/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pak-Saudi military co-operation

Goku
11-28-2006, 05:31 PM
BAHAWALPUR: The Pakistan Army and the Royal Saudi Land Forces (RSFL) on Monday kicked off a three-week long joint military exercise programme.

Under the framework of “AL-SAMSAAM-2” (Sharp Sword), a mechanised RSFL contingent was scheduled to carry out operations alongside armour, infantry, artillery and air defence divisions of the Pakistan Army. Sources from both sides said that the joint exercise programme would further enhance mutual cooperation and understanding. online
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...11-2006_pg7_21

Good start, more co-operation within Muslim countries is better.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bittersteel
11-28-2006, 06:16 PM
yes.good news.

Fishman
11-28-2006, 06:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Emir Aziz
yes.good news.
:sl:
Depends. If Paakistan had a nuclear exchange with India, a lot more people would die than in an exchange between the UK and the USSR. This new move could be considered provocational by India.

And Paakistan and Saudi are not the most Islamic countries either...
:w:

Goku
11-28-2006, 06:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Depends. If Paakistan had a nuclear exchange with India, a lot more people would die than in an exchange between the UK and the USSR. This new move could be considered provocational by India.

And Paakistan and Saudi are not the most Islamic countries either...

Pakistan is part of an international Brotherhood of Muslims, Muslim nations. Unity between Muslim nations needs to increase, small steps are the building steps of foundation. Pakistan will not and should take heed if India has any objections.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
waji
11-28-2006, 07:10 PM

Pakistan and India just made A-bombs to scare each other not use it on each other,as they know that if they used it their land will also get effected u know the names of their missile had some history significance
Prithvi(Prithiviraj one of indianking ruler in 1200 A.D) Indian missile and
Ghori (Muhammad Shahabud din Ghori how defeated Prithviraj) Pakistan missile

But i tell u one thing Pakistan's missile is much better then india

Islamicboy
11-29-2006, 10:32 PM
So what are pakistani and saudi government doing now. Uniting there military so they can kill more muslims?

Dahir
11-29-2006, 11:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamicboy
So what are pakistani and saudi government doing now. Uniting there military so they can kill more muslims?
Excellent point. :-\

Woodrow
11-29-2006, 11:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamicboy
I would prefer to see the opportunity for this to be a positive thing. It is just a matter of time before the US pulls out of Iraq. When that happens there is a need for a strong Islamic influence to be able to assure safety for the Iraqi citizens. A coalition of Saudi and Pakistani could bring stability to the region and keep Iraq from falling further into chaos and anarchy.

The problem the mideast has, is there has never been any unity among the Islamic countries. A coalition of the 2 largest Muslim populations in the region could go a long way to bringing peace and stability.

Keltoi
11-29-2006, 11:09 PM
I think a better foundation of "Muslim unity" would be two Muslim nations getting together to improve the lives of their people. Somehow I wouldn't think two nations getting together for a military exercise is an example of some positive move toward "unity".

Keltoi
11-29-2006, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I would prefer to see the opportunity for this to be a positive thing. It is just a matter of time before the US pulls out of Iraq. When that happens there is a need for a strong Islamic influence to be able to assure safety for the Iraqi citizens. A coalition of Saudi and Pakistani could bring stability to the region and keep Iraq from falling further into chaos and anarchy.

The problem the mideast has, is there has never been any unity among the Islamic countries. A coalition of the 2 largest Muslim populations in the region could go a long way to bringing peace and stability.
Iran does and will continue to have more influence in Iraq than Pakistan or the Saudi Kingdom. Also, there is a strong Islamic influence in Iraq under the direction of Al-Sadr and his roaming bands of death squads. Yes, I know, that isn't Islamic, but he is a cleric...even if he did kill many of the rival clerics who disagreed with him.

Woodrow
11-29-2006, 11:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
I think a better foundation of "Muslim unity" would be two Muslim nations getting together to improve the lives of their people. Somehow I wouldn't think two nations getting together for a military exercise is an example of some positive move toward "unity".
Joint military operations can lead to peace. It gives the participating parties a mutual respect of each other's abilities.

Yes, it can be used for the wrong reason. I may be too optimistic. Yet, I prefer to be optimistic until proven wrong.

Keltoi
11-29-2006, 11:17 PM
Joint military operations can lead to peace. It gives the participating parties a mutual respect of each other's abilities.

Yes, it can be used for the wrong reason. I may be too optimistic. Yet, I prefer to be optimistic until proven wrong.
Yeah I know, I'm feeling pessimistic or something today. Maybe it's the winter storm about to pound me.

Woodrow
11-29-2006, 11:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Yeah I know, I'm feeling pessimistic or something today. Maybe it's the winter storm about to pound me.
Yep, the gray skies do lead to pessimism.

I am also looking a bit further in this Pak-Saud cooperation. It is also historicaly important. This will be the first time in a long time that there has been unification between an Arab nation and a non-Arab Nation.

Both countries can benefit and the region can benefit by seeing cooperation is possible.

Islamicboy
11-30-2006, 09:58 PM

Saudi arabian Government doesnt care for Iraq. Everytime CIA or FBI accuse saudi arabia of wrong doing or helping terrorist they just go out and kill few innocent muslim put few behind bars. Pakistan recently bombed a islamic school to make usa happy. these countries dont care for iraq all they care about is them living a luxury life.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.