/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Litvinenko had converted to Islam

Far7an
12-03-2006, 10:03 AM
:sl:

"The Daily Telegraph has been told that Mr Litvinenko had converted to Islam.

Akhmed Zakayev, the leading Chechen dissident who lived next door to Mr Litvinenko, said: "He was read to from the Koran the day before he died and had told his wife and family that he wanted to be buried in accordance with Muslim tradition."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../npoison02.xml

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
united
12-03-2006, 10:09 AM
i read this aswell. he was also investigating the murder of anna politkovskaya (a critic of russian policies in chechnya) who was shot dead last month.

Dawud_uk
12-03-2006, 10:28 AM
subhanallah, may Allah accept him as a martyr! may Allah grant him the highest abode in jannah, ameen! because he was certainly killed by the enemies of islam,

imagine becoming muslim and then being killed only shortly afterwards without any real time to sin or do wrong?

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

Pk_#2
12-03-2006, 11:31 AM
AsalamuALAYKUM,

WOAH,

Ameen!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
amirah_87
12-03-2006, 11:51 AM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

SubhanAllah, Reading about this guy everyday in the papers annoyed me, but not so much now.

how comes they don't mention this!! :?

Ameen to the duaahs

Bittersteel
12-03-2006, 12:01 PM
you guys sure this ain't nonsense?this conversion to Islam thing?

Trumble
12-03-2006, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
he was certainly killed by the enemies of islam
Quite possibly, but there seems no evidence at all that his conversion to Islam, assuming it happened, had anything to do with his death.

united
12-03-2006, 05:36 PM
nah it is not nonsense. but theres a lot more to his death than what meets the eye. the next few days will throw up a lot of new ideas.

Pk_#2
12-03-2006, 05:37 PM
Interesting,

Indeed!

Chechnya
12-04-2006, 03:26 AM
Alexander was a believer inshallah before his martyrdom.

He is the latest martyr for the jihad in chechnya - the kafirs went after him after he exposed their lies and told the truth about the apartment bombings in 1999 in which 300 russian were killed. Russians blamed imaginary Chechens but Alexander knew who was really behind it.

Russians used the bombings as an excuse to invade chechnya and to start to kill and rape in chechnya again - this brother stood up and told the truth about who was behind the bombings.

He is paid a big price for his bravery and for standing up for an oppressed people. May Allah (swt) accept him as a martyr. Ameen

Ninth_Scribe
12-04-2006, 06:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by united
i read this aswell. he was also investigating the murder of anna politkovskaya (a critic of russian policies in chechnya) who was shot dead last month.
Given the strategics of this current age (wars by government proxies), explain to me how this comes as any surprize to you?

Ninth Scribe

Hisbul_Aziz
12-05-2006, 10:29 PM
http://www.islamicity.com/m/news_fra...erenceID=29426

The source seems to be credible. SubhanAllah!
Litvinenko Converted to Islam at Deathbed

Alexander Litvinenko requested to be buried according to Muslim tradition after converting to Islam on his deathbed, his father said.

Alexander Litvinenko, the former Russian KGB agent murdered by radioactive poisoning in London, requested to be buried according to Muslim tradition after converting to Islam on his deathbed, according to the Times Online.

Walter Litvinenko, Alexander's father, said in a reported interview published today in the Times Online that his son, an Orthodox Christian, made it his last wish as he lay dying in the hospital.

"He said ’I want to be buried according to Muslim tradition’," Walter Litvinenko told Moscow's Kommersant daily, as quoted by Times Online.

“He said I want to be buried according to Islamic tradition. I said okay son. It will be as you wish. We already have one Muslim in our family. The important thing is to believe in the Almighty. God is one,” Mr. Litvinenko, adding that he also believed that Russian President Vladimir Putin was involved in the death of his son.

He also rejected claims that former Russian agents may have been responsible for Litvinenko's death.

"There was an order right from the top to kill my son," Walter Litvinenko said. "I am in no doubt that this was done by members of the Russian secret services, with the permission of Vladimir Putin."

The grieving father added that he would return to Russia after burying his son, although he considered that returning was not without danger, Mosnews reported.

In a statement read out after his death, Alexander Litvinenko accused the Russian president of what would be the Kremlin's first political assassination in the West since the Cold War.

"You may succeed in silencing one man. But a howl of protest from around the world will reverberate, Mr Putin, in your ears for the rest of your life," he said.

But some suggested the death was part of a plot to discredit the Kremlin.

Russian authorities have denied any involvement in this case.

Durrah
12-05-2006, 11:19 PM

I doubt his father (who happens to be christain) and who was close to his son would lie, so i will take it as a crediable source- i mean theres no reason for his father to lie and not many xtains would make up that they're child was muslim lol.

