/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Al-Reverty? Al converty?

Umar001
12-02-2006, 11:36 PM
Assalamu Aleykum,

So how do you say The Revert? and is it possible to have it in your name?

I need to make my name longer, this is how it is so far:

Abu Ikhlas,
Eesa
Abdullah
Aadam
Ibn Tesfay
Ibn Tesfazion
Fawwaz Ad Deen (well not really but this makes it longer, plus I like the Fawwaz sound)
Al Habeshi.

Booya

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-02-2006, 11:40 PM
waaa, those are all yours :? Im lost lol.

Skillganon
12-02-2006, 11:41 PM
LOL. I try to remember, but for now I am sticking with Isa Abdullah.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-02-2006, 11:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
LOL. I try to remember, but for now I am sticking with Isa Abdullah.
:thumbs_up
Me too lol!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abu Ibraheem
12-02-2006, 11:42 PM
al mulsim ul jadeedu or al muslimat ul jadeedatu

Abu Ibraheem
12-02-2006, 11:43 PM
in your case bro the first, the later is for females

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-02-2006, 11:48 PM
al converty? LOLLL dat soundz jokes :p

whoa ur name is long!

Umar001
12-02-2006, 11:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Ibraheem
al mulsim ul jadeedu or al muslimat ul jadeedatu
am guessin you mean 'Al muSLIm ul jadeedu'??

ok so it wuld be:

Al Muslim Ul Jadeedu Abu Ikhlas Eesa Abdullah Aadam Fawwaz Ad Deen Ibn Tesfay Ibn Tesfazion Al Habeshi

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-02-2006, 11:59 PM
Why u goin for an extremely long one :? lol
Not that its bad or anything :D

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-03-2006, 12:00 AM
lol ^ same qu bro.. :p

Pk_#2
12-03-2006, 12:14 AM
woahhh

go on bruv

Abu Ibraheem
12-03-2006, 01:12 AM
now you need to get people to memorize your name and make it a rule that they mention the whole string plus spell it right every time they quote you...yeh thats gonna be cool

Umar001
12-03-2006, 01:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Ibraheem
now you need to get people to memorize your name and make it a rule that they mention the whole string plus spell it right every time they quote you...yeh thats gonna be cool
Yea its going to be my back up emotional tool,

Like when I get married, and the wife wants something, i'd be like, 'but you aint even memorised my whole name, do you really love me?' and that would divert the conversation ;) see and she'd forget trying to ask me to buy stuff and try to show that she loves me and memorise my name.

I hope it works

The Ruler
12-03-2006, 01:10 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by blah blah
Like when I get married, and the wife wants something, i'd be like, 'but you aint even memorised my whole name, do you really love me?' and that would divert the conversation

see and she'd forget trying to ask me to buy stuff and try to show that she loves me and memorise my name.

I hope it works
that is soooo not going to work :rollseyes

:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
12-03-2006, 01:26 PM
:salamext:

our role model, Muhammad Ibn Abdullah (saws), what a beautiful short name, our first khalifa "Abu Bakr As-siddique" wat another beaufitul short name, Umar Ibn Al-Khattab , subhanAllah yet again another beautiful "SHORT" name, "Abdul Majeed ibn Abdul Hakim", yet again wat another veery beautiful short name :p :p

im pretty sure u get wat im saying :p

:wasalamex

amirah_87
12-03-2006, 03:10 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

^Yeah, why that long?

Abu Ikhlaas Isa ibn Abdullah ibn Aadam Al-Eriterary Al-Britaaniy.

that's about how Ulaamah's and shiekhs keep their titles. :)

IbnAbdulHakim
12-03-2006, 03:58 PM

i still feel that most sheikhs have the longest names lol, keep it nice short beautiful n precise :D

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-03-2006, 06:55 PM
innit.. sheikhz names r soooooo long :-\ cnt think of 1 sheikh hu has a short name lol

IbnAbdulHakim
12-03-2006, 06:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
innit.. sheikhz names r soooooo long :-\ cnt think of 1 sheikh hu has a short name lol

Salahuddin Ayyubi,
Ahmed ibn hanbal
abu hanifah (ok i know he had a longer name but this is basically what his recognized by)
and if we can consider sahabi's as sheikhs then they all have short names Alhamdulillaah :)

Kittygyal
12-03-2006, 07:05 PM
Assalamualikum
Mashallah nice names you got there Akhi :)

you can add another one lol do you like cats? if N3'am then you would make thats as Abu Ikhlas,
Eesa,Abdullah,Aadam,Ibn Tesfay,Ibn Tesfazion,Fawwaz Ad Deen,Al Habeshi Abbu Hurairah.

