Its importance and virtues for all of us
In The Name Of Allah, Most Gracious, Most MercifulAyat-ul-Kursi is described as the greatest Ayah in the Quraan.
"Allah! None has the right to be worshipped but He, the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists. Neither slumber nor sleep overtakes Him. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His permission? He know what happens to them (His creatures) in this world, and what will happen to them in the Hereafter. and they will never compass anything of His Knowledge except that which He wills. His Kursi extends over the heavens and the earth, and He feels no fatigue in guarding and preserving them. And He is the Most High, the Most Great." Surah Al-Baqarah Ayat Al-Kursi (v.255)
Imam Ahmad(R.A.) recorded that 'Ubayy bin Ka'b(R.A.) said that the Prophet (sallallahu alaiyhi wassallam) asked him about the greatest Ayah in the Book of Allah, and 'Ubayy answered "Allah and his Messenger know better." When the Prophet(sallallahu alaiyhi wassallam) repeated his question serveral times, Ubayy(R.A.) said "Ayat-ul-Kursi" The Prophet(sallallahu alaiyhi wassallam) commented, "Congratulations for having knowledge, O Abu Al-Mundhir! By He in whose Hand is my soul! this Ayah has a tongue and two lips which praises the King (Allah) next to the leg of the throne." [Ahmad 5:14] [Muslim 1:556 ]
VIRTUES OF AYATUL KURSI:
- This is the most lofty Ayat of the Qur'an -e-Kareem.
- That is the chief Ayat of the Qura'an-e-Kareem.
- The reader is protected from the evil effects of Jinn from morning till evening and from evening until morning.
- It is from the threshold of the Arsh(Throne).
- It is equal to a quarter of the Qur'an(in reward).
- Whoever recites after the Fard salaat will be protected until the next salaat and reciting it constantly was done by the Nabi, Siddique or martyr and only death is the barrier between the reader and Jannat(Paradise).
- Blowing it upon food and drink brings blessings and abundance.
- It is greater(in value) than the skies, earth, Jannat and Jahannam.
- Whosoever reads it upon entering the home, satan flees from that home.
- The reciter, his children, home, wealth, property and the homes of his neighbours are safe.
- Whosoever reads it together with the last Ayats of Surah Baqarah, shaytaan does not enter his home for three days.
- The Jinn cannot open any utensil upon which it is read.
- In it is the Ism Azam(Blessed name of Allah; through which the invokers duaa is fulfilled).
- When reciting it whilst retiring to one's sleeping place, one is protected until the morning. Two Angels are deputed to protect that person.
- Whosoever recites it after every Fard salaat, will be rewarded with a grateful heart, a remembering tongue, the reward of being martyred in the path of Allah, and will also be rewarded like the Siddiques.
- When one reads it and blows on his possessions and goods, then shaytaan will not come near.