/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dawah Tips/Ideas.

- Qatada -
12-02-2006, 07:47 PM
:salamext:

Post your tips on dawah (inviting people) to islaam here insha'Allaah. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
12-02-2006, 07:49 PM
Like i've said in other posts:

In Da'wah we call to 3 aspects insha'Allaah

:

1) Tawhid (Oneness of Allaah, His Lordship, none is worthy of worship but Him, His Names & Attributes.)

2) Risaalah - Prophets/Messengers who come to convey Allaah's message.

3) Al-Aakhirah. [The Hereafter - judgement day, paradise/hellfire]

Like brother Kamal el Makki said, don't attack the other persons faith because they will hold onto the dirt in their hand tighter, instead show them your diamond (of islaam) and they will drop the dirt to hold the diamond instead insha'Allaah.

And like brother Muhammad al-Shareef said: Build a wall for them first [of islaam] then they will realise the weakness of their own wall, so they will seek protection under yours because they understand its true security and strength.

Try getting a good understanding of them aspects, and then your da'wah will be alot more easier insha'Allaah because this way you'll be taking the drivers seat instead of the other person.

Here's some beneficial links for dawah insha'Allaah:

http://www.beconvinced.com/

http://islamtomorrow.com/site_map.htm

Allaah Almighty knows best.

- Qatada -
12-02-2006, 07:53 PM

Whenever you call anyone to islaam, even if you have 100 differences - always pick the similarity as a starting point so you agree on something.

Use the same terminology as the person, so if the person is into computing/IT - then use that type of language etc. Don't use the language of medicine to someone who's an engineer because they won't feel comfortable with that.

Always keep a smile on your face. :)

Sum-Muslim-Gal
12-02-2006, 08:01 PM
salam

Some good tips there mashaAllah..:D

eerm..well when am giving dawaah when new sisters come to our house....

as brother mentioned above...
'speak clearly do not communicate in such away so that the others dont understand...so with me if some is very new to islam like they not practising then i talk very basic about the purpose of life this world hear after etc..just basic of islam...and then i always make sure they understood what i have said so i would repeat ...'have you understood?..what have you understood?..

eerm..speak clearly, dont go too much in depth, oh yes smile as the brother also mentioned..it always makes the geusts feel welcomed...i cant think of any more..

wasalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
12-02-2006, 08:01 PM

Whenever someone asks you regarding a certain issue i.e. "why do you wear that thing on your head? or on your face?" You should tell the person that they can't understand unless they know the main principles of islaam.

This is your chance to explain that we believe in One God, None is worthy of worship but Him and He created us for that purpose. He sends us messengers to convey that message, and they come with miracles which no normal person can ever replicate. The final messenger of Allaah was Muhammad (peace be upon him) and He came with the Qur'an, which is the speech of Allaah. You were commanded by Allaah to obey the messenger and follow the commands given. And this message is to all of mankind. This is why I obey the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) and so do more than a billion people in the world.

We are responsible for our actions and we will be judged on them, and we will be judged by our Creator, Allaah. Then the ones who believed none was worthy except Him and submit will be rewarded with paradise, and the disbelievers will be punished.

- Qatada -
12-02-2006, 08:05 PM
And among His Signs (in this), that you see the earth barren, but when We send down water (rain) to it, it is stirred to life and growth (of vegetations).

Verily, He Who gives it life, surely, (He) is Able to give life to the dead (on the Day of Resurrection). Indeed! He is Able to do all things.

[Qur'an 41:39]

Have you not looked at him who disputed with Ibrahim (Abraham) about his Lord (Allah), because Allah had given him the kingdom? When Ibrahim (Abraham) said (to him): "My Lord (Allah) is He Who gives life and causes death." He said, "I give life and cause death." Ibrahim (Abraham) said, "Verily! Allah causes the sun to rise from the east; then cause it you to rise from the west." So the disbeliever was utterly defeated. And Allah guides not the people, who are Zalimun (wrong-doers, etc.).

[Qur'an 2:258]

From there we can see that Prophet Ibrahim (peace be upon him) didn't waste his time arguing with Nimrud [the tyrant] about the issue of life and death, but he used a more powerful technique instead which would overpower him instead of arguing over something he [nimrud] was arrogant about already.

"How can you deny God, when you were dead and God gave you life? Then God will cause you to die, and then revive you, and then you will be returned to God." (Quran 2:28)

gladTidings
12-02-2006, 08:26 PM
:sl:

Some good advice, mashAllah, and a brilliant topic for a thread. Basicly you've already said what i wanted to....when doing dawah dont attack non-muslims, rather show them the beauty of Islam.

Also our own actions are a form of dawah, and actions sometimes speak louder than words. For example the incident between prophet (saw) and his jewish neighbour. We can pick out many tips in the seerah of the prophet (saw) inshAllah to help us in dawah.

- Qatada -
12-02-2006, 08:44 PM
:wasalamex

Yeah, i agree.. but for our actions to have an effect - we have to show that we actually are muslims. This way they feel that we do what we do because we are muslims, and not just because of culture.

So for instance i gave da'wah to a non muslim in my class for a little while, but it was only a 5min thing [i mentioned the points regarding tawhid, risaalah, and abit about afterlife all in one 5min package] - now that i talk to the guy, even if its not about religion - he might see me as a muslim instead of an asian.

We should also try to implement our identity as muslims, like growing the beard and wearing the hijaab because people will reflect on the fact that we're muslims and not just a culture. Which will warmen them to islaam insha'Allaah, but this can only be done if we actually show them we are, and give the message insha'Allaah.

gladTidings
12-02-2006, 09:05 PM

Yes, a very important point. I was once asked... Do you wear a headscarf because your married? lol. Its important when we are asked about our actions or manners, we relate this back to our religion..i.e. I do such and such a thing because i am muslim, and my religion teaches this. They may ask you why... and this is your opportunity for dawah inshAllah.

My elderly neighbour lives on her own, i visit her and help her whenever i get the opportunity. She feels indebted to me but i tell her, this is my duty as a muslim. It is important others recognise islam through our actions...but inshAllah firstly we should work harder to implement islam as much as we can.

- Qatada -
12-02-2006, 09:48 PM

Masha'Allaah, just keep remembering to mention ahadith and verses from the Qur'an to bring her closer to islaam, because if she accepts - then it is way better for her than loving islaam while still being a disbeleiver - because that still doesn't guarantee her paradise.

Sometimes the person wants to become muslim but they dont know the first step, and they may feel too embarrased to ask. So you gota hit the jackpot and gain that reward, if she doesn't accept - atleast you asked in a kind way insha'Allaah.

syilla
12-02-2006, 11:21 PM

any tips for the muslims...

:w:

- Qatada -
12-03-2006, 12:42 AM

For muslims, use mainly heart softeners and explain to them how islaam is the truth compared to all other faiths. [By using the Tawhid, Risaalah and Afterlife method above insha'Allah.]

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?cref=502&ln=eng

I'll explain more in detail tomorrow insha'Allaah.

Umm Safiya
12-03-2006, 01:36 AM

Masha Allâh, bârak Allâhu fîkum.. Great thread..

- Qatada -
12-03-2006, 12:35 PM

"How can you deny God, when 1) you were dead and 2) God gave you life? Then 3) God will cause you to die, and 4) then revive you, and then you will be returned to God." (Quran 2:28)

That aayah/verse has a powerful impact on the people because you say to the person, no matter what they are.

1) Were you alive 200years ago? Their going to say No obviously. [Which means they agree with point one in that verse]

2) Then the person was born, no matter how they think they were born - someone gave them life from just a drop of water (fluids of sperm etc.)

[the person agrees that they were created]

3) You will die. [the person agrees with this too]

The only point they differ on is the last point:

4) then revive you, and then you will be returned to God."

You have to make them reflect on the points mentioned previously. That if Allaah can give you life once when you were nothing, He can easily give us life once again when we are dust [because making something out of nothing is much harder than making something out of something already created.]

The person still might not agree, but then you use this verse:

And among His Signs (in this), that you see the earth barren, but when We send down water (rain) to it, it is stirred to life and growth (of vegetations).

Verily, He Who gives it life, surely, (He) is Able to give life to the dead (on the Day of Resurrection). Indeed! He is Able to do all things.

[Qur'an 41:39]

And I heard in Suhaib Webb's tafsir on Surah Qaaf and also in Imaam Anwar al Awlakis - Hereafter series that our resurrection on that day will be similar too.

Our bodies will be like dust, and our backbones. Then Allaah will send a liquid of rain to fall down, and we will grow into our bodies once again [like the plants do] by the will of Allaah.

Allaah Almighty knows best.

PS: Sister syilla, you can also use these kind of explanations to make the muslims understand. Because one of the biggest problems with us today is that most of us don't know much about islaam. So it will be beneficial to them too insha'Allaah.

Younus
12-03-2006, 01:02 PM
Da`wah - An Obligation

Abu `Abdil Kareem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An important matter for Muslims to realize is that da`wah is an obligation upon them. Allah (subhaanahu wa ta`aalaa) says in the Qur'aan:

"Invite to the Way of your Lord (i.e. Islam) with wisdom and fair preaching, and argue with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided." [al-Qur'aan, an-Nisaa'(16):125]

"Let there arise out of you a group of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining al-ma`roof [i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do] and forbidding al-Munkar [polytheism and disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden]. And it is they who are successful." [al-Qur'aan, Aal `Imraan (3):104]

The second verse may seem to be restricting the general obligation given in the first verse, but a close look at the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) reveals that calling to Allah is an individual obligation, rather than a collective one. The Prophet (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) has said: "Convey from me, even one verse." [al-Bukhaaree] Conveying the message therefore does not require a high level of scholarship, it is in fact a responsibility of each and every Muslim, according to his or her ability.

The obligation is further emphasized by the following verse which explains that not conveying the message - hiding knowledge - is disobedience to Allah that causes Allah's curse to descend upon such people, which shows that such a sin leads to the Hellfire.

"Verily, those who conceal the clear proofs, evidences and the guidance, which We have sent down, after We have made it clear for the people in the book, they are the ones cursed by Allah and cursed by the cursers." [al-Qur'aan, al-Baqara(2):159]

In the same connection, the Prophet (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) has stated, "Whoever hides knowledge, Allah will brand him with the branding iron from the hellfire." [Ahmad]

Calling people to Allah also means completing our own worship, the reason for which we are created. It is one of the noblest acts that entails a high reward.

"And who is better in speech than he who invites to Allah and does righteous deeds, and says: 'I am one of the Muslims.'" [al-Qur'aan, Fussilat(41):33]

With regards to the reward, the Prophet (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) has said: "Whoever guides [another] to a good deed will get a reward similar to the one who performs it." [Saheeh Muslim] Also, "By Allah, if Allah were to guide one man through you it would be better for you than the best type of camels." [al-Bukhaaree, Muslim]

learningislam
12-03-2006, 10:38 PM

I want to ask something..... related to dawah........
whats the best to say, when we are giving a leaflet, or a book (related to islam) to a non-muslim..as well to the muslims. I hope somebody gets what i am trying to ask?
Like....what should be said that it effects them more in a positive way?

