/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Assignment Resources

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-02-2006, 07:41 PM
Aslaaamalaikum :)

What types of sources do you normally use for your College/ uni assignment/assessments?

I mean you can use books, journals, Newpapers, conference papers, resrech reports, company reports, video and radio broadcasts or the internet. Which ones do you mainly use??

Anybody got any good links to sites that off IS/IT literature that may help with research on the subject?

there are loads just wondering what everyone else finds useful.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sum-Muslim-Gal
12-02-2006, 07:52 PM
Salam

college assignments i usually use my books which are relevant to my subjects am taking...internet i also use... this link for my sociology just catch up on extra work http://www.s-cool.co.uk/default.asp ..:D:D

eerm..oh yes i have to read the newspaper 'the Idependant':uhwhat and the news...

so i mainly stick to my books and my class notes..interent for extra studies..:D:D
oh and also the teachers give some good links for subjects too...which icant remember...:uuh:

what are you after brother didnt quiet get that..IS/IT literature.???

wasalam

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-02-2006, 08:39 PM
walaikumaslaaam sis

thanks for your reply...independant newpaper hey.

Just wondering if anyone has any info on Information techonolgy or on informations systrems such as articles n stuff but not really that bothered just if someone might think anything relevant can be posted to help then they should...they will know what im on about i hope lol

Sum-Muslim-Gal
12-02-2006, 09:11 PM
salam

lolzz yeeh independant coz we have weekly round up news paper...some game we play every mondays sociology lesson...:D:D

eerm yes i do IT Alevel but 'Applied It' but my resources come from our college website and theres a section on ICT about our units etc...

eerm you have a look http://www.hydeclarendon.ac.uk/links...ed_Technology/
but this aint the one am on about the college websits is updated so i dont know where that one is lolzz:D

oh its college stuff so you maybe in uni or summat lol.. sowie

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-02-2006, 09:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sum-Muslim-Gal
salam

lolzz yeeh independant coz we have weekly round up news paper...some game we play every mondays sociology lesson...:D:D

eerm yes i do IT Alevel but 'Applied It' but my resources come from our college website and theres a section on ICT about our units etc...

eerm you have a look http://www.hydeclarendon.ac.uk/links...ed_Technology/
but this aint the one am on about the college websits is updated so i dont know where that one is lolzz:D

oh its college stuff so you maybe in uni or summat lol.. sowie

Jazzak'Allah sis.

yeah am at uni Alhumdulillah.

I did similar sort of stuff when I did my Alevel IT aswell...

Sum-Muslim-Gal
12-02-2006, 09:21 PM
salam

aah..what a good guess coz assume evryone here is older than me:D:D

eerm how did you find Alevel ICT? for me its BORE!!!:uhwhat

i just dont really enjoy it at all...and am in my seocnd yr aswell and still stuck with it...aah

Random question if you dont mind me asking....
how the do you do a gant chart??? i do not have a clue did this last yr and just put loadsa stuff with made up dates and left it and then when i came to print it off it was all messed up lolzz..

sowie wasnt much of a help!! ah oh well am sure someone will come to your rescue...

wasalam

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-02-2006, 09:46 PM
salam

aah..what a good guess coz assume evryone here is older than me:D:D

eerm how did you find Alevel ICT? for me its BORE!!!:uhwhat

i just dont really enjoy it at all...and am in my seocnd yr aswell and still stuck with it...aah

Random question if you dont mind me asking....
how the do you do a gant chart??? i do not have a clue did this last yr and just put loadsa stuff with made up dates and left it and then when i came to print it off it was all messed up lolzz..

sowie wasnt much of a help!! ah oh well am sure someone will come to your rescue...

wasalam
It was ok I gained the basics and even though i wasnt really intrested in it myself I just got it done with.

gant chart is a chart that lists dates, tasks you might have to do and times you expect to start them and fisnish them. there is a Program called MS Project inwhich you can just type the tasks and dates in and it prints it out..It just gives a better idea of what you have to do and when and you can put milestomes and stuff init it aswell.

Sum-Muslim-Gal
12-02-2006, 09:51 PM
^^ aah i havent done one yet!!mmhhmm my assignments due in 3weeks oops..
am stressed!!!!am behind!!!aaaaah...

sorry for the spam i just had to let that out...imsad

i really cant do them gant chart things...imsad

wasalam

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-02-2006, 10:39 PM
^^ aah i havent done one yet!!mmhhmm my assignments due in 3weeks oops..
am stressed!!!!am behind!!!aaaaah...

sorry for the spam i just had to let that out...imsad

i really cant do them gant chart things...imsad

wasalam

same here aaaaaahhhhh!!!

they gannt charts are easy if you use MS Project, all you have to do is type the info in the boxes.

Sum-Muslim-Gal
12-02-2006, 10:52 PM
imsad they not easy yeh i can put loadsa stuff in but you have to do all sorts to it...aaah..imsad

am sat here doing jackall!!!!:heated:

learningislam
12-03-2006, 06:33 AM
:salamext:

you can use google scholar....
http://scholar.google.com/
Apart from that i try different search engines.....google, yahoo, findfast.....lots of others.

ANd finally, books from the library helps me too.

Hope you find it useful inshaAllah.

:wasalamex

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.