/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should I get Rid of It?

AnonymousPoster
11-25-2006, 01:01 PM
:sl:

I turned to Islam in the past year, and the situation is that at times, alhamdulillah, my Iman is really high and I fell very good about myself, but eventually what happens is I do something bad and I feel terrible about myself, what should I do to maintain a high Iman?

Another thing is, I used to listen to Music, and I have a large CD collection, should I get rid of all of it because I was thinking if I leave any haraam aspects with me, it could be a bad influence, so what should I do trash the CD's?!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yasmine018
11-25-2006, 01:32 PM

Yea sister/ brother, I think that you should throw all the CDs. Having them with you will urge you sometimes to listen to them. And as all of us know, where there is music, that is disobediant of Allah, Shaitaan will definitely participate in that.

About your other problem, I would like to tell you to forget about the past matters and focus on the present to look forward in the future. Continue to do your Ibadaats and never try to think over past matters:).

:w:

syilla
11-25-2006, 03:10 PM
you don't have to throw it...you can do a jumbo sale for the non-muslims

Sis_ReNa
11-25-2006, 03:18 PM
toss them .. cus you dont want to spread what you you belive is haram to other people you will be concider a hyprocrite. we are suppose to call non muslims to islam, not fule their ignorents

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hijrah
11-25-2006, 03:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
you don't have to throw it...you can do a jumbo sale for the non-muslims
Not very good when it comes to Da'wah, remember we are Muslims and are supposed to set a good example

Wallahu A3lam

amirah_87
11-25-2006, 03:25 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Well said sis_rena, sister syilla we were commanded to help one another in righteousness and piety and not in sin and rancour.
(see the end of verse-2 in Al-Maa'edah).

Throw your Music CDs away Anon, May Allah give you the thabaat in doing so!

Sis_ReNa
11-25-2006, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester

I turned to Islam in the past year, and the situation is that at times, alhamdulillah, my Iman is really high and I fell very good about myself, but eventually what happens is I do something bad and I feel terrible about myself, what should I do to maintain a high Iman?

Another thing is, I used to listen to Music, and I have a large CD collection, should I get rid of all of it because I was thinking if I leave any haraam aspects with me, it could be a bad influence, so what should I do trash the CD's?!
keep practicing islam, seek refuge in Allah, keep your prayers, allways ask forgivness. just keep doing it, remeber your new . we are human . tho that is not a exscuss to do bad things.. but we cant know everything (being a converted muslim) at once. even tho we want to . With time. and sabr (paitcents) we will be the muslims that he intended. Just keep seeking refuge in Allah.

AnonymousPoster
11-25-2006, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sis_ReNa
keep practicing islam, seek refuge in Allah, keep your prayers, allways ask forgivness. just keep doing it, remeber your new . we are human . tho that is not a exscuss to do bad things.. but we cant know everything (being a converted muslim) at once. even tho we want to . With time. and sabr (paitcents) we will be the muslims that he intended. Just keep seeking refuge in Allah.
no, I'm not a convert, when I mean turning to Islam, I mean caring about the deen more...I used to not care about Islam at all, that's what I mean

syilla
11-25-2006, 03:33 PM
well...i guess all of you are right...

i remember there is one hadith...about a sahabah received a silk robe...and prophet (pbuh) said is okay for him to sell it

maybe someone can help me with the hadith

Hijrah
11-25-2006, 03:35 PM
well...i guess all of you are right...

i remember there is one hadith...about a sahabah received a silk robe...and prophet (pbuh) said is okay for him to sell it

maybe someone can help me with the hadith
women can wear silk...but either way, we are in these kuffaar countries for da'wah, or at least we should be and even if selling these are permissible, it is always better to set an example

Abu Ibraheem
11-25-2006, 03:35 PM
Salaams i suggest something better, sell them at a 2nd hand cd shop and give the money to charity . wasalams

Hijrah
11-25-2006, 03:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Ibraheem
Salaams i suggest something better, sell them at a 2nd hand cd shop and give the money to charity . wasalams
hmmm...would this work out? daleel anyone?

syilla
11-25-2006, 03:37 PM
^^^they said it is not permissable

The Ruler
11-25-2006, 04:00 PM

dont know if anyone has suggested this...but you could sell them and then give the money to charity :happy: :thumbs_up

and about the imaan thingy, you could try reading, listening to the Qur'anic recitations :happy:

josein
11-27-2006, 08:39 PM

Salalalikum

Just throw away the cds, About a year ago I had music cds and after I found out that is haram I threw them away with confidence because music will distract you away from Allah SWT. And I feel happy that I threw them away.

