/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Musik ma way out :(

anonymous
12-02-2006, 02:52 PM
:sl:
well basically, title says it, when i'm like abit down kinda, musiks always been my way out...i dont know how to get out of this phase. i always go to my rap n rnb which is obviously no-go ting. but i cant help it. it proper helps though cause it just puts meaning into meaningless words :D Lol, kind of...good to go with the beat ;):p
i used to b interest in lisenin 2 quran and that but i lack interest and really just dont care imsad
thats realy bad though ini? can someone kind of show me the punishmentz fo it?
fankoo

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
12-02-2006, 03:10 PM
you wna see the punishments for it..?

erm...hell is a scary thought,

how i show it in pictures LOL?

btw u type exactly like i do...strange world indeed! :p

Anyways, sumtimes tis hard ini, buh u gotta keep tryin ya best, coz yeh well ur gna hav to strive fo jannah ini,

so All the best

Tc AsalamyAlaykum bro/sis

Hijrah
12-02-2006, 04:04 PM
I used to listen to the same stuff, actually, I recommend you just read Qur'aan and start praying and seek knowledge and insha'allah you won't care for music anymore, it happened to me, it can happen to u

Hijrah
12-02-2006, 04:14 PM
it's not allowed in Islam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
12-02-2006, 04:19 PM
:salamext:

it takes you away from Allaah and makes you think that its good, anything which takes you away from Allaah is bad !

But there are, among men, those who purchase idle tales, without knowledge (or meaning), to mislead (men) from the Path of Allah and throw ridicule (on the Path): for such there will be a Humiliating Penalty.
-Surah Luqman Verse 6
Those who desire the life of the present and its glitter,- to them we shall pay (the price of) their deeds therein,- without diminution.
-Surah Hud Verse 15

Bro/sis how can you go to that which the prophet Muhammad disliked for comfort? Go to those who you love when you feel down, and make dua'a and joke around and stuff :D my loved ones always cheer me up Alhamdulillaah :)

anonymous
12-02-2006, 05:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
you wna see the punishments for it..?

erm...hell is a scary thought,

how i show it in pictures LOL?

btw u type exactly like i do...strange world indeed! :p

Anyways, sumtimes tis hard ini, buh u gotta keep tryin ya best, coz yeh well ur gna hav to strive fo jannah ini,

so All the best

Tc AsalamyAlaykum bro/sis
:rollseyes
Blud if sum1 jus gime sum article bou how musik haram, i b lyk skeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen :( das ma problem, so fing is i rather learn bout tha consequencez geme? das ma problem, i'v acknowlejd tat musik is haram...wa if u lisen 2 musik u go 2 hell? stoopid bleadn shaitaan :uuh: :hiding:
Dun try to be funny sunshyn :p
Lol i get u ini buh say if u cant elp it ini, get muh ini? :p
Hey U copied ma flex firs, bugsy i waz first :) :D

Assalamu aleikum

Music seems positive to u coz u r not muslim.we muslims are trying to stay away from anything which is wasteful and useless.Time is precious and we dont have alot to waste on music.

To the poster. i myself quit listening to music over a year ago.trust me it was the hardest thing at first because it was the only thing taht i thought i could spare ma spare time with.
U can get rid of the music too,1st thing i did was one night just woke in da mid of the night and deleted every music file i had on ma hard drive alhamdulilah i never purchased music Cds so tat was better.with that out of da way,2nd thing to do was find a replacement,i bought a quran digital player which i carry almost everywhere even at work,i hide it under ma hijab :D

alot of people,u can definately do it.may Allah help u out on ur mission.
W/slmz
But i am a muslim :uhwhat :rollseyes U tryna say i iz a kafir :p
Thing is, i gave up Music ages ago Alhamdilullah, but recently i'v falled into a ditch and gone back to it, and it scares me cause i'v been downloading tracks onto my brothers ipod. & unfortunetly it isnt very hard not to listen to it because we are afterall in tha 21st friggn centary :( I'v tried i swear but when others are lisenin to it, i kindA foolishly ask em to chuk it ova and then luk for tha trax i like wich is mostly 2pac ra ra ra so f this f that crap :(
i used to lisen 2 quran, mashallah @ abdul basit, and shuraim, sudais and tha rest but i'v lost interest and das wa scarez me ...i shall now put ma head down in shame...imsad

