Umar001
12-06-2006, 02:24 PM
I have currently added to my library of Ahadeeth literature a book named:

Studies In
Early
Hadith
Literature

By M.M.Azami

I was wondering if anyone has any comments on the author or the book.

Also, other books that a person should read, in the talks provided about hadeeth by either Ahmed or Fi_sabililah theres a extensive set of information and in the first part the speaker lists books, has someone taken that list down?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-06-2006, 02:39 PM
:sl:

^ I still havent listened to that completly. But here's a good e-book:

http://www.islamhouse.com/en/islamle...s/mustalah.pdf

Mustalah Hadith. Your supposed to use it I think when listening to those lectures.

:w:

Umar001
12-06-2006, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed.

^ I still havent listened to that completly. But here's a good e-book:

http://www.islamhouse.com/en/islamle...s/mustalah.pdf

Mustalah Hadith. Your supposed to use it I think when listening to those lectures.

Did you get that from one of the links from Ansar? I liked that link but I hate reading books online, eyes end up hurting, I want to get the proper book, study in a library, Albani style.

amirah_87
12-06-2006, 05:36 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

I don't have any comments on the author or the book.

but Take a look to see if you can find these:

-Bayquuniyah: it's written in a poem form and then has an explanation by Shielh Ali Al-Halaby.

-Al-Baa'ith al-Hatheeth:
which is the explanation of "Ikhtisaar Uluum al-hadeeth. by Ibnu Katheer
That is an excellent Kitaab.

I could name you a few more , but I'm not sure whether they're found in english. :-\

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umar001
12-06-2006, 07:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
As Salaamu Alaykum,

I don't have any comments on the author or the book.

but Take a look to see if you can find these:

-Bayquuniyah: it's written in a poem form and then has an explanation by Shielh Ali Al-Halaby.

-Al-Baa'ith al-Hatheeth:
which is the explanation of "Ikhtisaar Uluum al-hadeeth. by Ibnu Katheer
That is an excellent Kitaab.

I could name you a few more , but I'm not sure whether they're found in english. :-\

Name all of them sister, please.

Ansar Al-'Adl
12-06-2006, 07:28 PM
:sl: Br Eesa,
Anything by M. M. Azami is good.
Did you take a look at the list of books I compiled here:
http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...resources.html

Umar001
12-06-2006, 07:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
:sl: Br Eesa,
Anything by M. M. Azami is good.
Did you take a look at the list of books I compiled here:
http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...resources.html
Assalamu Aleykum,

Yes, I have found it very useful. I wasn't sure before I was going to ask but then I looked at it and it seemed very nice so I bought it anyway.

I have looked at those books, I have out of those read Dr. Suhaib Hasan's little book, only because it was online and because I could buy it near where I live.

Alot of those books I cant buy round here unless I go for a longer journey to a further shop. Which I will do, but I wanted to have enough money to buy alot of books, saves me going back and forth lol.

I have two questions for you Ansar,

1. Do you know any books which specifically deal with extensive critisism on fabrication of hadeeth and such matters. Typical questions like "How do we know someone didn't use someone else's name" or "Proofs for early Isnaad" and those sort of things.

2. I see in your list, Bilal Philip's book, Fundamentals of Tawheed, a Book that I like loads, but from my understanding in some earlier editions there are mistakes, according to Bilal Philips, ain't it best to state that?

Thanks bro.

Eesa.

amirah_87
12-06-2006, 07:52 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Okay , there's also:

Nuzhatun Nadhr, By Ibnu Hajr

-An-Nukat by Al-Haafidh Ibn Hajr.

-Nukhbatul Fikr.

-Also Qasb as-sukar.

-Alifiyat Al-Iraaqiy fee uluumal hadeeth.

-'Uluumal Hadeeth, by Ibnu Salaah.

-Muqaddimat Ibnu Salaah.

All in arabic, check this site here InshaAllah for more:

http://www.almeshkat.net/books/list.php?cat=9

Very beneficial MashaAllah!

