/* */

PDA

View Full Version : the best gift to your children

Ahmed
11-27-2006, 07:00 PM
Do you agree with this statement:

The best gift that a parent can give to their children is happiness and education.

Peace!!!!!!!!!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
01-05-2007, 10:21 AM
correct me if im wrong.. but i think the hadith says 'the best gift a parent can giv 2 his kids is good manners'

its soooo long ago since i heard it so i cant really pin down the source from memory.

salamz :D

ps: coz hapiness doesnt necessarily mean the kids will be good or of use 2 society if they're happy at other ppls expense, similarly education can be a disaster if they dont use their knowledge properly :) but good manners results in hapiness as well as making proper use of the knowledge they learn :)

ZAYD
01-05-2007, 10:32 AM
Good manners and an Islamic education!

lolwatever
01-05-2007, 10:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ash19
yep i agree :) good example is when that dad came to Umar complainin about his kid n the kid was like

'but my dad gave me a cactus name, didnt teach me nething about Islam...'

n then Umar told the dad 'you where bad to him b4 he was bad 2u'

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MinAhlilHadeeth
01-05-2007, 10:43 AM
:salamext:

Agreed. I think that is an obligation though.

Curious girl2
01-05-2007, 02:13 PM
Unconditional love.

Peace CG

01-05-2007, 02:20 PM
it is the right of every child that their parents give them:
a good name
i think the second is education :?
a good husband

digitalmoon
01-05-2007, 03:11 PM
i think faith and islamic manners ... clear mind to be able to discuss proper any case

Jayda
01-05-2007, 03:13 PM
hola,

i think education and happiness are wonderful things parents should give their children but i think the best blessing from where all others flow is baptism...

Dios te bendiga

skhalid
01-05-2007, 09:00 PM
YP YP...I think that is what all the Islamic children need from their parents...without the need of asking!!!

Malaikah
01-06-2007, 03:59 AM
:sl:

The best gift that a parent can give to their children is happiness and education.
No way! They might be happy but their happiness might be coming from haram. :X And education is obviously good but not the best thing a parent can give!

Islam, and their supplications... that's the best for me.

classicalislam
01-06-2007, 04:26 AM
ilam

Nuseyba bintkab
01-06-2007, 12:15 PM
true i like it

syilla
01-06-2007, 01:22 PM
:sl:

i think the best gift is to be able to teach kids to love Allah subhanahuwata'la - with that they'll be able to know how merciful Allah subhanahuwata'ala is and be grateful all the time. and with that too they'll wbe optimistic and have positive thinking and InshaAllah he will be a great person one day. InshaAllah he will gain success in dunya and the hereafter.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.