I used to listen to the same stuff, actually, I recommend you just read Qur'aan and start praying and seek knowledge and insha'allah you won't care for music anymore, it happened to me, it can happen to u
I'm not saying its impossible because fo a long time it happened to me, but now i just find myself in the same days of jahiliyah i faut i conquered so in other words i'm bak 2 step 1 :(

Trance/dance music gives me a surge of energy through me and it always gives me a good feeling. That's a positive thing not a negative, so what's up?
Trance? eurgh, introduce yourself to rap my dear ol' cod :p, preferbly 2pac! :rollseyes Nah but better still introduce yourself to Native Deen ;)

Bro/sis how can you go to that which the prophet Muhammad disliked for comfort? Go to those who you love when you feel down, and make dua'a and joke around and stuff my loved ones always cheer me up Alhamdulillaah
L O L Ur funny
I do joke around, i'v even developd tha art of sarcasm, thats how i get around life, pretending lifes arite and messin about,Might aswell make tha most of like, not like your gonna live forever :D :D :D But JazakAllah Khair :)
My loved ones? lol...family? ha they the last people i would go to :rollseyes

habiibti
12-02-2006, 05:38 PM
noo subhana Allah i would never call a fellow muslim a kafir,dont u see i quoted someone when i said and on da other line i said to the poster.

anonymous
12-02-2006, 05:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by habiibti
noo subhana Allah i would never call a fellow muslim a kafir,dont u see i quoted someone when i said and on da other line i said to the poster.

:rollseyes Ooppsy my bad sister wista :playing:
Forgive ma stupidity...
:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
12-02-2006, 05:56 PM

whohooooah heeey sis !!!!! (or bro :X) be gentle wiv ur family, serious u start showerin dem wiv love n same will return inshaAllah !!!! and sarcasm isnt the way man lol, u gotta be straight up wen things are buggin u aswell just go up2 the person n say, "DUDEE, WAT THE?" and u kno be GENTLE !!! inshaAllaH !

but seriously, u gotta go 2 the sunah n quran man thats where the best comfort is !!!

u kno wat i been doin recently lol, i love listenin 2 this wen i need to relieve stuf :D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHBsPR0yoN8

lol keep it islamic :)

:wasalamex

Woodrow
12-02-2006, 06:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
well basically, title says it, when i'm like abit down kinda, musiks always been my way out...i dont know how to get out of this phase. i always go to my rap n rnb which is obviously no-go ting. but i cant help it. it proper helps though cause it just puts meaning into meaningless words :D Lol, kind of...good to go with the beat ;):p
i used to b interest in lisenin 2 quran and that but i lack interest and really just dont care imsad
fankoo
Does anybody have to show you?

The fact that you are even posting this sends the message that you already know it is not acceptable and you are aware that there is a price to pay when we deliberatly continue with an act we know to be unacceptable.

The truth is none of us can state if you will or will not receive any specific punishment if you continue. That is something you will have to discuss face to face with Allah(swt). Sorry no public defender and no hidden loopholes in the law books. Just you and Allah(swt) Explain to Him what you believe would be a suitable punishment and Why he should listen to you.

anonymous
12-02-2006, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Does anybody have to show you?

The fact that you are even posting this sends the message that you already know it is not acceptable and you are aware that there is a price to pay when we deliberatly continue with an act we know to be unacceptable.

The truth is none of us can state if you will or will not receive any specific punishment if you continue. That is something you will have to discuss face to face with Allah(swt). Sorry no public defender and no hidden loopholes in the law books. Just you and Allah(swt) Explain to Him what you believe would be a suitable punishment and Why he should listen to you.
Abrupt *eek* but true i guess...
Do they have to show me? well I dont even know anymore. I actually find it helps because rather than articles about how it haram and then debates on people saying it isnt i find knowing the consequences helps.i mean it gives me a sense of taqwaa and the true fear to actually help me abstain from it sorta... i'm backward...sue me...
I'm telling you every time i try not to do it, i do. its from shaitaan i know, but i cant help it, especially in the environment where i'm in where theres musik playing left right and centre...that which i cant even help imsad
Even when i dont have the ipod or whatever on me, i still manage to listen to it. its like a soother. i cant even explain :rollseyes It calms me down. and hey if you havent gone through it then i dont really think you understand exacly what i'm on about.
Explain to Allah what i believe is a suitable punishment?? :uuh: :hiding: I dont know...but can you really go into hell for listening to music?? :? :uhwhat :offended:

whohooooah heeey sis !!!!! (or bro :X) be gentle wiv ur family, serious u start showerin dem wiv love n same will return inshaAllah !!!! and sarcasm isnt the way man lol, u gotta be straight up wen things are buggin u aswell just go up2 the person n say, "DUDEE, WAT THE?" and u kno be GENTLE !!! inshaAllaH !