Other kutub are there too which bahath/research are done from them. such as the Taqreeb at-tahdheeb.

hope that helps InshaAllah, Ilmul Mustalah is beautiful. :)

Umar001
12-06-2006, 09:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Okay , there's also:

Nuzhatun Nadhr, By Ibnu Hajr

-An-Nukat by Al-Haafidh Ibn Hajr.

-Nukhbatul Fikr.

-Also Qasb as-sukar.

-Alifiyat Al-Iraaqiy fee uluumal hadeeth.

-'Uluumal Hadeeth, by Ibnu Salaah.

-Muqaddimat Ibnu Salaah.

All in arabic, check this site here InshaAllah for more:

http://www.almeshkat.net/books/list.php?cat=9

Very beneficial MashaAllah!

Other kutub are there too which bahath/research are done from them. such as the Taqreed at-tahdheed.

hope that helps InshaAllah, Ilmul Mustalah is beautiful. :)

Now all there's left for me to do is learn to read and speak arabic fluently.

:happy: :happy:

Pk_#2
12-06-2006, 09:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi

AsalamuAlaykum,

InshaAllah you will bro :)

sorry what is 'Isnad' ?

If possible reply, jazakhala!

chacha_jalebi
12-06-2006, 09:46 PM
jazakhallah for the lists :D:D:D

ibn hajr is hevy :D:D:D

1 book which is good was by imam as suyuti :D called al layli ul musnuaah fil ahadith il muadhuu :D

Umar001
12-06-2006, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
AsalamuAlaykum,

InshaAllah you will bro :)

sorry what is 'Isnad' ?

If possible reply, jazakhala!

Wa aleykum salam,

Insha'Allah.

A hadeeth is in two parts, you have the Matn and the Isnad, those two together equal a hadeeth, the Matn is the text i.e. "Islam is built on 5 things..." and Isnad is the chain of narrators i.e. 'On the authority of so and so....from Ibn Umar who said The Prophet...' So thats the people who are involved in relaying the hadeeth.

I hope the above is right :p

Al-Isnaad
(a) Attributing or ascribing the Hadeeth to the one who said it – by way of a chain or
narrators
(b) The actual chain of narrators which extends back to the text; and this meaning is the
same as Sanad.
As-Sanad
(1) Linguistically: The Support/Prop (upon which something rests)
(2) Technically: The actual chain of narrators which extends back to the text.
That is from the Link that Ahmed Posted.

chacha_jalebi
12-06-2006, 09:48 PM
Assalamu Aleykum,
1. Do you know any books which specifically deal with extensive critisism on fabrication of hadeeth and such matters. Typical questions like "How do we know someone didn't use someone else's name" or "Proofs for early Isnaad" and those sort of things.

salaam bro

i rememba this book called "fake pearls" and it had like hadiths which wer accepted by scholars as fabricated or fake, and it shows evidences why :D:D:D:D

chacha_jalebi
12-06-2006, 09:50 PM
yaa isnaad is chain of narrators, like so and so heard from . .. .. and it was reported by or on the authority of :D

Umar001
12-06-2006, 09:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
salaam bro

i rememba this book called "fake pearls" and it had like hadiths which wer accepted by scholars as fabricated or fake, and it shows evidences why :D:D:D:D
I was looking for more of a book dealing with refuting claims that people can easily concut an isnaad and get away with it.

But it sounds like a good book, I'll look into it.

amirah_87
12-06-2006, 10:55 PM

InshaAllah Akhee, May Allah make it easier and quicker for you!

Umm Safiya
12-07-2006, 10:16 AM
:salamext:

Just wanted to share this:

Weak Ahadîth in Adab al-Mufrad

Weak Ahadîth in Fiqhus-Sunnah

Weak Ahadîth in Riyadh-us-Sâlihîn

:)

amirah_87
12-07-2006, 10:37 AM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

here's an article that's very benficial that you might like to read.

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...roduction.html

warning: extremly long

Umar001
12-07-2006, 11:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Something
Sister, how long will that stay up there?

And does the Weak Hadeeth In Riyadh us Salihin have the reasons why they are weak or does it give jus a list?

Umm Safiya
12-07-2006, 05:22 PM
Sister, how long will that stay up there?

