/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how could they deny my hijab

um-ali1981
12-01-2006, 08:51 AM
how could they deny my hijab???? I live in a small city in the sacramento valley, CALIFORNIA- it is unbelievable that all of the corporations i hate so much have become something i consider- You know i avoid corporations for the simple fact i hate big business- big business for me = big brother. well i am looking for work to support myself and my son- and am qualifeid for most positions. Today i recieved a phone call regarding a job that i was accepted for at a local sallon. She told me that "actually they would not be comfortable with me wearing my veil at the front desk. They have cnservitive customers comming in and they want to remain NEUTRAL. She gave me a comparrison of a woman with hear breast hanging out vs my hijab. They felt that I guess it would be the same senerio. GO figure breast vs the hijab!!!!! She told me I could have the position if I would take it off. Yeah lady let me forget about my creator ALLAH- ALLAH HOAKBAR and take off my hijab for you- could you imagine. The name of the Salon is called MECCA, of all names. So now I am left with the responsibilty to inform her of her ignorance- and I guess i have to do it in a way that won't offend her- just inform her because I would not want to be responsible for her illregard to ISLAM- so any suggestions- because i would love to offend her !!!!!!! I am very sensitive to the hijab.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
12-01-2006, 08:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by um-ali1981
how could they deny my hijab???? I live in a small city in the sacramento valley, CALIFORNIA- it is unbelievable that all of the corporations i hate so much have become something i consider- You know i avoid corporations for the simple fact i hate big business- big business for me = big brother. well i am looking for work to support myself and my son- and am qualifeid for most positions. Today i recieved a phone call regarding a job that i was accepted for at a local sallon. She told me that "actually they would not be comfortable with me wearing my veil at the front desk. They have cnservitive customers comming in and they want to remain NEUTRAL. She gave me a comparrison of a woman with hear breast hanging out vs my hijab. They felt that I guess it would be the same senerio. GO figure breast vs the hijab!!!!! She told me I could have the position if I would take it off. Yeah lady let me forget about my creator ALLAH- ALLAH HOAKBAR and take off my hijab for you- could you imagine. The name of the Salon is called MECCA, of all names. So now I am left with the responsibilty to inform her of her ignorance- and I guess i have to do it in a way that won't offend her- just inform her because I would not want to be responsible for her illregard to ISLAM- so any suggestions- because i would love to offend her !!!!!!! I am very sensitive to the hijab.
salamz
woa sis!

firstly welcome 2LI :D hav a beneficial stay insahlah

2ndly, that's such an absurd comparison to make between the thing u mentioned and hijab!!! :uuh: just ask her 'miss are you serious a piece of cloth over my head is so insulting to you?"

but honeslty sis, stick to Allah's side and eh will replace it with a better position inshalah even if u dont get it!! srsly i know soooo many cases where bros left their jobs 2 go hajj 4axmple.... n they came bak n ended up in wild positions mashalah!

all the best sis!
:w:

Yasmine018
12-01-2006, 12:29 PM
:welcome:

Aisha20
12-01-2006, 04:57 PM
woow.. the salon name is mecca of all of those names in da world.. n they dont let u wear hijaab :X amazing
May Allah make it easier for u sis
on the other hand, welcome to Li
hope u enjoy ur stay..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.