/* */

PDA

View Full Version : contributer please in a civil manner about Owais Qadri.

Kittygyal
12-03-2006, 06:32 PM
Assalmualikum.

i hope everyone is in thy best health of Iman inshallah Allah azwajal. :wub:

i am concerned about some issues well as you may have heard this guy called 'Owais Qadri' or might have not for those whom don't he recites nashid's 3ubhnallah, his nashids are very classic && solid by there meaning but thy thing is it contains "beatboxing" which many people say it's haram in Islam but am confused My 3lima told me it's haram aswel but many people say it isn't Allah Hu A3lim!.
i have got information on "beatboxing" && in my kitab aswel it says it's Haram but i just want everyone to contribute on this issue inshallah. i don't want anyone posting nashids by Owais Qadri but all i want is a discussion on whether his nashids are okay even though i don't listen to his only if someone sends me them but my little beloved Akhi whom is on this site aswel called "Aashiq-E-Rassol" sent me one nashid called "Kalaam e Ameer e Ahlesunnat" && even my 3limah wrote down thy meaning && 3ubhnallah she said that doesn't have beatboxing in but most of his other nashids do && when i read thy translation walahi i was in tears because thy meaning is so solid that it makes you cry :cry:

so please on a sick note please for thy sake of Allah 3ubhanwatallah please don't post his nashids but just contribute with one another in a civil manner if his nashids are permissible in Islam or not inshallah Allah Azwajal.
my intention is not to hurt anyone one or start an argument, please forgive me for thy sake of Allah 3ubahnwatallah if i have said anything wrong INSHALLAH!
Ma'assalama

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
12-03-2006, 07:11 PM
Assalmualikum.
anyone caring to help:? please for thy sake of Allah 3ubhanwatallah help me am confused :confused:
Ma'assalama

vpb
12-04-2006, 02:22 AM
my personal opinion, I would NOT listen to those kinds of nasheeds because beatboxing is not of the nature of dhikr (Islam in general) and it emitates acts of non-believers, but I would prefer to listen to simple nasheeds.

Umar001
12-04-2006, 02:55 AM
Surely this is a dicussion about whether beatboxing is allowed, so would it not just be better if you take his name away and so noone will post anything about him personally but only on the matter of beat boxing?

I don't know,I thought it was allowed since it wasnt an instrument but then i saw a fatwa stating that one of the things a nashed should not have is beatboxing or something

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
vpb
12-04-2006, 07:40 AM
sis, I would suggest you to avoid doubtfull things and choose an alternative, that's what prophet saws told us to do.

:D

------
12-04-2006, 08:19 AM
i am concerned about some issues well as you may have heard this guy called 'Owais Qadri' or might have not for those whom don't he recites nashid's 3ubhnallah, his nashids are very classic && solid by there meaning but thy thing is it contains "beatboxing" which many people say it's haram in Islam but am confused My 3lima told me it's haram aswel but many people say it isn't Allah Hu A3lim!.
:sl:

For a start sis, it does not contain 'beatboxing'

It contains Dhikr, and the Dhikr is made to recite in such a way that it provides a kinda of rhythm to the nasheed/naat.

Some scholars have said it is wrong and some have said it is fine, but personally, i do not think there is anything wrong with it as the people are just saying the name of Allah swt, which is not wrong.

Allahu Aa'lim

:w:

Malaikah
12-04-2006, 08:20 AM

Firstly, everything I have read on the issue of beatboxing points towards the strong argument that it is haram, since it is imitation of instruments and the kuffaar,

Secondly, I understand what you mean that the guys nasheeds (not that I've ever heard of this guy) might be really amazing and touching, and really it is sad that something beautiful can be mixed with something haram.

But just because the lyrics are really nice, that cant be justification for listening to them, since they contain something haram.

How can we try to come closer to Allah swt by sinning? It doesnt make sense. Allah swt made these things haram for a reason, they are harmful to us, even though it might not seem like.

As an extreme example, imagine a Muslim attended church every Sunday because he likes the spiritual feeling he gets by listening to them or something like that. His excuse would be that he is only doing it to come close to God, but in reality he is trying to come closer to God by sinning! It just doesn't make sense! Any good is out weighted by the bad in it.

I know listening to a nasheed with beatboxing isn't as extreme as the example, but it represents the same idea.

Also don't forget it could be a trick of the devil to make us sin, thinking that we are actually doing something good!

Well, thats my opinion on the matter. You just cant come closer to God by sinning and it isn't justified to allow sinning because it is related to something Islamic.

Malaikah
12-04-2006, 08:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pr1nc3ss
For a start sis, it does not contain 'beatboxing'

It contains Dhikr, and the Dhikr is made to recite in such a way that it provides a kinda of rhythm to the nasheed/naat.

Can you please explain how people can confuse beatboxing with dhikr?! :? :uuh:

I've never heard the nasheeds myself so I wouldnt know.

------
12-04-2006, 08:24 AM

Here, chek it out, one of his famous Naats.

http://www.muhammadiya.com/Aqa%20Ka%...soolAllah.html

Malaikah
12-04-2006, 08:46 AM

WHAT on earth was that?! :offended: That doesn't sound like beatboxing OR dhikr. :?

lolwatever
12-04-2006, 08:51 AM
edit

------
12-04-2006, 10:58 AM
Its Dhikr in the background of the naat.

Muhammad
12-04-2006, 11:11 AM

Sister, this issue has cropped up many times on the forum, and you will find opinions supporting your stance and you will find opinions against it. Furthermore, nobody here is qualified to issue a fatwa on this matter; it will only be people giving their personal understandings and views. Perhaps you should consult scholars that you trust and try and reach a decision Insha'Allaah. We do have some threads about this issue, so might be interested to read those. One is here:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...an-sunnah.html

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.