/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A reminder for my sisters wearing the Hijaab!!!

Pinkrose
06-30-2005, 07:08 PM
:sl:

I am not sure if this was already posted but it is an article i found at this website!! I just wanted to share so we all know and won't go astray!! I hope it helps!! :D

A reminder for my sisters wearing the Hijab

Does hijab only mean covering ones hair?

This is a reminder for my sisters who Allah has guided and wore hijab, but they are still wearing tight clothes.

My dearest sister, Alhamdulilah you have wore Hijab and covered your hair, we ask Allah to guide you always and support you. However we just wanted to remind you sister that proper covering cannot be achieved by wearing tight or transparent clothes.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said:

There will be in the last days of my Ummah (nation), women who are dressed and undressed. Curse them: they are accursed. (At-Tabarani)

Abu Hurairah related that the Prophet (peace be upon him) referred to:

... women who are naked even though they are wearing clothes, go astray and make others go astray, and they will not enter paradise nor smell its fragrance, although it can be smelt from afar. (at-Tabarani)

The dressed and undressed women are those who wear transparent or very tight clothes, or clothes which are cut in such a way that they expose the body. Such clothes reveal more than they conceal. The Prophet said:

Belief and the sense of shame are tied together; if one is lost, the other is lost. (Al-Hakim)

It should be noted that a woman should wear a loose over-garment for offering prayer. It should cover her whole body (as far as going out) and should be such that it conceals the shape of her arms and legs, as well as that of the rest of her body.

:w: :sister:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Yoosuf
06-30-2005, 07:13 PM
Wa Alaikumussalaam

Good you brought that up. Yeah some sisters think that Islam is just to cover the hair!...May Allah guide them and us. Theres more to the Hijab then just the hair, our character, manners etc is also important.

Pinkrose
06-30-2005, 07:18 PM

Ameen!!
Thats true sis!!
I have seen many muslim sisters here who where pants that are so tight and shirts that are so tight with a small hijaab!! Subhanallah!! If their gonna dress like that then they might as well just take the hijaab off instead of giving us a bad name you know?!!

Halima
06-30-2005, 07:20 PM
Salaam Sisters :)

Sister Pinkrose, I really love that article it's so inspirational alhamdulilah :applaud:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pinkrose
06-30-2005, 07:26 PM

Jazaakalah sis Halima!!
I am glad you liked it!!

:w:

Halima
06-30-2005, 07:39 PM

Sister Pinkrose.......... :rose: *standing ovation*

from sister halima

Angel24
06-30-2005, 08:01 PM
Masha'Allah a great article sister pinkrose....and u are absolutely right.....i have seen those kind of girls tooo...i mean i say to myself that either don't wear hijab or don't wear tight clothes......
May Allah (swt) help sister around the world.......
Ameen....

Akhira
06-30-2005, 08:22 PM
mashallah sister great post :thumbs_up

Pinkrose
07-01-2005, 02:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima

Sister Pinkrose.......... :wilted_ro *standing ovation*

from sister halima

May i ask what that means? :-[ :-[

Halima
07-01-2005, 04:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pinkrose

May i ask what that means? :-[ :-[

Standing ovation is when a person bows to another person for respect.

Pinkrose
07-01-2005, 10:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima
Standing ovation is when a person bows to another person for respect.

Jazaakalah sis Halima!! :sister:
I am really glad!!

Ansar Al-'Adl
07-01-2005, 02:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
is it ???
I thought it means to get up[n stand] just to show respect :brother:
not to bow down ???
Yes, it does NOT mean to bow down. It means to stand up and clap.

Halima
07-04-2005, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
Yes, it does NOT mean to bow down. It means to stand up and clap.

Well, same thing :rolleyes:

Umm Yoosuf
07-05-2005, 02:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pinkrose

Ameen!!
Thats true sis!!
I have seen many muslim sisters here who where pants that are so tight and shirts that are so tight with a small hijaab!! Subhanallah!! If their gonna dress like that then they might as well just take the hijaab off instead of giving us a bad name you know?!!

hehehehe u in the USA or somthing?...Normally we call it trouses or jeans :p

I seen sister on the bus laughing so loudly...making all sort of noise! Subhanallah!

I guess it's all due to lack of understanding innit!

shararti
07-05-2005, 04:50 PM
i dunno about other countries but in england u see girls n i mean muslim girls wearing a scarf so tight around the neck and their clothes neck line is left uncovered
not only doz the face look FAT but it shows the awrah

now a days dresses
astagfirullah

Pinkrose
07-05-2005, 06:40 PM

Subhanallah!! I mean i think to myself...."Don't they even care"....."Don't they know what punishment is waiting for them!!" Subhanallah it's sooooooo aggravating to see Muslim sisters acting and dressing this way!! Don't they know that when they immitate the kufar and like what they like they are kufar!!? Cuz' the prophet :arabic5: said whoever imitates a group will be raised among them!!
There is nothing much i can do but to make dua!! May Allah guide us all!! ameen!!
:'( :zip:

Pure Imaan
05-02-2006, 01:11 AM
Good post sista

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.