but seriously, u gotta go 2 the sunah n quran man thats where the best comfort is !!!

u kno wat i been doin recently lol, i love listenin 2 this wen i need to relieve stuf :D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHBsPR0yoN8

lol keep it islamic
Jazakallah, i wanted ta say sumin bout that family ting, buh i think i'ma allow it after Woodrows reply *gulp*
Fankoo bruva, May Allah reward you and increase you in your health and iman
Btw you know the reciter...can you get whole of downloadable recitations..mashallah

2 tha sis who repd meh: jazakallah gyal, may allah make it easy fo bofe of us. keep in de struggle
:hiding:

IbnAbdulHakim
12-02-2006, 06:23 PM
naa sis/bro/dude/geeza i cant find anymore recitations by him :(

anonymous
12-02-2006, 06:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
naa sis/bro/dude/geeza i cant find anymore recitations by him :(

:sl: Jazakallah, sis to u alhamdilullah. dont worry it kewl...
:)

- Qatada -
12-02-2006, 06:58 PM

First of all, say alhamdulillah that Allaah's protected you in the past from listening to it, so that shows that you can give it up insha'Allah - even though you feel desperate to.

The second thing you should do is delete any songs that you have in your harddrive [even from the recycle bin], and throw away any cd's that might have the music on. I know it's tough, but that's one of the most important steps because then it's abit harder to actually get hold of it. [Delete your program's that you can download songs off too]

Also - try to keep your phone on vibrate/silent because it will keep you away from wanting to listen to the full songs.
Originally Posted by IslamQA
It is possible to do without them by using the ordinary ringing tone. And Allaah is the Source of strength.
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?cref=364&ln=eng

----

After you done that, then when you're at college - stay away from the people who listen to it. A good friend is better than lot's of friends that make you fall into the sin.

The Messenger of Allaah (sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam) said: "A person is likely to follow the faith of his friend, so look whom you befriend."

http://www.islamonline.com/cgi-bin/n...service_id=656

And also:

“The example of a good companion and a bad one is the bearer of musk and the worker on the bellows (blacksmith). A bearer of musk would give you some, you might buy some from him, or you might enjoy the fragrance of his musk. The worker on the bellows, on the other hand, might spoil your clothes with sparks from his bellows, or you get a bad smell from him.” (Reported by Al-Bukhari and Muslim, this version being Muslim’s)

explanation:
http://www.islamonline.net/English/H...05/03/01.shtml

So make sure you don't hang out with people who love doing sin, because they will just push you further into the dark.. Instead - hang out with the one's that encourage you to follow islam properly. Remember, friends should be - Quality not Quantity.

Also remember that you might feel like a stranger infront of the people, for example - when you tell them it's haraam, they might laugh at you. And then you probably get the urge to tell them that you like it too and you know about the lyrix and erything, but you're doing it to please Allaah.. expecting to be rewarded insha'Allaah.

-----

I proper urge you to read this because naturally the people don't like the truth, and you'll get a better understanding of what you are, and where you are in society (experiences of people who are going through what you going through):

http://www.islamicboard.com/473726-post12.html

Feeling like a Stranger?
http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-co...-stranger.html

- Whenever you hear any places where music is being played - remember that Allaah is watching over you, quickly leave and remember that this world is only temporary, and you can listen to all the music you want in jannah insha'Allaah.

- Remember that the greater the trial - the greater the reward.

- If you give up something for the sake of Allaah - Allaah will replace you with something better. With time and patience, you'll realise that insha'Allaah.

- I know through experience myself, that when you love something and it's bad for you, and you obey Allaah in that matter anyway and stay patient - Allaah will put a sweetness of emaan in your heart, and even though it might be hard to understand now, you'll actually hate that thing and you'll realise all the corruption it had inside of it.

