
- Canada to check up whats the hype there
- USA one of my dreams

3) Asia-Pacific
- China to trade my business with
- Hong Kong to sightsee
- Indonesia to see the big Muslim population and sight see!
- Singapore to sight-see and I hear their airline is superb!
- Japan to see their way of life

4) Europe
- France to see how Paris supposes to be romantic!
- Italy to see my home of Ferraris
- Turkey to visit the Blue Mosque
- Switzerland to open up a secret Swiss account

5) Middle East
- UAE to visit my beloved Emirate of Dubai/Sharjah and live there forever
- Saudi to go on my journey to Hajj Inshallah with my future wife!
- Bahrain to watch F1 live there I hear itأs nice
- Qatar & Morocco to meet some historic areas
- Syria to visit Damascus apart of Islam
- Palestine to visit the DOME and Al-Aqsa Mosque

6) South Asia
- India to visit Surat in Gujarat!

I would also like to visit TIBET the ROOF of the World

Oh and travel the world in 80 days, Iأve always wanted to do that ... my father has already done it so Id like to follow in his footsteps (except he travelled in a Jeep convey around the world)!

Ma'assalaama

Farooq

I pray Allah (swt) blesses us with happiness, protects and guides us, and grants us a place in Jannah. Ameen

Tania
11-24-2006, 02:53 PM
I would not advise anyone to try to travel from China to Tibet because they could get unwated images.
I would like to visit Malaysia :) its a beautiful country and it seems they tried hard to mentain and protect what do they have - its our only chance to mentain the health of our Earth.

Tania
11-25-2006, 12:08 PM
I would like also to see in my country the Danube - delta:
i wanted always to see the water birds and plants (trees)

and the pelicans :)

lolwatever
11-25-2006, 12:10 PM

i just wish i hav a house on some empty (crystal clean) coast far away n hav air delivery of my day to day needs lol.

Malaikah
11-25-2006, 12:12 PM

Jannah!! Need I say more? :D

lolwatever
11-25-2006, 12:13 PM

:omg: so tru. inshalah i get there ameen :D

Tania
11-25-2006, 12:16 PM
This thread is great - we can dream with open eyes:statisfie . I think i wish to see a polar bear too, like this one:

Malaikah
11-25-2006, 12:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ferrari1981
- France to see how Paris supposes to be romantic!

I think youre confusing 'romance' with sinners:rollseyes

I pray Allah (swt) blesses us with happiness, protects and guides us, and grants us a place in Jannah. Ameen
AMEEN!

format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
:omg: so tru. inshalah i get there ameen :D
Oi! What about the rest of us? lol

Tania
11-25-2006, 12:18 PM

but the brother asked on Earth what do you wish to see :-[

lolwatever
11-25-2006, 12:19 PM

AMEEN!

Oi! What about the rest of us? lol
first worry about me then we'll think about everyone else :p

nah lol jk!.. ameen all of us! but u know... in my case the sins :-\ may allah 4giv us all ameen!

lolwatever
11-25-2006, 12:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
yeh but when u mention jannah, u just cant help think 'stuff it all, as long as my duas are accepted and i get jannah im happy watever i endup with'

may Allah guide u to Islam n grant u jannah too ;)

all the best! :D

Tania
11-25-2006, 12:27 PM
A romantic place is Taj Mahal - which shows the fact are men which can love a woman :)

Malaikah
11-25-2006, 12:29 PM
A romantic place is Taj Mahal - which shows the fact are men which can love a woman :)
I'm sure Paris isnt known for that kind of romance! :happy:

lolwatever
11-25-2006, 12:31 PM
^ :lol:

Tania
11-25-2006, 12:33 PM
I'm sure Paris isnt known for that kind of romance! :happy:
I want to see Taj Mahal too :)

Yasmine018
11-25-2006, 12:38 PM
I wanna do world tours :shade::p

Tania
11-25-2006, 12:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yasmine018
I wanna do world tours :shade::p
I think you don't want too much :giggling:

Malaikah
11-25-2006, 12:43 PM
Ah well ok. Just to be on topic, I'd like to go anywhere with near perfect beaches!!!!!! The Caribbean for example, mashaallah so nice!

lolwatever
11-25-2006, 12:48 PM
Ah well ok. Just to be on topic, I'd like to go anywhere with near perfect beaches!!!!!! The Caribbean for example, mashaallah so nice!
playgerizer :raging:

sister_fatimah
11-25-2006, 06:14 PM
I wanna go to medinah :love: and makkah with my husband inshalah
later to somalia, chechnya, palestine, magrib, and finally go to a solitary beach to swim !!!!:statisfie

BlissfullyJaded
11-25-2006, 06:59 PM

*Threads Merged*

Ferrari1981
11-25-2006, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Labibah

*Threads Merged*
:offended:

Can you put my thread as the first one? It makes more sense...

PLEASE imsad

Maimunah
11-25-2006, 09:36 PM
i wish to see makah, madinah, the pyramids in egypt and malaysia:)

wasalaam

Sis_ReNa
11-25-2006, 09:43 PM
salam wlakaum wa rahmatuAllah wa barkatoh,

I would love to travel the world with my family, see ever bit of it with the ones i love. to see the exsprion on my families face to see the wounders, the beauity, joys of the world. it would be ..............................i dont have words. huge dream of mine. but the frist place i would go . Is Makkah if i ever can i would at least want to be in makkah and do hajj with all of my family. my mom , daughter,sister, and inshAllah my husband when Allah blesses me with one.

