/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I am a Muslim!

Curious girl2
12-02-2006, 09:27 PM
Salam everyone!

I just want to let everyone know that something wonderful happened to me a few days ago, I said my Shahada and became a Muslim! Allahu Akbar!

I hope you wont mind if I tell you my story. I was a Christian, my father was a minister until his death 3 years ago. I found Christianity difficult really, not the faith side of things but I could never reconcile my beleifs in the way that my father did. I had far too many questions that he could never answer. In my teens I drew away from the church but I always felt as though God was there. I always felt as though I was searching for *something* but never knew what. When I started work I met a muslim girl who became a good friend. She was a lovely person who put me onto the path of Islam. She was a very pious person, but never judgemental, she sparked my interest in Islam and taught me many things. I lost touch with her a few years later sadly when she married and went to live in Pakistan.

My interest with Islam was put to one side really after that, though it was always there in the background. I married a Christian, very much like me, who felt disatisfied with the Church. We had 2 children and are very happy still. He is a good man. Then a couple of years ago, after my fathers death, I started to really think more about Islam and decided to find out more for myself. I think that when he was alive, I wouldnt have been able to do this. I visited websites, read an online Quran, eventually finding myself here! Over the months my interest grew and I could feel the pull of Islam even more. I started to visit a masjid and spent time with reverts and other muslims.

Then something very strange happened, one night in bed, a couple of weeks ago, I think I was asleep but I am not sure, it felt like I was awake. I became aware of a presence at my side then I heard a voice in my head as clear as anything. It said "you have listened to word of Allah!" then it said "Lets go". All of a sudden my chest was tight, and my heart was thumping and I KNEW!

My life changed after that and I knew what I had to do! A few days ago I became a muslim and it was one of the most emotional times of my life! My husband, to his credit, has taken it upon himself to learn about Islam. Inshallah he will revert too, though I want him to do it for himself and not for me. He is asking so many questions and is going to visit the masjid too.

I have so much learn and Inshallah I will try my best to be a good muslim! Life feels so good right now and for the first time in my entire life I feel that I have found what I was searching for!

Peace
CG

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
12-02-2006, 09:29 PM
mashallah :D:D:D:

Welcome to islam sista :D

ur so lucky man to convert :D mashallah, i hope Allah (swt) blesses you with his mercy in this world and the next world :D

Sum-Muslim-Gal
12-02-2006, 09:31 PM
salam

MashaAllah sis welcome to islam..:D:D

that story was so touching sis..may allah[swt] keep you steadfast in life...:D:D

looking forward to your posts..nice to have you here...

takecare xx

wasalam

- Qatada -
12-02-2006, 09:37 PM
Wa alykum as-Salaam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Masha'Allaah, may Allaah keep us all steadfast upon the truth forever and raise us with the righteous slaves of Allaah on the day of resurrection.

May Allaah guide your husband, your children and all those who are sincere in their journey of seeking the truth. Ameen.

:salamext:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-02-2006, 09:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Curious girl2
Salam everyone!

I just want to let everyone know that something wonderful happened to me a few days ago, I said my Shahada and became a Muslim! Allahu Akbar!

I hope you wont mind if I tell you my story. I was a Christian, my father was a minister until his death 3 years ago. I found Christianity difficult really, not the faith side of things but I could never reconcile my beleifs in the way that my father did. I had far too many questions that he could never answer. In my teens I drew away from the church but I always felt as though God was there. I always felt as though I was searching for *something* but never knew what. When I started work I met a muslim girl who became a good friend. She was a lovely person who put me onto the path of Islam. She was a very pious person, but never judgemental, she sparked my interest in Islam and taught me many things. I lost touch with her a few years later sadly when she married and went to live in Pakistan.

My interest with Islam was put to one side really after that, though it was always there in the background. I married a Christian, very much like me, who felt disatisfied with the Church. We had 2 children and are very happy still. He is a good man. Then a couple of years ago, after my fathers death, I started to really think more about Islam and decided to find out more for myself. I think that when he was alive, I wouldnt have been able to do this. I visited websites, read an online Quran, eventually finding myself here! Over the months my interest grew and I could feel the pull of Islam even more. I started to visit a masjid and spent time with reverts and other muslims.

