/* */

PDA

View Full Version : home remedies for blocked nose

nutty
11-30-2006, 05:08 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Does anyone have a home remedies for blocked nose I have tried so many remedies and they don't seem to work

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
11-30-2006, 07:15 PM
Eating chilli things seems to work for me.

Umar001
11-30-2006, 07:16 PM
Man I got a blocked nose for over two months now, its so wierd, it just wont go away, there are days wheres it kinda ok others where I have to breath hard its so wierd!!

H4RUN
11-30-2006, 07:26 PM
:sl:
Bro Jesus[Eesa]:D you ent sniffin the right stuff ;D Probably find some on a street corner:p...before anyone gets the wrong idea:p...i mean corner shop on a street:D and sniff erm vicks what else you think? :D
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umar001
11-30-2006, 07:30 PM
Assalamu Aleykum Akhi,

Yes I aint got no viks at home though, i've started taking some black seed oil now!

syilla
12-01-2006, 01:24 AM

some said you can try to put honey in your nose...

but i've never try that :hiding:

H4RUN
12-01-2006, 08:54 AM
:p in that case why not just shove a mint plant up your nose aswel:D see how well that goes when you walk down the street:D

learningislam
12-01-2006, 03:18 PM
:salamext:

bro......you can go and see a doc. there are nasal sprays which open up blocked nose......and its easy to breathe then. I used to have one, but then alhumdulillah....with sprays it would go fine.

:wasalamex

Muslim Knight
12-02-2006, 12:58 AM
Sometimes I take antihistamines but ignoring blocked nose just works fine with me. Without realizing it's gone!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-02-2006, 02:06 AM
Well my mom gives me Haldi(Turmeric) in milk lol, with sugar or honey of course! It tastes like blehh without it. Also you can take steam, you know boil the water, breath in breath out..:D The first one helps me better. I usually get bad allergies and i got sick twice recently. I think im allergic to my kittens :offended: I also got weezing too! Never in my life have i gotten that. Anways yea, thats all i know as of now lol.

Blakrose
12-02-2006, 09:14 AM
A steamy bathroom helps with a stuffed up nose. Just go in there, shut the door, and run the shower with hot water only, stay in there for as long as you can. I usually loosens everything up :) Also Vicks Vapour Rub (chest rub). Get a large bowl (like a fruit bowl), fill it with hot water and add about two teaspoons of Vapour Rub to it. Get a towel, put it over your head and lean over the bowl, to inhale the vapours.

good luck :)

Blakrose
12-02-2006, 09:15 AM
It usually loosens everything up I meant :)

mano_the_cat
12-02-2006, 12:12 PM
you can try heating the area(nose&forehead) with some cotton dipped in salted luke warm/warm water .... try it for 10-15 mins when you feel the need and try avoiding contact with cold air immediately after doing it.
it worked for me .. might help you as well.

nutty
12-02-2006, 03:21 PM
Jazak-Allah kahirun for the replies

I have tried the vick rub, inhaling the steamed vick vapour, heating hot things. It clears up for few minutes then blocks up again or if one clears the other nostril blocks up and nice versa. i have tried techniques http://www.herbalshop.com/Acupressur...essure_10.html to massage the area but nothing worksimsad

AvarAllahNoor
12-02-2006, 03:36 PM
Get a bowl of steaming water. get a towel and put it over your head and over the bowl and lower your head above the bowl and inhale for a while, it'll unblock you quicker tham Mr Muscles sink unblocker :giggling:

England
12-02-2006, 04:10 PM
blow your nose

Skillganon
12-02-2006, 04:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
blow your nose
The good old English way huh?

Take a breather and Blow your nose. Works for me. :thumbs_up

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-02-2006, 07:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Get a bowl of steaming water. get a towel and put it over your head and over the bowl and lower your head above the bowl and inhale for a while, it'll unblock you quicker tham Mr Muscles sink unblocker :giggling:
Thats what i was saying. Steam!!

lyesh
12-02-2006, 07:44 PM
put some vicks balm in boiled hot water and sniff the vapour! it works! :D remeber to say "bismillah"!

chacha_jalebi
12-02-2006, 08:48 PM
sniff the real stuff :D :p

erm erm blocked nose eh?

just unblock ur nose by pickin it :D or or you know them sweeties like halls or woteva :D use them and airwaves chewin gum really work :D:D:D

home made remedies erm . . . .

