/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain this diagram? Your opinions please insha'Allaah.

- Qatada -
12-03-2006, 11:50 PM
:salamext:

Can you tell me what you understand from it, and i'll post up my reasons/explanation tomorrow insha'Allaah. :) I know it looks abit kiddish but its got a deep meaning to it..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Fattah
12-04-2006, 12:08 AM
Well it seems pretty obvious as the quoted verses and hadeeth pretty much explain the drawings.
Drawings are a bit simplifying though :)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-04-2006, 12:10 AM
:sl:

Its nice. Simple and to the point Masha'Allah

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-04-2006, 12:14 AM
Yeap, its pretty much straight to the point.
Self Explanatory, Masha'Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sum-Muslim-Gal
12-04-2006, 12:17 AM
salam

yes i think i kind of get it...its like the diargrams we have but not that kiddish lolzz...

ok this is my attempt i may not make any sense but here it goes..

so the first bit with the path basically the path we are on now as we would refer to the journey of our life..so where ever you are in this path good or bad you have a chance to change the directions....to ligh or to darkeness..
if you follow Allah[swt] and his messenger then you will succeed if you chose to follow the wrong doers then you are in complete darkness...

the one with heart is basically our heart spritually...
every time we sin e.g. listen to music, backbite...the a black spot appears in your heart if you repent to allah[swt] for your mistakes and wrong doings then inshaAllah you will be forgiven...but you gotta keep away from that sin...

the one below with the two obsacles,....

you chose your freind and companions...good friends will lead you to the right path bad freinds will lead you astray...
so you got to choose your freinds wisely...a best freind is some who loves Allah[swt] and his Rasul[saw]..and helps others to the right path..
a bad freind is someone who lead you to sin but really they are not the ones who are leading you but they are like followers of shaytaan mouth piece who only invite you to sin..and your nafs just agrees..

well aah this is my attempt i couldnt go much in depth ...

Wasalam

IbnAbdulHakim
12-04-2006, 12:18 AM

those that go against the fitrah are simply oppressing themselves and sending themselves to hell bro, thats wat im getting from it :)

also beautiful example :)

Muslim Woman
12-04-2006, 01:14 AM
I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

Listen to the holy Quran---the Final Testament
Recitation of Sura Fathiha by Shiekh Saad Al-Ghamdhi of Saudi Arabia

http://www.islamworld.net/fathiha.au

&&&
[QUOTE=Fi_Sabilillah;584834]:salamext:

Can you tell me what you understand from it, and i'll post up my reasons/explanation tomorrow insha'Allaah. :) I know it looks abit kiddish but its got a deep meaning to it..

...[/QUOTE

a very nice post :) .....does not look kiddish :giggling: at all.

Jazak Allah.

Umar001
12-04-2006, 01:35 AM
Theres a mistake from where am stading. Or maybe I've seen it wrong.

EDIT: Im just being picky :p

- Qatada -
12-04-2006, 07:27 PM

Jazak Allaah khayr for your explanations and ideas. :)

I'll try explaining how its abit more deeper than that:

I'll start off with the ladder on the left first insha'Allah.

We're all born on the fitrah - which is the middle ground, we incline to do good and believe in Allah because He has programmed us this way. As we grow up, depending on our place where we grow - our fitrah gets played about with and can alter depending on who we get to know and who our friends are etc. it also includes family.

Therefore a person who has alot of violence in their house as an innocent child will hate the abuse. [Now refer to the green and red paths] - you are the blue line. You have two options when you see that abuse, you can either learn from it and tell yourself that you should go somewhere to the ones who will have a better influence on you (going to the masjid and learning about islam), or instead you will get depressed and hang around with those who do other things to keep themselves busy (i.e. use intoxicating drugs etc.)

If you walk down the good path (green) - you may face obstacles on the way. However, if you are sincere in wanting to be a good muslim - then you will overcome them obstacles due to your sincerety and Allaah will guide you towards the good and make that path easy for you insha'Allah.

The same can be said about the bad path (red) - you may face obstacles on the way. However, if you are sincere in wanting to do evil [maybe to get popular, or so the evil people like you etc.] then you will overcome them obstacles anyway due to your sincerety of wanting to persist in that evil.