- Qatada -
12-03-2006, 10:49 PM

You can even say a slogan like "What's the purpose of life? To obey the Creator." Then hand it over, thats what Kamal el Makki said.

When you hand the leaflet or book, say 'thankyou for your time' just to make the person feel appreciated.

Is that what you meant?

Younus
12-04-2006, 09:07 AM
How Does a Learned Person Call to Allah?

Imam Ibn ul Qayyim al Jawziyyah

Excerpted from the translator's footnotes to "An Explanation of Riyadh al-Saliheen"
by Shaykh Muhammad ibn Salih al-Uthaymeen
Translated from al-Fawa'id by Sajad ibn `Abdur Rahman, © 1998 Sajad Rana

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An advice on how to call to Allah the people immersed in the Dunya Ibn ul Qayyim al Jawziyyah

The learned individual does not command the people to abandon the Dunya, for they are incapable of abandoning it. Rather he instructs them to abandon wrongdoing with their [continue] residence in the Dunya. For the abandonment of the Dunya is supererogatory, but the abandonment of wrongdoing is obligatory. Accordingly, how can an [individual] be commanded to a supererogatory action, when he has [neglected] to establish an obligatory one?!

If the abandonment of wrongdoing becomes difficult for them to [endure], endeavour to make them love Allah by [means] of mentioning His Signs, His Blessings, His Munificence, His Perfect Attributes, and Exalted Descriptions. For indeed the heart is naturally inclined towards His love.

If it is attached towards His love, the abandonment of wrongdoing and independence from it, in addition to the persistence upon it shall become easy [to obtain]. Verily, Yahya ibn Mu`adh mentioned,

Questing for an intelligent [person] for [the affairs of] the Dunya,

Is superior to the abandonment of an ignorant [person] for it.

A judicious man invites people towards Allah, thus the [act] of responding becomes easy for them. An ascetic invites them towards Allah by the abandonment of the Dunya, thus the [act] of responding becomes difficult for them.

learningislam
12-05-2006, 02:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

"What's the purpose of life? To obey the Creator."

'thankyou for your time'

Is that what you meant?

Well.....they seem good....
I will try them inshaAllah....

if there's more..plz do add..

IbnAbdulHakim
12-06-2006, 10:54 PM
Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem

dawah tips for bro at a stall in a public place inshaAllah.

jazakAllah khair wa barakAllahu feekum ,

the help of the muslims during such times is something which truelly touches the heart.

May Allah accept all your efforts, may Allah make us all those who are righteous with good intentions. May ALlah help us to be of those who strive to help the deen.

Ameen !

IbnAbdulHakim
12-06-2006, 11:03 PM
any brother or sister that gives dawah, perhaps the best form to do it? what can make it more effective?

perhaps a printable article?

anything, please i really wish to study the art of dawah...

Sum-Muslim-Gal
12-06-2006, 11:05 PM
salam bro i think theres already a thread some where like this..:rolleyes:

one of bro fisaabillah's

waslam

IbnAbdulHakim
12-06-2006, 11:06 PM
^ JazakAllah khair, how cud i miss it :heated:

plz close this thread, fi-sabillillaah may Allah reward you bro, mashaAllah :)

Sum-Muslim-Gal
12-06-2006, 11:10 PM
lolz no worries here u go now read..:D

Salam

Far7an
12-06-2006, 11:13 PM

Threads merged.

I recommend everyone listens to a talk by Kamel el Makki titled "How to get a shahadah in 10 minutes." It should be available online somewhere, I'll try to find it inshaa'Allah. Obviously it doesn't garuntee that you'll get a shahadah after speaking to a non-Muslim for 10 minutes. However, it gives you tips on how to approach them and what to say when you have such little time.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-06-2006, 11:14 PM
jazakAllah khair

1. so be polite, smile

2. come to common terms.

3 show them the beauty of islam

4. show them the truth of islam

5. take it slow.

im gnna read these tips a few more times inshaAllah.

may Allah reward you fi-sabilillaah, may he grant you jannatul firdaus, may he let you into jannah, may you be given the honor of presenting a cat to abu hurayra as a gift in jannah

Ameen

Umar001
12-06-2006, 11:22 PM
I wrote an article as a Christian about Evangelising, the basic principles are the same, in the article I wrote that it would be useless to spend time preaching to a Muslim about the existance of God, but rather preaching the Trinity was more important since this is a difference. Same is applicable to Muslim, it is useless for a Muslim to spend hours convicing a Christian that there is a God.

The fundamental behind the above observation is that the person giving da'wah should analyse their subject. I emphesised this in the other article too, for example if there is a doctor and he is treating a patient, the doctor does not give the patient every pill and medication, no, the doctor would observe and study the patient and then give the appropiate medication needed. Kamal Al Mekki states something similar, in my own wording,

"Sometimes to save time you are forward, 'Hi are you Muslim?' and if they reply like 'No' and then you say 'Why not!' and the person then will give you an answer, and from this answer you know the problems he has and where to focous"

So it is clear, that once you know the person's difference or the persons problems and obsticles then you apply the correct medicine.

I think this is something Muslims need to take into consideration, some Muslims are high off of Ahmed Deedat debates and Zakir Naik debates and end up using those methods on every person, where as those methods by the two Shaykhs are appliable only to some people, and other methods to others, this is why it is important to study and observe what type of person you are talking to. I have seen Muslims go up to Jehova Witnesses saying "Why do you believe Jesus is God, Jesus is not God" not realising that Jehova Witnesses do not believe that. This would only make the Muslim look foolish but also it would indirectly show the Jehova's Witness that 'eh, this guy aint got nothing important to say he dont even know what he's talking about' so then why would they listen to someone telling them Islam is right?

That should be enough for now ;D

Eesa.

Umar001
12-06-2006, 11:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an

Threads merged.

I recommend everyone listens to a talk by Kamel el Makki titled "How to get a shahadah in 10 minutes." It should be available online somewhere, I'll try to find it inshaa'Allah. Obviously it doesn't garuntee that you'll get a shahadah after speaking to a non-Muslim for 10 minutes. However, it gives you tips on how to approach them and what to say when you have such little time.
:uuh:

Fi_Sabililah has linked it already bro.

Far7an
12-06-2006, 11:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
:uuh:

Fi_Sabililah has linked it already bro.
My bad! Yes he has, jazaakallahu khayran.

Muslim Woman
12-07-2006, 02:05 AM
I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

Listen to the holy Quran---the Final Testament
Recitation of Sura Fathiha by Shiekh Saad Al-Ghamdhi of Saudi Arabia
http://www.islamworld.net/fathiha.au

&&&

my ideas:

1. communicate positively :okay:

2. All holy books have one common message ---God is One.

We must bring this most imp point to their notice.

more to come Insha Allah later :)

Karimeldib
12-07-2006, 08:50 AM
Sh. Khalid Yassin's site www.challengeyoursoul.com this is really interesting site with lots of great lectures on da3wa for both Muslims and non-Muslims

hidden_treasure
12-07-2006, 12:37 PM
assalamu alaikum,

I was blessed by Allah to experience a few ppl coming to Islam, masha Allah.

One young woman i met was very sick, and was staying in a "natural medicine" type of hospital that i too was visiting with my then sick husband (may Allah have mercy on his soul..ameen). This particular hospital was in Indonesia.

Anyhow, i would see this woman everyday (not knowing if she spoke any english) i would smile to her, then wave, then i opened up a small converstaion with her. Before i knew it, we were becoming so close.

I found out that she was a catholic. I also found out she had bowel cancer, and it was spreading through her weak and fragile body. I loved this woman , as she has such beautiful manners, and was so kind. I didnt want her suffering in this life, and the hereafter as well. I would cry in my dua and ask Allah to help me to talk to her, and tell her exactly what i should say.

Alhamdulillah, i finally had the chance to sit down with her and have a one on one discussion about Islam. Firstly i told her of the similarities of both our religions. I also said to her that we too love jesus, but we do not worship him, we simply obey him, and worship the One true Creator. I would read her verses of the quran, and i even spoke to her of the bible. I said that i used to be a christian, and now im a muslim (and i told her of my struggle to find the truth). I also said to her that this life is short,it's nothing...that Paradise is much more beautiful, rewarding, everlasting...

I was so sincere, even more so, because by this stage i loved her...she became my close friend. When i said everything i wanted to say, i simply asked her what she then believed...what i heard next was the most delightful thing that sent shivers down my spine. She too believed. I witnessed her shahada...Allahu Akbar.

A few days later, she was to leave the hospital because she wasnt getting any better. She had lost her eye sight, and was losing weight, and couldnt walk. Shortly after this i left Indonesia to come back home.

When i came back home, i rang my dear friend, who was now also a sister in Islam. I was told that she had died...Inna lillahi wa inna ilali raajioon.

I must admit, i cried tears of happiness....as she came so close to the hell fire, yet Allah (the Most Merciful) guided her in her last days, so that she would be from the people of paradise, insha Allah.

Long story, yes, but this was my way with her, and i felt it was suitable...still everyday is a learning experience.Alhamdulillah.

syilla
12-07-2006, 02:25 PM
^^^sis...that is a lovely story :cry:

how is your husband? i hope you don't mind me asking :hiding:

Muslim Woman
12-08-2006, 12:58 AM
Salaam/peace to all;

format_quote Originally Posted by hidden_treasure

........ i cried tears of happiness....as she came so close to the hell fire, yet Allah (the Most Merciful) guided her in her last days, so that she would be from the people of paradise, insha Allah.

nice story....may Allah reward u sister for ur effort to show light to a dieing person. I wish , Allah increases me in knowledge & wisdom and i can also help non-Muslims.

Muslim Woman
12-08-2006, 01:04 AM
Salaam /peace to all;

while talking to Hindus , we can tell them about Prophet Muhammad (p) in Hindu Scriptures .

pl.visit the link to read the full article.

By Dr. Jamal Badawi

Chairman, Islamic Information Foundation - Canada

The Muslim testimony of faith is mentioned in the Upanishads.

........As a result of the clarity and explicitness of that prophecy, some Hindus actually enter into Islam, which has led some Hindu scholars to claim that perhaps this prophecy was written by a Hindu pundit who converted to Islam.

But this is refuted because this prophecy was referred to in some of the ancient Hindu books that predate the advent of Islam or Muslims to India (Vidyarthi).

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...am%2FDIELayout

IbnAbdulHakim
12-08-2006, 10:07 AM

been listening to Muhammad Alshareef's - Fiqh of Dawah, mashaAllah its really good, im gnna start making idea's for dawah projects inshaAllah :)

hidden_treasure
12-08-2006, 12:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
^^^sis...that is a lovely story :cry:

how is your husband? i hope you don't mind me asking :hiding:
Thanks sis..

