/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Japan developing remote control for humans

Woodrow
12-02-2006, 04:55 PM
This is not science fiction. it is fact. The technology is there and Japanese Scientist are now at this point.

I found this by researching the later works of one of my Childhood Heros Dr. Jose Delgado. Delgado was essentially the father of modern neurology text books he is the guy that did the most work in mapping and lfinding the functions of the nervous system. Most of todays nero atanomy textbooks are based on his findings. He also went a bit farther then anatomy and into areas I believe can be used for evil purposes.

Here is one of the last public quotes by Delgado:

"The individual may think that the most important reality is his own existence, but this is only his personal point of view. This lacks historical perspective. Man does not have the right to develop his own mind. This kind of liberal orientation has great appeal. We must electronically control the brain. Someday armies and generals will be controlled by electric stimulation of the brain."
Dr José Delgado,
Director of Neuropsychiatry
Yale University Medical School Congressional Record,
No. 26, Vol. 118 February 24, 1974
Source: http://www.wireheading.com/jose-delgado.html

This is todays product of his work:

TSUGI, Japan (AP) -- We wield remote controls to turn things on and off, make them advance, make them halt. Ground-bound pilots use remotes to fly drone airplanes, soldiers to maneuver battlefield robots. But manipulating humans?

Prepare to be remotely controlled.

Just imagine being rendered the rough equivalent of a radio-controlled toy car.

Nippon Telegraph & Telephone Corp., Japans top telephone company, says it is developing the technology to perhaps make video games more realistic.

A special headset was placed on my cranium by my hosts during a recent demonstration at an NTT research center. It sent a very low voltage electric current from the back of my ears through my head -- either from left to right or right to left, depending on which way the joystick on a remote-control was moved.

I found the experience unnerving and exhausting: I sought to step straight ahead but kept careening from side to side. Those alternating currents literally threw me off.

The technology is called galvanic vestibular stimulation -- essentially, electricity messes with the delicate nerves inside the ear that help maintain balance.

I felt a mysterious, irresistible urge to start walking to the right whenever the researcher turned the switch to the right. I was convinced -- mistakenly -- that this was the only way to maintain my balance.

The phenomenon is painless but dramatic. Your feet start to move before you know it. I could even remote-control myself by taking the switch into my own hands.

There's no proven-beyond-a-doubt explanation yet as to why people start veering when electricity hits their ear. But NTT researchers say they were able to make a person walk along a route in the shape of a giant pretzel using this technique.

It's a mesmerizing sensation similar to being drunk or melting into sleep under the influence of anesthesia. But it's more definitive, as though an invisible hand were reaching inside your brain.

NTT says the feature may be used in video games and amusement park rides, although there are no plans so far for a commercial product.

Some people really enjoy the experience, researchers said while acknowledging that others feel uncomfortable.
Source:http://www.wireheading.com/robohuman/index.html

Be very cautious of the toys you buy for your children and grand children. The technology is there for us to lose our greatest gift, free choice

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
12-02-2006, 08:08 PM
Why can't Japanese scientists stick to making robots? I don't want to live in the Matrix.

I'm well aware that robots are the ones that ultimately put humanity into the Matrix, but robots are cool.

Woodrow
12-02-2006, 08:31 PM
The technology is scary. I am all in favor of progress that serves mankind, but it seems that the latest trend is for mankind to serve progress. Actually a lot of this is old hat, but it had been kept as strictly lab tool experimentation to find benefits in the fields of neurology. But, now the trend seems to be going for eventual control of at least some people.

If kept at this level it could be beneficial:

Guided rats - so-called ratbots - controlled through implants in their brains could one day be used to search for landmines or buried victims of earthquakes, scientists say.

The extraordinary experiment involves researchers steering five rats through an obstacle course by remote control.

Writing in the journal Nature, they say the ratbots could reach places inaccessible to humans or machines.

The researchers are led by Dr Sanjiv Talwar of the State University of New York.

Commands and rewards

Electrodes were implanted into areas of the rat brain responsible for sensing reward as well as those that process signals from their whiskers.

The commands and rewards were transmitted by radio from a laptop computer to a backpack receiver strapped to each rat.

The scientists were able to make the rats run, turn, jump and climb where they wanted from distances of up to 500 metres (1640 feet) away.

The ratbots negotiated an obstacle course which involved climbing a vertical ladder, running along a narrow ledge, hopping down a flight of steps, squeezing through a hoop and descending a steep ramp.

The scientists say, "Our rats were easily guided through pipes and across elevated runways and ledges, and could be instructed to climb, or jump from, any surface that offered sufficient purchase.
Source: http://www.wireheading.com/roborats/index.html

But now that it is being shown to same can be done with humans. Only a matter of time before a bell rings in the head of a frustrated wannabe dictator, who realises that a very controlable army can be made. No more needing to look for volunteers for dangerous assignment. No more disobediant troops.

Ismahaan
12-02-2006, 08:38 PM
I don't believe that anyone can control me using a remote control. Only Allah has the power to control, so they can keep dreaming.

They could, only slightly, control a person if they get a jinn to possess them.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
12-03-2006, 12:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ismahaan
I don't believe that anyone can control me using a remote control. Only Allah has the power to control, so they can keep dreaming.

They could, only slightly, control a person if they get a jinn to possess them.
You are right if you have strong Imam. But remember in todays world not everyone has strong Imam. Another reason we need to live as Islam teaches us to.

Pk_#2
12-03-2006, 12:24 AM
Hmm...

Interesting,

:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.