All i can say is mashallah for him and its forunate that he left this world after having his slate wiped clean.

Funny though, now all these stories are starting to come out of the woodwork saying that he was helping al-qadea amongst other things and bascially trying to taint him as an 'extremist'. Kinda like when Jean Charles Menezies was killed and all this mumbo jumbo about him being a rapist came out (which was unproved), after all that suicde bombing stuff turned out to be false.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-05-2006, 11:21 PM
:salamext:

Allahu akbar, imagine dying as a clean baby, sinless, he is blessed !!! tabarakAllah!

rubiesand
12-06-2006, 12:43 AM
Inna lilahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon:rose:

Umar001
12-06-2006, 12:48 AM
:cry: :cry:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-06-2006, 12:54 AM
SubhanAllah.
May Allah grant him Jannah, InshAllah, Ameen.

north_malaysian
12-06-2006, 07:08 AM
I'm speechless... He converted on the deathbed? Some people are given chance to be Muslim and purified and later died ... with NO SINS at all... as his life was too short then....

Barakallah fih

north_malaysian
12-06-2006, 07:12 AM
His conversion mentioned in Wikipedia too.

cihad
12-06-2006, 04:55 PM
hey is this the dude they show on cnn thats bald and lying in bed

sorrry i'm confused-coz i sure never heard cnn say anything about that!

rubiesand
12-06-2006, 04:56 PM
Yes that's him sis.

north_malaysian
12-07-2006, 03:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cihad
hey is this the dude they show on cnn thats bald and lying in bed

sorrry i'm confused-coz i sure never heard cnn say anything about that!
yupp... when is his burial? will they bury him in London? Maybe our brothers can go to his burial service then...

Makky
12-07-2006, 08:33 PM
Allahu Akbar Islam and shahada in 2 days , Masha Allah!..

Khattab
12-07-2006, 08:40 PM
his funeral was today his janazah was at regents park mosque

north_malaysian
12-08-2006, 06:20 AM
did u attend it?

Isma'el
12-08-2006, 04:08 PM
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...News/NWELayout

"The ex-KGB agent had requested a Muslim ceremony before he died on November 23"

Masha allah does any1 know if he reverted to islam

glo
12-08-2006, 09:38 PM
The Independent quoted different sources who made different claims about Litvenenko's conversion ...
Mr Zakayev claimed Mr Litvinenko switched faiths to Islam "on his deathbed" - a suggestion rejected by Mr Goldfarb. Mr Siddiqui said the conversion had happened 10 days before he was poisoned. Others claim the former army officer continued to wear a Christian cross until his death.
(http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/cri...cle2055591.ece)

Perhaps only God knows in what spiritual state Litvinenko passed away ...

May he rest in peace!

Peace

rubiesand
12-08-2006, 09:48 PM
On the one hand we have nameless 'others' who claim he wore a cross to the end, and on the other hand we have his own father, Walter, who confirmed that Alexander Litvinenko converted to Islam. I know who I find more credible.

Hashim_507
12-08-2006, 10:07 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Litvinenko

glo
12-09-2006, 09:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by rubiesand
On the one hand we have nameless 'others' who claim he wore a cross to the end, and on the other hand we have his own father, Walter, who confirmed that Alexander Litvinenko converted to Islam. I know who I find more credible.
I don't think we have enough information to make any judgement of that kind ... even if deep down we prefer one option over the other ...
Perhaps 'the others' have their own reasons for wanting to remain anonymous?

Either way, it doesn't matter what we think. What matters is what God thinks! :)

Peace

Musaafirah
12-09-2006, 11:27 PM
Whoah..How come this isn't mentioned in the popular press? :? They trying to silence it or something?
:w:

Keltoi
12-09-2006, 11:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
Whoah..How come this isn't mentioned in the popular press? :? They trying to silence it or something?
:w:
Maybe because it isn't as important to most people as the fact that he was poisoned with radioactive material and the connection to Moscow. Just a hunch,

Musaafirah
12-09-2006, 11:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Maybe because it isn't as important to most people as the fact that he was poisoned with radioactive material and the connection to Moscow. Just a hunch,
Hmm..all the same, the news HAS been going on for some days now, so shouldn't it at least have found it's way up somewhere? Just a thought I guess..

Khattab
12-10-2006, 02:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
did u attend it?
no I wasnt there but they showed his funeral on sky news, and they showed his janazah salat being performed

snakelegs
12-10-2006, 04:25 AM
yes - i heard the other day that he had services in a mosque.
i heard this on http://democracynow.org/, which is a pretty decent alternative news source.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.