/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh - Whats wrong with it ?????

AFDAL
12-03-2006, 11:17 AM
Bangladesh voters' list criticised

At least 40 people have been killed in violent protests since October

A United States-based election monitor has questioned the credibility of Bangladesh's list of voters saying it contains more than 12 million false names.

A 14-party alliance of opposition parties has threatened a nationwide transport blockade from Sunday.

It has demanded that the date of the election be changed and voters' lists overhauled.

"Bangladesh's voters' list has approximately 12.2 million names which are either in error or are duplicates," a report by the Washington-based National Democratic Institute for International Affairs [NDI] said.

Concern voiced

Owen Lippert, the NDI's representative in Bangladesh, said his group had checked more than 22,000 names across the country and interviewed 11,000 people during a survey of voters ahead of an election scheduled for January 21.

"The [NDI] delegation is deeply concerned that the new voters' list runs to over 93 million names, a size that is substantially inconsistent with the 2001 census data," Lippert told a news conference.

"A voters' list containing two-thirds of the population strains credibility."

It is feared that Sunday's blockade could turn violent. At least 40 people have been killed in fighting between rival political groups since Begum Khaleda Zia, leader of the Bangladesh Nationalist Party [BNP], ended her five-year term as prime minister in October.

Meetings

Iajuddin Ahmed, the Bangladesh president and the head of the interim administration, meanwhile is meeting the leaders of both political camps on Saturday in an attempt to resolve the situation.

The initiative came after an envoy of Kofi Annan, the UN secretary- general, called on all parties to come together.

Craig Jenness, director of the UN Electoral Assistance Division, described the situation as "worrying", saying the differences could only be resolved through dialogue.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...ED749AF20F.htm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Ruler
12-03-2006, 12:11 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by title
Bangladesh - Whats wrong with it ?????
i got 1 word akhi...just 1 word...

everything

:w:

M2A^AKIB^
12-03-2006, 02:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Glacier*+

i got 1 word akhi...just 1 word...

everything

not quite everything.
killing all these ppl just for one party to go to power is pathetic.
but i will blame Awami League entirely. u have no clue how heartless these ppl.

if anyone interested i will post a video showing their inhumanity. it's very bloody and sad.

afriend
12-03-2006, 04:17 PM
Yes...Awma League needs to get shot....

To answer the Question......What isn't wrong with it? Everything seems to me messed down to the very lowest of the lows....

People still want to go there :rollseyes....No point worrying over a country that will be under water in the next half a century.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M2A^AKIB^
12-03-2006, 05:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Yes...Awma League needs to get shot....

To answer the Question......What isn't wrong with it? Everything seems to me messed down to the very lowest of the lows....

People still want to go there :rollseyes....No point worrying over a country that will be under water in the next half a century.
Booooooooooooooo!!!! down with the scientists!!!!

Skillganon
12-03-2006, 06:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ya Mustafa
not quite everything.
killing all these ppl just for one party to go to power is pathetic.
but i will blame Awami League entirely. u have no clue how heartless these ppl.

if anyone interested i will post a video showing their inhumanity. it's very bloody and sad.
I think I know which video you are refering too. I was shocked by watching it and it disgusted me.

Musaafirah
12-03-2006, 06:09 PM
I hate the political tension prevalent in BD. People ain't even study there without their teachers going on strike....Poor people just gettin poorer, economies getting worse...the rich up there don't give two hoots about their poor neighbours..everyone's getting more and more selfish..
Yet, what amazes me is the pride they have in their Golden fields..the pride they possess of the countless amount of soldiers lost in the freedom fight..for the sake of keeping their mother tongue..
Depressing..:cry:

Skillganon
12-03-2006, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
I hate the political tension prevalent in BD. People ain't even study there without their teachers going on strike....Poor people just gettin poorer, economies getting worse...the rich up there don't give two hoots about their poor neighbours..everyone's getting more and more selfish..
Yet, what amazes me is the pride they have in their Golden fields..the pride they possess of the countless amount of soldiers lost in the freedom fight..for the sake of keeping their mother tongue..
Depressing..:cry:
What you expect when you give to much pride in nationalism (Tribalism) and forgetting what made them believer's (discuding non-muslims). The whole political system is a joke. May allah(s.w.t) give the Hikmah and understanding.

