/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is Acounting/bookkeeping Halal?

Angelzz
11-30-2006, 05:27 AM
Salam Brothers and sisters,

Just wondering if any of you can clarify for me - if Accounting/bookkeeping job is Halal or not?

As far as my understanding is - they are halal - please correct me if im wrong

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
11-30-2006, 05:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Angelzz
Salam Brothers and sisters,

Just wondering if any of you can clarify for me - if Accounting/bookkeeping job is Halal or not?

As far as my understanding is - they are halal - please correct me if im wrong
salams sis :)

i think what's haram is to work in taxation departments, coz taxation in islam is haram n its 4bidden to work with it (e.g CPA)

but there's so many branches of accounting that are perfectly halal, like corporate accounting or finanical risk management or accounting derivatives etc....

working as a tax agent (like calcualting wat ppl hav 2 pay in tax and trying to minimise wat they hav to pay) is diff, i'm not going to say whether its halal or not coz i dotn wanna b held accountable, but yeh :)

take care all the best :)
salams

Angelzz
11-30-2006, 05:34 AM
Salam Brother - i was thinking more along the lines of helping small business owners with their finances (money coming in , going out, payroll etc)
I mean some may have loans etc but that i dont think plays a role as much.

Skillganon
11-30-2006, 05:41 AM
I think it is permissable. I try to find out.

Nothing is forbidden except what is already clearly forbiden.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Angelzz
11-30-2006, 05:42 AM
Thank you brother

lolwatever
11-30-2006, 05:47 AM
Salam Brother - i was thinking more along the lines of helping small business owners with their finances (money coming in , going out, payroll etc)
I mean some may have loans etc but that i dont think plays a role as much.
:sl:

oh yeh definately taht's halal sis :D i thought u whre talking about taxation stuff lol.

Islam definately encourages organisation and being precise, especially when it comes to business ;)

take care all the best!

Angelzz
11-30-2006, 05:53 AM
Thank you Brother - SubhanAllah this is such a great site and evryone is so helpful here MashaAllah

Skillganon
11-30-2006, 05:56 AM
Thank you brother
Assalamu Alaikum sis.

I said I think and I will try to find out. Their maybe certain element in this business that are haram, and certain thing maybe haram in certain condition.
Howeever you merely being a worker might not.
So hold on & don't be suprised if I don't find anything on the subject.

EDIT: I am Going to bed now.

Angelzz
11-30-2006, 06:10 AM
Thats ok brother - thank you for helping

lolwatever
11-30-2006, 06:13 AM
btw dont worry insahlah general bookkeeping n stuff is definatley halal there's nothign 2 prove otherwise, i think wat bro skill meant is for xample if someone i bookkeeping for an alchohol company or something den das not permissible.

but yeh, all the best :)

ive always liked accounting, too bad im not able to major in it :-\

:w:

north_malaysian
11-30-2006, 09:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon

EDIT: I am Going to bed now.
I AM WAKING YOU UP NOW!!! (by making noises!!!):rant:

lolwatever
11-30-2006, 10:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
I AM WAKING YOU UP NOW!!! (by making noises!!!):rant:
:sl:

das xactly y i disable email notifications :uuh: my comp makes huge beep that goes around the house when an email comes in :offended:

neway bak to topic :X

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.