/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamophobia

Ismahaan
11-30-2006, 08:28 PM
:sl:

Have you experienced it? What were your experiences?

I have become used to the hateful looks on people's faces when I get on a bus or train, or even when I pass people by in the street. To be honest, I don't give a **** about that. I can handle it. What is hurtful is when things get personal :cry:

The non-muslims seem to see us as sub-human, but guess what? We love them to bits don't we? Even though they massacre our brothers and sisters abroad, and lock them up here, we love their food and their movies, their styles etc etc etc. We've been conditioned to LOVE them, whereas they are conditioned to HATE us.

They seem to think that a woman who wears the hijab is weak, oppressed, speaks no or very little English and can be spoken to in any manner (without any repercussions). It makes me :vomit: that we as muslims can not unite, but the non-muslims ALWAYS unite against us automatically. They don't care whether you're right or not. The fact that you are a muslim makes you WRONG.

If you saw a muslim being overpowered, would you run to aid them? Or would you think it's not my problem?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abu Zakariya
11-30-2006, 08:33 PM
Well, there was a genocide of Muslims in my country at the hands of the Orthodox Christian population. So my family fled to Sweden and here some have told me to leave since they (i.e. the persons saying this) don't want Muslims living here. Also there are nasty letter sent to our mosque where I live which I have personally seen, etc.

That's what I've experienced first hand. Apart from that, there are a lot of lies spread in the media. It is a myth here in Sweden that Muslims consider women to be impure (najjis) in and of themselves, and this is being spread around in the media as if it were true. Mosques have been burned down and Muslims have been physically attacked for being Muslims. And so on. And yet, some deny Islamophobia exists.

England
11-30-2006, 08:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ismahaan

Have you experienced it? What were your experiences?

I have become used to the hateful looks on people's faces when I get on a bus or train, or even when I pass people by in the street. To be honest, I don't give a **** about that. I can handle it. What is hurtful is when things get personal :cry:

The non-muslims seem to see us as sub-human, but guess what? We love them to bits don't we? Even though they massacre our brothers and sisters abroad, and lock them up here, we love their food and their movies, their styles etc etc etc. We've been conditioned to LOVE them, whereas they are conditioned to HATE us.

They seem to think that a woman who wears the hijab is weak, oppressed, speaks no or very little English and can be spoken to in any manner (without any repercussions). It makes me :vomit: that we as muslims can not unite, but the non-muslims ALWAYS unite against us automatically. They don't care whether you're right or not. The fact that you are a muslim makes you WRONG.

If you saw a muslim being overpowered, would you run to aid them? Or would you think it's not my problem?
Seeing as you've used the word 'THEY' I'll say my bit. We've had to put with a terrorist threat in the UK by muslims. Muslims set a number of bombs off in London on the 7th July, another attempt by 'you' muslims failed. Muslims crashed a plane into the twin towers on September 11th 2001, and shortly after 'you' muslims hailed the killings of innocent people as a success and still do. The MI5 foiled a terrorist plot which was planned out by 'you' terrorists to murder more innocent people.
I sure hope the muslims keep on failing to murder our people, 'they' will face 'their' punishment when they die.

HaveQuestions
11-30-2006, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
Seeing as you've used the word 'THEY' I'll say my bit. We've had to put with a terrorist threat in the UK by muslims. Muslims set a number of bombs off in London on the 7th July, another attempt by 'you' muslims failed. Muslims crashed a plane into the twin towers on September 11th 2001, and shortly after 'you' muslims hailed the killings of innocent people as a success and still do. The MI5 foiled a terrorist plot which was planned out by 'you' terrorists to murder more innocent people.
I sure hope the muslims keep on failing to murder our people, 'they' will face 'their' punishment when they die.
You make the grave error of stereotyping. These Muslims you call terrorists are representative of less than 0.1% of a Muslim population of 1.2 billion. Just because some terrorists committed crimes does not justify discrimination against Muslims in general. Christians were responsible for the Holocaust, one of the worst genocides in history (if not the worst), but do you see them being discriminated because of that?? Logical fallacy.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
arabiyyah
11-30-2006, 09:02 PM
Christians were responsible for the Holocaust, one of the worst genocides in history (if not the worst), but do you see them being discriminated because of that??
i thought hitler was not a christian but an atheist.