Stupid bangladeshi's :grumbling

Musaafirah
12-03-2006, 06:15 PM
Hey! I'm a Bangladeshi! I'm not stupid either :p..
Just referring to the ones up there..:(

Skillganon
12-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Hey! I'm a Bangladeshi! I'm not stupid either :p..
Just referring to the ones up there..:(
Good on you sister, so am I. :okay:

Musaafirah
12-03-2006, 06:20 PM
So are you what?
A bengali? Or referring to the bangladeshi bengalis up there? ^o)

Skillganon
12-03-2006, 06:22 PM
So are you what?
A bengali? Or referring to the bangladeshi bengalis up there? ^o)
Sorry I am a bangladeshi by ethnicity (hence I was not born their). I am more specifically from the superior tribe of bangladesh. Called Syhlet.

Musaafirah
12-03-2006, 06:24 PM
Lol! I was born there..in the Sylhet district..but brought up here in the UK!

M2A^AKIB^
12-03-2006, 06:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
What you expect when you give to much pride in nationalism (Tribalism) and forgetting what made them believer's (discuding non-muslims). The whole political system is a joke. May allah(s.w.t) give the Hikmah and understanding.

Stupid bangladeshi's :grumbling
sooo true, nationalism is taking over religion. they don't want Islam to be in any part of the government.
since u know about the video i m talking about, u know how it all is.
i bet there are countless ppl there who don't even know what they are protesting about. my uncle just told me the reason of these protests couple days ago. unfortunately my uncle strictly supports Awami League:grumbling
just pray for Bangladesh!!!

arabiyyah
12-03-2006, 06:53 PM
People still want to go there ....No point worrying over a country that will be under water in the next half a century.
huh?

M2A^AKIB^
12-03-2006, 06:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by arabiyyah
huh?
he's talking about global warming. the scientists are predicting that water level will rise in bangladesh due to global warming and eventually the land will be under water. i hope it doesn't happen, i don't want my relatives to die...:cry:

arabiyyah
12-03-2006, 07:00 PM
he's talking about global warming. the scientists are predicting that water level will rise in bangladesh due to global warming and eventually the land will be under water. i hope it doesn't happen, i don't want my relatives to die...:cry:
that is sad! how long do they have? charities should start preparing now before many innocent die! :cry:

M2A^AKIB^
12-03-2006, 07:16 PM
that is sad! how long do they have? charities should start preparing now before many innocent die! :cry:
40 to 50 years

ppl are so ignorant of this....

Skillganon
12-03-2006, 07:16 PM
Yeah we can start shifting them to Kuwait.

M2A^AKIB^
12-03-2006, 07:33 PM
Yeah we can start shifting them to Kuwait.
yeah right! :rollseyes

Skillganon
12-03-2006, 07:53 PM
Why not?

M2A^AKIB^
12-03-2006, 07:59 PM
ok 150,000,000 ppl in Kuwait???
the place wouldn't suit bangladeshi ppl anyway, it's too hot. they'll just start another bigger conflict after another. the middle east is already in enough trouble. the bangladeshi's have enough troubles of their own. sooo i recommend migrating to.......... i dn't know. can't think of any other country where we can stay in peace.....

Helena
12-03-2006, 08:02 PM
wots wrong with Bangladesh???....

summary please...we were jus watching bangla news.....conflict/greed/.....etc....

wots happening now?.....didnt quiet understand the standard bangla.....

Skillganon
12-03-2006, 08:04 PM
ok 150,000,000 ppl in Kuwait???
the place wouldn't suit bangladeshi ppl anyway, it's too hot. they'll just start another bigger conflict after another. the middle east is already in enough trouble. the bangladeshi's have enough troubles of their own. sooo i recommend migrating to.......... i dn't know. can't think of any other country where we can stay in peace.....
So you don't know any country where Muslim will welcome Muslim with open arms?

Oh well, than we can forget about helping those in Bangladesh who are going to be under water. Let's see what sister arabiyyah has to say about it?

M2A^AKIB^
12-03-2006, 08:10 PM
some muslim countries are too selfish these days, i totally doubt they'll let that many ppl in. i might suggest saudi arabia, but look at all those sand!!! it has only about 80,000,000 ppl i fink.

Helena
12-03-2006, 08:13 PM
thats pretty sad to hear....to listen whether muslim ummah wont help each other in need...over wot exactly?....

bangladesh overall is a messed up place....the country is run by womens...are not simply in the mood to help the ppl in need or raise country standards...its just getting worse day by day......

more greed / conflicts are happening around the country......