Then something very strange happened, one night in bed, a couple of weeks ago, I think I was asleep but I am not sure, it felt like I was awake. I became aware of a presence at my side then I heard a voice in my head as clear as anything. It said "you have listened to word of Allah!" then it said "Lets go". All of a sudden my chest was tight, and my heart was thumping and I KNEW!

My life changed after that and I knew what I had to do! A few days ago I became a muslim and it was one of the most emotional times of my life! My husband, to his credit, has taken it upon himself to learn about Islam. Inshallah he will revert too, though I want him to do it for himself and not for me. He is asking so many questions and is going to visit the masjid too.

I have so much learn and Inshallah I will try my best to be a good muslim! Life feels so good right now and for the first time in my entire life I feel that I have found what I was searching for!

Peace
CG

Masha'Allah...I have a new sister in Islam...hello sister (hehe) welocome..so how long ago did you revert??

Your story is similar to another sisters who is/was a member at this forum...i think her name was doodlebug, like she was asleep and something similar happen. Masha'Allah thanx for putting a smile on my face through all thise stress of uni work i've under today lol :)

Skillganon
12-02-2006, 09:52 PM
:awesome: Takbir: Allahi Akbhar.

Welcome to the family, Inshallah, may allah grant you Hikmah and patient.

YusufNoor
12-02-2006, 09:52 PM
:sl:

Alhumdulillah! Asalaamu Alykum Sister!

May Allah strengthen you and fill you with knowledge. May He also guide your husband to the straight path also. Ameen!

these posts always make me cry...

but, congradulations!!!!

Wa Salaam,

:w:

Yusuf

Curious girl2
12-02-2006, 10:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
Masha'Allah...I have a new sister in Islam...hello sister (hehe) welocome..so how long ago did you revert??

Your story is similar to another sisters who is/was a member at this forum...i think her name was doodlebug, like she was asleep and something similar happen. Masha'Allah thanx for putting a smile on my face through all thise stress of uni work i've under today lol :)
It just feels as though all my life *something* wasnt right. I was searching for something. I now know what it was, ISLAM! I feel more at peace with myself than I ever have before! :)

rubiesand
12-02-2006, 10:53 PM

Oh that is a beautiful story sister! :love:
How blessed you are, alhamdulillah! :rose:
I can't tell you how happy I am for you!:wub:

syilla
12-02-2006, 11:39 PM
MashaAllah....you are making me crying...

congratulations!!!

May Allah strengthen you and fill you with knowledge. May He also guide your husband to the straight path also. Ameen!
Ameen

Muhammad
12-02-2006, 11:45 PM

Congratulations sister!

Masha'Allaah, all praise is due to Allaah who has guided you to this path.

May Allaah increase you in knowledge and keep you firm upon the truth. May He also guide your husband onto this same path, Aameen!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-02-2006, 11:47 PM
Masha'Allah sis!
Welcome to the Ummah <3
Beautiful story. You just cleared away my boredom ;D
Ameen to the Dua's.

lolwatever
wow mashalah congrats sis CG :D gr888 news :D

Alllll the best!!!! Welcome to LI :D in a new light this time ;)
salamz :D

MusLiM 4 LiFe
mashallah sisssssss! im proud ov ya ;)

Pk_#2
12-03-2006, 12:11 AM
yayyyyyyyyy welcome to ISLAM

GO GIRL GO GIRL :D

doodlebug
12-03-2006, 01:07 AM
It just feels as though all my life *something* wasnt right. I was searching for something. I now know what it was, ISLAM! I feel more at peace with myself than I ever have before! :)

That's what happened to me!!! It woke me up and I KNEW what I had to do!!!! Alhumdullilah!!!!!! Welcome to Islam!!! :D

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-03-2006, 03:27 AM

Masha'Allah! Welcome back :D

Woodrow
12-03-2006, 03:34 AM
Mashallah and Welcome home. I am so happy for you to have found the path home at a young age. It took me 65 years to find my way home. May you spend the rest of your life experiencing the joy I have found in Islam.

