/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Which Paper Do You Think Gives The Most Accurate Depiction of Muslims and Islam?

kelle_mk
11-27-2006, 03:04 PM
Hello, Please can you reply to this poll.

This is for an assignment I'm am writing at University to find out the differences of muslim representation in the nationals and local papers with referance to the veil debate.I'm going to say that the media is very biased. I'm trying to find out if regional papers are less biased because they are closer to the community.

Could you please let me now how you think national papers differ to local papers when covering issues such as the veil debate?

Is there a large Islamic community in your area? Do you think it affects coverage?

If you have any other general views on how Islam and Muslims are misrepresented in the media then I would be more than happy to hear your views!

Please can you include you Name, Age and Location in you comments,
Thank You Ever So Much,
If you have any questions i will be more than happy to answer!

Thanks Again, Kelle xxx:happy: :muslimah: :thankyou:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
TheMachine
11-27-2006, 05:04 PM
Best: islamonline.net

I dont live in the UK, so sorry I cant help you at the polls :(. BBC is fair and balanced IMO tho.

Dahir
11-27-2006, 10:12 PM
For England I say The Guardian. For the US I say the New York Times.

*Worst is the Los Angeles Times*

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.