Woodrow
12-03-2006, 08:18 PM

Oh well, than we can forget about helping those in Bangladesh who are going to be under water. Let's see what sister arabiyyah has to say about it?
If history is any indicater. People will not make any changes until after a major disaster, no matter how convincing the evidence is. Just some fairly recent examples. Mount St. Helens Eruption here in the states. The New Orlean's flood, The fact that people in California know that at any moment they are one earthquake away from sinking into the sea. The list goes on almost endlessly I have seen South Padre Island totaly destroyed twice in my life time and although everybody knows major Hurricanes do come into the Gulf of Mexico, it still gets rebuilt. People will not leave their homelands unless there is no possible way to stay. Even then many will choose to die in their homelant then move to safety.

M2A^AKIB^
12-03-2006, 08:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HAJI_HELENA
thats pretty sad to hear....to listen whether muslim ummah wont help each other in need...over wot exactly?....

bangladesh overall is a messed up place....the country is run by womens...are not simply in the mood to help the ppl in need or raise country standards...its just getting worse day by day......

more greed / conflicts are happening around the country......
the video i was talking about will sum it up all for u.
u want me to upload the video? it's pretty sad..

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-03-2006, 08:19 PM
i thought sylhet gona stil b der cuz its on high ground :S oi n dnt dis bengaliz lol :p

innit y da hell is it ran by dat old woman.. hu annoys me so bad, hav u seen her hair?! lol dnt ask

Helena
12-03-2006, 08:21 PM
the video i was talking about will sum it up all for u.
u want me to upload the video? it's pretty sad..
okay..go ahead.....shukran...

dnt talk about sheikh hasina's hairstlye man.....seriously she needs help....

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-03-2006, 08:32 PM
LOLLLLL ^ innnit mannnn.. she needz serious help..

hu gona kik her out da seat man.. sum1 needs 2..! didnt our prophet (saws) say a woman hu rules a country wil neva b succesful :S

IbnAbdulHakim
12-03-2006, 08:55 PM
:salamext:

i kinda thought of bangladesh as completely messed up the day i heard they allowed a woman in power and claim to be a muslim country, Audhubillah.

subhanAllah, i hope it can be restored to a peaceful state again inshaAllah, perhaps a khalifaa can be established there :D (i'll keep on dreaming!)

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-03-2006, 08:58 PM
LOLL ^ yeh u do dat haha

Pk_#2
12-03-2006, 09:34 PM
Dun diss da bengalis,

lol sheffy i hate dat women, c da way she....

foget it man, foget it LOL

bangladesh gna flood n die out anyways, soo....erm...

:p

IbnAbdulHakim
12-03-2006, 09:37 PM
:salamext:

SUBHANALLAH. Im tryin to get all my cousins n stuff in this country from bak home, im propa scared for them all. But think about it, aint like the worlds just gonna let a whole country sink with people in it lol but still, i want my cousins in this country !!! and the parents way of gettin them here is to "go bak home and marry a cousin" lol thats not happening ^o)

Pk_#2
12-03-2006, 09:42 PM
lol aww, dun worry inshaAllah dey all be safe,

got hardly anyone left der, evawan abroad init :D

thank goodnesh! heh

AsalamuAlaykum!

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-03-2006, 09:46 PM
LOL yehhh go marry a preshi save dem :p

Pk_#2
12-03-2006, 09:47 PM
InshaAllah lol!

i cnt believe i sed dat urgh astaghfirullah pls, i h8 dem 4 giv me!!

Am married!

Sheffy ur one to speak miz!

M2A^AKIB^
12-04-2006, 01:58 AM
the DVD was scratched so i couldn't get the whole thing uploaded... but here is most of the part in bangla... i had the english version but that part is scratched too.

http://www.uploading.com/files/MH74S..._01_1.VOB.html

arabiyyah
12-04-2006, 02:39 AM

people in kuwait would welcome there bros and sises.

Skillganon
12-04-2006, 03:30 AM
people in kuwait would welcome there bros and sises.
Inshallah. It Gladens my heart to hear statement like that.

See you Guyz, I proved you wrong.

Although you must understand not all bangladeshi's are best of the people.

snakelegs
12-04-2006, 03:46 AM
would pakistan take them?
i know that a few years after partition, pakistan closed the door on indian immigration, tho they have taken well over a million afghans.