Also read:

The Flame of Emaan that I once had.. is dying out...
http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-co...dying-out.html

-----

The Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) would pray:

Allaahumma yaa muqalliba al-quloobi thabbit qalbee `alaa deenika;

Allaahumma yaa muqalliba al-quloobi thabbit qalbee `alaa al-haqii;

Allaahumma yaa muqalliba al-quloobi thabbith qalbee `alaa taa'atika

(O Allah, You are the twister/turner of hearts, make my heart firm and steadfast on Your religion;

O Allah, You are the twister/turner of hearts, make my heart firm and steadfast on truth;

O Allah, You are the twister/turner of hearts, make my heart firm and steadfast on Your obedience).

Also,

Allaahumma innee a'oodhu bika mina al-kufri, wa al-shakki, wa al-nifaqi wa al-shiqaaqi

(O Allah, I seek refuge in You from disbelief, doubts, hypocrisy and straying away from the straight path).

Whenever you feel that the test is getting hard for you, remember that Allaah isn't over burdening you - so you still can be patient enough not to listen to the songs.

But also remember that even if the test seem's hard - would you be prepared to take the trials that our brothers and sisters around the world are taking?

We have too much important thing's to do in this world - we need to spend every second of our life for the sake of pleasing Allaah, even if it's something like cooking, do it to please Allaah and you will be rewarded insha'Allaah.

Allah has written down the good deeds and the bad ones. Then He explained it [by saying that] he who has intended a good deed and has not done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as a full good deed, but if he has intended it and has done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as from ten good deeds to seven hundred times, or many times over. But if he has intended a bad deed and has not done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as a full good deed, but if he has intended it and has done it, Allah writes it down as one bad deed.

Bukhari & Muslim

so from the hadith above - we can say this:

intention of a good deed = 1 good deed recorded.

intention + act of doing good = 10 to 700 (or many times over) good deeds recorded.

intention to do bad, but doesn't do it = 1 good deed.

intention to do bad, and does it = 1 bad deed.

So if you ever have the intention to do something bad (like listening to songs), then just remember the hadith above and you'll be rewarded for not listening to them and turning away insha'Allaah.

What alot of brother's and sister's do to keep themselves busy is to listen to lectures.. it might sound boring, but they really benefit you alot and you get rewarded for actually learning something new insha'Allaah.

-----

Keep yourself busy so you don't have alot of spare time. Try having some sort of gathering with your friends who also like islam, and you can listen to the lectures together.

Try doing other activities which are halaal like meeting up and discussing islaam, and eat together/open your fast together and stuff like that.

---

One final thing that would really benefit you is to find the time of the day which you find that you've got the least worldly distractions. Maybe even before you're going to go sleep, and the lights are off.

Just lift your hands, humble yourself and pray to Allaah, even if it's just from your heart.

Ask Allaah to make you love emaan (faith) and to love the way of Allaah and His Messenger (peace be upon him.) Pray that Allaah make's the path of jannah easy for you, and for the muslims. Pray so that you can actually get to jannah;

Because if you say: Oh Allah, permit me into Paradise. three times, the Paradise will reply: Oh Allah, allow him/her to enter me.
[Tirmidhi]

Have you asked Allah to protect you from the Hellfire today, three times? If you did the Hellfire will say: Oh Allah, protect him/her from me. [Tirmidhi]

more:
http://www.jannah.org/articles/count.html

Make all the dua's that you desire (as long as obviously it's not haraam), because the more a person prays, the more likely Allaah is going to accept his/her dua'. And the more good deeds you do - the more likely the dua' will be responded to insha'Allaah.

Whenever i feel i'm losing my faith, i pray to Allaah and Allaah strengthens my faith again alhamdulillaah. Because dua' is the best weapon of the believer..

Then do ye remember Me; I will remember you. Be grateful to Me, and reject not Faith. (2:152)

O ye who believe! Enter into Islam whole-heartedly; and follow not the footsteps of the evil one; for he is to you an avowed enemy. (2:208)

Allah desireth for you ease; He desireth not hardship for you; (2:185)

But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not. (2:216)

Allaah Almighty know's best.

If you didn't understand anything i said, or you need more info. please ask insha'Allaah. jazak Allaahu khayr.

