/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Suspect in Ps3 Robery shot! *Click here*

Hisbul_Aziz
12-04-2006, 11:47 PM
WILMINGTON, N.C. - A young man accused of robbing a fellow college student of two new Playstation 3 video game consoles was shot and killed — possibly while holding a game controller, his roommate said — by officers sent to arrest him.
ADVERTISEMENT

Peyton Strickland, 18, was killed Friday at a house he shared with three roommates, Sheriff Sid Causey said.

"If this boy would've come to the door, opened the door, we probably wouldn't be talking," the sheriff said Sunday.

Roommate Mike Rhoton said Strickland was unarmed when he got up from playing a Tiger Woods golf game but may have been holding a controller when he went to the door as officers bashed it in. Strickland's dog, a German shepherd, also was shot to death.

The sheriff said Strickland was shot by members of a specially trained team who went to help university officers serve arrest warrants. Causey said officers considered the arrest a high-risk situation.

"Anytime that someone beats a person severely and commits an armed robbery, I certainly would consider him a risk and a danger," Causey said.

Authorities promised Monday to fully investigate the shooting. "No one is above the law and no one is beneath its protection," District Attorney Ben David said. He declined to discuss details of the case.

The State Bureau of Investigation is examining the case and three deputies on the team were placed on paid leave, normal practice whenever officers fire their weapons, Causey said.

Arrest warrants alleged that Strickland, a student at Cape Fear Community College, and a University of North Carolina-Wilmington student stole two PlayStation units from another UNC-Wilmington student Nov. 17, the day the consoles were introduced.

The sheriff said the robbery victim waited three days in line to buy the units for $641 each at a Wal-Mart. He was unloading them at his campus apartment when one man beat him to the ground while another took the consoles, Causey said.

The second man named in the warrants was arrested at another address and released on bail Saturday, authorities said.

The nationwide introduction of the Sony game system was marked by rowdy crowds and store stampedes. One buyer waiting in line at a Connecticut store was shot by robbers.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061204/...ystation_theft

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
arabiyyah
12-05-2006, 02:32 AM
crazy people. over a game

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-05-2006, 02:40 AM
Lol, yea people r so desperate over a game.
"Black Friday" its called. My bro works at one of the places.
Obviously for discount on games n such lol.

Muezzin
12-05-2006, 10:43 AM
I read about some PS3 violence last week. Crazy stuff.

Also, you need to post the link.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
12-05-2006, 11:53 AM
weird (is dat how you spell it?)

AsalamuAlaykum!

IzakHalevas
12-05-2006, 08:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
Lol, yea people r so desperate over a game.
"Black Friday" its called. My bro works at one of the places.
Obviously for discount on games n such lol.
It is a little bordering on obsession that is unhealthy. Okay, maybe more than a little.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-05-2006, 08:51 PM
datz juz sooo bad :? seriousssss get over it :S

arabiyyah
12-05-2006, 08:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
datz juz sooo bad :? seriousssss get over it :S
lol, i know right. :heated:

afriend
12-05-2006, 09:23 PM
So the expression 'I'd kill for a PS3' got taken serious by some ppl :p...

But err....I'm happy I lost interest for these things. Alhamdulillah. It's just me and my computer....HEY STOP LOOKING AT MY COMP :wub:..Sorry, forgive me Mods, members etc.

Hisbul_Aziz
12-05-2006, 10:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I read about some PS3 violence last week. Crazy stuff.

Also, you need to post the link.
Thanks for reminding me :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-05-2006, 10:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IzakHalevas
It is a little bordering on obsession that is unhealthy. Okay, maybe more than a little.
Tell me about it:giggling:
But hes not completely obsessed. They dont buy games like everyday.

It's barely lol

IbnAbdulHakim
12-05-2006, 10:52 PM
to think that the man getting shot for a ps3 was written, subhanAllah because everyone best believe that the death time and appointment was written.

Hikmah of Allah swt !

Cheb
12-05-2006, 11:13 PM
Actually he got shot because the cops thought he was carrying a gun rather than a controller in his hand.

Keltoi
12-06-2006, 02:31 AM
One of the reasons people were and are so obsessed with getting their PS3 is because they can turn around and sell it on ebay for twice or triple what they paid for it.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-06-2006, 09:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
One of the reasons people were and are so obsessed with getting their PS3 is because they can turn around and sell it on ebay for twice or triple what they paid for it.
indeed, if someones still offering me £250 for my ps2 i wonder what a ps3 will be worth !

SATalha
12-08-2006, 03:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cheb
Actually he got shot because the cops thought he was carrying a gun rather than a controller in his hand.
Well they need glasses. I think a Compulsory eye check should be introduced in the states.

soulsociety
12-08-2006, 03:14 PM
:sl:

Computers are not worth investing in. At some point they will be emulated, so the hardware loses value.

limitless
12-09-2006, 02:33 AM

LOL, wow. Thats' nothing. In Canada, the wal-mart store was closed on the playstation 3 launch date. Two guys literally beat each other up to get the last unit of Playstation 3. Also, in L.A, Cali; a student is suffering from a broken elbow and knee, there was a run to the wal-mart to get the playstation 3, and he got hit by a pole and people just ran over him.

:w:

Muezzin
12-09-2006, 02:22 PM
Our transatlantic friends seem to want a PS3 quite badly. It's the new Buzz Lightyear.

Hisbul_Aziz
12-09-2006, 02:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by limitless

LOL, wow. Thats' nothing. In Canada, the wal-mart store was closed on the playstation 3 launch date. Two guys literally beat each other up to get the last unit of Playstation 3. Also, in L.A, Cali; a student is suffering from a broken elbow and knee, there was a run to the wal-mart to get the playstation 3, and he got hit by a pole and people just ran over him.

:w:
couldnt e ave just ordered 1

Muezzin
12-09-2006, 02:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khalid_Shariff
couldnt e ave just ordered 1
That would require intelligence. Why pre-order something when you can cause some havoc in a shop and get shot? :p

Hisbul_Aziz
12-09-2006, 02:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
That would require intelligence. Why pre-order something when you can cause some havoc in a shop and get shot? :p
Tats a difficult decission not get sHot ,and enjoy tHe game or get sHot sew and tHen enjoy it :uuh: ;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.