Umm, my husband mentioned in that story passed away. May Allah have mercy upon his soul..ameen.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-08-2006, 12:37 PM
inna lillaahi wa inna ilaihi raajiun

may he get jannatul firdaus inshaAllah ta'ala !

------
12-08-2006, 12:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hidden_treasure
assalamu alaikum,

I was blessed by Allah to experience a few ppl coming to Islam, masha Allah.

One young woman i met was very sick, .......

I witnessed her shahada...Allahu Akbar.....

When i came back home, i rang my dear friend, who was now also a sister in Islam. I was told that she had died...Inna lillahi wa inna ilali raajioon.

Wow!....Masha'Allah! :'(

I'm sorry to hear about ur husband sis... Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi ra'jioon... may Allah swt have His mercy on him and grant him Jannat tul Firdous, Ameen.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-08-2006, 12:45 PM

Ameen thumma Ameen

- Qatada -
12-08-2006, 10:37 PM

A really common thing that alot of atheists or haters use are questions such as the following:

Can Allaah/God create a rock so heavy that no-one can pick it up?

What would you say?

Yes? If you said yes - then the person will respond, that if Allaah can create a rock so heavy that no-one can pick it up, then does that mean that God can't pick it up either?

Okay, what if you say No? Then the person will say that this goes the idea of there being a God.

The same can be said by christians; you say to them - why would God need a son? They would say, if God wants to have a son he can have one! Then you might say that God doesn't have a wife, they might say that God can do anything.. what response should you give?

The answer is really simple, all you have to say is this: Allaah only does what befits His Majesty.

So Allaah doesn't need to create a rock so heavy, or Allaah doesn't need to have a son because it doesn't befit His Majesty that He should have a son, a daughter, or a grandad etc.

[Extracted from Kamal el Makki's - How to give a Shahadah in 10mins]

And Allaah Almighty knows best.

Lina
12-10-2006, 05:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karimeldib
Sh. Khalid Yassin's site www.challengeyoursoul.com this is really interesting site with lots of great lectures on da3wa for both Muslims and non-Muslims

Yes,

You can listen to his Dawah Technique Course on google.

http://video.google.nl/videoplay?doc...q=khalid+yasin

His lectures are motivating Alhamdulilah.

Downloads:

They work now Insha'Allah

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

- Qatada -
12-14-2006, 04:15 PM

If someone asks you why men are allowed to marry 4 wives, ask them; why in the west is it 'allowed' for a man to marry a man?

You can also say, when a man marries more than one woman - it's his duty to treat all of them equally, and pay for her, the children and support them.

However, in the west - there is a limit to how much wives you can have [one] - but there's no law preventing a man from 'dating' or having relationships with any other women [the guy could even have 100 girlfriends, and the wife couldn't put any case against him.]

The final thing you could say is that islaam is the only religion which actually limits the man to have 4 wives, all other faiths don't even have any scripture which limits them to any number less or more than this.

Muslim Woman
12-17-2006, 02:08 AM
Salaam/peace to all :okay:

Attn: moderator;

i saw in other forum that they give related threads under the current one ; so that readers can visit those threads, too. Is it possible to do that here ? For instance , this topic has a related thread :When / When Not To Quote Other Sources (i.e. Bible, Torah, etc)

can u show this thread below ?

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...torah-etc.html

&&&&

- Qatada -
12-18-2006, 08:53 PM

For Da'wah (inviting to Islam) theres three main points you talk about; I believe:

1) Allaah

2) Prophets

3) Afterlife

1) In Allaah. You believe in Allaah's Lordship, none is worthy of worship except Him, and you can discuss His 99 names and attributes mentioned in the Qur'an [speech of Allah] and Authentic Sunnah [prophetic ways/sayings]

Allaah is the Lord of all the worlds, and no-one else except Him created everything, including ourselves. Even the beauty that you got. He created us simply so we would obey Him over the creation. Why do we obey Him? So we can be just/kind to the creation and be rewarded with good for that. Allaah was always, and will never die, no-one created Him and He created everything.

The laws of man are always so the person gets the best for themselves, so a ruler/leader might only make some rules which will be for his/her benefit, but why obey this person when you should be following the laws of your own Creator? Doesn't your Creator have more of a right over you? This is why we obey Him, and if Allah can make us live in this world, its easy for Him to bring us to life back once again. And why should Allah create us if we have no purpose in life? This is why we live our lives according to how God wants us to live, in return for reward [for obeying Him and submitting to Him] or turning away and rejecting Him, and therefore being punished for turning away from all the blessings which He has blessed you with.

Note: If you study the lives of the Prophets of God, you'll see that they lived simple lives because they don't have a desire to cheat people or trick them for money or power, but instead - they simply call to God and try to enjoin good and push away evil.

- Qatada -
12-18-2006, 08:54 PM
2) His Prophets/Messengers.

"Okay, so how do i know what God's really sent down to us ppl?"

God created everyone in a state of fitrah (natural innocence) where we all believe that there is only one God who could make us all and everything else, because obviously if they were lots of different gods, they would all be fighting with each other for power - one would probably lose, which would mean he would be weak - which means that he can't be god now can he? because God isn't weak, He is the all powerful. We know that there can only be one God, and this is why we turn to Him for help, even non muslims might at times of extreme hardship, like if a sharks chasing afta ya or somethin lol. It is also in our fitrah to incline to do good and to push away from evil.

Our fitrah gets altered due to our society so we might get brainwashed to believe one thing is good for us, even though it may be bad. So because of this, Allaah sends messengers and prophets to the people so they realise the difference between what is right and wrong. These prophets all have come to call to the worship of this One God who made us all, and they come with clear signs to make the people understand this, and they bring a law which God has revealed to the prophet

"How do i know who is a real prophet?"

Allaah sends the prophets with clear signs which no other person could have ever performed. So for instance we know that at the time of Moses (peace be upon him) - the people were the best among mankind who could perform magic [at pharoahs time] - so Allaah gave Moses miracles, for instance - he could throw his stick and it would turn into a real snake. [this is easy for Allah, because He can easily give life to the dead, and this stick was dead - Allah made it come to life.]

Jesus (peace be upon him) was also a prophet and a messenger of God who came to his people to call them to worship God alone. The people at his time were advanced in medicine, so Allaah blessed him with the ability to cure people who were seriosly ill, cures which couldn't be cured at that time like leprosy. One of the most famous miracles of Jesus is that he was born without a father, so his mother Maryam (Mary) [peace be upon her] gave birth to him without a father. If anyone claims that Jesus is divine [God] through this, you can easily say that Adam was born without a mother or father yet still, he was a servant of Allaah and not His son.

Muhammad (peace be upon him) has been prophecised in the New Testament [Gospel] and also the Old Testament] [Torah]. Because these scriptures were also sent down by God to their prophets, but some people distorted them because they were greedy to get their own way. This is why you see people saying Jesus is God instead of calling to the worship of God alone.

At the time of Muhammad (peace be upon him) the people were the best among mankind in their poetry. They felt that they could overcome anyone with their poetry and if anyone was to study the arabic language - they know its eloquence/depth/purety etc. Muhammad (peace be upon him) had been revealed the Qur'an by Allaah to explain to the people about the calling to the worship of Allaah alone without no associates, about the stories of the nations in the past who rejected their own Creator should be worshipped alone so they were destroyed. It explains about the afterlife, the day of judgement, hellfire, paradise etc.

The Qur'an is a miracle of itself because unlike any other scripture, it has been preserved by Allaah and will never be distorted. Allaah has challenged the disbelievers to try to make a chapter similar to it, yet no-one since 1400 years ago has been able to do that.

If anyone wonders why the Qur'an hasn't been distorted, its because the previous prophets only came to their own nations so it was upto the people to preserve it. But the Qur'an was revealed to all of mankind, so Allah will preserve it for us but we have to pass the message on [because its for all of the world.]

The Message for Muhammad (peace be upon him) has been the same as all the previous prophets, to call to the worship of Allaah Alone, and unlike the previous prophets who only came to their nation/people - the Qur'an [speech of God] and Sunnah [prophetic way/sayings] are for all of mankind till the day of judgement. There will be no more prophets after Muhammad (peace be upon him):

Muhammad is not the father of [any] one of your men, but [he is] the Messenger of Allah and last of the prophets. And ever is Allah , of all things, Knowing. [Qur'an 33:40]

syilla
12-19-2006, 01:03 AM

any tips to give da'wah to secular muslims?

thanks in advance

wassallam

Skillganon
12-19-2006, 01:20 AM

thanks in advance

wassallam
They exist don't they? :grumbling

Muslim Woman
12-19-2006, 01:55 AM
Salaam/peace;

thanks in advance

wassallam
U may invite them & others to watch the free online videoes

http://www.harunyahya.com/html/m_video_index.htm

ALLAH IS KNOWN THROUGH REASON

ALLAH’S ARTISTRY IN COLOUR

ANIMALS THAT CAN HIDE (FOR CHILDREN - 7)

THE COLLAPSE OF ATHEISM

ANIMALS THAT TRAVEL (FOR CHILDREN - 8)

THE COLLAPSE OF EVOLUTION

ANSWERS FROM THE QUR’AN 1

THE CREATION OF THE UNIVERSE

ANSWERS FROM THE QUR’AN 2

& more

- Qatada -
12-19-2006, 10:36 PM

thanks in advance

wassallam

Can you be abit more specific? Like do they reject ahadith? Or do they believe in the Qur'an and authenticity of sunnah?

What areas does it seem like they gone lost in?

Umm Safiya
12-19-2006, 11:02 PM

Not tryna sound stupid or anything, but what does secular mean?

al_faaris574
12-19-2006, 11:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Something

Not tryna sound stupid or anything, but what does secular mean?

According to the dictionary, the definition is,

1. of or pertaining to worldly things or to things that are not regarded as religious, spiritual, or sacred; temporal: secular interests.
2. not pertaining to or connected with religion

So put simply, Secular Muslims, would be Muslims who perhaps have less regard for the Deen, and tend more towards worldly indulgences.

Or perhaps it could be interpreted, that secular muslims may be those who reject Ahadith, and the status of Sunnah, in favour of "modernising" Islam.

Allah Allmighty knows best

- Qatada -
12-24-2006, 05:36 PM

To Christians or Jews [Ahlul Kitaab - People of the Book]

Instead of attacking christians/jews and attacking the bible/torah:

Use the bible/torah as something positive, and say that we believe in the original bible/torah.

But the same way God revealed the Old Testament [Torah], He sent the New Testament [Gospel] and the same way He sent the previous two, He sent the Final Testament [The Qur'an] and call the people to islaam in a good, positive way to show similarities between the scriptures, and then go to the differences once the persons comfortable with what you say inshaa'Allaah.

So you could discuss how all the religions call to the worship of One God, Allaah.

Explain how Allaah isn't just in islaam, but even christians and jews who speak arabic call God, Allaah.