put vicks near ya nostrils :D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-02-2006, 08:51 PM
picking your nose works eh? Im guessin u've tried it ;D :D

chacha_jalebi
12-02-2006, 08:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
picking your nose works eh? Im guessin u've tried it ;D :D
erm :p now now :p

naa lol, loads of times people think they have blocked noses, when infact they have erm loads of bogies :p

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-02-2006, 08:56 PM
Ugh ghaleez...anyways! no thats not always it....one side of my nose i cant breathe as clearly as the other one, cuz its almost completely closed. I can actually see something blocking inside.

united
12-02-2006, 08:58 PM
boil a cup of water with as much honey as you can take. (2 teaspoons). drink it whilst its hot.
if i can do it anyone can (i have a BIG problem with the smell of honey)

chacha_jalebi
12-02-2006, 09:00 PM
one of the most annoyin thins is, when people have blocked nose and it makes them snore :( that is jus lethal man

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-02-2006, 09:00 PM
what? you dont like the smell of honey :offended: lol
one of the most annoyin thins is, when people have blocked nose and it makes them snore that is jus lethal man
wait well no, i dont snore.
so ur wrong! strike 2! lol'sz

united
12-02-2006, 09:01 PM
i usually cant smell much. but i can smell honey a mile off and its not a pleasant feeling. i know theres shifa in it etc but i cant take the smell.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-02-2006, 09:02 PM
thats weird. well i like the smell :)

united
12-02-2006, 09:04 PM
then its easy for you.
when i gat a cold its torture. i know the remedy but really have to psyche myself up before i can attempt it.

chacha_jalebi
12-02-2006, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
so ur wrong! strike 2! lol'sz

strike 2 :p lol

naa cos when people get ill and blocked noses, they all snore and its hard to sleep :D

but back on topic,

i would say sniff up vicks, and use airwaves:D

Muslim Knight
12-03-2006, 03:59 AM
Okay I got one. Take a little amount of Vicks and stir it in hot boiling water. Slowly inhale the vapor and take care not to get it into your eyes.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-03-2006, 04:17 AM
Lol, alot of people r givin that one.

mano_the_cat
12-03-2006, 10:36 AM
it always takes patience & dedication to be able to achieve something ... this nose problem thing is the same ... keep doing, be regular & it will work.

Az969
12-05-2006, 06:26 PM
Assalamu alaikum

I have few remedies here for you here but it is advisable to seek professional medical help before using them.

Sniff an onion. "Basically, the only thing you get from rubbing on menthol or other decongestants is some irritation that stimulates the nose to run and unblock the stuffiness," says Venice, Florida, otolaryngologist Hueston C. King, M.D., visiting professor at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas. "You can get the same effect from smelling an onion."

Go heavy on the spice. The cure for a stuffy nose is to make it runny, and few things make it run faster than spicy meals. "Hot and spicy foods trigger a reflex response to make your nose runny," says Gordon Raphael, M.D., an allergist and a former researcher at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases in Bethesda, Maryland. "Eat some hot chili peppers and your nose will immediately start running." This running helps break up congestion and remove irritants that may be causing the stuffiness, adds Dr. King.

Treat it with zinc. "Zinc seems to have a specific effect on the nose," says Dr. Chester. Zinc supplements have been used to treat people whose sense of smell has diminished, and zinc may improve congested sinuses as well. Take a 50-milligram supplement daily, Dr. Chester suggests. Continue to take the supplement if you notice an improvement.

Or my best remedy for colds and pain realiving is 'Nutmeg'.

We use Nutmeg powder for commons colds and pains, for colds we make a warm paste (with little water and add nutmeg powder to form a paste) and apply it to your nose and forehead before you go to sleep at night ensure that it's not to hot and just warm, it's pleasent and it dries out within few miuntes, in the morning you can wash it off, do this couple of nights and inshallah you will feel better normally for me one application is ok it gets rid of colds and it works if you have blocked nose too.

For aches and pains, i use to suffer from 'Tennis Elbow' Which is a form of pain in the elbow joint section, but mashallah i applied the Nutmeg paste as above onto the affected area for few nights and it got better altogehter with taking any harsh pain killers.

Now 'Nutmeg Powder' is always in our kitchen cupboard, it does not have any side affects.

Hope it helps inshallah.

Salams

Aslam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.