/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A change has begun......

-Shakirah-
11-30-2006, 11:40 AM
'Deep in my heart a change has begun,
Deep in my soul I feel the warmth of the sun,
Burning bright with Iman, on the road to Ehsaan
All my obsticles have been overcome..........'

Dearest friends,
I'm desparate to change myself for the better, but I don't know how to start. So i've decided to concentrate on one small change at a time and work upon it.
Pray for me that I be helped and guided by the Almighty.....

My main reason for posting this thread is so that I get support from other members too, by trying to do the same with their lives. We could try to change together...
For example i've learnt from past experiences that it's easier to fast in Ramadhan then at other times because everyone is fasting together, which makes it easier...
so i would be grateful if you could let me know what you are trying to change about yourself and how it's going so far.
For a while i've been trying to be punctual with my salah, and with Allah's mercy I don't find it as difficult as I used to. I also feel it's opened my heart to this desire for me to change.
At the moment i'm trying to watch everything I say before I say it and i'm quite surprised to find how much useless junk I like to chat, when I could be doing something better...
So please help me by encouraging me with your stories or advise.
peace

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
11-30-2006, 12:00 PM
Peace be upon Muhammad, mercy upon mankind (saws) !

mashaAllah sister, i pray Allah makes it easy for you inshaAllah ta'ala.
When i started changing i made one dua'a and it really feels like this dua'a helped a lot i used to ask Allah to allow me to love that which he loves and Allow me to hate that which he hates just for his pleasure.

So sister al-wala wal-bara (loving and hating for the sake of Allah swt) will inshaAllah help you overcome those steps. I mean think about it, if you love n hate for Allah you will only love good deeds and hate watchin bad shows on TV or listenin 2 music or acting wivout shame etc etc.

I pray all the ummah is guided upon siratul mustaqeem !!! AMEEN !

:salamext:

Malaikah
11-30-2006, 12:25 PM
:sl:

MashaAllah, may Allah swt make you strong in this task. :)

First thing first, get rid of as many sources of evil in your life, for example television, music and useless magazines, and replace them with good stuff. Removing these evil things important because they are major sources of corruption in these societies.

Replace T.V. with Islamic lectures. Replace music with the Quran and nasheeds (though without music). Replace novels/magazines with the Quran and Islamic books. Inshaallah this will make it easier for you to stay on the right path.

Just dont overwhelm yourself too much ok. Take things step by step as you said, expect for giving up the haram stuff, you should have the mentality of giving up all the haram asap, not step by step.

All the best!:)

:w:

-Shakirah-
11-30-2006, 01:52 PM
Thankyou for your posts and please keep praying for me.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Karimeldib
12-05-2006, 06:29 PM
You should try to put a timetable for yourself, one more good deed per week/day and one less bad one, in the hadeeth al qudsy "and my servent will not draw nearer to me with anything more than what i have made obligatory on them and they will continue to draw closer to me with the nawafil until I love them.."
May Allah bless us with His Love.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.