You can use this link to see the prophecies of the Messenger of Allaah, Muhammad (peace be upon him) mentioned in the previous scriptures:

http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...sed-bible.html

Use verses from Surah Baqarah (2nd surah in the Qur'an), Surah Aal Imraan [3] & Surah Ma'eeda [5] as your discussion points between the jews and the christians, because Allaah is giving us tips on how to refute them especially in these surahs.

Especially verses which start off with the word kul [in arabic] which means - Say:

Say: "O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Do you criticize us for no other reason than that we believe in Allah, and in (the revelation) which has been sent down to us and in that which has been sent down before (us), and that most of you are Fasiqun [rebellious and disobedient (to Allah)]?"

[Qur'an 5:59]

And (both) the Jews and the Christians say: "We are the children of Allah and His loved ones." Say: "Why then does He punish you for your sins?" Nay, you are but human beings, of those He has created, He forgives whom He wills and He punishes whom He wills. And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them, and to Him is the return (of all).

[Qur'an Surah Ma'eeda [5:18]

O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Why do you dispute about Ibrahim (Abraham), while the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel) were not revealed till after him? Have you then no sense?

Verily, you are those who have disputed about that of which you have knowledge. Why do you then dispute concerning that which you have no knowledge? It is Allah Who knows, and you know not.

Ibrahim (Abraham) was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but he was a true Muslim Hanifa (Islamic Monotheism - to worship none but Allah Alone) and he was not of Al-Mushrikun [the polytheists/disbelievers]

[Qur'an 3: 65-67]

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians): Come to a word that is just between us and you, that we worship none but Allah, and that we associate no partners with Him, and that none of us shall take others as lords besides Allah. Then, if they turn away, say: "Bear witness that we are Muslims."

[Qur'an 3:64]

Woodrow
12-24-2006, 05:46 PM
We have no need to disprove any other religion. It is sufficient to simply say:

"I am Muslim because I believe in Allah(swt) and the truth of Allah(swt). I know the Qur'an is the True word of Allah(swt) and I know Islam shows us the way to follow his word."

Then we can explain why we believe the Qur'an is the truth. We do not need to prove if anything in any other scripture is false.

Muslim Woman
02-16-2007, 01:52 AM
Salaam/peace;

Those who want to give Dawa orally , do u know the verses of Holy Qur'an from Surah Taha, Ch. No. 20, verses No. 25 and 28?

It's a very useful prayer ; try to memorise it & recite before the dawah. Dr. Zakir Naik , today's famous Muslim scholar recite it before his lecture.

Rabbish Rahli Sadri

war simli amri

wahlul ukh datam milli sani

yaf kahu kawli

[ pl. check the Arabic with Quran , i wrote it from my poor memory :hiding: ]

(Moses) said: "O my Lord! expand me my breast;
26. "Ease my task for me;

27. "And remove the impediment from my speech,
28. "So they may understand what I say:

from Zakir's site:

When Allah Subhana Wa Taala, Almighty God asks Prophet Moses (peace be upon him) to deliver the message to the Pharoah, Moses (peace be upon him), he prays to Almighty God, Allah Subhana Wa Taala, and recites these verses. (Arabic)….

'Oh my Lord expand my breast for me, Expand my center for me, (Arabic)… And make my task easy for me,(Arabic)… And remove the impediment from my speech'

&&&

- Qatada -
02-16-2007, 02:04 PM

Qur'an 20:25

Qala rabbi ishrah lee sadree

[Musa (Moses)] said: "O my Lord! Open for me my chest (grant me self-confidence, contentment, and boldness).

20:26

Wayassir lee amree

"And ease my task for me;

20:27

Wahlul AAuqdatan min lisanee

"And make loose the knot (the defect) from my tongue, (i.e. remove the incorrectness from my speech) [That occurred as a result of a brand of fire which Musa (Moses) put in his mouth when he was an infant]. [Tafsir At-Tabari, Vol. 16, Page 159].

20:28

Yafqahoo qawlee

That they may understand my speech.

http://quranicrealm.com/viewverses.php?q=20&langs=393

Muslim Woman
02-23-2007, 01:26 AM

Salaam/peace;

Jazak Allah.

before speech , one needs to recite from rabbi ishrah lee like this :

rabbi ishrah lee sadree

Wayassir lee amree

Wahlul AAuqdatan min lisanee

Yafqahoo qawlee

:okay:

NoName55
03-01-2007, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al_faaris574

According to the dictionary, the definition is,

1. of or pertaining to worldly things or to things that are not regarded as religious, spiritual, or sacred; temporal: secular interests.
2. not pertaining to or connected with religion

So put simply, Secular Muslims, would be Muslims who perhaps have less regard for the Deen, and tend more towards worldly indulgences.

Or perhaps it could be interpreted, that secular muslims may be those who reject Ahadith, and the status of Sunnah, in favour of "modernising" Islam.

Allah Allmighty knows best
Am I secular, If I refuse to willy nilly pronounce takfir on every tom dick and harry?
or
Am I secular because I want myself and my neighbors of any or no faith to live in harmony?
or
Am I a secular dog If I am a young serviceman in Pakistan?

it is being used as a term of derision

ABDUL HAQ
03-05-2007, 11:46 PM
with the aadaab of huzoor s.a.w.
and faith that only allah has the power to change hearts
we go into the ummah with a smile and an open heart

BEING THE change we wish to see in the world:)

whilst gaining our own connection with allah:)

and inviting others to do the same

AbuAbdallah
03-06-2007, 09:16 AM
salaam,
I didn't read this whole thread, so I am not sure if this has been mentioned or not. But, here is an example from the story of Prophet Yusuf (AS) and his dawah technique.

36. And two youths entered the prison with him. One of them said: I saw myself pressing wine. And the other said: I saw myself carrying bread on my head, of which birds ate. Inform us of its interpretation; surely we see you to be of the doers of good.

37. He said: There shall not come to you the food with which you are fed, but I will inform you both of its interpretation before it comes to you; this is of what my Lord has taught me; surely I have forsaken the religion of a people who do not believe in Allah, and they are deniers of the hereafter:

38. And I follow the religion of my fathers, Ibrahim and Ishaq and Yaqoub; it beseems us not that we should associate aught with Allah; this is by Allah's grace upon us and on mankind, but most people do not give thanks:

39. O my two mates of the prison! are sundry lords better or Allah the One, the Supreme?

40. You do not serve besides Him but names which you have named, you and your fathers; Allah has not sent down any authority for them; judgment is only Allah's; He has commanded that you shall not serve aught but Him; this is the right religion but most people do not know:

If you notice, before Yusuf (AS) told them about the interpretation of their dreams, he gave them a beautiful and concise talk about tawheed.

Yanal
03-09-2007, 12:48 AM
my dua is that one day before the day of judgement everybody will become a muslim and do the 5 pillars i don't want any person to go to hell becuz i like everyone to go to heaven so please dua this for not only me for everyone else including u and also make dua that i will go to the 7th heaven please

Yanal
03-09-2007, 12:49 AM
that is my dua and please ask allah to make Yanal's dua come true that everyone become's a muslim and does the five pillar please Love Yanal

wa salaam

Muslim Woman
03-09-2007, 07:19 AM

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

With the name of ALLAH (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
that is my dua and please ask allah to make Yanal's dua come true that everyone become's a muslim and does the five pillar please Love Yanal

wa salaam

&&

sadly , some evil people will never listen . So , eternal hell fire is waiting for them . If everybody becomes Muslims , then hell will be empty .....it will be injustice to hell..... right ?

So , let's pray that Insha Allah , Devil won't be able to drive us & our near dear ones in the hell fire ....Ameen.

:statisfie :)

- Qatada -
03-17-2007, 03:44 PM

These short videos are good for dawah:

What does Islaam really teach?

Media Tags are no longer supported

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIxIk2Wta58&eurl=

The 99 Beautiful Names of Allah

Media Tags are no longer supported

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFh6gXmWdIo

- Qatada -
03-27-2007, 04:53 PM

Dawah to Atheists [people who don't believe in God]

The Majority of mankind has always believed in a God, whether it's nowadays or ages ago. Therefore the claim that God is part of imagination can be proved wrong with that [i.e. the majority of mankind always believing in a Creator.] Atheists have always been a minority.

Whenever you talk to an atheist, by fitrah [the natural way that Allaah has created us] we know that God exists - ask them why they don't personally believe in God. Because in reality, it's common sense and the way Allaah created us that we do know that Allaah is watching over us etc. Their claim that we are blindly following can be refuted by saying the majority of mankind has always believed in a God. So they're the ones who are wrong.

So ask them why they don't personally believe in God. This will help to focus on specific points related to them inshaa Allaah.

However, not all atheists believe in the big bang theory.

Some arguments you can put forward to Atheists:

For Every Design - there needs to be a Designer.

Some atheists might say that everything fitted perfectly by chance.

Logically you would say that if something is done by chance, not every single aspect of it is perfect. So if you flicked some paint on a wall - it wouldn't create a piece of art perfectly, even though there may be some good effects to it. But every single aspect of it wouldn't be exactly perfect, whereas anywhere you go on earth - there is perfection and the things which may seem bad are in reality for a better purpose for the people.

This leads to the issue of good and evil, people might ask: how can there be a God if there is evil in the world? You simply say that there might be something good from that evil, but we don't know the good behind it as we don't know the future, yet Allaah does.

A small example of that can be that getting poked by a needle may not look good, feel good etc. but the doctor does it for a greater purpose [because they have more knowledge] - to give us an injection to cure a problem that might have come to us in the future [that might have been worse.]

I'll continue this after a little while inshaa Allaah.

Abdul-Raouf
03-28-2007, 02:20 AM
I. Ways of Relating to People

A. Be attentive and show concern. When shaking hands.
The Prophet (pbuh) never released his hand first,
and never turned his face away from others until they did.

1. Be consistently considerate 4. Share in others' interests.
2. Inquire about the absent 5. Exchange gifts
3. Visit the sick 6. Listen to and look at the
speaker

B. Address people by the names they like
One day the prophet asked a man about his name, and he replied
that it was Abdulhajjar (slave of stone). The prophet said
"No, you're Abdullah" (the slave of Allah)

II. Requirements for Effective Da'wah

A. Don't blame the people for their mistakes or be critical.

1. Many people are hypersenstive to criticism.
2. Some people become defensive when blamed. When Musa went
to Pharoah, Allah said, "but speak to him mildly...... ..
perchance he may take warning or fear (Allah)".

B. Don't embarrass by correcting someone in front of others.

The Prophet (pbuh) used to use plurality when correcting a
particular person in front of a group. For example, he would
ask the group, "what do you think about those who do
such-and-such a bad thing?".

C. Satisfy the people's halal needs.

1. Help those in need
2. Don't wait to assist the needy until they ask you
3. The prophet (pbuh) always helped the needy
4. The Prophet (pbuh) said, "Whosoever removes a worldly grief
from a believer, Allah will remove from him one of the griefs
of the Day of Judgement. whoever alleviates [the lot of] a
needy person, Allah will alleviate [his lot] in this world
and the next.

