/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Meet the Parents

AnonymousPoster
12-04-2006, 09:38 PM
:sl:

I wanted to know, how should you introduce a possiable suitor to the family?

Im a sister and there's a brother whom im interested in (and vice versa). How do i introduce him to my dad? The brother is of a different race and ethnic background to me and my family, so im a bit nervous as to how my parents (more specifically my dad) will react.

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
12-04-2006, 09:41 PM
:salamext:

get the middle person who got you this proposal to help you inshaAllah ta'ala.

Pk_#2
12-04-2006, 09:41 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

oh no :|

my dads the cool one...lol mums quite scary,

i would get my brother to intro him to the family, and then hope my family would want to meet his family after that,

But i don't have a older bro :oS, two year olds are no good :p

If your mums cool with it, inshaAllah break it to her first, then maybe she can tell your dad,

All the best, i hope it works out for you inshaAllah!

Yasmine018
12-05-2006, 08:11 AM

lure ur mum and butter her so that she can talk to ur dad! If ze boy is good, coming from good family n has a good background then have hope in Allah everything will go on well. Ameen! :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
bint_muhammed
12-05-2006, 07:10 PM
get his parents to ask for your hand in marriage

Umar001
12-05-2006, 07:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ya_Giney
get his parents to ask for your hand in marriage
What if his parents are not Muslims

Skillganon
12-05-2006, 07:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
What if his parents are not Muslims
Is she interested in you? :rollseyes

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-05-2006, 07:31 PM
LOL ^ wot haha :p

ummmm.... sis get sum1 u trust 2 juz hav a lil chat wid ur mum (as ur dad iz da umm reactive 1 ^o)) and let ur mum chat 2 ur dad.. am sure u aint got nutin 2 wory abt if da guyz good :D hpe it goes well :D

Umar001
12-05-2006, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Is she interested in you? :rollseyes
Well nope, but the situation sounds similar to something I know of.

anonymous
12-05-2006, 08:40 PM

Thanks for your replys so far. Inshallah your advice is noted.

Brother Eesa, you made me smile brother :) mashallah

Why? Because your insticts were right indeed! His family are not muslim. He's a revert alhamdualiah.

I guess im a bit petrified because no-one in my family has ever really married out. Well actually there was one cousin of mine but she ran off with some kaffir man and now she's divorced.

Anyways i really like this brother (and i know he feels the same) so im prepared for what may lie ahead.

I guess it'd be better to apporach my mum first. She's more open.

Thanks for all your replys guys. Make du'a that everything goes ok inshallah.

Karimeldib
12-05-2006, 08:48 PM
sister if ur family are a religious family u can tell ur father the hadith that says if a man who is of good faith comes (to your daughter for marraige) then marry him (to your daughter)...then talk alot about all the good qualities that he has...then if he is a good person inshalla when ur parents meet him they will like him too!

Umar001
12-05-2006, 10:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

Thanks for your replys so far. Inshallah your advice is noted.

Brother Eesa, you made me smile brother :) mashallah

Why? Because your insticts were right indeed! His family are not muslim. He's a revert alhamdualiah.

I guess im a bit petrified because no-one in my family has ever really married out. Well actually there was one cousin of mine but she ran off with some kaffir man and now she's divorced.

Anyways i really like this brother (and i know he feels the same) so im prepared for what may lie ahead.

I guess it'd be better to apporach my mum first. She's more open.

Thanks for all your replys guys. Make du'a that everything goes ok inshallah.
Wa Aleykum Salam,

At least I made you smile hey lol, well tell the brother to ask your father.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-05-2006, 10:54 PM
:salamext:

i know of a situation in which a sister was so desperate to marry a revert brother that she left her mother in tears begging her to come back home.
Where islam says dont even let your mother say "uff" out of annoyance ukhtee please think twice before doing anything to hurt your parents. Dont even allow a frown to fall on their faces because of your desire. may Allah grant you jannah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.