Helena
12-04-2006, 09:09 AM
dnt think bangladesh will flood rite now or something.......its happening throughout the years...its nothing new....i guess....

but other than that....past floods has happened for a reason.......still i dnt see any changes in bangladesh?........there still the same....

they should take flood signs prop....think why its happening....wot has caused it......

jazaks for link....will watch it inshAllah...

AFDAL
12-04-2006, 04:28 PM
Bangladesh "Victory Day" of 16th December

By Showkat Ali

Al-Jazeerah, December 4, 2006

On the 16th of December millions of people in Bangladesh and Bangladeshis around the world will celebrate Victory day. On this day in 1971, the Pakistani army surrendered to the Indo-Bangladeshi High Command in Dhaka, ending a 9 month war of independence. Pakistani General AAK Niazi surrendered officially to the Allied forces commander General Arora.

Bangladesh gained independence after 9 months of a long and bloody struggle. India also commemorates victory over Pakistan on the same day in 1971 on Vijay Diwas.

I as a Muslim, born in Britain whose parents are from Bangladesh do not celebrate this day nor regard it as a day of victory. How can their be victory and celebration when one Muslim country is divided and separated into 2 parts?

Nationalism divides Muslims and keeps us weak while unity and regulation of society based upon Islam unites and strengthens us.

InshAllah Pakistan will be re-unified again soon and millions of us East Pakistani Muslims make dua and work for unity again based upon the teachings of Islam and nothing else.

Below is a poem which I wrote to mark this sad anniversary which I hope will inshAllah be the last.

I am East Pakistan

Created in 1947

Torn from mother India

And divided from my brother

West Pakistan

By several thousand miles of hostile territory

Land which was once ours

Under the glorious Islamic rule

Taken away by western powers

Who looted and polluted

All of our resources and way of life and values

When we woke up and challenged their injustice

They responded with barbarism

But Allah was with us

And they fled and sailed away

With only a token force remaining

Leaving behind a trail of destruction

And religions at each others throats.

Divide and conquer

Their contribution to humanity

And greatest achievement

A great continent once ruled by Islam

Where it didn’t matter

What religion or no religion you followed

Coz u were a citizen of the Islamic state

An example of multiculturalism

Never witnessed since

They divided a great country into two but created three separate parts

Millions died

But to them it didn’t matter

They saw us as uncivilised animals

And no one sheds tears when dogs die.

East and West Pakistan was soon born

But only to be torn

In 1971

Based on regionalism, nationalism, discrimination and exploitation

They had planted the seeds of division as a solution in 47

Brother hated brother

One brother sought help from the Hindus

And they were happy to contribute to the bloodshed

The victors celebrated

But both sides lost the pleasure of Allah

Insulting a Muslim is a sin

And killing a Muslim is disbelief

Since 71

Bangladesh has achieved notoriety and fame

The worlds most corrupt country

Several years in a row

Politically subservient to USA and India

Instead of being looted by the elites in West Pakistan

Now being bankrupted by those in Dhaka

Same sad story in Pakistan

The faces may change

But the corruption remains

How the heart aches

And regrets the mistake of division

Brother divided from brother

Since 71

Yearning for unity

Not based on superiority of regionalism or caste

But one based on Islam and piety

Forget the slogans of Joi Bangla and Pakistan zindabad

And embrace the slogans of Allahu Akbar, Khilafat, Khilafat

Author:Showkotali@hotmail.com

from http://aljazeerah.info/Opinion%20edi...wkat%20Ali.htm

arabiyyah
12-04-2006, 09:16 PM
what year do they predict this to happen top bangladesh?

M2A^AKIB^
12-04-2006, 11:24 PM
between 40 or 50 years or so.. .not sure

arabiyyah
12-04-2006, 11:25 PM
between 40 or 50 years or so.. .not sure
im so sad now, i never knew such a thing was going to happen.:cry:

IbnAbdulHakim
12-05-2006, 11:06 AM
^ its ok because bangladesh is known for its inhabitants being very happy people. Alhamdulillaah, sakeena comes to the poor