AnonymousPoster
12-02-2006, 06:58 PM
:sl: musik takes u away from Allah swt de same way studyin(not islam) takes u away from Allah swt
music is haram i kno it but state the reason instead of sayin it takes u away from allah swt cuz i can state 10000 other tings that can.:w:

Hijaabi22
12-02-2006, 07:27 PM
fankoo
mannnnn i hate 2 admit it but that sounds so like me. Sumtyms U jus gta PUmp it n it makes u feel better. but cut bak dude. aint gud. :p

The Ruler
12-02-2006, 07:30 PM

at this time i think isolation from anything like CDs or your CD player, or whatever...is the best solution

Kittygyal
12-02-2006, 07:31 PM
Assamualiku.
if music helps then why don't you go out && do other Haram stuff! ASTAGFIRULLAH! music does not help in any way at all satan is telling you to listen to it, why don't you stop listning to music && go get an english translation of the Qura'an && put Qari-Basit recitation on && follow what he is saying believe me you, you will cry because of fear in your heart walahi you need to think twice!
Ma'assalama

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-02-2006, 07:32 PM
kinda in da same situation :( i woz soooooo good in ramadan.. i want it 2 cum bak :(

iv cut bak tho.. :D:D i juz distract maself by lisenin 2 nasheedz.. ino sum ppl wil b like listen 2 da quran etc but i gota start sumwher?

The Ruler
12-02-2006, 08:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
kinda in da same situation :( i woz soooooo good in ramadan.. i want it 2 cum bak :(

try voluntary fasting...that should help insha'allah...and yeah...think about it like this...you know when you give people advise on not listening to music...dont know if you do...but i do...at times...and i think...well i dont want to be the man who goes around in circles in the hell fire when the peopl ask him why he is getting punished, he would be like, i used to forbid you guys from doing bad things but i used to do that myself...well the thing is that actually helped me to stop from listening to music...not gradually...but like a sudden full stop.

Hijaabi22
12-02-2006, 08:11 PM
i sooooooooooooooooo know hy dat is :eek:

man i know how it is, me in da same trap, pumpin it ryt now, wat 2 do, i jus cnt help maself

The Ruler
12-02-2006, 08:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -----------
man i know how it is, me in da same trap, pumpin it ryt now, wat 2 do, i jus cnt help maself

where is it that you guys listen to music?...in your bedrooms?...if that is the case, get out of there and get into the kitchen...get something to eat...that should help

- Qatada -
12-02-2006, 08:54 PM

The sis/bro who opened the thread, masha'Allaah good stuff its under anonymous.. anyone else, just remember to hide your sins. If you conceal them, Allaah may conceal yours aswell - but if you tell others, everyone is a witness to it..

Jazak Allaahu khayrun.

snakelegs
12-02-2006, 10:00 PM
who wants advice from a kafir? nobody!!
i know the majority position on this board is music=haram, no instruments, etc etc.
so, accordingly, that would be your goal, i assume.
but, if in the mean time, you are having a hard time making the transition why don't you listen to music that is about god and the prophet? (like qawwali - but i'm sure there is other music that would be islamic in content). this would enable you to give up music gradually instead of abruptly.
i'm outa here before somebody throws something at me, lol
:hiding: :hiding: :hiding: :hiding:

IbnAbdulHakim
12-02-2006, 10:23 PM
^ nusrat fanatic LOL!!! ;D ;D

Audhubillah, fasting is good, and fi-sab mashaAllah its all about concealing sin :)

anonymous
12-03-2006, 03:09 PM
JazakAllah Khair all, Lol at snakelegs :rollseyes hey i appreciate advise from the kafir, why not huh? Every little helps...;)
Much appreciated.
Leme give a shout out to a sister, u know who u r, so JazakAllah, may Allah keep u in tha strugle, Keep firm
Stay ble$$d x x

Ninth_Scribe
12-03-2006, 08:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
Trance/dance music gives me a surge of energy through me and it always gives me a good feeling. That's a positive thing not a negative, so what's up?
I don't get it myself, but they have this issue with instruments. They get down with Acappella, so it's not a diss on melody... just artificial instruments. I actually like songs like Dobey Gray's 'Drift Away'... the part where they just clap to the chorus. And rap began with no instruments. I mean, it's not like you're being asked to take a vow of silence. I could work out some cool tunage that would satisfy both sides ;)

Does anyone know what the deal is with Mujahideen videos that lay on the reverb during their voice intros?

