/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Destroying Islamic Buildings?

chacha_jalebi
12-04-2006, 03:29 PM
salaam :D

bismillah ir rahman nir raheem :D

manz was searching random things on the internet and i came across this site http://www.savethehijaz.org/

now now is this true? like i know about jannah tul baqi and all that, but is saudi arabia really trying to destroy islamic heritage? or is this just one of them saudi bashing sites :p

:D:D jazakhallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
12-04-2006, 03:36 PM
:sl:
I find that a very odd move for Saudi to even think of. I hope the actions that have been claimed on that site (not by the site) are not carried out.

arabiyyah
12-04-2006, 10:09 PM
they crazy. they think they should destroy everything because people will use it for idolatry. there is a point where that is just psyco!

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-05-2006, 12:41 AM

I agree that what they are doing is wrong in destroying places such as Uhud. That would be destroying history, and Uhud stands as a testimony to the military genius of the Messenger :arabic5: and one can learn alot of how the battle itself took place when one goes there and looks at it.

But places like where the Prophet :arabic5: was born, I dont see the purpose of keeping that. People will start to go there and seek barakah from that place (which im positive is already occuring). Which reminds me of the fact that Umar r.a. cut down the tree under which the Prophet took the Bai'ah at Hudaybiyah even though that very tree was mentioned in the Quran. The reason he did so was that there were people then that were starting to take that tree, and that area as a place to seek Barakah. He cut it down even though a few other Sahabah were against it.

Overall, it is a noble effort (that website), and I think that a balanced approach is best.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
arabiyyah
12-05-2006, 02:34 AM
People will start to go there and seek barakah from that place
so you ruin it all for the rest of us?

will the saudi's destroy every tree, house, cat, and twig that they view as could be worshiped by someone?

Karimeldib
12-06-2006, 09:03 AM
No But Omar ibn al Khatab cut of a tree that the prophet used to hang his sword on because people were going there and seeking barakah from it, no one told him to leave it and not ruin it for the rest of us..
many of the things that they take down are so that they can make space for more expantions to the Holy masjids, and they have signs that tell you where each thing was...
So yes more people praying in the mosque and protection of Tawheed..

Dhulqarnaeen
12-06-2006, 09:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by arabiyyah
so you ruin it all for the rest of us?

will the saudi's destroy every tree, house, cat, and twig that they view as could be worshiped by someone?
I think theyre not taht stupid sis...and in doing this I am sure they have asked the ulema. And considering their advices insha Allah

north_malaysian
12-06-2006, 09:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dhulqarnaeen
I think theyre not taht stupid sis...and in doing this I am sure they have asked the ulema. And considering their advices insha Allah
How about using a tomb/mausoleum building as restaurants? If it's prohibited, I'll stop eating at Transfer Road.:rollseyes

Dhulqarnaeen
12-07-2006, 02:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
How about using a tomb/mausoleum building as restaurants? If it's prohibited, I'll stop eating at Transfer Road.:rollseyes
What is mausoleum akhi?

north_malaysian
12-07-2006, 03:30 AM
What is mausoleum akhi?
a big tomb.:rollseyes

Dhulqarnaeen
12-07-2006, 03:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
a big tomb.:rollseyes
What is a big thomb? :rollseyes Maksud awak ibu jari yang bengkak ker? :D

north_malaysian
12-07-2006, 03:54 AM
What is a big thomb? :rollseyes Maksud awak ibu jari yang bengkak ker? :D
Tomb = Makam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.