And does the Weak Hadeeth In Riyadh us Salihin have the reasons why they are weak or does it give jus a list?

They are available for 7 days.. But if you can't download them now, I can upload them later insha Allâh.. As long as it is in the month of December.. Don't have internet in jan.. So..

And it is just a list with the numbers of the ahadîth..

*EDIT* By the way, I have other PDF files regarding ahadîth.. Just tell me if your interested then I'll upload them insha Allâh..

40 ahadîth on the Islâmic Personality - Shaykh 'Alî Hasan 'Alî 'Abdul Hamîd
40 ahadîth Qudsi - prolly already got that one :)
Adab al-Mufrad - Bukhârî
An Introduction to the Science of Hadîth - Suhaib Hassan
The Compilation of Hadîth - Shaykh 'Abdul Ghaffâr Hassan Rahmânî
Hadîth Proof it Self - Shaykh al-Albânî
Notes on the Science of Hadîth - Dr. Mahmood at-Tahhân
Riyâdh-us-Sâlihîn - an-Nawâwî
Rules Governing the Criticism of Hadîth

I also think they are available at streetdawah.com but I am not sure.. :?

Umar001
12-07-2006, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Something

They are available for 7 days.. But if you can't download them now, I can upload them later insha Allâh.. As long as it is in the month of December.. Don't have internet in jan.. So..

And it is just a list with the numbers of the ahadîth..

*EDIT* By the way, I have other PDF files regarding ahadîth.. Just tell me if your interested then I'll upload them insha Allâh..

40 ahadîth on the Islâmic Personality - Shaykh 'Alî Hasan 'Alî 'Abdul Hamîd
40 ahadîth Qudsi - prolly already got that one :)
Adab al-Mufrad - Bukhârî
The Compilation of Hadîth - Shaykh 'Abdul Ghaffâr Hassan Rahmânî
Hadîth Proof it Self - Shaykh al-Albânî
Notes on the Science of Hadîth - Dr. Mahmood at-Tahhân

I also think they are available at streetdawah.com but I am not sure.. :?

Ok, if you can just do me a big favour, upload all that stuff, and then tell me the links for them (including the links already up, renew them if needed) so then I will make a folder on my pc and just put it all in there and then go through it and see what I need and dont need since I dont want to lose to opportunity of having it if your not going to be online much after December.

Eesa.

EDIT: dont upload the following from your list though:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-07-2006, 07:38 PM

^ I need Riyadh us Salihin! Please!

Umar001
12-07-2006, 07:49 PM

^ I need Riyadh us Salihin! Please!

Make sure you use it, learn from it, so I can get a lot of reward through that inshaAllah

Umm Yoosuf
12-07-2006, 08:06 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaah

I got the Riyadh us Salihin explanatiob by Shaikh 'Uthaimeen but the English language is soooo hard! I wish it was in smiple english.

Umar001
12-07-2006, 08:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaah

I got the Riyadh us Salihin explanatiob by Shaikh 'Uthaimeen but the English language is soooo hard! I wish it was in smiple english.

Wa aleyku msalam wa rhaemtulahi wa berekatu,

Up load that too, mashaAllah sounds cool

Umm Yoosuf
12-07-2006, 08:31 PM
Up load it :?

Umar001
12-07-2006, 08:33 PM
Up load it :?
Oh, so you mean you got it as a book not on the pc?

Umm Yoosuf
12-07-2006, 08:35 PM
Na'am as a book.

I don't think you can find it on the internet anyway.

Umar001
12-07-2006, 08:38 PM
Na'am as a book.

I don't think you can find it on the internet anyway.

Oh ok, hmm....

...how many words can you type per minute lol just kidding.

What's the name, I would be interested in buying it.

Umm Yoosuf
12-07-2006, 08:43 PM
Here

http://onlineislamicstore.com/b2871.html

Umm Safiya
12-08-2006, 02:00 PM

Here you go!

