/* */

PDA

View Full Version : i'm new

sojourner
12-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Hi, i'm a newbie here.
I'm a baptist minister in the Southern US wanting to learn more about Islam without hearing an anti-Islamic bias. I have a translation of the Qur'an that i'm slowly but surely reading and finding truth in it. I am beginning to understand and accept the teachings of Islam, but due to my occupation and my job, it is a little difficult accepting it all at the moment. Should i get past these hurdles, i can see myself accepting Islam.
I hope to get to know many of you well, and if you have been in my situation, i would LOVE to hear from you!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*love4isl@m*
12-05-2006, 10:00 PM
Hey,

Welcome! Hope u enjoy ur stay here & benefit from us & wish u keep active!

Take Care!
*Bye*

Woodrow
12-05-2006, 10:02 PM
Welcome to the forum.We are always peleased to see new faces and people that are willing to learn the truth about understanding. Please remember, we are strong believers in free will and there is no compusion in religion. No person has the right to force another to worship as he does.

You will find members of many faiths here. We do not always agree, but we do our best to disagree with respect.

2:256. Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things. S P C

Yusuf Ali's Quran Translation

Umar001
12-05-2006, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sojourner
Hi, i'm a newbie here.
I'm a baptist minister in the Southern US wanting to learn more about Islam without hearing an anti-Islamic bias. I have a translation of the Qur'an that i'm slowly but surely reading and finding truth in it. I am beginning to understand and accept the teachings of Islam, but due to my occupation and my job, it is a little difficult accepting it all at the moment. Should i get past these hurdles, i can see myself accepting Islam.
I hope to get to know many of you well, and if you have been in my situation, i would LOVE to hear from you!
Good Mornin' Evenin' Afternoon'

I am very glad you have chosen to come and hear about Islam from Muslims, a mistake that many people fall into is listening to the anti something whilst not listenin to the pro something at the same time, whether it be Christiantiy, Islam, Judaism and so forth.

I hope that you have a benificial stay and enjoy your time aswell as have serious study moments :)

Discover Islam section is probably the most useful for you where you can pop in and ask about things.

Anyhow, take care and see ya around, insha'Allah (God willing)

Eesa.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
12-05-2006, 10:04 PM
Welcome to LI, sojourner.

May you find peace here. :)

sojourner
12-05-2006, 10:07 PM
wow, you all have been very gracious and welcoming...thank you!

Umm Yoosuf
12-05-2006, 10:09 PM
Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

For more info on Islam visite our

Discover Islam
Comparative Religion
Basics of Islam

Skillganon
12-05-2006, 10:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sojourner
Hi, i'm a newbie here.
Woah a baptist Minister. Welcome to the forum and we hope to be a benefit to you.

Inshallah (God willing) we Hope to hear from you soon.

Woodrow
12-05-2006, 10:15 PM
I noticed you have a translation of the Qur'an. Please be aware that Arabic is virtualy impossible to translate into English, so all translations do contain error. To get a better view of what is said it is best to use at least two different translations. By comparing various translation you will get closer to what the Arabic actually means. Also feel free to ask any questions. There are some members who are very fluent in both Arabic and English.

sojourner
12-05-2006, 11:09 PM
Thanks for that bit of advice on the translations, i'll look into that!

Pk_#2
12-06-2006, 12:14 AM
Hello bro,

welcome to the forum!! :D

Your a baptist cool, ima meet a vicar 2mara,

Ever met the vicar of 'The church of England' he a sweety! He's prayed in a mosque b4 LOL,

Have fun and learn inshaAllah (God willing)

Peace and May God guide you :)

Tc man, get posting!

rubiesand
12-06-2006, 12:29 AM
Hi Sojourner,

It's nice to have you with us! I think you have chosen a beautiful username. Indeed we are all sojourners in this world for a brief time. It reminds me of when the Prophet (peace be upon him) said,

"My connection with the world is like that of a traveler resting for a while underneath the shade of a tree and then moving on."

Pk_#2
12-06-2006, 12:30 AM
:wub:

awww :)

I just realised, he from the US, :D

Aisha20
12-06-2006, 12:59 AM
hi!!

:welcome:

have fun n enjoy ur stay

Hisbul_Aziz
12-06-2006, 01:13 AM
hAVE A NICE STAY Bub

syilla
12-06-2006, 02:28 AM
That is so nice of you to come and learn more about islam.

welcome...and have a beneficial stay.

do take care.

Younus
12-06-2006, 05:21 AM
:welcome: to LI forum.

Keep in touch here and stay active, as you will have a joyful and a beneficial stay here, and you will learn more about Islam, inshaaAllah (God-willing) :)

Yasmine018
12-06-2006, 06:57 AM
:welcome:

LI forum members give you a warm n plaseant stay here
enjoy it n start ur postings :thankyou:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!