/* */

PDA

View Full Version : One book to rule the world

Mateen
12-01-2006, 09:31 AM
Salam,

I was just wondering, if Allah had willed He would have taught man only one language, had given one holy book to Adam{as}, and preserved it for humanity!!

It would have so great. Entire humanity would have been One.

God alone knows the reason for these differences.{ Allah says in the holy Quran that He has created these differences so that we understand eachother, but its the opposite today right?}

Wassalam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
12-01-2006, 09:56 AM
:salamext:

Allah swt does everything for the best, thats kind of like saying "it would be so great if we were unable to commit sin, how perfect would things have been", i think its better to say that Allah swt alone knows best and he will do what benefits us as we deserve inshaAllah ta'ala.

:wasalamex

Mateen
12-01-2006, 10:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
:salamext:

"it would be so great if we were unable to commit sin, how perfect would things have been",
:wasalamex
Salam,
You can add that to my Wishlist!!

Wassalam.

Ninth_Scribe
12-01-2006, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mateen
Salam,

I was just wondering, if Allah had willed He would have taught man only one language, had given one holy book to Adam{as}, and preserved it for humanity!!

He did do that! It's the darn kids who started to fight over who had it first... and they're still fighting over it, but now the issue is who has the correct version! If I had a buck for every Muslim scholar who was rideculed by another Muslims scholar, I'd be disgustingly rich! Pft.

Ninth Scribe

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-01-2006, 09:42 PM
:sl:

2: 30. And (remember) when your Lord said to the angels: "Verily, I am going to place (mankind) generations after generations on earth." They said: "Will You place therein those who will make mischief therein and shed blood, - while we glorify You with praises and thanks (Exalted be You above all that they associate with You as partners) and sanctify You." He (Allah) said: "I know that which you do not know."

Maimunah
12-01-2006, 09:49 PM
i think the ayah above explains everything ie. Your Lord knows what you know not'

jazakaAllah kahyr bro Ahmad
wasalaam

snakelegs
12-01-2006, 10:16 PM
if we were all alike, all spoke the same language and all free from sin.....
BORING!!!!

Malaikah
12-03-2006, 07:54 AM

Lets not forget that created us as sinners for a reason. This life is a test. It wouldnt be much of a test if we already had the answers and were not able to sin.

Youre wrong to assume that just because the book had started from the time of Adam pbuh that people would follow it.

Even people who witnessed first hand the miracles of the prophets disbelieved, so how on earth would having one preserved book dating back to the time of Adam change anything? :?

lolwatever
12-03-2006, 08:01 AM
Salam,

God alone knows the reason for these differences.{ Allah says in the holy Quran that He has created these differences so that we understand eachother, but its the opposite today right?}

Wassalam.

in addition to what was said abuv.

das wat Allah exactly says in surat baqarah "and if Allah had wiled he would have made you one nation but is to test you amongst yourselves...." and several other verses.

:w:

Woodrow
12-03-2006, 08:08 AM
The differnt languages are mans development. It is our own arrogance that their are many languages and not only that they change constantly. Each generation corrupts their own native language with alterations and slang which becomes the new language of tomorrow. It was not very long ago that German's and English spoke the identical language. But, today they have very little resenblance to each other and no resemblance to the original language. More recent are the noticilbe differences between British, Canadian, American and Australian English. Before long they will be totaly seperate languages.

Having the Qur'an preserved in the original Arabic is the closest us humans have ever accepted as a common language among people. The Arabic in the Qur'an has remained the same for 1400 years and is still understood. Any other book written over 300 years ago is no longer understandable by the people that speak the language the book was written in.

lolwatever
12-03-2006, 08:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
The differnt languages are mans development. It is our own arrogance that their are many languages and not only that they change constantly. Each generation corrupts their own native language with alterations and slang which becomes the new language of tomorrow. It was not very long ago that German's and English spoke the identical language. But, today they have very little resenblance to each other and no resemblance to the original language. More recent are the noticilbe differences between British, Canadian, American and Australian English. Before long they will be totaly seperate languages.

Having the Qur'an preserved in the original Arabic is the closest us humans have ever accepted as a common language among people. The Arabic in the Qur'an has remained the same for 1400 years and is still understood. Any other book written over 300 years ago is no longer understandable by the people that speak the language the book was written in.
so tru :X macbeth :vomit:

Mateen
12-03-2006, 08:22 AM
Salam,

Cheese,

Yes there will always be people who disbelieve in God, but if one book would have meant that there were only 2 sections, Believers and Unbelievers I guess.

Wassalam.

Malaikah
12-03-2006, 08:22 AM

Woodrow, amazing point! I've never even considered that.

Btw, do you really think aussie, US, UK and canadian english will get that bad? :uuh:

Malaikah
12-03-2006, 08:25 AM
Yes there will always be people who disbelieve in God, but if one book would have meant that there were only 2 sections, Believers and Unbelievers I guess.

