/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is this pic real or fake?

FBI
11-25-2006, 01:00 AM
:sl:

Hi, there I'm sure most of you have seen pictures of the rock in sujood! I was just wondering is this just someone playing around with photoshop or does this rock actually exist and if so where is it located?

http://www.miraclesofislam.com/rocksajdah.shtml

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sis_ReNa
11-25-2006, 01:02 AM
salam walkaum wa rahmatuAllah wa barkatoh,
I woundered that my self

lolwatever
11-25-2006, 01:12 AM
looks too natural to me :)
subhanallah :)

there's a photo of a trea in rokoo'3 and that pic was around like since a decade ago.... way b4 fotoshop could do ne such photorealistic designs.

salams

M2A^AKIB^
11-25-2006, 01:48 AM
looks pretty real to me!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
11-25-2006, 02:02 AM
If that is a copy of an old photograph, it is a no longer existing rock formation that was off the coast of California. I forgot the exact location but the local people had nicknamed it "Jump OFF Joe" as to them it looked like a man that had jumped off a nearby cliff.

The more I look at the more I believe that is it. However, it was finaly destroyed after one of California's Earthquakes.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-25-2006, 02:13 AM
I wondered it too. Which brings up a question. Which way is it facing? :D
If its anything like the tree one lol.

Woodrow
11-25-2006, 02:18 AM
I made 2 error Jump off Joe is off the coast of Oregon not California and it is erosion not an earthquake that destroyed it. If that picture is jump off joe here it is today from the opposite side.

That picture posted in the opening post looks like I remember it as from years ago. The formation was made off soft sandstone and only lasted about 50 years.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-25-2006, 02:34 AM
It looks too small. Either thats part of it or it's not the same thing.

Malaikah
11-25-2006, 03:38 AM

Am I the only one who thinks it just looks like a rock? :?

there's a photo of a trea in rokoo'3 and that pic was around like since a decade ago.... way b4 fotoshop could do ne such photorealistic designs.
Yeh, that tree was really convincing. My uncle has a picture of it in his house.

lolwatever
11-25-2006, 03:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

Yeh, that tree was really convincing. My uncle has a picture of it in his house.
lol well the end bit look like legs, n the front looks like head... adn the main body looks a bit like the back :?

:w:

M2A^AKIB^
11-25-2006, 03:52 AM
yea the tree is just:uuh: ............sooo................:uuh: amazing!!!

Woodrow
11-25-2006, 06:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
It looks too small. Either thats part of it or it's not the same thing.
In the pic I posted that is all that remains of Jump off Joe. That would be roughly what is left of the legs. In a few more years that will also be gone.

I could be wrong. But that picture in the first post post looks like what I remember Jump off Joe looking like. I can not find any pics of what it looked like about 30 or 40 years ago.

If "Jump off Joe" was the pic in the original post. Yes, that was a natural rock formation.

For the person who was wondering as to in which direction it was facing. It was facing out into the Pacific Ocean. From Oregon that would be Westerly. It could possibly have been facing South West. I'm not too certain if SW would be the shortest route from the Oregon coast to Makkah. Here in Austin, the shortest route is 43 Degree NE.

FBI
11-25-2006, 11:40 AM

Thanks for the comments guys, also is their any documentation such as geography reports or newspaper articales which could act as proof of it's existance would come in handy.

*KB*
11-25-2006, 01:01 PM
salam
just found post and wud like to say it my just be nature :?
there's an idea!
wasalam
*KB*
:coolious:
:rose:

Pk_#2
11-25-2006, 01:05 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

it looks quite realistic, :)

the tree's jus awesome thou :D

youngsister
11-25-2006, 01:59 PM
:sl: Is the tree one real???:ooh: If it is where is it? How come people dont talk about it that much lol is amazing!!!!!!:w:

Woodrow
11-25-2006, 02:13 PM
There are a number of natural formations that are quite amasing. Oddly enough now that I have accepted Islam, they all look like Muslims to me.

While it was up "The Old Man of the Mountains" in New Hampshire was quite interesting. But it collapsed a couple of years ago.

from this link: http://www.nh.gov/oldman/

Trivia: Sonny Bono actually thought that the carved formation " Mount Rushmore" was a natuaral formation.

youngsister
11-25-2006, 02:17 PM
:sl: Sorry, but whats so special about that mountain lol:w:

Kittygyal
11-25-2006, 02:17 PM
Assalmualikum warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

Allah Hu A3lim!

do me a favour remember me in your Du3'ah, shukran

walikumassalm warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

Yasmine018
11-25-2006, 02:27 PM
The rock seems like a body doing sajdah. It seems sooo real. In my country there is a mountain with a head, it's called Peter Both Mountain. Well there is a "soi-disant" legend of that mountain. Allah only knows the ultimate truth!