M2A^AKIB^
12-03-2006, 02:52 PM
i always love to see a good news here and there.
Mashallah!!!
Welcome to Islam!!!

amirah_87
12-03-2006, 02:57 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Oh MashaAllah, How tearful!! *sniffs*

Welcome to Islam Sis, May Allah keep you firm on the deen InshaAllah.

..Welcome to LI too :rose:

al Amaanah
12-03-2006, 04:16 PM
Allahu akbar! This is great news, masha Allah :) welcome to Islaam sister!
Alhamdulillah..Allah has opened your heart and eyes to accept Islaam, may He do the same for your husband bi idhnillah!

Aisha20
12-03-2006, 04:53 PM
mashaAllah... congratulations!!
welcome to Islam!!
very beautiful story sis! :)
May Allaah increase you in knowledge and keep you firm upon the truth. May He also guide your husband onto this same path, Aameen!
ameen

mysticalsilence
12-03-2006, 11:50 PM
Salam everyone!

Peace
CG
I am a muslim and I want some kind of illogical unexplainable thing to happen to me to. I am actually trying to review Islam and sometimes ,I wish instead of doing all this work which could also lead me to disbeleiving in Islam! Some kind of unexplainable defining moment happens to me to so that after that I never have a single piece of doubt instead and not keep worrying about the correctness of my position.

Umu 'Isa
12-04-2006, 12:06 AM
:salamext: sis,
Masha Allah. Welcome to Islam :wub:

May Allah keep you firm on the deen ameen.

Umm Yoosuf
12-07-2006, 08:18 PM
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaah!!

Allahu Akbar!!!!

Curious girl2 our sister in Islam Masha Allah you've just made my day Alhamdulilaah. I saw your way of Life changed to Muslim and it took me by suprised I was like when did she become a Muslim?! @___@!

Alhamdulilaah. May Allah bless you and always guide to the right path :D

Mawaddah
12-07-2006, 08:30 PM
Masha'allah sis!! May Allah keep you on the straight path always Ameen :)

Bint Abdusattar
12-07-2006, 10:52 PM

Mashallah :love: Congratulations on your new life - i wish i could hug you right now as i feel sooo emotional

Time for us all to make lots of dua for your husband nad then - :inshallah

Curious girl2
12-08-2006, 10:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaah!!

Allahu Akbar!!!!

Curious girl2 our sister in Islam Masha Allah you've just made my day Alhamdulilaah. I saw your way of Life changed to Muslim and it took me by suprised I was like when did she become a Muslim?! @___@!

Alhamdulilaah. May Allah bless you and always guide to the right path :D
I think, looking back, its been a long time coming though inevitable really if you know what I mean. For so long I've been searching for something, I was never truly satisfied as a Christian. I've felt the pull of Islam for a long time now, but was never sure if I could take the plunge as it were, until a couple of weeks ago. I dont know if Allah (SWT) was talking personally to me, I dont presume that I would be that graced, but it seemed that way and then I knew what I had to do. I have been so happy since, at peace at last. My Shahada was one of the most emotional times of my life, I cried buckets! People around me have noticed that I seem more at peace with myself. I think my husband will revert, he is asking so many questions about Islam and has started going to the masjid and talking to brothers there. He is a Christian and beleives in Allah (SWT), but like I was, is so disillusioned with the church and society as a whole. Ishallah he will revert and then our lives will truly be blessed!

Peace CG

Rabiyal
12-09-2006, 06:31 AM
MashAllah Sis!! Welcome to Islam. May Allah Guide you more towards Him.

Indigo
12-09-2006, 07:03 AM
Yay! Congradulations! Did you cry when you said shahada? I almost did..

Allahu akbar!

Curious girl2
12-09-2006, 11:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Indigo
Yay! Congradulations! Did you cry when you said shahada? I almost did..

Allahu akbar!
Indeed I did! I was in floods of tears, it was so emotional! I get tears in my eyes even now when I think of it!

Welcome to Islam sis!

Peace CG

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.