40 Ahadîth on Personality

40 Ahadîth Qudsi

Adab al-Mufrad

An Introduction to the Science of Ahadîth

Compilation of Ahadîth

Hadîth Proof Itself

Notes on the Science of Ahadîth

boriqee
12-11-2006, 03:40 PM
the realm of hadeeth is huge and there are divisions regarding which aspect of hadeeth one wishes to aquire some type of knowledge of. And even at reading these books even in arabic, one needs to sit with a shaykh to understand the completeness and clear any ocncerns one may have since ilm is taken by he mouths of men, not form the pages of books.

anyways there is ilmu-illaal, and this science is the highest level of hadeeth supremacy that existst in the realm of hadeeth. Not all muhaditheen even know this science, only those who were masters in this field. Those whom constituted as those who mastered ilmu-illaal was haafidh al-Imaam al-Bukharee, Muslim, Haafidh al-Daaraqutnee, Abdul-Ghanee al-Maqdisee and others.

in this mustalah, the book "al-'Illaal" is very good written by I think Imaam ad-daraqutnee

With regards to Ilmu-Rijaal
Bukharee written one of the best works on the subject which is Tareekh al-Kabeer, and I feel bad selling it but then agian the brother i sold it to had more use for it since he knows arabi hundreds better than I.

This book he collected the affaris of around 10 thousand narrators and commented upon them.

However, probably the mother of all books in this science, whcih a sharh was made of it, whcih was so good that another sharh was made of it which was so good that another abridgement was made of it and so on. This book is from haafidhAbdul-Ghanee al-Maqdisee and is is titled
"al-Kamaal fi asmaa wa Rijaal" and he compiled the names and the jarh wa t'adel of these names but he limited himself to the narrators only mentioned or included in the six books of hadeeth, an this compilation is some 37 volumes.

However, Haafidh al-Mizzee, the student and friend of Ibn Taymiyyah took this book, and revised it with better additions and delted some unuseful parts to it and then called it "Tadheeb al-Kamaal.

This is a super beneficial for all students o ahdeth, infact no student is a student without this book.

Then Ibn Hajr came out with a revision of this one and calld it tadheeb at-tadheeb.

His student complained to him and said it was still to hard and long so he compiled anoher book whcih revised the tadhaab at-tadheeb and called it taqreeb at-tadheeb, and this is in 2 volumes, all of these books are great, and for he beginners should start with this one and then tadheeb at-tadheeb, and the go higher up.

Jarh Wa t'adeel (praise and criticism of men)
is another crucial aspect to the preservation of the mustalah of hadeeth and one of the best books in this regard is Ibn Abi Hatim's Jarh Wa T'adeel

with regards to the issues pertaining to the grading of hadeeth and the mustalhah in general whom is a pillar book for all students of hadeeth is the master work al-Muqadimah ibnu-Salaah by Haafidh Abu Amr Ibnu-Salaah.

The best source to understand a very basic level of understanding regarding this science is Suhaib hasan's Mustalah al-hadeeth

In arabic, the best book to start off with is Ahmad Shaakir's Baith al-hatheeth, which Im fortunate to have in by library walhamdulillah.

As for the initial post regarding this thread about Azami, this is a veery good book. if you have it in english tell me where you got it from

asalamu alaikum

amirah_87
12-11-2006, 03:59 PM
As salaamu ALaykum,

MashaAllah Good info there.

in this mustalah, the book "al-'Illaal" is very good written by I think Imaam ad-daraqutnee
Yeah, it's by Ad-Daarqutnee.

With regards to Ilmu-Rijaal
Bukharee written one of the best works on the subject which is Tareekh al-Kabeer, and I feel bad selling it but then agian the brother i sold it to had more use for it since he knows arabi hundreds better than I.
This is an excellent book MashaAllah, ver benefical. My Uncle (Step-Father) hafidhahullah, has done a Takhreej/Tasheeh on it, I don't know whether it's published yet.

However, Haafidh al-Mizzee, the student and friend of Ibn Taymiyyah took this book, and revised it with better additions and delted some unuseful parts to it and then called it "Tadheeb al-Kamaal.

This is a super beneficial for all students o ahdeth, infact no student is a student without this book.

Then Ibn Hajr came out with a revision of this one and calld it tadheeb at-tadheeb.