Now refer to the ladder again; when you are born - your on the level ground [on fitrah.] You enjoy doing good, and you hate doing evil. When you do good, you want to get rewarded and you want attention for the good that you do. The more good you do, the more you are loved and you still have that 'innocence' inside of you. The more good you do, if you are sincere in wanting to do it to please Allah, He will give you a sense of calmness/tranquility in the heart and a great reward in the afterlife insha'Allah.

However, if a person gets involved in sin and hangs around with bad people - their likely to follow the faith of their friend. So if their friend is inclined to do evil, the person will try to do the same so he/she can fit in with society, or their friends.
They may be at fitrah stage at first, but the more the person pushes themselves into the sin - they may feel scared at first, but as they keep sinning - that feeling of guilt dissapears. The more the person sins, the more they will fall into the darkness and turn away from the light. Because the person persists in this evil way, their heart goes hard and is covered in total darkness. The person gets emotionless and doesn't really care that much about anyone but him/herself. His heart is covered in black and this can only be removed with good deeds and repentance [sincere tawbah.] Because the fitrah has been altered, the heart desires evil and hates what is good.

The person who is void of guidance and has a hard heart actually enjoys the fact that they don't care about others. They feel that this world is cold so they think its a one man mission. The mistake they make is that they may feel their kool, but the more they sin - the deeper they are pushing themselves into the fire. They might not believe in hellfire, but this is what shaytaan is calling them to. And the person will only realise the evil they did at the moment when the soul will reach the throat [at the time of death.] but it will be too late to turn back that day.

Anyone who's experienced the life of darkness can easily tell you how hard it was to change themselves to good again. Why was this? It's because they had to climb back up the ladder again from darkness and only after they had reached their fitrah stage once again were they able to climb towards the light. This only occured because they were sincere to Allah, so Allah guided their hearts and brought them towards the light.

A good example of this is 'Umar bin Khattaab (may Allah Almighty be pleased with him) - when men would feel scared to bury their girls alive, 'Umar would be the one they would turn to. And he would bury them alive instead. He drank so much alcohol that if he hadn't given up - some scholars said that he may have died at a young age. He was of the most severest in torturing the muslims along with Abu Jahl, but look how Allaah guided him ('Umar) and how he was of the people who was promised jannah in this life. Why was this? Because of his sincerety and whole heartedly accepting islaam.

The sahabah loved islaam because they had seen the evil consequences of society without islaam, they needed a way of life so they could distinguish between right and wrong. Praise be to Allah, Allah revealed the Qur'an and what is one of the names of the Qur'an? It's called the Furqaan because it distinguishes between right and wrong.

Those who follow its guidance can only truely understand its blessing if they were to experience the life of evil and corruption.

This may be why you see alot of the muslim youth turning away from the book of Allah because they feel they have limits to what they can or cannot do and because they are not sincere, the irony is that the ones who have experienced the life of evil are the ones who want to turn to good because they know that without guidance - they are running around this world blindly without no directions, whereas those who have the guidance infront of them want to run away from the guidance and get lost in this dunya because of their desires and shaytaans whispers. [waswasa]

One can only truely understand the blessings of Allah if they are sincere. And the one who isn't sincere may not find his/her way to jannah (paradise.)

O you who have believed, enter into Islam completely [and perfectly] and do not follow the footsteps of Satan. Indeed, he is to you a clear enemy. [Qur'an 2:208]

Allaah Almighty knows best.

If i made any mistakes, may Allah azawajal forgive me and all the muslims. ameen.

Sum-Muslim-Gal
12-04-2006, 11:38 PM
salam

ameen to duah...

such beautiful example there brother...its great mashaAllah i dont know how else to put it..:)

i guess i was no where near that lolzz oh well i tried...

look forward to the rest of the explanations

jazakaAllah Khair

Wasalam

Sum-Muslim-Gal
12-05-2006, 11:50 PM
salam

mmhhhmm just wondering how long for the other explanation bro..:)
patient...ok i will be....:rolleyes:

wasalam

- Qatada -
12-06-2006, 04:55 PM

The heart gets a black mark on everytime the son/daughter of Adam sins. The more a person sins, the darker their heart becomes. If a muslim repents and does good deeds sincerely for Allaah's sake, then their black mark will get removed insha'Allaah and be replaced by a white mark. However, it is important to remember that part of the repentance process is to be regretful of the sin you have commited and desire not to do it again.

