/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should I go?

AnonymousPoster
11-24-2006, 05:40 PM
:sl:

There is this event, Islamic talk and I've got a feeling it might be mixed. Even if it's not mixed and segregated, most likely there will be more sisters than brothers :embarrass

The topic is good and interesting though and applies to both brothers and sisters.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
rubiesand
11-24-2006, 06:42 PM
Go, and lower your gaze.

The Ruler
11-24-2006, 06:45 PM

will it be broadcasted on anything?...like radio/tv or anything?...or maybe you can ask a male member of your family to go and record it for you or something :?

:w:

Hijaabi22
11-24-2006, 07:28 PM
give us more info! GO MANNN

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
-Shakirah-
11-24-2006, 08:30 PM
I think you already know the answer yourself: look deep in your heart, and listen to that nagging feeling (i speak from experience...) If you think It will 'ok' then go. But if you think your attention will divert toward the sisters then think twice!
hope that helps.peace

Helena
11-24-2006, 09:35 PM

personally when i attend islamic events...... am only going for Allah(swt) to expand further knowledge in islam and feel the unity of the muslim ummah...

....just lower ur gaze inshAllah...huh its mix?....its suppose to be a islamic event rite?.....meant to be segregated rite?.....

well jus hang around with ur fellow brothers inshAllah......

BlissfullyJaded
11-24-2006, 10:31 PM

You're not sure it'll be mixed, right? Isn't there a number you can call, or somebody you can e-mail, to find out for sure if it will be mixed.

Go with what you feel right about. If you're certain you can lower your gaze, and avoid any fitnah, then go and take what is good from the event. If you feel it being mixed will cause a problem, then not going will be better for you, so just stay home and listen to some lectures from the internet or something.

Personally I wouldn't go, just because I feel uncomfortable with mixed gatherings. :hiding:

Hijaabi22
11-24-2006, 10:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -Shakirah-
I think you already know the answer yourself: look deep in your heart, and listen to that nagging feeling (i speak from experience...) If you think It will 'ok' then go. But if you think your attention will divert toward the sisters then think twice!
hope that helps.peace
ohhhhh is it a guy speakin??? if its a talk thats more beneficial to the sisters then y wud u wanna go in da first place lol i hate goin2 events that are aimed at the bros i find em borin

AnonymousPoster
11-25-2006, 12:00 AM
I went but then left. Seemed full (arrived late) and mixed, and lots of sisters waiting around. Talk was aimed at both genders. Speaker was a guy too.

I did phone, but the guy didn't know the venue so couldn't say.

Malaikah
11-25-2006, 03:58 AM

If it is mixed, dont they get the guys and girl to just sit in different places anyway? :? If so, why is it a problem?

Dawud_uk
11-25-2006, 11:00 AM
assalaamu alaykum,

if mixed then dont go, if segregated then go. if you think segregated but you get there and it is mixed then call people to leave the place and when no one else will come with you then leave.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

limitless
11-25-2006, 03:52 PM

Brother, it is good to avoid mixed events; however their are expections. In my workplace I see and work with many sisters even muslims, but I never look or talk to them in a "flirt" type of way. I talk to them from point to point that is relevant to work, nothing else. As long as your intentions aren't in a "flirt" or in a dirty way, you will be fine. In other words, lower your gaze. That is how I deal with temptations that I face everyday of my life!

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!