His student complained to him and said it was still to hard and long so he compiled anoher book whcih revised the tadhaab at-tadheeb and called it taqreeb at-tadheeb, and this is in 2 volumes, all of these books are great, and for he beginners should start with this one and then tadheeb at-tadheeb, and the go higher up.
Isn't it.. Tah'deeb in all!?

All books mentioned are very beneficial, JazaakAllahu Khayr.

The first lot are for Bahth/Research purpose only right, Asmaa' ar-rijaal and etc

Umar001
12-11-2006, 05:20 PM
Yes, I have a simple list, and have known those books, but as yuo said it is best done under a shaykh, thats why I try not to go into it too much on my own at the moment and only touching on the surface of the science.

I bouth Azami's book in south london, the brother had two books aparently been there for years, I only realised that this Azami is the Adhami that the brothers refer to in their talks, so I bought one copy and inshaAllah I was planning on buying the second copy too, because I feel very uncertain as to whether the book is strong enough to last me a long time.

Anyhow I got another book the other day, I was going to get Azami's book on compilation of the Quran and the new and old testament, but I got this,

A Textbook of
Hadith
Studies
Authenticity, COmpilation, Classification and Criticism of Hadith

Mohammad Hashim Kamali

And this seems pretty good.

Anyone here know a time line with accurate dates with important scholars and narrators on it?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-14-2006, 11:52 PM

You might like this Insha'Allah :D A poem to memorize Hadeeth Terminology :D

AlBayquneeyah - by Mahmoud Ahmad Umar

Posted by a Sister over at Islamic Network forums.
http://talk.islamicnetwork.com/showthread.php?t=8185

boriqee
12-15-2006, 10:46 AM
Here is a sharh of At-T'aleeqaat al-Athariyyah 'Alaa al-Manthoomat al-Bayqooniyyah

The poem was written by: Taa Haa bin Muhammad bin Futooh al- Bayqooni
Sharh(explanation) is by: 'Ali Hasan 'Ali 'Abdul Hameed
Along with corrections by Doctor ' Abdus Sattaar Abu Ghuddah

The biography of the author

He is Shaykh Taa Haa bin Muhammad bin Futooh al- Bayqooni, the Muhaddith, and the Usooli (one who is firm in the principles of the deen such as ibn Taymiyyah and his likes). He lived before the year 1080 H/ 1669 CE and he has a book called " Fathul Qaadir al- Mugheeth " about ' ilmul hadeeth.

I say: Some of the scholars of hadeeth have mentioned that the name of the author (R) is 'Umar bin Muhammad...But Ustaadh Kahhaalah was certain that his name is: Taa Haa ...and Ustaadh az-Zirkali had some doubt as he said: "'Umar or Taa haa ", and Allaah the Exalted knows best.

The importance of Isnaad :

The isnaad (which is the chain of narration for the text of the hadith) is a blessing that is specific for this Ummah, and it is not for any of the previous Ummahs . Because it has a great position in the religion of Allaah the Honored and Exalted, for this reason the Islaamic Ummah has been called: The Ummah of the Isnaad .

And researching into the isnaad is an important and firm pillar in the sciences of hadeeth, and in achievement of its intended goal, which is sorting the acceptable hadeeths from the rejected ones.

Sufyaan ath-Thawri said: "The isnaad is the weapon of the Mu'min, if he didnt have a weapon with him, then what would he fight with?" ( al- Majrooheen by ibn Hibbaan 1/27)

And ' Abdullaah bin al- Mubaarak said: "In my opinion the Isnaad is from the religion, if it weren't for the isnaad, anyone who wished would have said what he wished." (Muslim in the muqaddimah of his saheeh 1/12)

And ibn Seereen said: "In the early days no one asked about the isnaad, then when the fitnah occured, they asked about the isnaad, so that they could accept the hadeeths of Ahlus Sunnah and toss out the hadeeths of Ahlul Bid'ah ."(Sunan at- Tirmidhi in his Kitaabul ' Ilal 5/740)

For this reason the Muhaddiths were concerned with inspecting the isnaad and researching into it, because of what it contains of great importance in examining the text of the hadeeth and grading it. This is because there is no reaching the matn (text of the hadeeth) except by way of researching the isnaad .