That's a synth. Are we saying electronic treatments are legal and wind instruments aren't?

Ninth Scribe

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-03-2006, 08:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Glacier*+

where is it that you guys listen to music?...in your bedrooms?...if that is the case, get out of there and get into the kitchen...get something to eat...that should help

then we'l bcum fatties lol

Ninth_Scribe
12-03-2006, 08:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
who wants advice from a kafir? nobody!!
i know the majority position on this board is music=haram, no instruments, etc etc.
so, accordingly, that would be your goal, i assume.
but, if in the mean time, you are having a hard time making the transition why don't you listen to music that is about god and the prophet?
:D :D :D :D :D

That was hilarious! I won't mention names, but someone once said to someone else: You're like the dude who treats his drunkardness with booze! The statement had me totally mystified... until now ;)

Ninth Scribe

Takumi
12-04-2006, 04:58 AM
fankoo
Salam brother, :happy: Thank you for sharing your thoughts and concerns with us.

The prophet said:

"None of you will attain complete iman unless he loves for his brother what he loves for himself".

It's just human that you want to get rid of the symptoms of your being down. I don't want to sound like an amateurish psycho therapist, but in my humble opinion, try to find a place like the library or a bookstore and sit down and write down the circumstances that usually bring you down. Listening to music or anything that takes you away from the real issue does not solve it.

Try to figure that out first. It works with me all the time. Then symptomatic relief will be the last thing in my agenda. Once you've figured it out, try to solve it or prevent yourself from being in that situation.

Do you enjoy writing? Research in education and psychology suggests that writing eases the stress a little bit. I find it rather therapeutic sometimes, but in all honesty, your step in listening to the Quran was a good one.

There are some chapters that I really like to read when I'm kinda down in the dumps, Al Inshirah is one of them, as the meaning gets to me every time.

Allah says:

1 Have We not opened your breast for you (O Muhammad (Peace be upon him))?
2 And removed from you your burden,
3 Which weighed down your back?
4 And raised high your fame?
5 So verily, with the hardship, there is relief,
6 Verily, with the hardship, there is relief (i.e. there is one hardship with two reliefs, so one hardship cannot overcome two reliefs).
7 So when you have finished (from your occupation), then stand up for Allahs worship (i.e. stand up for prayer).
8 And to your Lord (Alone) turn (all your intentions and hopes and) your invocations.

I hope this helps. May Allah give you the best of Iman and make you among his pious servants, ameen.

------
12-04-2006, 08:30 AM

Chek these Hadiths out:

Imran ibn Husain (Allah be pleased with him) reports that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “This Ummah will experience the swallowing up of some people by the earth, metamorphosis of some into animals, and being rained upon with stones”.
A man from amongst the Muslims asked: “O Messenger of Allah! When will this be?” He said: “When female singers and musical instruments appear and alcohol will (commonly) be consumed.”
(Recorded by Imam Tirmizi, Imam Ibn Majah in their respective Sunan collections, and the wording here is of Sunan Tirmizi)
Anas (Allah be pleased with him) reports that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give peace) said: “On the Day of Resurrection, Allah will pour molten lead into the ears of whoever sits listening to a songstress”
(Recorded by Ibn Asakir & Ibn al-Misri)
Those who indulge in the haraam music and singing of this world, will be denied the music of Jannat.

(7) Hadhrat Abu Musa Ash'ari (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Whoever listens to the sound of singing, he will not be given permission to listen to the (beautiful) voices of the Ruhaaniyyeen in Jannat." When it was asked: 'Who are the Ruhaaniyyeen?' Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "The Qaaris of Jannat." (Kanzul Ummaal)

In his Tafseer, Imaam Qurtubi comments: "We have mentioned this Hadith in Kitaabut Tathkirah along with other similar examples. Thus, he who consumes wine will be denied the pure drink (of Jannat) in the Aakhirah. He who wears silk will not wear silk in the Aakhirah, etc. All this is correct in meaning……"

Zuhaib
12-04-2006, 10:30 AM
i was the same. but ive started listening to naats and find them much better than mu7sic. music is sunnat and naats are. but thats me. trying listening to some. theres some on here isnt there?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!