A person usually sins alot if they don't have a form of guidance or if they turn away from the truth. The more they sin, they turn away from the fitrah which Allaah has already programmed within them, so they like which is evil and hate what is good. This idea prevails in societies where guidance is put aside, materialism and desires are put first before anything else. We see this alot today in the west, and it is getting common in the muslim nations too.

When a person sins at the beginning:

1) They feel scared and regret what they did. They even have a feeling of fear, they think that someones watching over them so they have to do it secretly.

2) If the person continues the sin, they feel less scared, and if someone was to tell them off - they'll try their best to avoid that person. For example the persons parents might tell them not to do something, but the person still isn't 'brave' enough to say no so they just ignore them or they may just take their advice out of fear.

3) However, as the person continues in sin, they don't even care if someone tells them to stop doing it, in fact they hate it when people tell them off and they'll do it when others are watching (maybe to gain popularity from bad friends etc.) As the person continues deeper into the sin, they don't fear doing it in public and they actually feel proud of it.

They lose that sense of 'innocence' and you can see their personality change, this occurs alot if they have bad friends like its been mentioned earlier.

The person gradually loses the fear and only follows his/her desires in order to get things 'their way.' They don't care that much about others, and they will only get pleasure out of things which will benefit them in the short run (i.e. popularity, money, girls/guys or other temporary things.) They don't think too much about the future, they don't have enough time to think about that. So they put that on the back of their mind. They may even have a feeling of regret, but they can easily push that to the back of their mind.

They become emotionless because they don't have that sense of guilt that they may have had on step 1 or 2. They've overcome that and they feel that their self-sufficient, they don't need no-one.

As the person continues sinning, they'll go down the ladder into the darkness. The deeper down they go, the further away they turn away from the light. The further away they are from the light. The further they are from the light, the further they are from the true guidance. And the further away one is from the guidance, the further away they are from Allaah and His paradise, and the closer they are towards the hellfire.

May Allaah forgive us all for all our mistakes and wrongdoings, ameen.

- Qatada -
12-06-2006, 05:16 PM
There are two main types of respect in this world & both come as a trial from Allaah Almighty, but there conclusions are different:

The first type of respect is
People gain respect in the dunya (world) by doing the most evil of deeds, you can imagine this in the mafia - and how the 'godfather' is the one who has the most killings + more respect etc. But Allaah Almighty keeps raising this persons respect and power to see if this person will abuse that power, and the majority of the world feel that this is the only way.. but the worser the person - the deeper they may end up in hellfire.

The other type of respect is the good respect, and this is mainly given to the prophets and messengers of Allaah Almighty. It is given through their good deeds, and Allaah Almighty gives the person power and authority i.e. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), Abu Bakr, 'Umar, Uthman, Ali (may Allaah Almighty be pleased with them) etc. This respect that they gain from Allaah Almighty - they use it to enjoin more good and to gain more reward from Allaah azawajal.
This is the respect we should be striving for insha'Allaah, so we can gain more reward for the hereafter insha'Allaah (God willing.)

The majority of the world has fallen into the trap of the evil form of respect, but the more evil they do with that - the deeper they may end up in hellfire.

Whereas the other form of respect helps a muslim to gain more reward, by enjoining more good and using that respect to influence people to do more better to please Allaah Almighty. This is what we aim for insha'Allaahu ta'aala.

12-06-2006, 05:28 PM
Jazakallah khair

Sum-Muslim-Gal
12-06-2006, 06:32 PM
salam

MashaAllah well put together brother..May Allah[swt] reward you greatly..ameen

jazakAllah Khair..

Wasalam

jzcasejz
05-10-2007, 07:33 PM
First was lost and didn't know where to start from..=p...buh it's good bro mashaAllaah. Nice explanations...:thumbs_up:statisfie

---BUMP-*->

:w:

- Qatada -
05-10-2007, 07:36 PM

Jazaak Allaah khayr everyone.