D. Always be fair, just, and honest

E. Give others sincere respect and heighten their self-esteem.

1. Remember, if the respect you show others is not genuine
you will be showing hypocrisy, rather than respect.
2. One day a mushrik came to the prophet (pbuh) who was sitting
with Abu Bakr on his right. The Prophet had Abu Bakr move to
left,and had the mushrik sit on his right,a position of honor.
3. Two brothers came to speak to the Prophet (pbuh) when the
younger of them spoke first, the Prophet interrupted him and
asked the older to start.

F. Don't be angry or retaliate for injury to yourself, but be angry
or retaliate only for wrongdoing in the view of Allah.

III. Techniques for Growing Closer to Others

A. Attempt to understand deeply those you deal with

1. Find out their background (cultural, educational, social, etc)
because that helps in finding access to their minds and hearts.
2. Attempt to know everyone equally well. Favoritism creates
mistrust and hurt feelings.

B. Be simple, moderate, and respectful

C. Do not insulate yourself from the bad people. They need you more
than the others.

D. Be tactful

1. Avoid personal questions and embarassing comments
2. Address the person according to his level of understanding

E. Be cheerful and enthuisiastic

Al-Harith, a companion said, I have never seen anyone who smiled
most of the time as the Prophet (pbuh) did.

F. Present a pleasant appearance

1. Be clean and neat
2. Observe decency in dress
3. Wear clothing that is harmonious to the total outfit
4. The prophet (pbuh) saw someone with uncombed hair and asked,
"Didn't you find something with which to comb it?"
5. Never eat raw onion or garlic when going to the masjid or to
meet with people.

IV. Obstacles to Da'wah

A. Don't be afraid of temptation.

Some peole fear contact with non-Muslims for fear of
succumbing to their bad influence. the remedy for this is
to strengthen one's faith.

B. Don't be shy.

1. Some people lack the courage to mix with others and socialize.
2. The remedy for this is practice.

C. Fear of one's inability to express oneself and lack of
confidence in one's capabilities for logical analysis and
persuation. The remedy for this is practice.

V. The field for Da'wah: school, neighborhood, workplace and family.

- Qatada -
04-05-2007, 12:08 PM

Dawah to Atheists[people who don't believe in God]

This is a really good refutation alhamdulillah using logic that God cannot be created.

Many times people say that such a magnificent creation needs to be created by God, then atheists might attack and ask: then who created God?

Insha Allaah this will answer that using logic.

Creation <-- God

^ That's how the believers see, it.

Let's use the logic of the atheists and see what would happen if 'the Creator was created.'

Creation <-- God <-- Creator [but he needs a creatoralso] <-- Creator [Again, but he needs a creator] <-- Creator <---- Creator <-------------- - infinity -

(the arrow [<--] means 'created by')

From there we can see that if God needed a Creator, then He couldn't have been created since it would take infinite amount of time for Him to be created, which would mean we couldn't be created since it would take forever for our Creator [God] to be created. Which proves that God cannot be created.

The same can be said about atheists who believe that this universe was never created and its been here forever, because if it's been here for an infinite amount of time - then we would never be here since scientists say we have only existed for a certain million amount of years, if thats the case - then how about the infinity time before that? Why weren't we here at that time?

Infinite time means there was no starting point for the universe, and if that is the case - then there should be no starting point for us either. Which contradicts science.

All the praise is for Allaah who gave us understanding.

aamirsaab
04-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Ultimate dawah tip:

Talk about Islam over a bucket of halaal chicken - you cannot lose.

The above method was tried, tested and perfected many times by me.

al-fateh
04-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Patience is a great virtue in making Dawah

- Qatada -
04-09-2007, 01:14 PM

Here's a good link to the mention of Allaah's final Messenger, Muhammad (peace be upon him) prophecised in the peoples' own scriptures:

Old Testament:
http://www.islamicboard.com/153815-post1.html

New Testament:
http://www.islamicboard.com/385376-post5.html

In hindu scriptures:
http://www.islamicboard.com/655482-post26.html

main thread:
http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...criptures.html

Muslim Woman
04-09-2007, 03:51 PM

With the name of ALLAH (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

&&&

Here's a good link to the mention of Allaah's final Messenger, Muhammad (peace be upon him) prophecised in the peoples' own scriptures:

Old Testament:
http://www.islamicboard.com/153815-post1.html

New Testament:
http://www.islamicboard.com/385376-post5.html

In hindu scriptures:
http://www.islamicboard.com/655482-post26.html

main thread:
http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...criptures.html
---may i re-post it in another forum ? I will post the link of this forum , of course :statisfie

- Qatada -
04-09-2007, 04:51 PM

Inshaa Allaah please do, just remember to keep your intention for the sake of Allaah.

- Qatada -
04-12-2007, 01:26 PM

If someone ever asks you why a person should go to hellfire if they've disbelieved in this life for only maybe about 70years, then alhamdulillah we have an answer to that:

If someone called a person to Islaam, and the person rejected the message when it was clear and apparent to them - then they would probably continue in their disbelief, and if given an immortal life - they would persist in their disbelief. So being punished in the hellfire forever wouldn't be unjust. Since that person if given a life of eternity would remain in the state of disbelief [forever] anyway.

How do you know i would remain in disbelief forever? the person might ask.

Well why don't you accept Islaam now if the message is so clear?

Anyone who is sincere, Allaah will guide them to the truth.

Allaah says:

“O My slaves, all of you are astray except those whom I guide, so ask Me for guidance, and I will guide you. O My slaves, all of you are hungry except those whom I feed, so ask me for food and I will feed you. O My slaves, all of you are naked except those whom I clothe, so ask Me for clothing and I will clothe you. … O My slaves, if the first of you and the last of you, your humans and your jinn, were to stand on a single plain and ask of Me and I were to give each one what he asked for, that would not cause any loss to Me greater than what is lost when a needle is dipped into the sea.”

Narrated by Muslim (#2577).

The Prophet (Peace be upon him) said: Allah the Almighty said:

I am as My servant thinks I am (1). I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.

(1) Another possible rendering of the Arabic is: "I am as My servant expects Me to be". The meaning is that forgiveness and acceptance of repentance by the Almighty is subject to His servant truly believing that He is forgiving and merciful. However, not to accompany such belief with right action would be to mock the Almighty.

It was related by al-Buhkari (also by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn-Majah).

However if someone isn't sincere, then that shows that they don't want to fulfill the true purpose that they are created for. You have to warn these people of the hellfire [give them description of the fire] and give them glad tidings that if they submit [Islaam means submission to Allaah] they will be rewarded with a great reward of Jannah [Paradise - then give description of Jannah from Qur'an and Sunnah], since that is the real life which is forever - and this life is only temporary.

http://www.islamicboard.com/akhira-h...an-sunnah.html

ummAbdillah
04-12-2007, 02:36 PM
salaam
Brother Fi-sabilillah jazakallah khair
for the videos
wa salaam

Umm Yoosuf
04-16-2007, 06:11 PM
Al Haawee Min Fataawa Ash Shaykh Al Albaanee: P.494

In the Name of Allaah, All Compassionate, All Merciful

How to Debate with non-Muslims - 1

Ash Shaykh Al ‘Allaamah Al Muhadith Naasir Al Albaanee

Question: A Muslim asks how to respond to a non-Muslim who says that Allaah is unjust because He punishes people who died more than 500 years ago.

Answer: It is not permissible for you to debate with this non-Muslim because firstly, those who debate non-Muslims must have knowledge of the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah. Secondly they must be intelligent, understanding and be acquainted with the methods of debating with non-Muslims.

You do not start by responding to this person's misconception, you start with the issue of whether he believes if Allaah created this world or not, then you keep progressing downwards until you reach this particular issue of disbelief, and then it can be thwarted. But how cay you skip all these stages, and try to save him from misguidance with this particular issue?! He is a disbeliever in the foundation, a disbeliever in Allaah the majestic, and you're trying to convince him that Allaah, who is non existent according to him, is just?

Questioner: Subhan-Allaah!

Shaykh: This is impossible. Therefore we advice you not to occupy your time with this?

Questioner: Shaykh, I do not occupy my time with this, but he is one of those people who come and sow misconceptions, so I responded to him by citing one of the first verses of the Quraan: {Those who believe in the unseen.} That was my response to him Shaykh.

Shaykh: This response is of no benefit, because he is not a believer in the Book! Nor is he a believer in the Lord of the Book! What is the benefit of debating with him [in this issue].

Questioner: There is no benefit.

Shaykh: A similar thing happened to me while I was in Damascus, someone asked me; 'How did Muhammad ascend to the heavens when it is scientifically proven that whoever travels beyond the atmosphere dies?'

Questioner: Allaahu Akbar!

Shaykh: The first thing I asked him was; 'Do you believe in Allaah?'

He said: 'Yes I do.'

'Ok, do you believe in the Messenger of Allaah?'

He said: 'Yes I do.'

'Good, do you believe in miracles?'

He said: 'No.'

I said: 'Do you believe in medicine?'

He said: 'Yes.'

'Doctors says that some humans have two hearts. One on the right and the other on the left. Do you know anything about medicine?'

He said: 'No, nothing.'

'If doctors publish this information that you don’t know anything about, would you believe in it?'

He said: 'Yes I would.'

'Even though doctors may be mistaken, deceptive and so on. We know that the person who informed us of the ascendance is the most truthful of people, the Messenger of Allaah, since it is Allaah that revealed to him:

{Glorified (and Exalted) is He (Allaah) Who took His slave on a journey by night from Al-Masjid Al-Haraam to Al-Masjid Al-Aqsaa…}

'Do you doubt this?'

I then showed him a magazine…debate goes on…

The whole point in narrating this story to you is to show you how to debate progressively with non-Muslims. Did you understand?

Questioner: Yes I understood, may Allaah reward you well.

Shaykh: May Allaah safeguard you, do you have another question?

Questioner: No.

To be continued…

Translator: Nadir Ahmad, Abu Abdul-Waahid

- Qatada -
04-23-2007, 11:01 AM

Evolution theory?

I was reading a thread once, about how some evolutionists believe the first cell came into existence.

Because we know that they believe the big bang occured, then the whole bang caused planets to come into existence, then within the planet earth there was a gradual change in temperature. Then they believe that a living cell came into existence, then they believe that many cells were created and turned into animals, which then evolved into other animals, and some turned into fish, and later evolved into other beings which then might have turned into humans.

They say it all happened 'by chance.'