Woodrow
11-25-2006, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by youngsister
:sl: Sorry, but whats so special about that mountain lol:w:
Nothing special. Just posted it to show that Allah(swt) does produce natural wonders. It seems there was some question as to if the very first picture was a natural formation. It was/is wonders do occur all over the world. allah(swt) constantly sends us reminders.

Of course there are those that will say that these natural wonders are just random events. However, it strikes me as odd that they only seem to last a few hundred years and erode away, but, new ones form some place at about the same rate the old ones vanish. to me that does not seem to be random chance.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-25-2006, 07:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
In the pic I posted that is all that remains of Jump off Joe. That would be roughly what is left of the legs. In a few more years that will also be gone.

I could be wrong. But that picture in the first post post looks like what I remember Jump off Joe looking like. I can not find any pics of what it looked like about 30 or 40 years ago.

If "Jump off Joe" was the pic in the original post. Yes, that was a natural rock formation.

For the person who was wondering as to in which direction it was facing. It was facing out into the Pacific Ocean. From Oregon that would be Westerly. It could possibly have been facing South West. I'm not too certain if SW would be the shortest route from the Oregon coast to Makkah. Here in Austin, the shortest route is 43 Degree NE.
lol i asked the direction brother :)

mohammed farah
11-25-2006, 07:59 PM
how did you put up a pic on your post

lolwatever
11-26-2006, 12:00 AM
go2 www.imageshack.us then upload ur pic there, it will giv u a 'hotlink' to copy paste here :D

mohammed farah
11-26-2006, 09:53 AM
thanks

Younus
11-26-2006, 10:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI

Hi, there I'm sure most of you have seen pictures of the rock in sujood! I was just wondering is this just someone playing around with photoshop or does this rock actually exist and if so where is it located?

http://www.miraclesofislam.com/rocksajdah.shtml

Why do you think that anyone would make a fake picture of that rock in sujood ? What will they gain by doing so ?

That rock is 101 % real I believe !

And just the picture showing the sujood of the rock does not mean that only that rock is in sujood and praising Allah.

In fact, all the rocks, all the trees, all the stars, everything submits to Allah !

Except the kaafirs, all that is in the heavens, all that is in the earths, all that is between them, all beg to Allah and praise and glorify Him.

Allah is not in need of the creation, but the creation is in need of Allah.

Allah knows best.

syilla
11-26-2006, 10:43 AM

This is a Pregnant Maiden Lake. It is suppose to look like a pregnant lady...hehe

lolwatever
11-26-2006, 10:44 AM
huh lol i c no lady dere lol, non the less... interesting site... i just hope das not see weeds das on those hills :offended:

Younus
11-26-2006, 10:44 AM
^^ Can you explain ? I do not find that lake looking like a pregnant lady.

syilla
11-26-2006, 10:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
huh lol i c no lady dere lol, non the less... interesting site... i just hope das not see weeds das on those hills :offended:
actually nm has been there...he said if you look closely it does look like a pregnant lady... :confused:

i've not been there...:embarrass

Malaikah
11-26-2006, 11:57 AM

Syilla, I googled the lake mashaallah its so nice! But I think who ever named it has too much imagination, I cant see how it looks like a pregnant lady!:p

Kittygyal
11-26-2006, 12:01 PM

Allah Hu A3lim, maybe it does if you closely look && go there, some pictures do have an effect on them in wise :p

i would say Allah Hu A3lim

Muezzin
11-26-2006, 06:01 PM
Please stick to the topic everyone.

Keltoi
11-26-2006, 06:15 PM
I think this is just a case of seeing what one wants to see, sort of like of Catholics who see the Virgin Mary on a cookie or an oil spill.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-26-2006, 07:39 PM
Sometimes yes and sometimes no lol.

Umar001
11-26-2006, 07:43 PM
But honestly, isn't the rock doing sujud wrong? I mean it's 'arms' are in the sea they should be raised, shouldnt they?

lolwatever
11-26-2006, 08:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
But honestly, isn't the rock doing sujud wrong? I mean it's 'arms' are in the sea they should be raised, shouldnt they?
:lol: das not the point :D

Kittygyal
11-26-2006, 08:38 PM

you know what all day i have been thinking there not real Allah Hu A3lim maybe satan is telling me to think like that :cry:

but i don't know i have got this feeling they aint :X

Allah Hu A3lim

lolwatever
11-27-2006, 08:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal

you know what all day i have been thinking there not real Allah Hu A3lim maybe satan is telling me to think like that :cry:

but i don't know i have got this feeling they aint :X

Allah Hu A3lim

could be.. but its really unlikely... i think i'm pretty ok at picking out wats fake from wats not...

wat diff does it make i guess.. we got enough miracles in the quran!

how do u always get that same end of ur message? im starting to think u hav some auto script?! (ok ihope farhan dont c this :X he called me lazy bugger on chat :cry:)

SirZubair
11-27-2006, 09:07 AM

No..
:)

lolwatever
11-27-2006, 09:18 AM

help ?:D

Malaikah
11-27-2006, 09:20 AM

LOL! I still think its being a little optimistic though.

