/* */

PDA

View Full Version : malcolm x

mohammed farah
11-24-2006, 09:37 PM
i know he was part of the nation of islam but then turned to a sunni muslim, but if he was a muslim why was hes funeral held at the Faith Temple Church of God in Christ (now Child's Memorial Temple Church of God in Christ) and not like a normal islamic funeral.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M2A^AKIB^
11-25-2006, 12:23 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_X#Nation_of_Islam

it doesn't say why! i didn't know this myself b4 anyway. thanks for pointing this out! :)

Hijrah
11-25-2006, 12:24 AM
yea, that's what i find strange, even more there was an imaam involved too, I don't know why he didn't speak against it

H4RUN
11-25-2006, 01:23 PM
:sl:
indeed i also wondered if he turned into a sunni muslim, as Muhammad ALi did, who also was part of the 'nation of islam' well whenever they wanted him! They suspended him a few times, and then got told you may carry on being a Muslim! Thing is he never stopped being a Muslim :)....short while later he left the nation, and was a conventional sunni Muslim, and still is:)
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
11-26-2006, 06:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mohammed farah
i know he was part of the nation of islam but then turned to a sunni muslim, but if he was a muslim why was hes funeral held at the Faith Temple Church of God in Christ (now Child's Memorial Temple Church of God in Christ) and not like a normal islamic funeral.
Perhaps his family, though they also presumably became Sunni, arranged the funeral in this way? I doubt he had time to make arrangements for his own funeral while he was alive.

mohammed farah
11-26-2006, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Perhaps his family, though they also presumably became Sunni, arranged the funeral in this way? I doubt he had time to make arrangements for his own funeral while he was alive.
but his wife was a muslim

Umar001
11-26-2006, 07:38 PM
Awww man

H4RUN
11-26-2006, 08:07 PM
Come to think of it, im dot too sure, but i don't think Malcolm had the chance to become a Sunni Muslim and laeve the nation, because he got shot at a lecture of some kind was it not? Was that not lecture whilst he was part of the nation?...then again he did change names ...Mailk Shahbaz or something, then again so did Ali but later turned Sunni...

IbnAbdulHakim
11-26-2006, 08:12 PM
wats weird is i always thought he was a christian, infact i never knew he was muslim till a few months back subhanAllah and then after that i started thinkin how many more great personalities were muslim but the public kept it on the low? subhanAllah give me 3 more months i'll b hearin dat ghandi is muslim

Muezzin
11-26-2006, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN
Come to think of it, im dot too sure, but i don't think Malcolm had the chance to become a Sunni Muslim and laeve the nation, because he got shot at a lecture of some kind was it not? Was that not lecture whilst he was part of the nation?...then again he did change names ...Mailk Shahbaz or something, then again so did Ali but later turned Sunni...
No, he was no longer part of the Nation of Islam when he was assassinated. After he went on Hajj, he became a Sunni Muslim.

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
wats weird is i always thought he was a christian, infact i never knew he was muslim till a few months back subhanAllah and then after that i started thinkin how many more great personalities were muslim but the public kept it on the low?
Dude, I don't think the public was 'keeping it on the low', I just think you perhaps needed to do more research into the area. ;) Check out the Autobiography of Malcolm X. Great read.

subhanAllah give me 3 more months i'll b hearin dat ghandi is muslim
He was Hindu, mate. :p

IbnAbdulHakim
11-26-2006, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

He was Hindu, mate. :p
but i heard he use to pray five times a day :eek: not sayin his muslim but subhanAllah thats somethin man ! most muslims wudnt even do that !

but think about it, Alexander the great, how many people would think of him as a musliM?

Fishman
11-26-2006, 08:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
but i heard he use to pray five times a day :eek: not sayin his muslim but subhanAllah thats somethin man ! most muslims wudnt even do that !

but think about it, Alexander the great, how many people would think of him as a musliM?
Just before you say so, I doubt Alexander the 'Great' was the good explorer (can't remember his name) that the Quran talks about. The man who found Gog and Magog was a pious believer who loved God. Alexander was a deranged, possibly gay drunkard. He did love his god, but unfortunately that 'god' was himself. There is no connection between the man in the Quranic narration and Alexander the Great.

Skillganon
11-26-2006, 08:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Just before you say so, I doubt Alexander the 'Great' was the good explorer (can't remember his name) that the Quran talks about. The man who found Gog and Magog was a pious believer who loved God. Alexander was a deranged, possibly gay drunkard. He did love his god, but unfortunately that 'god' was himself. There is no connection between the man in the Quranic narration and Alexander the Great.
Neither do I. Your quite apt in surmising that. Who ever Dul qurnain was it still remain uncomfirmed, and probably will.

Muezzin
11-26-2006, 08:38 PM
Let's not get sidetracked into discussing Alexander the Great, mmkay?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.