This was an explanation given by a sister on the forum:

format_quote Originally Posted by khushnood
salam!

most of them believe that all the constituents of the cell came together at random and by chance they produced the first living cell.one just wonders how they can think of all the countless amazing processes of nature as chance.for instance,how can one believe that the amino acid coding in a protein is random/.a protein comes into existence when these amino acids[20 in number] align themselves and join up with each other,sort of hand in hand,in a particular sequence...like:
a+g+e+t+g+c+d+q+a+f+e+d+k+m....... where each letter is for an aa[amino acid].go on joining these aa's until u have say 100 links-which is a modest length of a protein .now, assume that we get a protein.but remember,after u have made those 100 links,u cant alter the sequence.in the example, if u change the 5th link "s" to say"b",the protein will not come into existence.u must have every aa at its rightful place.

now consider,what are the chances that a protein came into existence by itself?i ask another question, can a body of a 100 trillion cells,which makes 2000 proteins every second in every cell come into existence just by "chance".

Allah says in the holy Quran:

Alif Lam Meem Ra.

These are the verses of the Book. And that which has been sent down to you from your lord is the truth. But most people do not believe.[Qur'an Surah al-Rad 13]

So this shows the weakness of the evolution theory and how even the theory is so weak.

The reason why i'm mentioning this is because we usually think that the evolution theory is so advanced, so we don't even bother going into it. And we might sometimes wonder how to refute these people, so i just wanted to post this to show how weak there theory really is.

Allaah says in the Qur'an:

Were they created of nothing, or were they themselves the creators?

Or did they create the heavens and the earth? Nay, they have no firm belief.

[Qur'an Al-Tur 52: 35-6]
It's true, they have no firm belief.

Anyway here's a good link which has some short vids on how a cell is so advanced, and it couldn't have been created 'by chance' - but instead by a a Creator, who has Power over all things, and He is the Most Wise, All Knowing, the Originator of all things.

http://www.islamicboard.com/health-s...-must-see.html

IbnAbdulHakim
04-23-2007, 11:36 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by akhee fil islam
How do you know i would remain in disbelief forever? the person might ask.

Well why don't you accept Islaam now if the message is so clear?
that reminds me so much of Nuh AS, imagine how he must have felt knowing none of them are ever going to be guided.

But lets take a lesson from Nuh AS, even AFTER Allah told him that no-one will be guided, even AFTER he made the ark, even then he still asked his son to join him.

subhanAllah...

- Qatada -
04-23-2007, 02:37 PM

You mean Prophet Nuh [Noah] ? :p

Confucius
04-23-2007, 04:17 PM

Evolution theory?

I was reading a thread once, about how some evolutionists believe the first cell came into existence.

Because we know that they believe the big bang occured, then the whole bang caused planets to come into existence, then within the planet earth there was a gradual change in temperature. Then they believe that a living cell came into existence, then they believe that many cells were created and turned into animals, which then evolved into other animals, and some turned into fish, and later evolved into other beings which then might have turned into humans.

They say it all happened 'by chance.'

This was an explanation given by a sister on the forum:

[/indent]So this shows the weakness of the evolution theory and how even the theory is so weak.

The reason why i'm mentioning this is because we usually think that the evolution theory is so advanced, so we don't even bother going into it. And we might sometimes wonder how to refute these people, so i just wanted to post this to show how weak there theory really is.

Allaah says in the Qur'an:

Were they created of nothing, or were they themselves the creators?

Or did they create the heavens and the earth? Nay, they have no firm belief.

[Qur'an Al-Tur 52: 35-6]
It's true, they have no firm belief.

Anyway here's a good link which has some short vids on how a cell is so advanced, and it couldn't have been created 'by chance' - but instead by a a Creator, who has Power over all things, and He is the Most Wise, All Knowing, the Originator of all things.

http://www.islamicboard.com/health-s...-must-see.html
salamunalikum...

actually on the contrary the theory of evolution is quite advanced scientifically....not that i support it in the least...

when i was in one of my biochemistry lectures in uni, my lecturer was just trying to explain how the theory of evolution is supported thru biochemistry...

it goes like this (btw this if from memory i dunno the details cos i never listen nwy..but try google it)
aparantly this scientist wanted to make organic molecules out of inorganic molecules..which was never achieved before...so he constructed this wierd apparatus and basically introduced inorganic molecules i.e. Nitrogen, hydrogen, oxygen...and then electricity was applied...similar to lightening...etc. and at the end of it he condensed the material and found in the water, which was previously sterile, he discovered many organic molecules i.e. guanine adenine thymine..these are the basic building blocks of proetiens....which are the building blocks of dna etc. so from these they say how evolution is supported..and they cum up with rly scientifically strong theorys...

nwy she said some other stuff...but my point is the theory of evolution is quite scientifically advanced and backed up ...so yeah we know we didnt evolve but when we are presented with evidence like this we just say it happened by the WILL of Allah(swt).

nwy i just wanted to point out that its better to have sound scientific knowledge in this area or the evolutionist will make u look like a fool....

(btw i hope no one takes offence...just wanted to explain sum stuff...)

- Qatada -
04-23-2007, 04:24 PM

Jazaak Allaah khayr for clearing that up sister.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-23-2007, 04:32 PM

You mean Prophet Nuh [Noah] ? :p

yes LOL ;D i cant believe i dont that ;D

- Qatada -
04-28-2007, 01:27 PM

Sister nuj, i was thinking over what you said. And i think there was a proof which i heard in a lecture by Imaam Anwar Al-Awlaki.

He said that some scientists in germany came together and got all the material required to create a 'functioning' body, when they had created it - they needed to bring it to life. So they probably used that 'lightning theory' and what they did was use them "shockers" (that they use in the hospital) which bring a person back to consciousness after being in a state of unconsciessness. So that could be a reflection of their idea of the 'lightning' bringing the first cell to life.

Their results were negative, i.e. the body never came to life. And we as muslims know that the secret to a bodies life is its soul, and when the soul isn't there - there is no life in the body.

So Allaah knows best, but that could be a proof against them where they claim that it was 'lightning' which gave 'life' to the first cell on earth.

Confucius
04-28-2007, 01:43 PM
lol, ive heard that lecture before....okay one question...have u ever read the story Frankenstien???

I studied it for GCSE err...2 years ago, nwy basically what happens in Frakenstien is what the german scientist rly did...only in frankenstien, Victor was successful and the germain scientist wasnt.

nwy a bit of the history on when the book was written...in the time scinece was taking huge leaps ... this was like nearly a 100 years ago...and these german scientist do this..what a 100 years later and expect to be successful in infusing life to a human form like the fictional character Dr. Frankenstien??

the point im making is the theory of evolution and how oraganelles came into exsientence starts from a MICRO level...we dont first get a body and bring it to life...we first try and create organic molecules from inorganic ones....

the german scientists were trying to err...run before they can walk.

now scientists are starting from the basic of all organisms, the prokaryotic...and then they theorise how the eukarytoes came into being...from the eukaryotes comes the exsistence of Trillions of life forms.

and they were able to create organic molecules from inorganic one's .... thats a huge leap...they created amino acids/DNA bases etc...that should tell u why their so overjoyed.

plus u must relalise with every new discovery they make it so it twists and fits the theory of evolution....so theres no use using science at this level to refute evolution unless u have a phD in that area! thats all i was trying to say.

But the way i see it...if u study biochemistry u see EVERY particle, organelle, cell, organ has a function. so i always say surely we also have a function, surely the human system with its complexities which are mind blowing, hasnt all come about so we can party, fornicate and die...?

and our purpose in life is to reflect upon His (swt's) signs and glorify our Him (swt)

nwy if u do find something thats says contrary to what ive explained please let me know...id be more than happy to research it! :)

- Qatada -
04-28-2007, 01:44 PM

One social tip in dawah is that when you make a point to a person, you might say:

"I agree with you.. BUT i think..."

That 'BUT' shouldn't be there, it's like you're saying to the person that i clearly reject what you say while pretending i agree with it.

The best way to disagree with someone might be to say the word AND or just starting a new sentence with your next point. Alot of lawyers/solicitors also use this technique since they know that people catch them out when saying BUT.

I'll give an example inshaa Allaah. If you say:

I do understand what you mean. [you would probably say BUT here, but make thats the end of your sentence. - NOW start a new sentence and put your opinion across.] On my opinion, I think it's more logical this way...

Did you see that you never said BUT in between them sentences? So the person never got offended when you put your point across because it made them feel that their opinion was atleast accepted by you in a way.

Whereas if you had said BUT straight forward, they would feel as if you've rejected all that they've said, so they wouldn't even bother listening to your response.

Confucius
04-28-2007, 01:46 PM
omg...pardon me...i no way meant to imply the scientists CREATED the organic molecules! (astagfirullah)

obviously this came into being by the will of Allah(swt)

- Qatada -
04-28-2007, 01:47 PM

Jazaak Allaah khayr again sis, i understand what you mean.. i'm just learning so i dont really know much anyway, but if i ever have any questions - inshaa Allaah i will ask.

Thanks for clarifiying again.

- Qatada -
04-28-2007, 01:56 PM

Here's a good thread which you can check out:

http://www.islamicboard.com/health-s...ps-tricks.html

It has some psychological tips which might be useful when giving dawah inshaa Allaah. For example:

Did you know that if you see someone thinking while looking up in the air [looking up], their thinking by remembering images (using their photographic memory.)

This is why you see kids looking up when you ask them to remember back on something [more common with children because they prefer images over text.]
If someone is looking down at their bottom left, the person is probably talking to themselves in their mind, so if you're chatting to them - their probably not listening to what you're saying.

This is important to realise in debates because you see that the person isn't really listening to the points you're making, but instead thinking [in their mind] of ways to refute what you just said.

- Qatada -
04-28-2007, 06:55 PM

Dawah to Christians:

There's loads of different sects and denominations within christianity, they all differ on who Jesus son of Mary really was.

Some say that he was god walking on earth, others say that he was god's 'son', others say that he was simply a man, but the majority are really confused, and they don't really have a proper belief - each christian probably has his/her own personal version.

The ones who claim that Jesus son of Mary was god, you can ask them this:

Jesus son of Mary was in a womb for a certain amount of months while being dependant on his mother to feed him through her blood [in the womb], is that really possible for god? And when he was given birth to, did god need to be breast fed? And when he grew up and experienced puberty, is that befitting for god? They also claim that Jesus 'died' on the cross - does god die? And they claim that Jesus son of Mary was in a grave for around 3days after that - does god really be in a grave?

Similarly, there are christians who follow the 'trinity' [god in '3 parts'] - they say that its only One God. You say that anyone with logic [even a child] will tell you that 1+1+1 = 3. Not 1 as they claim.

They might say 1x1x1=1. You should take a dictionary out and ask them the definition of multiply:

Let's see its true definition:

multiply: To increase the amount, number, or degree of.

Dictionary.com

So that purely shows that their argument of multiplication means its polytheistic , since they worship lots of gods/deities. Because multiplication is to 'increase in amount/number.' Therefore they prove themselves wrong by saying that god is more than one.

Then they'll say something like: Imagine water then; it can be water, ice, and gas. The response to that is - can a drop or atom of water be all them things at once?