I just remembered that this article is closely related to the original posts, with proof from Qur'an and Sunnah:

The Qur’ân Speaks of Happiness
|Sheikh `Abd Allah b. `Abd al-`Azîz al-Zâyidî|

The concept of happiness in Islam is expressed in the Qur’ân and Sunnah in a number of different ways. First, we find the Qur’ân discussing the “good life”. Allah says: “Whosoever does right, whether male or female, and is a believer, we shall make them live a good life, and We shall pay them a recompense in proportion to the best of what they used to do.” [Sûrah al-Nahl: 97]

This “good life” is happiness itself. It is realized through faith and good deeds. This does not mean that we will not face difficulties in our good life. Our worldly lives, even when they are bolstered by faith and good works, are never free from distress and vexations. This world is the abode of toil, as Allah says: “Certainly We have created man to be in toil.” [Sûrah al-Balad: 90]

This world is the abode of tests and trials. Allah says: “Verily We created Man from a drop of mingled sperm, in order to try him: so We gave him (the gifts) of hearing and sight.” [Sûrah al-Insân: 2]

Allah also says: “Every soul shall have a taste of death: and We test you by evil and by good by way of trial, and to Us is your return.” [Sûrah al-Anbiyâ’: 35]

The concept of happiness is also expressed in the Qur’ân as a negation of wretchedness and misguidance. It is also expressed through by contrasting it with the description, of a narrow, straightened life.

Allah says: “But he who turns away from remembrance of Me, his will be a narrow life, and I shall bring him blind to the assembly on the Day of Resurrection.” [Sûrah TâHâ: 124]

Wretchedness is the opposite of happiness. It is a state of being bereft of Allah’s remembrance. The way to distance oneself from wretchedness is to follow the path of guidance. This is what brings about happiness.

The Qur’ân also uses the concept of “the openness of the heart” to express happiness. Allah says: “Those whom Allah wills to guide, He opens their breast to Islam; those whom He wills to leave straying, He makes their breast close and constricted, as if they had to climb up to the skies: thus does Allah (heap) the penalty on those who refuse to believe.” [Sûrah al-An`âm: 125]

Another expression is the “contentment of the heart”. Allah says: “Those who believe, and whose hearts find contentment in the remembrance of Allah: for without doubt in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find contentment.” [Sûrah al-Ra`d: 28]

The contentment and openness of the heart are aspects of happiness which are achieved through keeping up the remembrance of Allah and through following the guidance of Islam. Total and perfect happiness is achieved through true devotion in worship to Allah, salvation from Hell, and admission to Paradise in the Hereafter.

Allah says: “On the day when it shall come, no soul shall speak except with His permission, then (some) of them shall be unhappy and (others) happy. Those who are wretched shall be in the Fire: There will be for them therein (nothing but) the heaving of sighs and sobs. Abiding therein so long as the heavens and the earth endure, except as your Lord please; surely your Lord is the mighty doer of what He intends. And as to those who are made happy, they shall be in the garden, abiding in it as long as the heavens and the earth endure, except as your Lord please; a gift which shall never be cut off.” [Sûrah Hûd: 105-108]

Believers can be tested with tribulations and illness, though when they are granted patience to endure and they seek their reward with their Lord, it is best for them. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “How amazing are the believer’s affairs; all his affairs are good for him. If good befalls him, he is grateful and that is good for him, and if he is afflicted by calamity he is patient and that is also good for him. This is only for the believer.” [Sahîh Muslim]

Ibn Mas`ûd said: “Allah has placed ease and happiness in certainty of faith and contentment. He has placed worry and misery in discontent and doubt.”

The contentment that Ibn Mas`ûd is referring to here is to be reconciled to Allah’s decree and with the portion that Allah has allotted to His servant. This is the way to attain peace of mind and happiness. By contrast, being discontented and resentful about one’s circumstances, unsatisfied with one’s portion that Allah has allotted, and having doubts about one’s faith, this is the way to anxiety, misery, and distress.

I ask Allah to make us all among those who attain happiness.

Source

shev
05-10-2007, 08:15 PM
slm,
when I saw the first picture I tought of the words 'human can be better than an angle and rich the best position but also human can be worse than an animal'

NobleMuslimUK
05-10-2007, 10:39 PM
:sl:
Allah SWT surely knows best, but He SWT gives us signs sometimes, after sincere repentance, that we might have been forgiven for our past, but look to the future. Does anyone get that inner feeling of being forgiven, as I believe when a person comes close to Allah SWT they have a mutual understanding, that maybe Allah SWT has forgiven a person.

Allah SWT knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.