Ma'assalama

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-03-2006, 07:08 PM
ooooooo yeah.. but MOST sheikhz hav long names :D

IbnAbdulHakim
12-03-2006, 09:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
ooooooo yeah.. but MOST sheikhz hav long names :D
yes but the GREATEST sheikhs didnt :D

Pk_#2
12-03-2006, 09:20 PM
yeah but most sheikhs did

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-03-2006, 09:21 PM
LOL fair enuf :p

Pk_#2
12-03-2006, 09:22 PM
hehe, sowi sis, can't help buh BIG U UP! lol

ma darling from darlington :| can't stress dat enuff, myt b my nxt siggy!

Umar001
12-03-2006, 09:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
yes but the GREATEST sheikhs didnt :D
Amirul Mumineen fil Hadeeth Abu ABdullah Muhammad Bin Islameel Bin Ibraheem Bin Bardizbah Al Bukhari

That's all I got to say.

Pk_#2
12-03-2006, 09:49 PM
MashaAllah :)

Cool name dude! u can hav a BIG FAT rep!

Hmmm...i jus realised i bin reppin u too much, u got mor rep points den da amount of posts LOOOLLLLLLLLL jka :p

seeker_of_ilm
12-03-2006, 09:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
Amirul Mumineen fil Hadeeth Abu ABdullah Muhammad Bin Islameel Bin Ibraheem Bin Bardizbah Al Bukhari

That's all I got to say.

Or of course Imam Muslim:

Abul Husayn Muslim ibn al-Hajjaj Qushayri al-Nisaburi well, not as long, but still...quite long

IbnAbdulHakim
12-03-2006, 09:50 PM

That's all I got to say.
bro you dragged the chain on too long, look its just

Bardizbah Al-Bukhari haha, thats HIS name, i asked for the "SHEIKHS" not the sheikhs whole lineage :p lol

:p

IbnAbdulHakim
12-03-2006, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm

Or of course Imam Muslim:

Abul Husayn Muslim ibn al-Hajjaj Qushayri al-Nisaburi well, not as long, but still...quite long
lol mashaAllah :) jazakAllah khair for correctin me bros :)

gotta admit thats long !

Pk_#2
12-03-2006, 09:53 PM
Bukhari :shade:

edit

Umar001
12-03-2006, 09:54 PM
Plus its not like am just adding randomg things, heres an exegis of my name lol:

Abu Ikhlas - A kunya given to me by a brother named Ahmed, yall might know him, aparently I appear as a sincere character.
Eesa - It was because of my connection to Christianity that I was lead to Islaam, I think, and there is hardly anyone I love more than Eesa.
Abdullah - This is what I hoped to be once I had embraced Islaam, a servant IN TRUTH of the most high.
Eesa Abdullah - when the above names are put together they spell out the most important journey of my life, in the whole 18 years nothing has been more dear to me than finding out that Eesa is only Abdullah and not G-d, a piece of knowledge that will always benefit me, on earth and in the after life.
Aadam - This is my birth name, given to me by my Mother and Father.
Fawwaz Ad Deen - After hearing the name of Shaykh Al Albani, I really wanted a name like this, also after hearing the name of Shaykh Fauzan I really wanted something to sound so cool and powerful.
Ibn Tesfay Ibn Tesfazion - My liniage.
Al-Habeshi - I had times where I was not happy with being who I was, being from where I was, I remember being teased for my ethnicity and thinking that alot of things would be better if I was white and so forth, Islaam done away with that all, Habeshi, just like the Famous Muazin, Bilal, may Allah be pleased with him. I had nothing to be ashamed of.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-03-2006, 09:56 PM
tasmiyah be careful how you address such great sheikhs lol serious man.

and ^ bro i repeat:

"Muhammad Ibn Abdullah"

:coolious:

Umar001
12-03-2006, 09:57 PM

and ^ bro i repeat:

"Muhammad Ibn Abdullah"

Bruv, he's a prophet peace beu pon him, I mean he dont need to copy noone's name into his name, his name is the coolest cos of who he is!