They might say that its like a maple leaf or 3 clover leaf [it has 3 leaves to it kind of - attached together.] If they say that, you can say to them that the leaf is like that when its together, once the pieces are separated - there not counted as one leaf. They're counted as 3 separate parts, and not one. So this proves them wrong again that they worship only one God.

They'll even try to use the idea of an egg. The yolk, the white, and the egg shell. The response should be that an egg is an egg, once the different parts are separated - then there not really counted as one, and they can't unite together after being broken anyway. Whereas the christians claim that Jesus united with 'the father' i.e. God. So there claims are really weak.

They usually say: Can't God do anything? You may say yeah - then they'll say can't God have a 'son'? You simply say that God only does what Befits His Majesty, so He doesn't need to have a son or be a human etc.

The ones who say that Jesus was a human, then you can start calling them towards the fact that he was an honorable Messenger of Allaah and the fact that he never died, but he was raised upto God and will return as the Messiah and slay the anti-christ [al-dajjaal.]

Also, tell them that worship none [i.e. direct all your prayers and worship to none] but your Creator and Sustainer was the same message of all the Prophets of God, and Jesus son of Mary came with the exact same message. The christians differed and Allaah sent Muhammad (peace be upon him) as the final Messenger to confirm what Jesus son of Mary and all the previos prophets called to - i.e. there is none worthy of worship except God Alone. Tell them that we don't reject Jesus as the Messiah/Christ, and we believe he will come back to the earth and establish justice in the world after killing the anti-christ.

Then they might start asking, how come Jesus son of Mary will come back to the earth and Muhammad (peace be upon him) never? How come Jesus son of Mary had a miraculous birth and Muhammad (peace be upon him) never?

How come Jesus son of Mary had a miraculous birth and Muhammad (peace be upon him) never?
They might ask why Jesus son of Mary had a miraculous birth, say that its a miracle from Allaah and they should also know that Allaah made Adam without a father or a mother, so there claim that Jesus son of Mary was god due to the miraculous birth isn't strong, since Adam's creation would seem like a greater miracle.

Then they might start asking, how come Jesus son of Mary will come back to the earth and Muhammad (peace be upon him) never?

Muhammad (peace be upon him) had conveyed the message totally, so he never had to come back to the earth since he had fulfilled his mission. However Jesus son of Mary was raised upto God and therefore he never died, so due to that - he hadn't fulfilled his mission - so he will come back and fulfill his mission [kill the anti christ] and establish justice once again on the earth with the law of justice [which is a law of balance/midway between the strict law revealed to Moses, and peaceful law revealed to Jesus] revealed to God's final Messenger - Muhammad (peace be upon him.)

Then he will marry and have a family, he will then die a natural death and to Allaah is our return where we will be judged on all our actions, tell them that no soul bears the burden of another, and we will be raised back to the One who created us from nothing to see if we worshipped none but our Creator Alone, and if we obeyed the Messenger sent to us [Muhammad, peace be upon him.]

siFilam
05-02-2007, 07:07 PM
In The Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

How do you answer a Hindu when they say since Allah has the power to do anything then He can reincarnate into anything He wishes?
Jazakallah Khair. And very beneficial thread Mashallah.

Wasalam
-SI-

- Qatada -
05-02-2007, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by siFilam

How do you answer a Hindu when they say since Allah has the power to do anything then He can reincarnate into anything He wishes?
Jazakallah Khair. And very beneficial thread Mashallah.

Wasalam
-SI-

There are loads of many similar claims that people claim i.e. some might even say: can't god even be a bottle flying in space since He can do anything? And lots of other negative things like that. Audhubillah (we seek refuge in Allaah.)

The answer to it is that Allaah only does what befits His Majesty. So He doesn't need to come and incarnate into His creation, since He says that He wants to be worshipped alone without any other deities as associates [Laa illaaha illAllaah - there is none worthy of worship except Allaah.]

And if we were to use their logic, then that would mean that god is everywhere in the creation, and if god was in the creation - some people may say that "god is in me more than others since i am 'more pious' - and therefore people should worship me also." Which is totally against the concept of God. Then these people would claim that god is within everyone, and therefore they have the right to do and make any law they want since they have the 'authority of god.' So you see that this kind of theory has many flaws within it, and it could cause alot of corruption for mankind.

Allaah is way above what they associate with Him, and we can use Allaah's Names/Attributes and the Qur'an to explain the true concept of God. And Allaah knows best.

Does that answer the question sister?

siFilam
05-02-2007, 07:42 PM

The answer to it is that Allaah only does what befits His Majesty.
I said this to the Hindus when I was giving Dawah to them. But for some reason they kept repeating the same thing. Insha-Allah I'll try again next time I see them. its gets frustrating when they keep repeating the same thing.
Make Du'a for me.

wasalam
-SI-

- Qatada -
05-02-2007, 07:44 PM

I understand, but once you explain that concept - then you have to tell them the flaws in their understanding, and how your concept is much more true - stronger and easier to understand.

A powerful argument by the Prophets would be; whats better One Powerful Supreme God? Or lots of different gods who can neither see or hear and are themselves created? You should also ask them - who do you pray to if the other gods aren't in your presence? They'll say - the One God who is above the skies, then say to them - why don't you worship Him all the time, if He is the One who truely helps you at times of hardship? The One who is aware of all that you do and aware of when you call out to Him for help. He doesn't need intermediaries - since He is the All-Hearing, Seeing and prepared to respond to you if you call out to Him?

Woodrow
05-02-2007, 09:27 PM

Just my opinion, I believe we are more effective when speaking to people of a faith we have considerable knowledge of. You have probably personally seen people with very little knowledge of Islam attempt to convert you. Just as you find them to be very funny to the point of being ridiculous, so it is with us when we attempt to speak to a person of a faith we have little knowledge of.

Those of us who are reverts should feel duty bound to use our knowledge of the religion we left, to help show our friends why we chose Islam. I never see any need to belittle or criticize another person's beliefs. Let the truth speak for itself and let the person choose on their own, with no coercion. Far better to speak of the beauty of Islam, than to condemn the beliefs of another. Better yet, far better for us to live as Muslims and show what it truly means to be a Muslim.

- Qatada -
05-02-2007, 09:29 PM
:wasalamex :)

I agree with you, theres just some basics we need to know about the other persons religion so we can show how Islaam is much more beautiful and logical. I.e. when the prophets would tell their people that One God is better than lots of gods who can't see, hear, etc.

When i discuss religion with others - i don't like attacking their religion, yet at the same time if they attack mine, i want to show them how illogical theres is compared to ours. Thats the only time we need it as a form of defense. And Allaah knows best.

tomtomsmom
05-02-2007, 09:36 PM
Day before yesterday I met a man at my husbands store that is on the Dawah comittee at the local mosque. I liked his stlye very much. He wasn't agressive nor seemed like he was talking down to anyone. My husband asked if he had any thing with him that I could read because I was interested in Islam. He didn't have any with him but he did give me the website for our mosque and helped me with the contact for arabic classes. Then he gave me a sister's cell number and his number in case I had any questions. His demeanor was very calming.

siFilam
05-02-2007, 09:39 PM

I found useful articles to use for Dawah to Hindu:

CONCEPT OF GOD IN HINDUISM
by Dr. Zakir Naik

This is a good one. It gives references of Tawheed in Hindu scriptures.
http://www.irf.net/irf/comparativere...nceptofgod.htm

COMMON QUESTIONS ASKED BY HINDUS ABOUT ISLAM
by Dr. Zakir Naik
http://www.irf.net/irf/comparativereligion/

and more Dawah materials can be found here
http://abdurrahman.org/comprel/index.html

wasalam
-SI-

Woodrow
05-02-2007, 09:42 PM
:wasalamex :)

I agree with you, theres just some basics we need to know about the other persons religion so we can show how Islaam is much more beautiful and logical. I.e. when the prophets would tell their people that One God is better than lots of gods who can't see, hear, etc.

When i discuss religion with others - i don't like attacking their religion, yet at the same time if they attack mine, i want to show them how illogical theres is compared to ours. Thats the only time we need it as a form of defense. And Allaah knows best.

Defending is not the same as attacking. Defending is done without malice and for the purpose of defeating falsehoods.

For defense, we need to use any means that does not dishonor Allah(swt)

Confucius
05-02-2007, 09:43 PM
salamunalikum,

yup i think the best of the daee's are the one's who are more subtle..?

personally i think my brother is a great dawah giver (yeah yeah im a bit biased lol) he's verrry freindly, funny and charismatic...in a good way...and he never argues cos he goes it spreads the hatred...people just dont listen to u once u start to refute and argue with them..instead he tends to depart on good terms

and if some one is rly interested in islam he always humbly hands them over to some one who has more knowledge than him...personally i dont see that quality often enough!!

and thats the best way to do it..we shudnt force our religion on people, only Allah (Swt) can open their hearts and minds...we shud just be wise and act accordingly.

- Qatada -
05-02-2007, 09:43 PM

Jazaak Allaah khayr (may Allaah reward u) sis siFilam, inshaa Allaah we can use them in the future.

We can also learn from tomtomsmom's experience that you have to be calm and relaxed with the person when calling someone to Islaam since the person feels more comfortable that way.

Keep them coming inshaa Allaah.

FatimaAsSideqah
05-02-2007, 09:47 PM

So a wrong*doer, who opposes the da’wah with evil and enmity and seeks to cause harm, is to be dealt with in a different manner. If possible such a person should be imprisoned, or something similar to that - depending upon the nature of his to the da’wah.

The etiquettes, manners and characteristics necessary for the du’aat (callers to Islaam) has been duly explained by Allaah - the Mighty and Majestic - in many aayaat and in many different places in the Noble Qur‘aan. And from those necessary etiquettes are:

FIRSTLY – SINCERITY:

So it is obligatory upon the daa’ee (caller) to have ikhlaas (sincerity and purity of intentions and actions) for Allaah - the Mighty and Majestic - neither desiring to show* off, nor desiring reputation, nor desiring the praises and the accolades of the people. Rather, the daa’ee should only call to Allaah seeking the Face of Allaah, as He - the One free from all imperfections – says,

“Say: This is my path, I do call to upon knowledge.” [2]

And Allaah - the Mighty and Majestic – said,

“And who is better in speech than one who calls to Allaah.” [3]

Thus it is a must to have ikhlaas and to call only to Allaah - the Mighty and Majestic - and this is the most important etiquette and the greatest quality; that you seek from your da’wah (call) the Face of Allaah and the Home of the Hereafter.

SECONDLY – KNOWLEDGE:

To call the people to upon ’ilm (knowledge), and not ignorance,

“Say, This is my path, I do call to Allaah upon knowledge.”[4]

So knowledge is an essential obligation in calling to Allaah. So beware of calling to Allaah based upon ignorance, and beware of speaking without due knowledge. Indeed, ignorance destroys, it does not build; and it causes corruption, not reformation and correction. So - O worshipper of Allaah - fear Allaah and beware of speaking about Allaah without due knowledge, and do not call to anything except after knowledge of it and having insight into what Allaah and His Messenger (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) have said. So it is upon the student of knowledge and the daa’ee to have knowledge of, and insight into that which they call to, knowing its proofs and evidences.