AFDAL
12-05-2006, 04:55 PM
GUWAHATI, Dec 4: Newly-elected Asom BJP president Ramen Deka has today alleged that Bangladeshi Muslims who entered Asom in large numbers and engaged themselves mostly as rickshaw-pullers have been working as arms carriers for the ISI and the ULFA, both infamous for carrying out subversive activities in Asom.
Talking to newsmen in the city today for the first time after being elected president of the Asom unit of the BJP, Deka said: “There is an alarming rise in the population of Bangladeshi Muslims who infiltrated into Asom and have been working as arms carriers for the ISI which is backing the ULFA to conduct subversive activities in the State”, Deka said.
He alleged that as many as 3,269 ‘new’ villages came up in the Bramhaputra riverine areas between 1961 and 1991 ‘with predominantly Bangladeshi infiltrators’ which the ‘Congress Government in the State took as its vote banks’.
“The RDX being imported in huge quantity by rebels in Asom is a Pakistan’s patented explosive, and this fact has exposed in no uncertain terms that the ISI has been helping the ULFA and the explosive materials are being supplied to Asom through the infiltrators,” he alleged, and said that all the recent blasts in the State had been triggered by the ISI and jehadi elements.
He asked the State Government to make the work of NRC update public. “The then Chief Election Commissioner of India, TN Seshan, was about to issue photo identity cards to the voters of Asom, but the move had to be kept under the wrap following pressures from various circles. Had the voters identity card been issued then, detection of infiltrators would have become much easier now,” he said, adding that even after issuance of voters identity cards there were ways to detect foreigners who could easily manage to get such identity cards. “The Hindus will be a minority in Asom in the coming ten years,” he rued.
Criticizing the State Government for its failure on the law-and-order front, he held Power Minister Pradyut Bordoloi responsible for the recent police firing at Margherita in connection with the formation of the Tirap Autonomous Council where tribal population is just nine per cent.
On the State Government’s move to utilize the land leased out for cultivation of tea in the State for other industries with assistance from the Tatas, Deka asked the State Government to spell out its tea policy in clear terms.

http://purbanchal.forumup.com/viewto...urbanchal#1792

IbnAbdulHakim
12-05-2006, 04:57 PM
i just asked one of my friends if he will defend bangladesh with his life (his bengali) and he said his on his way with an AK47 ;D

i wonder how many people think defending bangladesh is worth their life lol, i wouldnt mind but im wondering if i will get shaheed that way, doubt it...

AFDAL
12-05-2006, 04:59 PM
SUTARKANDI (Indo-Bangladesh border), Dec 3: Every twelve hours of each day, Nurul Hussain of Lafasai village, virtually loses his nationality.
Shut out from the rest of the world for 12 hours of each day due to international complication, Nurul and Lafasai village remain confined between the barbed fences and the actual Zero line of the International boundary.
“From 6 p.m to next morning 6 a.m we are confined to the village, no movement anywhere outside as the massive iron gets shut down by the BSF,’’ said Nurul.
In fact Lafasai is not alone. In the Karimganj sector, there are two more villages like that. They are Jharapatta and Gopalpur, which are sandwiched between the barbed wire fence and the actual boundary.
“We have democratic right as citizen of India yet we are outside of democracy. Every day at 6 a.m the Gate is opened and we go out for normal marketing or visit someone’s place. Again at 6 p.m in the evening we have to return home. So where is the democracy?’’ question Andai Das Prkaystha, a former Asom Police personnel now retired who had returned back to his village.
“The BSF has always been kind to us. Whenever there is some emergency like medical problem, then gates are opened but beside that we must return home before 6 p.m otherwise stay the night outside the village,’’ said Amiya Ranjan Das Purkaystha.
This is a strange world and living on the edge of the international boundary sharing same courtyard with a different nation is a surreal experience for any outsider.
“In fact the boundary actually has gone right through the village with two rooms falling on the Indian side and three rooms falling on the Bangladesh side. The house was constructed long back and the actual owners moved to Kolkata. Now Indian portion has been occupied by an Indian farmer who share the house with a Bangladeshi fisherman sharing the same courtyard making it impossible to manage sometime,’’ said Sub Inspector GP Pandey of the BSF.
The system operator-turned-BSF officer was posted at the Lafasai out post just a few weeks ago and it was his first exposure to the Indo-Bangladesh border. “This is a strange feeling. In Punjab and Kashmir you can feel that you are guarding the International boundary but here it is something different,’’ said Mr. Pandey. But for the 120-odd families of Lafasai, Gopalpur and Jharapatta, a day means 12 hours for them. Whatever they do, they have to return back to their house by 1800 hours, come what may.
“Sometime when we go to Karimganj for some work, we just rush through otherwise we will have to spend the night outside,’’ said Arijeet Das Purkaystha, a resident of Jharapatta on the edge of the border.
Then there are daily problems of cow theft by the Bangladeshi bandits. With no help coming from Indian side because of fencing, the bandits are having a field day.
The village elder still fondly remembers the pre Partition days but the young generations have grown up with hostility. “Frankly speaking infiltration is less in this side but the cow theft is too much’’.
Everybody is constantly harassed by the cow theft. “Almost every day we keep vigil. Only two days back village carpenter’s cows were taken away. We are helpless. On the one side we have the fencing and other side we have the border,’’ he said.
“With each of our post are stretched so much that we can not do much at night as there is no light near the fencing like that of Punjab,’’ said Inspector K P Kuniyal. He said that border vigil could be more effective only if lighting arrangements are done throughout the border.
India wants the fencing to be erected on the zero line so that these villages can be saved from the day-to-day harassment and BSF also get some space to breathe. But Bangladesh opposes it citing a treaty both the countries had signed many decades back. Bangladesh maintains that the fencing is a defence installation but India says it is to stop smuggling and infiltration. But till the stalemate is resolved, for all these who live in these villages have to rush home before 6 p.m. UNI

