/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Desire: a NEED or a WANT

Rabiyal
12-05-2006, 07:40 AM
Have you ever desired for something and you got it????

What is your one desire in Life??? and is that Desire your Need?? or Is it what you Want????????

;D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
12-05-2006, 07:57 AM
do u do economics by ne chance? lol 'needs vs wants' is economics talk :p

yeh ive desired a few things n got them alhamdulilah.... i guess the peak desire is to attain jannatul firdaws without having to go thru punishment in akhirah! as far as dunya is concerned, another need, but :lol: i guess wats it 2u :p

lol jk!

:w:

Yasmine018
12-05-2006, 08:14 AM
;D ;D lol i think it's social studies which i used to do 4 years ago :p

Rabiyal
12-05-2006, 08:29 AM
which ever course you think it..... doesn't matter.
the reason for this isn't to know your personal or worldly passions but to see if there is much of a difference in your need or want.

Some people think their want is their need??? is it true in your case???

Brother lolwatever, May Allah grant that^^ desire of yours as well, as HE is the most merciful and forgiving.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Maimunah
12-05-2006, 09:25 AM
my only desire is to go to Janah
nothin special in this world

wasalaam

Helena
12-05-2006, 10:10 AM
my desire would be to get rid of my mums debts...inshAllah

be with my family(mum,bro,baba) forever

go to hajj or umrah during ramadan time and or easter time to kiss the black stone inshAllah......that would every year inshAllah

and and...visit egypt..but its very hard to choose between saudi arabia and egypt man......

and my special dua/desire is to die in madinah/makkah inshAllah......

and hope we all enter jannah inshAllah....

something else...erm create/make something for the orphans and needy...e.g a madrasha or school in backhome....

Pk_#2
12-05-2006, 10:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ruwaydah
my only desire is to go to Janah
nothin special in this world

wasalaam
:wub: aww das so cute sis!

same inshaAllah see ya der ;) heh

Woodrow
12-05-2006, 12:03 PM
Both needs and wants can be desires. A want will always be a desire. A need is something we can not exist without even if we don't desire it.

Love of Allah(swt) is a need. Too many people do not desire it. Until they desire it they have no chance for true existance.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-05-2006, 12:11 PM
the greatest struggle is a self-denying act of virtue and good.

Therefore if the desire objects with what is good then best to suppress it however the essential needs i dont think will ever object to what is good.

Rabiyal
12-05-2006, 03:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Both needs and wants can be desires. A want will always be a desire. A need is something we can not exist without even if we don't desire it.

Love of Allah(swt) is a need. Too many people do not desire it. Until they desire it they have no chance for true existance.

Brother I know both need and want can be desire, but want isn't always a desire,
ex. I want a digital camera that would do it's purpose, but it's not my need, my DESIRE would be to have the one top of the line. Camera of all Cameras.

This is what I am talking about.
As for Love of Allah(swt) is only a need for those who believe in Him. And HIS Believers don't have to Desire it, cuz Allah always Loves His believers since HE is the most merciful and forgiving!!!

what do you think??!?!?

Rabiyal
12-05-2006, 03:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim

Therefore if the desire objects with what is good then best to suppress it however the essential needs i dont think will ever object to what is good.
Brother explain??? to my understanding you are saying that you desires can't be good for you??!? why?

IbnAbdulHakim
12-05-2006, 04:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabiyal
Brother explain??? to my understanding you are saying that you desires can't be good for you??!? why?
:salamext:

sorry for not being more clear i'll try to explain inshaAllah.

^^ That basically means that you want to do good, even though you dont have to, even though you could have had pleasure in some other way and it wouldnt have been wrong at all but you simply wanted to please Allah therefore deprived yourself of that pleasure just to go and do a good deed.

Therefore if the desire objects with what is good then best to suppress it

^^ Thats saying that if something you desire isnt going to have a good outcome but will make someone sad or lose out then its best to avoid it. For example you might desire someone elses portion of food or you might desire a girl knowing that its not halal and will cause her problems etc etc.

however the essential needs i dont think will ever object to what is good.
^^ Eating in moderation/sleeping/shelter etc etc, these are needed therefore its only oppression if your deprived of it and suppressing it is never a good idea.

Sorry if its still not clear, i tried my best inshaAllah.