Pk_#2
12-03-2006, 09:57 PM
Oh boy you have time,

nice one, thanks for clarification :)

Allah put nuff barakah in ur time kiddah

Allah hafiz, Peace!

Pk_#2
12-03-2006, 09:58 PM

and ^ bro i repeat:

"Muhammad Ibn Abdullah"

wah i do man :rollseyes

jeez brothers imsad

AsalamuALaykum!

IbnAbdulHakim
12-03-2006, 10:00 PM
Bruv, he's a prophet peace beu pon him, I mean he dont need to copy noone's name into his name, his name is the coolest cos of who he is!
yea and its a "SHORT" name :coolious:

lol sry tasmiyah had to b said because we shouldnt put "gang" anythin next to that great sheikh, sounds too khasa (raw/below him etc)

sry again lol

Pk_#2
12-03-2006, 10:04 PM
so you should be,

i apologise too :(

I take it back, honest :)

(Burah beta beshi burah oi ghesoh nii, ghaddah!)

IbnAbdulHakim
12-03-2006, 10:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
so you should be,

i apologise too :(

I take it back, honest :)
lol its kool, btw u still gotta edit :p

(Burah beta beshi burah oi ghesoh nii, ghaddah!)
you gonn apologise for that too? :offended:

snakelegs
12-03-2006, 10:11 PM
Plus its not like am just adding randomg things, heres an exegis of my name lol:

Abu Ikhlas - A kunya given to me by a brother named Ahmed, yall might know him, aparently I appear as a sincere character.
Eesa - It was because of my connection to Christianity that I was lead to Islaam, I think, and there is hardly anyone I love more than Eesa.
Abdullah - This is what I hoped to be once I had embraced Islaam, a servant IN TRUTH of the most high.
Eesa Abdullah - when the above names are put together they spell out the most important journey of my life, in the whole 18 years nothing has been more dear to me than finding out that Eesa is only Abdullah and not G-d, a piece of knowledge that will always benefit me, on earth and in the after life.
Aadam - This is my birth name, given to me by my Mother and Father.
Fawwaz Ad Deen - After hearing the name of Shaykh Al Albani, I really wanted a name like this, also after hearing the name of Shaykh Fauzan I really wanted something to sound so cool and powerful.
Ibn Tesfay Ibn Tesfazion - My liniage.
Al-Habeshi - I had times where I was not happy with being who I was, being from where I was, I remember being teased for my ethnicity and thinking that alot of things would be better if I was white and so forth, Islaam done away with that all, Habeshi, just like the Famous Muazin, Bilal, may Allah be pleased with him. I had nothing to be ashamed of.
well, for what it's worth, i recommend sticking with isa abdullah - you say there is hardly any one you love more than isa and your main goal in life is to be a perfect servant of god. so what's wrong with that? why change?
p.s. ikhlas also suits you - it is definitely one of your strong qualities.

Umar001
12-03-2006, 10:26 PM
Well it would only be used if I ever write anything, not like I'd be like 'Hi my name is .............' I'd only say my name is Eesa, or Al Habeshi, or Abu Ikhlas.

Pk_#2
12-03-2006, 10:43 PM
lol its kool, btw u still gotta edit :p

you gonn apologise for that too? :offended:
AslamuAlaykum,

edited,

i sowi!

ami amar ammareh khoymoo!

Abu Ibraheem
12-05-2006, 07:02 PM
i have a load a names too ! not telling though !

------
05-22-2008, 11:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
Yea its going to be my back up emotional tool,

Like when I get married, and the wife wants something, i'd be like, 'but you aint even memorised my whole name, do you really love me?' and that would divert the conversation ;) see and she'd forget trying to ask me to buy stuff and try to show that she loves me and memorise my name.

I hope it works

:lol: ;D

Na7lah
05-22-2008, 09:51 PM
u're hopin too much bro ;D
she's gota be an angel to do that ;D i kid :p

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-23-2008, 03:58 AM
OMG! This thread is still alive? :p I saw it in my cp and was wondering when I posted here at all Lol.

snakelegs
05-23-2008, 04:25 AM
;D had a good laugh when i saw the title to this thread - thanks!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!