/* */

PDA

View Full Version : herd of Pigs kill...

AHMED_GUREY
11-29-2006, 03:30 PM
http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/DEL281133.htm

i never knew these things were so dangerous to small kids

i feel for the mother who saw it with her own eyes:cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
11-29-2006, 04:22 PM
Pigs can be quite vicious and dangerous. A lot depends on the species of pig. There are several thousand species of pigs and they vary considerably in size, shape, habits etc. You have the tiny "Nesting pigs" of Fiji that are not much bigger than a cat. Build a nest similar to a bird, chew a cud like a cow and are very docile, (also furry) then you have the "Russian Boars" Which are very lean, large in size, highly aggressive and are vicious carnivores.

the ones commanly raised by farmers will range somewhere between those. City folks seldom see a full grown pig. Pigs grow for about 3 years, if left to grow. Typicaly people that raise them for meat butcher them when they are about 3 months old and weigh 200 pounds. Most full grown pigs will out weigh a cow and are nearly 3 feet high at the shoulders.

the pigs that are typicaly raised by people can be very dangerous.

AHMED_GUREY
11-29-2006, 04:58 PM
yeah i remember seeing an adult when i was a kid in Holland when we visited a farm for a school project i was in a schock for a few seconds

i imagined them all to be like that small pig from that movie piggy in the city( or something like that)

but this incident is very sad :-\

Woodrow
11-29-2006, 05:06 PM
It is a very sad thing. As a kid I remember stories of pig farmers falling into pig pens and being killed. I also remember one story of a woman who killed her children by throwing them in a pig pen. That was something that happened in Lithuania in about the 1920's But people were still talking about it 20 years later, when I was a little kid.

Then again I've seen cattle ranchers killed by cows. Although the main difference is with cows it is the result of them being scared by something and panicking, not out of aggression.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umar001
11-29-2006, 05:11 PM
Dang there was a film where they fed this guy to pics Ewwww.

Look at these:

AHMED_GUREY
11-29-2006, 05:16 PM
woodrow if a person is killed by a Lion or a Shark it's still sad but it's not as schocking as when a person is killed by a farm animal

Woodrow
11-29-2006, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AHMED_GUREY
woodrow if a person is killed by a Lion or a Shark it's still sad but it's not as schocking as when a person is killed by a farm animal
Depends, if you grow up on a farm you soon learn that many farm animals are dangerous. Most farmers are aware of the dangers and usually at some point know they will be injured. If I recall correctly here in the US the most common farm deaths from live stock is from Dairy Cattle. Even being a Texan I am more afraid of an unbroken horse than of any wild animal I have ever seen.

Chickens also tend to scare me. Those can be some nasty mean birds. Never heard of anybody being killed by chickens tho. But, them rascals hurt.

I realise that most city folks are shocked and surprised when they discover that some farm animals can be quite dangerous. One reason is too many of todays farmers were not born on a farm, they are city folks who think they would enjoy farm life and go out and buy a farm with little knowledge.

AHMED_GUREY
11-29-2006, 05:39 PM
i don't want to laugh in this sad topic but that part about chickens was funny lol

isaAbdullah bro those things are giants :muddlehea

Nuseyba bintkab
11-29-2006, 05:42 PM
oh that is so sad i feel sorry for the family of the boy:(

Woodrow
11-29-2006, 06:03 PM
i don't want to laugh in this sad topic but that part about chickens was funny lol

isaAbdullah bro those things are giants :muddlehea
In reference to:

isaAbdullah bro those things are giants
Those are typical Feral Hogs. They are the offspring of domestic pigs that have escaped into the wild. They are big, vicious and will even hunt down deer. But, they are small compared to some of the larger pigs.

The largest pig recorded in history was Big Bill, a 5 foot high, 9 foot long Poland China hog, who weighed 2,552 pounds.
The source link is related to pig farming. Pork is Haram and I post this link for reference about size, not to promote pig farming.

Source: http://www.albertaporkcongress.com/htm2/trivia.html

Skillganon
11-29-2006, 06:04 PM
Pig's generally do tend to eat anything.

Umar001
11-29-2006, 06:11 PM

AHMED_GUREY
11-29-2006, 06:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Those are typical Feral Hogs. They are the offspring of domestic pigs that have escaped into the wild. They are big, vicious and will even hunt down deer. But, they are small compared to some of the larger pigs.
you seem to know a lot about farm animals woodrow did you grow up in a farm or close to one?

The largest pig recorded in history was Big Bill, a 5 foot high, 9 foot long Poland China hog, who weighed 2,552 pounds.
The source link is related to pig farming. Pork is Haram and I post this link for reference about size, not to promote pig farming.

Source: http://www.albertaporkcongress.com/htm2/trivia.html
An adult Lion weighs around 200 pounds this pig weighed as much as 10+ adult lions:haha:

Woodrow
11-29-2006, 06:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Pig's generally do tend to eat anything.
That is true. They were designed to be able to survive under all conditions and can adapt to nearly any diet and living environment. There are pigs on some Pacific islands that survive primarily on fish and actually swim to catch the abundant fish. There are pigs that have adapted to all vegetarian diets in areas that have little animal life. Plus the captive pigs that people raise are living garbage disposals and can live in extremely small quarters and eat any organic material thrown to them.

There are many justifications to be made as to why pork is haram. But, I think all we really need to know is, it is haram because Allah(swt) told us it is.

AHMED_GUREY
11-29-2006, 06:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah

:eek:

Woodrow
11-29-2006, 06:30 PM
you seem to know a lot about farm animals woodrow did you grow up in a farm or close to one?

An adult Lion weighs around 200 pounds this pig weighed as much as 10+ adult lions:haha:
Both, I grew up on a combination Dairy/vegetable farm. I started working odd jobs on neighbors farms until I was 14 years old and then went to work in Tobacco Fields (yes, Connecticut had large tobacco farms, until the 1950s) until I was 16 and got a job as a janitor in a meat market. That lasted until I went into the USAF

After I finaly retired from all productive work I had my own farm until last year.

Yes, before I reverted I did raise pigs so I am very familiar with them critters.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.