^..sTr!vEr..^
12-05-2006, 04:36 PM
errrmmm...well i do desire 1 thg....buuttt itss a beeeeg beeeg secret.. :p
i wont reveal :D ...nnn IT IS a need! ...n inshAllah in a sense a way towards Jannah n a lil bit easy one too...lol..dunno :)
~Z~

IbnAbdulHakim
12-05-2006, 04:41 PM

and i reckon one of the greatest self denying acts of good is to refrain from allowin any hardship to befall your parents even though you may wish to marry a certain someone but knowing that your parents might get hurt you abandon the thought.

Just for the pleasure of Allah swt, for his love, to see him in jannatul firdaus.

May Allah make us of such people !

Rabiyal
12-05-2006, 04:55 PM
:w:
Brother Ibnabdulhakim,
this explains plenty and I understood that before too, but I am wondering what is your desire that's only for you, and doesn't effect others in your life??? :)

IbnAbdulHakim
12-05-2006, 04:58 PM

a desire only for me that doesnt effect anyone else... subhanAllah can you give me a few examples sis? im not very intelligent and i cant think of any such desires... lol... all desires seem to somehow have an affect on another person... whether u intend it or not sooner or later..

Rabiyal
12-05-2006, 05:00 PM

and i reckon one of the greatest self denying acts of good is to refrain from allowin any hardship to befall your parents even though you may wish to marry a certain someone but knowing that your parents might get hurt you abandon the thought.

Just for the pleasure of Allah swt, for his love, to see him in jannatul firdaus.

May Allah make us of such people !
As a son you are doing a great deed. For the peace of your parents, and Allah inshAllah will reward you in this world and after life.

Rabiyal
12-05-2006, 05:14 PM

a desire only for me that doesnt effect anyone else... subhanAllah can you give me a few examples sis? im not very intelligent and i cant think of any such desires... lol... all desires seem to somehow have an affect on another person... whether u intend it or not sooner or later..
I gave an example earlier about the camera...One other might be desiring to stand side by side with the Prophet (p.b.u.h) on the day of judgement, that's a selfless desire??? agree or no???

IbnAbdulHakim
12-05-2006, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabiyal
As a son you are doing a great deed. For the peace of your parents, and Allah inshAllah will reward you in this world and after life.
lol i wasnt talking about myself subhanAllah

also the selfless deed, i thought about it and thought that a camera would require money which i can spend on other people, lol you see its a desire not a need therefore that money could be used to end the hunger of some orphans or be given to some needy people. But subhanAllah these are all desires and we're saying are we strong enough to give this up but subhanAllah the sahabi actually gave up their needs...

i heard that Ali RA didnt eat for a long time and then gave up a piece of bread which he was about to eat because he saw a miskeen (poor person) then later on he found another food and was about to eat it but then he noticed a little orphan boy and gave him the food instead, subhanAllah... then again he was about to eat but he noticed a prisoner of war and gave him the food.

subhanAllah, a necessity given up to such a degree and for this the ayyat was revealed:

And they feed, for the love of Allah, the indigent, the orphan, and the captive,-
-Surah Al-Insan Verse 8

Rabiyal
12-06-2006, 04:23 AM
lol i wasnt talking about myself subhanAllah

also the selfless deed, i thought about it and thought that a camera would require money which i can spend on other people, lol you see its a desire not a need therefore that money could be used to end the hunger of some orphans or be given to some needy people. But subhanAllah these are all desires and we're saying are we strong enough to give this up but subhanAllah the sahabi actually gave up their needs...

i heard that Ali RA didnt eat for a long time and then gave up a piece of bread which he was about to eat because he saw a miskeen (poor person) then later on he found another food and was about to eat it but then he noticed a little orphan boy and gave him the food instead, subhanAllah... then again he was about to eat but he noticed a prisoner of war and gave him the food.

subhanAllah, a necessity given up to such a degree and for this the ayyat was revealed:

And they feed, for the love of Allah, the indigent, the orphan, and the captive,-
-Surah Al-Insan Verse 8
if you weren't talking about yourself then why would call yourself BURA BETA? neways....
I agree with you ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
May Allah give us all Khula (Big) heart so we can help out our brothers and sisters in need....

IbnAbdulHakim
12-06-2006, 09:50 AM

Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.