And the Muhaddiths have set forth in great earnest to follow up the isnaads and searching them, such that they made journeys thoughout the lands for them, and they traveled to the ends of the earth to chance upon an isnaad, or to investigate into an isnaad whose affair was unclear to them, and that is from the great blessings that Allaah bestowed upon this Ummah. We ask Allaah to bestow upon us thankfulness for this blessing, and we ask for firmness upon the truth, and success in what brings us closer to Him and near to Him, and that He keeps us in obedience to Him, verily He is the Protector, the Praised.

And an-Nawawi has said in "al- Irshaad " 91/498):

"The science of hadeeth is a noble science, it is attached to noble character and beautiful conduct, and it is from the sciences of the hereafter and not of this life, and whoever stays away from it has stayed away from great good, and whoever takes from it has attained abundant bounty..."

And May Allaah have mercy on the one who said: The religion of Muhammad is narrations

And the best mode of trasporation for a young man is the reports
Do not turn away from the hadeeth and its people
For opinion is night and hadeeth is day
And sometimes a young person misses the path of guidance
But the sun is shining upon it with radiance ("sharf ashaabul hadeeth" page 76)

And it has been said: The people of hadeeth are the people of the Prophet and if they did not accompany his being, they accompanied his every breath ("al- Hitah fi thikr as- Sihaah as- sittah"page 67)

And another person said:If you wish to attain guidance
And reach the truth from its proper door
Then leave every saying and whoever said it
For the saying of the Prophet and his companions
For you will not be saved from the new matters
By other than the hadeeth and its people (the previous reference)

al- Manthoomatul Bayqooniyyah and its Sharh

أƒأ³أˆأ؛أڈأ³أƒأµ أˆأ¶أ‡أ،أچأ³أ£أ؛أœأœأœأœأڈأ¶ أ£أµأ•أ³أ،أ¸أ¶أ*أ³أœأœأœأ‡أ° أڑأ³أ،أ³أ¬
أ£أµأچأ³أ£أ¸أ³أœأœأڈأ² أژأ³أ*أ؛أ‘أ¶ أ¤أ³أˆأ¶أ*أ¸أ² أƒأµأ‘أ؛أ“أ¶أœأœأ،أ‡ أ³

أ¦أ³أگأ¶أ* أ£أ¤ أƒأ*أ؛أ“أœأ³أ‡أ£أ¶ أ‡أ،أچأ³أڈأ¶أ*أ‹أ¶ أڑأ¶أœأœأœأڈأ¸أ³أ¥أ؛
أ¦أ³أںأµأœأ،أ¸أµ أ¦أ³أ‡أچأœأ¶أڈأ² أƒأ³أٹأ³أ¬ أ¦أ³أڑأœأœأ³أڈأ¸أ³أ¥ أ؛

I begin with praises sending salaah upon
Muhammad the best Prophet ever sent
And from the divisions of hadeeth are many types
And each one shall come with its clarification

Hadeeth: That which has come on the authority of the Prophet ( طµظ„ظ‰ ط§ظ„ظ„ظ‡ ط¹ظ„ظٹظ‡ ظˆط³ظ„ظ… ) of sayings or actions or consents or descriptions.

أƒأ³أ¦أ¸أ³أ،أµأ¥أ³أ‡ أ‡أ،أ•أ¸أ³أچأ¶أ*أœأœأچأµ أ¦أ³أ¥أ؛أ¦أ³ أ£أ³أ‡ أ‡أٹأ¸أ³أ•أœأœأœأ،
أ…أ“أ؛أ¤أœأ³أ‡أڈأµأ¥أµ أ¦أ³أ،أ³أ£أ؛ أ*أ³أ”أœأµأگأ¸أ³ أƒأ³أ¦أ؛ أ*أµأڑأ³أœأœأ،أ؛