Why? OK so we wouldnt have christians and jews, though we could still have religions that were not linked to any prophets, like hindu, fire worshipping etc.

Its really not as straight forward as we would like to think! :uuh:

lolwatever
12-03-2006, 08:28 AM

^ xactly, just take a look at the sects that attribute themselves to islam... and some of them eventually explicilty formed 'official' religions (bahaism for example). Did the starting off with one religion help them? nope.

Mateen
12-03-2006, 08:58 AM
Salam,

Add this to my wishlist...

If our beloved Prophet Muhammad{saas} lived with us forever.

Wassalam.

lolwatever
12-03-2006, 08:59 AM
Salam,

Add this to my wishlist...

If our beloved Prophet Muhammad{saas} lived with us forever.

Wassalam.
imagine how many "Muslims" would be arguign with him if he was with us :offended:

YusufNoor
12-03-2006, 12:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

wh...wh..what's that?? ...Texanspeak???:giggling:

actually, i'm from New Hampshire, which 3000 miles east of here (Washington state); people look at me as if i'm speaking a foriegn language half the time! (especially if you say CAH, fer car :okay: )

to the east of Woodrow as well, the southern drawl can be so thick that anyone north of the mason/dixon line can barely discern what they are saying...:?

add slang to the dialect, they already sound like different languages...:rollseyes

Trumble
12-03-2006, 01:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor
add slang to the dialect, they already sound like different languages...:rollseyes
So does Arabic spoken in, say, Egypt and Saudi! The commonality is the written language, but that's true of English, too. With any dialect and slang, it just takes a little time to adjust.

lolwatever
12-03-2006, 01:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
So does Arabic spoken in, say, Egypt and Saudi! The commonality is the written language, but that's true of English, too. With any dialect and slang, it just takes a little time to adjust.
egyptian, saudi and stuff isn't arabic.. it's called slang.

just like u dont call chat speak 'proper english' ;) the quranic arabic is and has always beent he same 'classical arabic' throughout history (well since the prophets time... pre-islamic arabic was pretty tough).

Ninth_Scribe
12-03-2006, 07:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
imagine how many "Muslims" would be arguign with him if he was with us :offended:

That wouldn't happen since, the last time he came, he knew how to work it out with everyone. My guess is, everyone would leave spiritually satisfied :)

Ninth Scribe

Ninth_Scribe
12-03-2006, 07:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
if we were all alike, all spoke the same language and all free from sin.....
BORING!!!!
I have no clue what you're on about. In Christianity, there are doctors, lawyers, veterinarians, soldiers, secretaries, shop keepers... do I really need to go on? One book does not not make people 'all alike' - I can't for the life of me understand how you got that impression.

Ninth Scribe

YusufNoor
12-03-2006, 07:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
egyptian, saudi and stuff isn't arabic.. it's called slang.

just like u dont call chat speak 'proper english' ;) the quranic arabic is and has always beent he same 'classical arabic' throughout history (well since the prophets time... pre-islamic arabic was pretty tough).

yup, i've got a buddy from Sudan. "Arabic" is his native language. he told me one day that he found a new book store and got some nifty Arabic books.

so, being a dummy, i asked him" did you get any good Qur'ans?":?

"don't need a new one. i already have one that is an "Arabic to Arabic translation!":)

huh? :hiding:

just sounded funny though...

Malaikah
12-05-2006, 02:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
That wouldn't happen since, the last time he came, he knew how to work it out with everyone. My guess is, everyone would leave spiritually satisfied :)
Well not really, youre forgetting that there were Muslims during the prophets pbuh time who were nothing more than hypocrites and really believe in the the prophet and Allah swt even though they claimed to.

So, I wouldn't be surprised if the same happened during this time.

Remember prophet Muhammad is only a messenger, he cant put faith in the hearts of those who do not want to believe.

lolwatever
12-05-2006, 07:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese
Well not really, youre forgetting that there were Muslims during the prophets pbuh time who were nothing more than hypocrites and really believe in the the prophet and Allah swt even though they claimed to.

So, I wouldn't be surprised if the same happened during this time.

Remember prophet Muhammad is only a messenger, he cant put faith in the hearts of those who do not want to believe.
True, also u gotta remember something about all times..

The reason why the leaders and people who are well off don't wanna believe, is that most of them live off haram (leaders make theri money from over taxation, rich people live on interest (even today) etc etc) so when soemoen is asking themt o give all that up, they get blinded very easily and start thinking in terms of this world how much they might possibly lose.

It takes someoen who's sincere to give up haram for the sake of Allah. Which is why ppl like abu bakr and other rich companions are extremly highly rewarded becasue they actually gave so much for sake of Allah even though in the short term it may hav seemed they lost out.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.