Pygoscelis
11-26-2006, 07:47 AM
I've got 3 places I've always wanted to visit.

Australia, Japan, and Antarctica.

I want to see Antarctica the most.

Younus
11-26-2006, 09:38 AM

Bermuda Triangle is the place I would like to go.

Curious girl2
12-21-2006, 10:18 PM
If you could visit any country in the world tommorow (muslim or not) where would you go?

Other than Mekkah and Medina of course, I would like to visit Iran and somewhere in Africa (for the wildlife/scenary).

Peace CG

Sabbir_1
12-21-2006, 10:46 PM
I would go to china.. learn kung fu... become a kund fu master.and egypt,, i wanna see the pyramids...

Curious girl2
12-21-2006, 10:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khalil27
I would go to china.. learn kung fu... become a kund fu master.and egypt,, i wanna see the pyramids...

Do you do martial arts? I do karate, which I know some people dont agree with islamically. However my sensei agreed that I dont bow and I also wear a sports Hijab with my gi.

Another place I would like to see is not exactly a country, but under the sea. Places so far down that havent been discovered yet if you know what I mean.

Peace CG

- Qatada -
12-21-2006, 10:52 PM
:salamext:

I would like to go spain, to andalusia [al andalus] or cordoba.. because there was so much islamic history which took place there.

Curious girl2
12-21-2006, 10:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
:salamext:

I would like to go spain, to andalusia [al andalus] or cordoba.. because there was so much islamic history which took place there.

I lived in Madrid for 10 years, from about 6 months old onwards. I cant remember that much about it to be honest now. But I'd like to go back sometime.

Peace CG

Sabbir_1
12-21-2006, 10:58 PM
no i dont know kung fu, but after watching a lot fo jacki chan, bruce lee, and jet li films. i wanna learn how to fight like that.... actually forget it. gonna take yrs to learn..

''I do karate,'
cool karate girl..

under sea, yh that would be nice.... its like another world there..

Sabbir_1
12-21-2006, 11:03 PM
''would like to go spain, to andalusia [al andalus] or cordoba''

yh i would love to go there.. andalusisa.... amazing muslim arcitecture. the buildings and mosques.. subhanallah..

Curious girl2
12-21-2006, 11:05 PM
no i dont know kung fu, but after watching a lot fo jacki chan, bruce lee, and jet li films. i wanna learn how to fight like that.... actually forget it. gonna take yrs to learn..

''I do karate,'
cool karate girl..

under sea, yh that would be nice.... its like another world there..
There is nothing wrong with wanting to learn! It does take a long time, I've been training for 2 years nearly and I'm going for my purple belt next. I should have been going for it a couple of weeks ago but I managed to fall down stairs and break a rib................ (yeah I know, fell down stairs - broke a rib, do karate - no major injuries so far inshallah!). But if you want to learn it, go for it. Its very good for dicipline and self control.

Peace CG

Sabbir_1
12-21-2006, 11:11 PM
2 yrs,, you can become a hafiz in 2 years.. . karate is gd for dicipline and all i agree wid u on dat, but u aint hardly ever gone use the kung fu on anyone... only for self defence and the you'll probably get knocked out.. cuz ur opponant might be better and stronger than u..

ill just learn my kung fu from the films..lol

BlissfullyJaded
12-21-2006, 11:14 PM
*Threads Merged*

Curious girl2
12-21-2006, 11:18 PM
2 yrs,, you can become a hafiz in 2 years.. . karate is gd for dicipline and all i agree wid u on dat, but u aint hardly ever gone use the kung fu on anyone... only for self defence and the you'll probably get knocked out.. cuz ur opponant might be better and stronger than u..

ill just learn my kung fu from the films..lol
Ah you see thats the point of karate and martial arts in general. You are meant to learn it for defensive purposes only. We do learn attacking stances etc, but we have to have a licence, which if we use karate outside the dojo (training hall) for anything other than defence, then we can have the licence withdrawn.

Peace CG

ps. sorry mods for off topic posts - thought I'd better apologise before I get my hands slapped!

Al-Hanbali
12-21-2006, 11:30 PM

Well Egypt would be a place I would like to visit, to see the monuments of the ancient egyption civilisation, if it wasnt for the government.

It would also be interesting to visit all the battlefields where the Prophet (SAW) and sahabahs fought. :)

Makkah and Madinah aref irst choice, even though they are not tourist destinations. The atmosphere is just great there. :)

New_Muslim
12-22-2006, 12:01 AM
Makkah( of course) and Palestine. And I have a Bosnian friend I would like to visit in Bosnia.

umm-sulaim
01-06-2007, 11:32 PM
wow.....umm well after the haramayn I'd wanna go home n travel all over somalia...then i'd wanna go to Indonesia n visit my teacher, n Malaysia (breathtakin') n china then okinawa to see them deep sea divers that live till 100...a tour of the far-east would be lovely and all of asia actually :D

wassalaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!