Please throw the music cds away and make Allah SWT happy.

Malaikah
11-30-2006, 07:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Glacier*+
dont know if anyone has suggested this...but you could sell them and then give the money to charity :happy: :thumbs_up

I dont think thats a good idea because people will then use them for evil.

Just trash them inshaallah.

north_malaysian
11-30-2006, 07:38 AM
You can draw something on the cd and sell it as a handicraft.... I've seen many of it in Central Market, Kuala Lumpur.

syilla
11-30-2006, 09:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
You can draw something on the cd and sell it as a handicraft.... I've seen many of it in Central Market, Kuala Lumpur.
yeah good idea...

to recycle is much better...more environment friendly...

we throw enough rubbish on this earth

------
11-30-2006, 09:30 AM
edit

------
11-30-2006, 09:30 AM
[banana]THROW THEM OUT! THROW THEM OUT![/banana]

The Ruler
11-30-2006, 09:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese
I dont think thats a good idea because people will then use them for evil.

Just trash them inshaallah.
not really...you can sell it to a non-muslim...or sell it to a CD shop...its not really going to make a difference...because you can get them CDs anyway

11-30-2006, 09:36 AM
^Yep make sure you destroy them coz giving them to someone means that you'll carry on getting the bad deeds for others listening to music even if you've stopped. Go for it inshallah and don't let the shaitan stop you! :)

The Ruler
11-30-2006, 09:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rose_Ice
^Yep make sure you destroy them coz giving them to someone means that you'll carry on getting the bad deeds for others listening to music even if you've stopped. Go for it inshallah and don't let the shaitan stop you! :)
ok i guess destruction is the best idea...i like breaking CDs...if you need help...you am here *waves*

Mateen
11-30-2006, 09:51 AM
Salam,

the best advice I can give is to live one day at a time.

Daily Islamic Goals{Minimum}

1. Pray 5 times a day at proper times{ in congregation for men},
2. Read atleast few ayats {3-5} of Holy Quran with meaning.
3. Help someone with Islamic teaching, either through this forum or at home.

Wassalam.

Mateen
11-30-2006, 09:53 AM
SALAM,

And dont worry about past errors. To err is Human. Do your best only for today and the rest of your life will take care of itself.

Wassalam.

north_malaysian
11-30-2006, 09:54 AM
yeah good idea...

to recycle is much better...more environment friendly...

we throw enough rubbish on this earth
I want to give you reps... but... I've to spread it to others first!!!

(Hutang 2 kali dah hari ini!!!)
(I owe you twice for today!!!)

Muhammad
12-02-2006, 03:57 PM
Question:

I have repented. But in my possession are some of the forbidden things such as musical instruments, cassettes, films etc. Is it permissible for me to sell them, particularly since they are worth a large amount?

Answer:

Sale of such banned articles is not permissible in Islam. The Prophet

(peace be upon him) said: “When Allah forbids a thing then He forbids its price (as well).” (i.e., its sale/purchase/trading.) [Abu Dawood, and it is sahih] Also you know well that whomever you sell it to will use it in a forbidden act; thus, it is not permissible for you to sell it to him as Allah has prohibited this in commanding us: laa ta-‘aawanu ala al-ithmi wal-‘udwaan.” (a translation of the meaning being ‘do not assist one another in sins and enmity')

And no matter how much you lose in worldly wealth, have faith that what is in store with Allah is worthier and longer lasting. He will compensate you with His grace, and His favor and His generosity.

Excerpted from the book I Want to Repent but

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=36&ln=eng

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!