/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Helping The Ummah

Snowflake
11-30-2006, 11:16 AM
:sl: a long introduction..but please read on...

I strictly believe that sometimes muslims want to change themselves for the better, but in some cases they need a little push in the right direction.

So I've written an article to help give them that little push inshaAllah. Although the article is aimed towards hijab for sisters, it involves brothers in the sense that they will be able to forward it to sisters around them. It may also make those brothers whose sisters do not observe hijab, to see the importance of it and give naseeha to their own family members.

Fortunately, wearing hijab isn't only of benefit to the wearer, but to the wider muslim community in general. The goal here is to bring muslims closer to their deen. Telling muslims the importance of hijab may seem a strange way to bring the ummah closer to deen. But it's a fact that if a muslim sister is wearing hijab, she is less likely to (if at all) be approached by the opposite sex with the wrong intentions or looking at her in a lustful manner. SubhanAllah by just observing the hijab she has reduced one element of fitnah.

The next point. Let's say hopefully a sister starts wearing hijab but isn't practicing. She will begin to question her islamic appearence and what she really is inside. In most cases she will begin to feel like a hypocrit and this realisation will cause her to feel guilty. Guilt is a wonderful thing in that it makes us face our mistakes. At this point, she may stop wearing the hijab, rather than become a fully fledged muslimah. But if we allow 'if' and 'buts' to hinder a good cause, we won't ever get anywhere. So we must focus on the good that can come out of our deeds.

From wearing hijab alone can arise the inclination to want to start learning more about Islam and the commands of Allah. A sister may want to know what the rewards for wearing hijab are. She may want to know more about the punishment and consequences for not wearing it. She may feel that now she is wearing hijab, she should be praying too. Whereas before she mixed freely with men, now she will feel uncomfortable with it. The hijab is like a uniform that is a reminder of our duty as muslims. Dress any man in combats and he will begin feeling/acting like a hero. Dress any woman in a floaty dress and she will begin feeling like a princess. Pull on a pair of trackie bottoms and joggers and you suddenly feel sporty - even if you're the laziest person on earth. Similarly, the hijab will make a muslimah feel more Islamic.

So the feeling has come. The chances are that now a muslimah will begin to seek knowledge which will strengthen her deen. She will begin to implement deen in her life and maybe even give naseeha to others. And even if she isn't yet married, she will be able to give her daughters the same gift when the time comes. All in all, from one single hijab will come many benefits for the muslim Ummah.

No one can change the whole world, but by making a little effort we can to some degree, improve the state of the Ummah. In that there is no doubt.

If one of these articles you give out brings fruition in it's aim then you may have helped change a whole generation to come. So even if one muslim benefits, and in turn their children/family/friends benefit from them, Allah will reward us for the outcome. Imagine it to be like a pyramid scheme, the more people join, the more profit you will earn.

We will take with us, what we leave behind. I intend to leave something good behind and although I could've done this on my own, I wish the same for my brothers and sisters. So please print out as many copies as you comfortably can and give them out where they're needed.

I wish you all the best and pray Allah accepts and rewards our little effort in this world and the here-after. Ameen.

the article....

WHY HIJAB?

Dear Sisters,

Alhumdulillah, many muslimahs strive to obey Allah’s commands in what He has made fardh (obligatory) upon us. They offer salah (namaz), fast in every Ramadhan, recite the Quran, give charity and hope to perform Hajj one day. Yet the one command that Allah has clearly stated in the Quran is often overlooked due to lack of Islamic knowledge but mainly so, out of vanity.

WHY is this fardh ignored and the rest adhered to? By not fulfilling other Islamic obligations we are not harming anyone but ourselves. But by NOT observing hijab we are not only harming ourselves but the WHOLE Ummah. Without the barrier of modesty that hijab reserves, we are guilty of allowing men to gaze upon us with lustful desires. Not only will they look at us, but we will feel less shame at looking at them and as a result open the doorway for fitnah to arise. A man is more likely to approach a sister without hijab for the wrong reasons than one who observes hijab. It is our identity as muslimahs who guard their modesty.

The hijab makes a statement of its own. It speaks for itself. It tells others that we obey Allah and His commands – So DO NOT approach us with lustful intentions. It tells others that we guard our modesty for the sake of Allah and do not want to be treated as objects of lust, but women rightfully worthy of respect and appreciation for our obedience to Allah.

My dear sisters, hijab is fardh at all times, not merely to attend religious gatherings or in the month of Ramadhan. Would we rather please the Shaytaan who will lead us to Hell-fire or please Allah our Creator who we will be answerable to on the Day of Judgment?

For those who understand, there is no need to give vast amount of references on the command to observe hijab and guarding modesty. For that the following two Quranic ayahs are enough:

"O Prophet, tell your wives and daughters and the believing women to draw their outer garments around them (when they go out or are among men). That is better in order that they may be known (to be Muslims) and not annoyed..." (Qur'an 33:59)

"Say to the believing man that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that will make for greater purity for them; and Allah is well acquainted with all that they do. And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; and that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what must ordinarily appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands..." (Qur'an 24:30-31)

As you see from the ayahs above, the hijab is not simply a piece of cloth to cover the head and body. But just as importantly it is also the manner in which we speak, behave and our conduct ourselves in public.The Quran was revealed to us for understanding so that we may learn from it. It is not to be read without understanding merely to gain reward. Of what use is that? There are many helpful books written on the detailed importance of hijab that are easily available from Islamic bookshops. Let’s contemplate on the good advice above, so that we may be from those whose faces are shining on the Day of Judgment inshaAllah.

