/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The tough choice I am {we are} facing. Solution???

Mateen
12-04-2006, 05:51 PM
Salam,

Be religious, dont see movies, dont watch girls{ or guys if u r girl}, no music.

Its so easy to tell guys but difficult to follow.

I hear music, watch movies and hang out with friends at cafe coffee days.
Guys its so difficult not to do these. How can we live as if these things do not exist?

In a world in the 21st century just going plainly through the day makes me feel I am living in old times when these things did not exist.

Cannot the guidelines in Islam be a little widened with times.

Its getting so difficult. Temptations to see movie, operas, and so much more.

The only thing I cannot live without is Music and 2 favourite serials of mine, friends and Seinfeld on Star World everyday.

Its so difficult.

I already feel my life is colorless and if I stop these things I will be so depressed.

I do pray 5 times a day{ 4 times in mosque and fajr at home qada}

This is the problem not only me, but I guess 99% of people face.

How do u all tackle these issues???

Pray Allah saves me from hellfire.

Wassalam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
12-04-2006, 06:04 PM
:salamext:

bro have you become so dependant on these forms of entertainment that you go so far as to say "i cant live without".. bro think about what you just said.

Bro its your mind, simple as that. You see there are people out there that say,

"oh i cant live without cigarretes"
"oh i cant live without my gal"
"man i need that weed"

theres even compulsive fornicators/adulterers/liars/thieves sooo much Audhubillah !

The main thing here is :

for what purpose did Allah swt put you on earth?

To worship him, and you know his forbidden the likes of music and the filth we find on TV so much these days so seriously this ayyat should be enough:

To Allah do belong the unseen (secrets) of the heavens and the earth, and to Him goeth back every affair (for decision): then worship Him, and put thy trust in Him: and thy Lord is not unmindful of aught that ye do. - Surah Hud Verse 123

Bro we all belong to Allah, and he see's everything we do and we're only on this dunya to worship him.

Bro take the first step and give up one thing (no i didnt say reduce, how can you reduce? shaytaan will take advantage, you try listening to a bit of music but he will grab you, stay away ! get into another habit, do something !)

Forgive me for any offence, and im sry if i couldnt help

Allahu 'aalam

InToTheRain
12-04-2006, 06:32 PM
:sl:

Ah you have said Akhi that many of us face the same problem and therefore I understand what you are saying. It sounds like you have come to the understandings and teachings in Islam recently? correct me if I am wrong and therefore you should eliminate these undesired affects one by one.

Remember Akhi that The Qur'an was revealed by Allah Azza Wa Jal over the course of 20 years, and not all of it was given altogether. What the early revelations concentrated on are the Oness of Allah(SWT), his rewards for doing that which is right and punishments for doing that which is wrong. I suggest you read more about Hell fire and Jannah Insha'Allah. Allah(SWT) did not send the commands for what is Halal or Haraam straight away, it was done at a much later time. For example when the revelation came for making Alcahol Haraam to Mohammad(SAW) in Madina, he said it to a group of Sahabas near him, who went around Madina telling the other Muslims. Some were pouring the drink inside a cup from a jug for others and they threw the jug away; Some were holding a cup filled with Alcahol and they threw the cup away, some still had it in there mouth and they spat it out and those who had drunk it started inducing vomit to get it out of their system!

Entertaining it maybe but we know those shows and musics are inspired by Shayateen. we watch woman without Hijab on those shows, and we stare at them ,would you do this to woman outside, more importantly does Islam permit this? even the Music, they do nothing but help us escape from reality, shaytaans way of making us relax our guard while he rapes us and ultimately laughs while we burn in hell with him.

It is wrong to think about compromising Islam to meet our needs, therefore at least we should hate that which you do knowing it is wrong and intend to stop it Insha'Allah... one step at a time Insh'Allah.

May Allah(SWT) make us as those who were before who had the right to say "We hear (Allah(SWT)) and we Obey"

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.