AFDAL
12-05-2006, 05:03 PM
Aizawl, Dec 4: The Border Security Force (BSF) has deployed two more battalions along the Mizoram-Bangladesh border.
Talking to mediapersons here today, Deputy Inspector General of BSF Mizoram, Cachar Frontier MA Khan said additional forces have been deployed along the 337 km-long boundary with Bangladesh.
“To curb infiltration, we are carrying out a day and night foot and vehicle-mounted aggressive patrolling along the border, which is rugged and porous with thick forests”, he said He also added that BSF has so far apprehended 29 Bangladeshi nationals, four Myanmarese and 45 Indians involved in trans-border criminal activities in Mizoram during past one year.
Meanwhile, the BSF also seized three assault rifles, a Chinese-made grenade, 67 kgs of ganja, a huge amount of Bangladesh and Indian currencies and other contraband items worth Rs 16,77,264 from anti-national elements trespassing the border. (UNI)

arabiyyah
12-05-2006, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
^ its ok because bangladesh is known for its inhabitants being very happy people. Alhamdulillaah, sakeena comes to the poor
will they be happy when that flood comes tho? :cry:

IbnAbdulHakim
12-05-2006, 09:00 PM
will they be happy when that flood comes tho? :cry:
make dua, may Allah make them shaheed and grant them jannatul firdaus, Hikmatullah. Allah knows best ukhtee

arabiyyah
12-05-2006, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
make dua, may Allah make them shaheed and grant them jannatul firdaus, Hikmatullah. Allah knows best ukhtee
i agree

afriend
12-05-2006, 09:20 PM
As soon as their 'shunnar bangladesh' (golden Bangladesh :rollseyes) gets done by floods, they'll get off their high horse!!!

When the time for marriage comes, they wont worry about which 'tribe' or 'district' the person came from.....:giggling: because there wont be any of that left!! ROCK ON GRANDCHILDREN...Atleast u wont have to put up with that :smile: lol....

Also, they'll stop being so nationalistic, they'll have to get along with people of other nations (since they will be living in different countries)....

Lucky next generation :mmokay:

But a disaster on such a large scale would mean mass hijrah (wats the word in english? :p, sorry im a little slow today)...But may Allah help them all.

M2A^AKIB^
12-05-2006, 11:43 PM
migration ^^^:p

Skillganon
12-05-2006, 11:46 PM
migration ^^^:p
Migration to IRaq and Afghanistan will be a good idea. It will teach the allied groups their two or three things on how to be clever.

M2A^AKIB^
12-06-2006, 12:15 AM
Migration to IRaq and Afghanistan will be a good idea. It will teach the allied groups their two or three things on how to be clever.
yea may be they'll work togather for the first time in history to drive the soldiers out.

AFDAL
12-06-2006, 06:15 PM
Dhaka, Dec 6 (IANS) Stating that "world needs Bangladesh democracy," a visiting senior US official Tuesday said the forthcoming parliamentary polls would be "most monitored" by the international community.