Abu Zakariya
11-30-2006, 09:03 PM
HaveQuestions

I really don't think England meant it that way. His post was an allusion to Ismahaan's post.

HaveQuestions
11-30-2006, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by arabiyyah
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-KWAwDJox4&eurl=

What do you think??

Skillganon
11-30-2006, 09:04 PM
Guy's least try to keep it civil.

England
11-30-2006, 09:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HaveQuestions
You make the grave error of stereotyping. These Muslims you call terrorists are representative of less than 0.1% of a Muslim population of 1.2 billion. Just because some terrorists committed crimes does not justify discrimination against Muslims in general. Christians were responsible for the Holocaust, one of the worst genocides in history (if not the worst), but do you see them being discriminated because of that?? Logical fallacy.
Look at my previous post. Look at Bold words then read my reply and then think about what I'm saying.

HaveQuestions
11-30-2006, 09:08 PM
Look at my previous post. Look at Bold words then read my reply and then think about what I'm saying.
Both sides tend to generalize.

Muhammad
11-30-2006, 09:10 PM

While we do face many problems, it is important not to make the same mistake and over-generalise about all non-Muslims.

It is true that we need to be united and help each other, and uniformly display that Islam is not about terrorism. We need to find ways to reach out and convey what Islam is really about.

arabiyyah
11-30-2006, 09:11 PM
i think it is pushing it to say he could believe in Allah and commit these acts.

HaveQuestions
11-30-2006, 09:12 PM
i think it is pushing it to say he could believe in Allah and commit these acts.
No it's not. If you read Mein Kamf, one (minor) reason why he wanted the Jews dead because he wanted to please the Lord.

arabiyyah
11-30-2006, 09:17 PM
No it's not. If you read Mein Kamf, one (minor) reason why he wanted the Jews dead because he wanted to please the Lord.

is this to be taken literally or to be looked on by the fact that he was trying to convince christians to join him? didnt know the guy so i cant talk i guess. :p

England
11-30-2006, 09:19 PM
Ismahaan has made the exact same mistake as she is criticising those people she refers to in her post.

Woodrow
11-30-2006, 09:21 PM
I do not recall the topic of this thread being about Hitler. Let us all return to Topic. Off topic comments will not be tolerated.

Tania
12-01-2006, 05:17 AM
Ismahaan has made the exact same mistake as she is criticising those people she refers to in her post.
She refers - if i understood right - to the people of her neighborhood, from streets and from her life. Off course when you see the same reaction on the people face each day, its hard not to generalise the things. How could she say the people are polite toward her if each day she face the same attitude problem from their part :? :-\

north_malaysian
12-01-2006, 09:46 AM
Hitler is an occultist.

Ismahaan
12-01-2006, 02:43 PM
Only ONE person replied about experiencing Islamophobia. I guess it's not that widespread then. That's good.

Woodrow
12-01-2006, 03:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ismahaan
Only ONE person replied about experiencing Islamophobia. I guess it's not that widespread then. That's good.
I noticed that also. It seems most posters are more concerned about Hitler and have not experienced any Islamphobia themselves.

Perhaps this is one of them things everybody has heard stories about it it happening, but very few people can say it has actually happened to them.

Dosen't seem to be as widespread as we ourselves make it out to be.

Muezzin
12-01-2006, 06:56 PM
I'm debating whether or not to close this thread. For one thing, the first post is exhibiting the same attitude it is condemning; for another, this thread does not seem to be going anywhere.

If members have genuine instances of Islamaphobia, please post them, but do not sink to the same level of ignorance and bigotry by painting all non-Muslims as Islamaphobics.

Woodrow
12-01-2006, 07:40 PM
I agree with you there. It does seem to be a stagnant thread.

Woodrow
12-01-2006, 07:42 PM
:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.