THIRDLY – MILDNESS AND GENTLENESS:

From the akhlaaq that it is necessary to have - O daa’ee - is to be mild and forbearing in your da’wah, and being gentle and patient in it, as were all the Messengers ’alayhimus-salaatu was-salaam. Beware of being hasty, harsh and strict in your da’wah, rather be patient, mild and gentle. In this regard, some of the proofs have already proceeded, such as the saying of Allaah - the Mighty and Majestic,

“Call to the way of your Lord with wisdom and beautiful admonition, and argue with them in ways that are best.”[5]

And His - the Most Perfect’s – saying,

“And by the Mercy of Allaah you were able to deal gently with them. If you had been severe and harsh-hearted they would have broken away from about you.”[6]

And His - the Most Majestic’s - saying, with regards to Moosaa and Haaroon - ’alayhimus-salaam,

“So speak to him mildly, perchance he may take admonition, or that he may fear Allaah.”[7]

And the Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said in the authentic hadeeth, “O Allaah! Whosoever is a guardian over any of the affairs concerning my Ummah and he is gentle with them, then be gentle with him. And whosoever is a guardian over any of the affairs concerning my Ummah and he is harsh with them, then be harsh with him.” [8]

So - O servant of Allaah - it is necessary upon you to be gentle in your da’wah and not to be harsh upon the people. Do not turn the people away from the Religion due to your harshness, ignorance, or other such behaviour. On the contrary, be mild, forbearing and patient; and be soft and pleasant in speech, so your words may have an effect upon the heart brother, or that it may have an effect upon the one you are addressing the call to. Then the people will better appreciate your call and invitation. So undue strictness causes people to become distant, not close; and it causes separation, not unity. Therefore, it is a must to be gentle, as the Messenger - ’alayhis-salaatu was-salaam – said, “Indeed gentleness does not enter into anything except that it beautifies it, is it removed from anything except that it disfigures it.” [9] And he - ’alayhis-salaatu was-salaam - also said, “Whoever is prevented from gentleness, is actually prevented from all good and excellence.” [10]

FOURTHLY – SETTING AN EXAMPLE:

From the necessary or rather obligatory - etiquettes and qualities that a daa’ee must possess is acting in accordance to what he is calling to, and being a righteous example of what is being called to. He should not call to do something and then not do it himself, nor call to leave something, whilst engaging in it himself. This is the condition of the losers - we seek Allaah’s refuge in this! It is those Believers who call to the truth, act upon what they call to the truth and hasten to righteousness and avoid the prohibited, these are the ones who will be successful and who will be rewarded. Allaah - the Most Majestic – says,

“O you who believe! Do you say that which you do not do. It is most hateful in the sight of Allaah that you say that which you do not do.”[11]

Likewise, Allâh - the One free from all imperfections* said, whilst condemning the Jews for ordering the people with righteousness whilst forgetting it themselves:

“Do you enjoin righteousness upon the people whilst you yourselves forget to practice it, and you recite the Book? Have you no sense?”[12]

And it has been established from the Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) that he said, “A man will be brought on the Day of Judgement and he will be thrown into the Hellfire, so that his intestines will come out and he will go around like a donkey goes around the millstone. The people of Hellfire will gather around him and say, ‘O so *and *so! What happened to you? Did you not used to order us with good and prohibit us from evil?’ He will say, ‘I used to order you with good and not do it myself; and I used to prohibit you from evil and do it myself.” [13]

This will be the situation of the one who calls to Allaah, ordering the good and prohibiting the evil; whilst acting contrary to one’s saying, or saying things contrary to ones actions – we seek refuge in Allaah from this. Therefore, from the most important qualities and one greatest obligations upon the daa’ee is to act upon what he calls to and abstain from that which he prohibits. The daa’ee should have an excellent character and praiseworthy conduct, being patient and inviting to patience. The daa’ee should be sincere in his da’wah and strive in spreading goodness to the people and keeping them away falsehood. At the same time the daa’ee should supplicate for the guidance of others, saying, “O Allaah! Guide him, and grant him the ability to accept the truth.” So from the excellent manners of the daa’ee is supplicating, guiding and being patient with the harms that come with this da’wah.

When the Prophet (’alayhis-salaatu was-salaam was informed that the tribe of Daws had become disobedient he said, “O Allaah! Guide Daws and bring them.” [14] So the daa’ee should supplicate for guidance and ability to accept the truth for the one he is calling, and he should be patient and encourage patience in this. He should not despair, nor feel hopeless, nor say anything except good. He should not be harsh and strict, nor should he say a word which may cause aversion to the truth. However, if anyone commits aggression and oppression, then a different treatment is to be to such people, as Allaah - the Most Majestic - says:

“And do not argue with the people of the Book except in a good way, except those who do wrong.”[15]

So a wrong*doer, who opposes the da’wah with evil and enmity and seeks to cause harm, is to be dealt with in a different manner. If possible such a person should be imprisoned, or something similar to that - depending upon the nature of his to the da’wah. However, as long as he causes no harm, then it upon you to be patient and self-*evaluating and to debate with him in ways that are best. If any personal harm was caused by such a person, then such harm should be borne with patience - as did the Messengers and those who followed them in goodness and righteousness, patiently bear such harms.

I ask Allaah to grant us all the well*-being and the ability to convey this da’wah in a wise manner, that He corrects our hearts and our actions, and that He grants to us the understanding of the Religion and firmness upon it making us of those who are guided and guiding others, righteous and teaching others righteousness. Indeed He is the Most Majestic, the Supreme, the Most Generous.”

Footnotes:

[1] He is the exemplary Scholar, the zaahid mild and forbearing in nature, the faqeeh the muhaddith the Scholar of usool and Tawheed, Aboo ’Abdullaah ’Abdul-*’Azeez Ibn ’Abdullaah Ibn Baaz. Born in the year 1330H (1911CE) in the city of Riyaad. He memorized the Qur‘aan before reaching the age of maturity and then went on to study under some of the major Scholars of the time. He excelled in the various branches of Islaamic sciences, even though he became permanently blind at a young age. He has devoted all of his life to the cause of Islaam and its people, authoring many books, teaching and serving the masses, whilst also aiding the spread of correct knowledge world*wide. May Allaah have mercy on him. This article has been taken from his booklet, ad-Da’wah Ilallaah wa Akhlaaqud-Du’aat (p. 37-43).

[2] Soorah Yoosuf [12:108]

[3] Soorah Fussilat [41:33]

[4] Soorah Yoosuf [12:108]

[5] Sooratun-Nahl [16:125]

[6] Soorah Aali-’Imraan [3:159]

[7] Soorah Taa Haa [20:44]

[8] Related by Muslim (12/212) from ’Aa‘ishah (radiyallaahu ’anhaa)

[9] Related by Muslim (16/146) from ’Aa‘ishah (radiyallaahu ’anhaa)

[10] Related by Muslim (16/145) from Jaabir Ibn ’Abdullaah (radiyallaahu ’anhu)

[11] Sooratus-Saff [61:2-3]

[12] Sooratul-*Baqarah [2:44]

[13] Related al-*Bukhaaree (6/331) and Muslim (18/118) from Usaamah Ibn Zayd (radiyallaahu ’anhu).

[14] Related by al-Bukhaaree (6/105) from Aboo Hurayrah.

[15] Sooratul-*’Ankaboot [29:46]

http://www.troid.org/articles/dawah/...fthecaller.htm

Fi Amani Allah

Muslim Woman
05-03-2007, 01:36 AM

Salaam/peace;

format_quote Originally Posted by siFilam

I said this to the Hindus when I was giving Dawah to them.

wasalam
-SI-

sis , u can listen to Dr. Zakir Naik....he gave few lectures on Hinduism in front of Indian Hindus.

i m writing from memory : many non-Muslims believe , God is so holy , it's not possible for Him to understand how we ( earthy people ) feel pain , sorrow etc.

That's the reason they believe God came/comes in to this world to understand the feelings of human being.

when we buy VCR , we buy it with instruction manual. How to open it , how to stop etc, etc.

vcr maker knows well how to operate the machine & we listen to him. The maker does not need to transform himself to a vcr to understand how the machine should be operated.

God knows His Creations & He sent the guide book for human being . God does not need to be a human being to understand our pain.

abs
05-07-2007, 11:08 AM
show them how its a tru religion in ur own path

- Qatada -
05-16-2007, 09:29 PM

Anyone who's seen the discussion i put forward in dawah, i usually push it towards the 3 main concepts we mentioned on the first page.

1) Tawhid - Oneness of Allaah; His Lordship, Worship and Names and Attributes.

2) Prophethood - who convey the message, and they call to good; worshipping the Creator and Sustainer Alone, establishing the prayer, enjoining good, forbidding evil. Enjoining family ties. Helping the needy, paying charity etc. Especially on areas where mankind differed - they bring guidance to that.

3) After life - hellfire, paradise; descriptions of each.
I usually cover them areas because they're mentioned many times in the Qur'an and are explained in detail.

I also do it because it's the main important issue really, and the secondary issues about hijaab, beard, terrorism etc. all fall into it later. They're only required once you become muslim. Obviously it is good to know the basics about these issues too, incase you need to clear up a misconception - that doesn't mean you shouldn't still discuss Tawhid though.

Another reason why i focus on them areas alot is because i feel more comfortable with them, and studying the lives of the Prophets and what they called to. And since i find their stories interesting anyway, i don't mind discussing it with others. I feel comfortable with it alhamdulilah, so i stick to that subject more often.

Prophets of Islam

Prophet Muhammad (P)

Companions of the Prophet

- Qatada -
05-16-2007, 09:35 PM

Here's a good link to refute the evolution theory insha Allaah:

http://allaahuakbar.net/ATHEIST/evolution/index.htm

- Qatada -
05-16-2007, 09:40 PM

Oh yeah, the tip on smiling is really good masha Allaah.

Try it, you can tell the person its a joke. But smile really big and say;

"i hate you!"
:D :D :D

they'll still laugh back because actions speak louder than words.

vpb
05-16-2007, 10:11 PM

giving dawa to a non-practicing muslim is a pain :p they just don't seem to understand anything.

Thought
12-02-2007, 06:17 PM
nice topic, i will use them

- Qatada -
12-09-2007, 07:57 PM

Some useful articles on debating atheists;

http://dawahtips.blogspot.com/

And another useful link;

http://islamreligion.com

IbnAbdulHakim
12-10-2007, 11:48 AM
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullaah

to be honest the comfort of giving dawah isnt related to the faith of the person, but rather the charasteristics and personality of the person. Ive given dawah to people from hinduism to atheism and felt equally comfortable because the people were equally approachable... thats what matters.

Its harder if they seem stubborn and stuck up, but ive roasted a few of those pigs aswell lol.

No insult intended, Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullaah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.