Close to 400 international observers - around 300 from the EU and 71 from the US - will be arriving here for monitoring the elections. Besides, thousands of Bangladeshis will be trained to observe the polls.

"Bangladesh is the third-largest moderate Muslim democracy... we are keenly watching it in Washington," US Deputy Assistant Secretary John Gastright said.

The US is closely watching the run-up to the polls in Bangladesh with its envoy, Patricia Butenis, playing a pro-active role, along with envoys from the US, European Union and Japan in engaging all concerned with the polls.

Analysts have said that even though these activities were well beyond the diplomatic call, they helped ease and resolve the political stalemate, especially the revamping of the Election Commission.

Gastright is the second senior US State Department official to visit Dhaka in less than a month. His senior, Assistant Secretary of State Richard Boucher, was here last month interacting with people in the government, politicians and businessmen at the height of political turmoil that gripped Bangladesh the whole of November.

Gastright, who had consultations with the leaders of major political parties, advisers to the caretaker government and the Election Commissioners over the election issues, said he was optimistic about free, fair and credible elections here.

He observed that the caretaker government and the Election Commission are working hard and seriously to move the process forward, The Daily Star newspaper said.

Gastright warned against any army intervention in the poll and political process, saying that it will certainly negatively affect Dhaka-Washington military relations and Bangladesh's peacekeeping operations.

"I don't think army step is the right thing for Bangladesh. It will certainly negatively affect military to military cooperation, give a negative signal to the whole world and affect Bangladesh's participation in the UN peacekeeping mission," the visiting US government functionary said in an interview to United News of Bangladesh (UNB) news agency.

Asked what the US position would be if any party finally stays away from the polls, or voting is marred with rigging, he said: "Certainly international community will not endorse the results."

The possibility of a poll boycott was debated in the context of the countryside agitation by the 14-party alliance through the last month when neutrality of President Iajuddin Ahmed, who is doubling as chief Advisor of the caretaker government and that of the Election Commission were challenged in public and before the court.

Analysts said his remarks about Bangladesh being "the third largest moderate Muslim country" were in the context of the rise of radical Islam, especially since 9/11, in the last five years.

The Bush administration and US think tanks have taken serious note of this phenomenon, seeing linkages with the Al Qaeda sponsored global terrorism, but also the detention and punishment of some of activists whose organizations were banned in the last two years.

Specifying the US concerns, Gastright said that he hoped the next elected government would implement policies to address the issues of corruption, extremism, literacy, business-friendly policy, and infrastructure development with a world-class port.

Skillganon
12-06-2006, 06:59 PM
Bangladesh? Moderate. LOL

Radicalised since 9/11. Yeah right. Who writes this stuff?

"World needs Bangladesh democracy"? That is one of the most funniest statement I heard.

AFDAL
12-19-2006, 06:26 PM
Bangladeshi police rescues unwed mother from Islamic punishment
Submitted by aftababedin on Tue, 2006-12-19 13:25. Muslim World News
Dhaka, Dec 19 (IANS) Police in Bangladesh have rescued a teenage vagrant from being caned as per a 'fatwa' (edict) issued by a Muslim clergy on charge of becoming an unwed mother after a liaison with an influential father of two.

According to the fatwa announced last Friday by Abdus Sobhan, khatib of the Jawa Jame mosque at Chhatak in Sylhet district and an assistant teacher of a local madrassah, Mahmuda Begum was to be beaten in broad daylight with a bundle of bamboo canes "till she bled copiously". The arbitrators avoided the issue of punishing the adulterous Lala Miah, an influential man who deceived the girl, the New Age newspaper said.

Unaware of what was happening, the authorities got into action after local media reported the verdict. Police detained four persons for interrogation about the fatwa.

The girl's father Harab Ullah, a former freedom fighter, lives by begging. The local arbitrators, acting under the fatwa, forced the father to go to the local mosque with a garland of old shoes around his neck. He has gone missing since then, local villagers said.

Lala Miah, 38, established an extra-marital relation with Mahmuda more than a year back. He used to meet Mahmuda at the home of Jabaful Begum, the woman member of the local upzilla (sub-district) committee.

She helped him seduce the hapless girl, enticing Mahmuda by telling her that he would marry her, said locals.

Mahmuda became pregnant and on Nov 15 gave birth to a male child, who died after two days.

She escaped punishment immediately after the verdict only because one of the appellants against her died, requiring postponement.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.