/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Controversial Issues

Hijrah
11-27-2006, 09:27 PM
Am I the only one that whenever you learn something in Islam, find a hadith that is a way disturbs you, it just bothers you, and your question needs to be answered??? This happens to me all the time, it doesn't lower my iman or nothing but i was just wondering how do other people deal with it..

:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umar001
11-27-2006, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hijrah
Am I the only one that whenever you learn something in Islam, find a hadith that is a way disturbs you, it just bothers you, and your question needs to be answered??? This happens to me all the time, it doesn't lower my iman or nothing but i was just wondering how do other people deal with it..

Assalamu Aleykum,

When I became Muslim, I had not come online and seen all the 'anti-islamic' websites, I had learned Islaam from people, anyhow, I became Muslim and then the college summer holiday hit, so I found myself out of contact with other Muslims in my day to day life because college was where I would normally meet them, so I went online, on yahoo, the chat rooms and I was hit day after day, now bare in mind I was a baby Muslim less than 3 weeks old, and I was hit again and again, Islaam is this and Islaam is that, Muhammad (peace beu pon him) did this and Muhammad (peace be upon him) did that, and I didn't have noone to refer it too, but after a while I learned more and more and you slowly start to see that, as I think scholars says, the cure to doubt is knowledge.

Anyhow, I understand you said it doesn't lower your imaan but you want to have your questions answered, I have that too, I mean I do wonder sometimes, 'is this real' or 'what does this mean' but personally I have learned that when knowledge comes, what has happended in the past is that, questions, search for knowledge, find answers. So, so far thats how I go from day to day.

I think that makes sense.

Malaikah
11-28-2006, 11:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
the cure to doubt is knowledge.

:thumbs_up MashaAllah I agree.

lolwatever
11-28-2006, 12:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hijrah

ask dude :D
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
11-28-2006, 12:01 PM
yea but it gets hard when you keep askin everyone like crazy about slavery in islam but no-one answers me. its all about sabr, i been waitin for weeks now for my answer lol the questions about women slaves...

but bro like the brother said, its all about seeking the knowledge mashaAllah :)

Musaafirah
11-28-2006, 12:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
yea but it gets hard when you keep askin everyone like crazy about slavery in islam but no-one answers me. its all about sabr, i been waitin for weeks now for my answer lol the questions about women slaves...

but bro like the brother said, its all about seeking the knowledge mashaAllah :)
I don't know if I'm answering your question or not bro..but I read in a book, that Islam didn't completely abolish slavery, there was a reason I guess. But I just don't get what the thing is about women slaves "those whom your right hand possesses"..(I think!)..I'm wondering if that's the same thing you don't get as well :uuh:

IbnAbdulHakim
11-28-2006, 12:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
I don't know if I'm answering your question or not bro..but I read in a book, that Islam didn't completely abolish slavery, there was a reason I guess. But I just don't get what the thing is about women slaves "those whom your right hand possesses"..(I think!)..I'm wondering if that's the same thing you don't get as well :uuh:
ye, i mean how come you get to hav *:statisfie * before marriage with them, i guess its just one of those things that we gotta hear n obey... even though i would have loved to understand it and feel 100% comfy wiv it like everything else...

Musaafirah
11-28-2006, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
ye, i mean how come you get to hav *:statisfie * before marriage with them, i guess its just one of those things that we gotta hear n obey... even though i would have loved to understand it and feel 100% comfy wiv it like everything else...
All the same, I guess in this kind of society we live in..it just seems wrong?!
Well, I personally don't feel comfy with the idea..and I guess it has something to with the fact that the norm is different according to the era, place etc right?

IbnAbdulHakim
11-28-2006, 12:19 PM
i dont know, i kept trying to put myself in the shoes of the arabs and like understand why that act wasnt completely abolished and the only thing i could think of was that they needed maids and perhaps it would have caused fitnah or something or.... i really am confused :(

Musaafirah
11-28-2006, 12:24 PM
Well..seeing as I'm a girl... I don't see the good in it at all! Anyway, have you put up a thread about that here or anything? Maybe some other people on this forum may know the answer? Or maybe have some sources for this? Or maybe we can hope for other people to read this thread?!

Umar001
11-28-2006, 12:38 PM
Assalamu aleykum,
I also forgot to mention, alot of the time when I see stuff that makes me think 'what!?' I do ask myself is it something that changes that validity of Islam, and of course I know it isn't.

Like for a example, theres a hadeeth which I saw in my early days of Islaam, this thread reminded me of it, it says that someone saw monkeys gathering around another monkey and stoning it because it had commited adultery. When I read that I was like what?? I still don't get it.

Sometimes I just think that probability tells me that all my questions so far have been asnwered so I see no point in stressing over a minor thing, and I also think that other people, scholars have come accross it and they have accepted it, so I mean if they have then it cant be that bad of a thing. If that makes sense.

Anyhow, Eesa.

Ansar Al-'Adl
11-28-2006, 04:19 PM
:sl:Many of these issues mentioned have been addressed in great detail:
http://www.islamicboard.com/refutati...ave-girls.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/217237-post84.html

As for the topic of this thread - I don't think it is so much that you have rational objections that need to be answered, but I think it is more than you are just in a general troubled state of mind and are subject to irraional uncertainty caused by Satan. This is a stage many people progress through before they achieve a stable understanding of the truth. I would recommend reading the seerah of the Prophet Muhammad saws, the best is by Adil Salahi, and when you finish the book you will feel very different from before and you will have an unbreakable attachment to the best of creation.

Hijrah
11-28-2006, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
:sl:Many of these issues mentioned have been addressed in great detail:
http://www.islamicboard.com/refutati...ave-girls.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/217237-post84.html

As for the topic of this thread - I don't think it is so much that you have rational objections that need to be answered, but I think it is more than you are just in a general troubled state of mind and are subject to irraional uncertainty caused by Satan. This is a stage many people progress through before they achieve a stable understanding of the truth. I would recommend reading the seerah of the Prophet Muhammad saws, the best is by Adil Salahi, and when you finish the book you will feel very different from before and you will have an unbreakable attachment to the best of creation.

I read Ar-Raheeq Al-Makhtum, I guess it didn't suffice for me then, I'll have to check out that book

As for asking, outside the internet, your questions are usually answered and I have only done that once, I mean I don't want to go up to the Imaam and ask him something that would make him almost want to beat me to death (exaggerating)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.