"...Our Rabb (Only God and Sustainer) give us good in this world and good in the Hereafter. And save us from the torment of the Fire!" Quran (2:201)
Ameen.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

More articles later inshaAllah...

P.S. please feel free to change fonts etc when printing.. but please do not edit anything.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mateen
11-30-2006, 06:37 PM
Salam,

Nice article. In addition to practising ourselves we should enjoin good upon our friends and relatives.

I have a pact at home.
If I see someone not responding to Azan by preparing for prayers I tell them that everything they are doing is a complete waste of time and what will they answer Allah as an excuse.

Andif I do such a thing , my sister reminds me likewise.

If we keep some pressure on ourselves and others it becomes easier to follow Islam. Also dont forget keep muslim friends especially those who pray. Being with non-muslims will eventually make you forget your prayer timings.

Wassalam.

Snowflake
12-01-2006, 10:56 AM
JazakAllah khair.

I agree that we should remind each other of our duty to Allah. I said before sometimes a little push n shove can help someone in the right direction.
---
Regarding my wish for this article being printed by members of this forum, it doesn't seem to have attracted any support or co operation at all. I don't know why and at the end of the day it doesn't really matter.

What I do want to say is that I am not asking for co-operation for my sake but for Islam. I hope that personal reasons don't let people stop doing this good deed.

If anyone does print the article, can they let me know. If no one is going to bother then there is no point posting them here. I can find other venues. I don't see it as my loss at all.

Mateen
12-01-2006, 01:43 PM
Salam

You can post your article on article directories for a wider audience viewing.

Create a blog at wordpress.org and then link your article to your weblog.

Check articles at ezinearticles.com for more information.
Check

www.ezinearticles.com
www.articlecity.com
and check google.com for more article directories.

Wassalam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
learningislam
12-02-2006, 11:09 AM
:salamext:

sis....i hope you are doing fine inshaAllah.

If anyone does print the article, can they let me know.
well....sis i have decided to that inshaAllah.And it was not after reading your second post, but when i read the very first post.

Regarding my wish for this article being printed by members of this forum, it doesn't seem to have attracted any support or co operation at all. I don't know why and at the end of the day it doesn't really matter
sis....i thought telling that "i am doing it" would be like , well i was afraid of the Riya factor. I wanted to do it just for the sake of Allah, and to help Islam. I thought, if i would say that, may be i am trying to get the appreciation of the people.
Hope you get what i mean.... :hiding:

Then , when i read your post....i was like....hey, thats not the case.

If no one is going to bother then there is no point posting them here. I can find other venues. I don't see it as my loss at all.
sis......there may be ppl on this forum , who might be thinking about it......you never know. Your post was like a reminder.....and as you know ppl are really afraid to take the first step....but MashaAllah.....you did it. Just give us some time... and we will follow the good inshaAllah.

By the way, i have like 500 female students in my uni.......and inshaAllah...i will print out from them...
All are muslims.....but some are hijabis and some are not.

may Allah ALmighty Accept ur humble effort ....ameen

And dont let ur pen down.....okay :okay:

:wasalamex

p.s. 39 times this thread have been viewed so far. I am hopeful ....ur message is reaching out...and we will get plenty more muslims to help in this noble cause inshaAllah.

Snowflake
12-02-2006, 11:26 AM
salam mateen bro
^ thank you for the links. I'll post there too. But I really want to reach out to people who don't normally use the internet and probably don't even know how to. I am sure there are muslims who have never read an islamic book but have only learned what they have about islam as much as their parents knew, with half of it being cultural. Other than those who have entirely ditched the hijab there are for example....

pakistanis who wear the scarf.. a thin see through material that covers only half the head. From ignorance they perceive this way of covering the head highly respectful and islamic, while the clothes worn do not cover the awrah but rather enhance it. So inshaAllah..inshaAllah may Allah make this article beneficial for them.

wa alaikum aslam

Snowflake
12-02-2006, 12:06 PM
learningislam;582745]:salamext:

sis....i hope you are doing fine inshaAllah.

well....sis i have decided to that inshaAllah.And it was not after reading your second post, but when i read the very first post.
May Allah reward you.

sis....i thought telling that "i am doing it" would be like , well i was afraid of the Riya factor. I wanted to do it just for the sake of Allah, and to help Islam. I thought, if i would say that, may be i am trying to get the appreciation of the people.
Hope you get what i mean.... :hiding:
Then , when i read your post....i was like....hey, thats not the case.
Lol, getting one reply for 24 views on the forum did get me down. I felt my article wasn't powerful enough to give the message or that people just generally dislike me and don't bother with me. I am only human and not very confident so I do want encouragement and support - especially as this isn't for me but for Islam. I know what you mean about riya though, and for the same reason I did not write my name in the article. And I can assure you that by saying what you have you have just cheered me up and given me hope. And Allah knows our intentions..so why fear? :)

sis......there may be ppl on this forum , who might be thinking about it......you never know. Your post was like a reminder.....and as you know ppl are really afraid to take the first step....but MashaAllah.....you did it. Just give us some time... and we will follow the good inshaAllah.
true I don't know.. but I want to know lol. It's nice to be encouraged and unless I see some effect, I will think I am reaching out to the wrong people. Maybe it shouldn't but it made me feel sad.

By the way, i have like 500 female students in my uni.......and inshaAllah...i will print out from them...
All are muslims.....but some are hijabis and some are not.

may Allah ALmighty Accept ur humble effort ....ameen

dont let ur pen down.....okay :okay:
MashaAllah good on you sis! May Allah reward you abundantly. And don't worry I'll keep that pen scorching :statisfie

tnx sis u really cheered me up :wub:

so is anyone else going to print it out? :? ;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.