Anyway, the fact that the rock exists in the first place it proof enough of Gods existence. We dont need to see it get up and start praying to believe. :D

lolwatever
11-27-2006, 09:28 AM

LOL! I still think its being a little optimistic though.

Anyway, the fact that the rock exists in the first place it proof enough of Gods existence. We dont need to see it get up and start praying to believe. :D

tru but i'm just spinning out ppl couldn't pick it out....
not that it's like the greatest and only miracle that exists related to islam..

the sea amazes me more :D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-28-2006, 12:31 AM
err its too obvious, no? Sure is =D

syilla
11-28-2006, 12:39 AM

Rock formation in Bako National Park. Sarawak, Malaysia.

i'm not sure what it looks like though...hehe

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-28-2006, 12:40 AM
i cant see it...:?
heyy ur on here but not online :D jking lol

asma2
12-24-2006, 07:43 PM
its so amazing masha'allah:laugh: :statisfie
is it true has any1 seen it
:?

Kittygyal
12-24-2006, 07:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
could be.. but its really unlikely... i think i'm pretty ok at picking out wats fake from wats not...

wat diff does it make i guess.. we got enough miracles in the quran!

how do u always get that same end of ur message? im starting to think u hav some auto script?! (ok ihope farhan dont c this :X he called me lazy bugger on chat :cry:)

Assalmualikum Warhmathullahi Warbarakathuhu

Akhi i said "Allah hu alim", && Na'am there's enough miracles in the most beloved Book the QURA'AN subhnallah, so if it aint fake or true then i dunno only Allah subahnwtallah knows :)

like i said before ALLAH HU ALIM

Ma'assalama

aqonsi
12-24-2006, 07:52 PM
whats so amazing about that?

have you ever seen clouds?

Kittygyal
12-24-2006, 07:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aqonsi
whats so amazing about that?

have you ever seen clouds?

have you ever seen clouds :blind:

lol it's amazing beacuse it says "ALLAH" in them :rollseyes, tis a miracle subhanallah, ALLAH HU ALIM

Ma'assalama

aqonsi
12-24-2006, 07:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal

have you ever seen clouds :blind:

lol it's amazing beacuse it says "ALLAH" in them :rollseyes, tis a miracle subhanallah, ALLAH HU ALIM

Ma'assalama

lool allahu akbar,

all im saying is we don't need these types of things to make us believe.

becuase i have seen lets of things that look like other things. so what if one happens to look like someone praying.

:rollseyes :rollseyes :rollseyes :rollseyes :? :? :? :?

Kittygyal
12-24-2006, 08:00 PM
lool allahu akbar,

all im saying is we don't need these types of things to make us believe.

becuase i have seen lets of things that look like other things. so what if one happens to look like someone praying.

:rollseyes :rollseyes :rollseyes :rollseyes :? :? :? :?
Assalmualikum Warhmathullahi Warbrakathuhu
come on Akhi a tree praying doing sujood a miracle but am not sure if they are fake or true walahi i am not sure thats why if you read my previous post to "Lolwteva" i even said to him "allah Knows best", but remember there's lots of miracles in Qura'an :)
Ma'assalama

aqonsi
12-24-2006, 08:06 PM
lets not :argue:

:D :D

netprince
12-24-2006, 08:11 PM
Heres a few pics of "Jump Off Joe" before the erosion kicked in and destroyed the formation. Maybe the angles are all wrong but these pics look nothing like the original post..

1890:
http://walrus.wr.usgs.gov/pubinfo/images/1890.gif

1910:
http://walrus.wr.usgs.gov/pubinfo/images/1910.gif

http://walrus.wr.usgs.gov/pubinfo/images/1920.gif

1970:
http://walrus.wr.usgs.gov/pubinfo/images/1970.gif

Kittygyal
12-24-2006, 08:13 PM
lets not :argue:

:D :D

hold on Akhi no one is arguing inshallah, we are Akhi && Ukthi's in Islam after all :)

Ma'assalama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.