أ*أ³أ‘أ؛أ¦أ¶أ*أ¥أ¶ أڑأ³أڈأ؛أ،أ± أ–أ³أ‡أˆأ¶أœأœأœأœأœأکأ± أڑأ³أ¤أ؛ أ£أ¶أ‹أ؛أ،أ¶أ¥
أ£أµأڑأ؛أٹأ³أ£أ³أœأœأڈأ± أ*أ¶أ* أ–أ³أˆأ؛أکأœأœأ¶أ¥أ¶ أ¦أ³أ¤أ³أ*أ؛أ،أ¶أ¥

The first of them is " saheeh " which has a connected (the word here in ' arabi is referred to as 'al-Ittisaal ' and its explanation is below)

Isnaad and without " shathooth " and it has no "' illah "
It is reported by an "'adil " on the authority of his like
who is relied upon in his " dhabt " and reporting

As- Saheeh : It is a hadeeth whose sanad is connected by the report of an ' adl and a person of dhabit on the authority of one like himself until its destination, without shathooth and having no 'illah .

An example: al-Bukhaari said in his saheeh : We were narrated to by 'Abdullaah bin Yusuf, who said We were informed by Maalik on the authority of ibn Shihaab on the authority of Muhammad bin Jubayr bin Mut'am on the authority of his father who said:

"I heard the Messenger of Allaah ( طµظ„ظ‰ ط§ظ„ظ„ظ‡ ط¹ظ„ظٹظ‡ ظˆط³ظ„ظ… ) read 'at- Toor ' in the maghrib prayer."

So this is a saheeh hadith, because it meets the conditions of authenticity in its isnaad : that the narrators are thiqqah (trustworthy) and that it is connected, without shathooth and having no 'illah .

Al-Ittisaal : It is when every narrator hears from the narrator before him.

Al- Isnaad : It is the chain of narration which is connected to the text of the hadeeth.

And sometimes it means: attaching the hadeeth to the one who said it, and its meaning is determined through indicators, and sometimes it is called "as- Sanad ", and each one can mean the other, unless there is an indicator that points to the contrary.

Ash- Shathooth : Its when the narration of an acceptable narrator is in disagreement with someone better than him, either due to having more routes or for being more trustworthy.

al-'Illah : It is the reason for tainting the authenticity of the hadeeth whose appearance is one of authenticity and one free of any 'illah (or blemish), and an 'illah is not apparent except to the one who is firmly grounded in this noble science.

al-'Adl : It is a narrator who carries the descriptions who make its possesor strong, and one far from any taint, and one known for nobility amongst the people.

adh-Dhabt : It is the strength of memorization, and delicate caution, and a good understanding of the affairs, and firmness in memory, and in protecting what a narrator wrote from the time of carrying information and hearing it until puberty and reporting.

And for this reason adh-Dhabt is two types:

Dhabt as- Sadr (precision of the breast): which is when the narrator protects what he hears by memory, and he can produce it whenever he wishes.
Dhabt al-Kitaab (precision of the book): which is protecting what he wrote from the time of hearing it as well as its authenticity until he reports from it, and he does not give it to one who will not protect it, or who may change it or distort it.
أ¦أ³أ‡أ،أچأ³أ“أ³أ¤ أ‡أ،أ£أ³أڑأ؛أ‘أµأ¦أ*أµ أکأµأ‘أ؛أ*أœأœأ‡أ° أ¦أ³أ›أ³أœأڈأ³أٹأ؛
أ‘أ¶أŒأ³أ‡أ،أµأœأ¥أµ أ،أ‡أ³ أںأ³أ‡أ،أ•أ¸أ³أچأ¶أ*أœأچأ¶ أ‡أ”أ؛أٹأ³أ¥أ³أ‘أ³أٹأ؛

And 'hasan' has well known paths and

Its narrators are not like those of saheeh in their fame
I say: ('Ali Hasan) ash-Shaykh ' Abus Sittaar has followed up the author with a correction and said:
And 'hasan' is due to little dhabt
Since its narrators are not like those of saheeh in their fame

Al-Hasan : A hadith whose sanad which is connected by narration of an 'adl whose dhabt is weak on one like him; without shathooth and without an ' illah .

An example: On the authority of Abu Hurayrah: He said that the Messenger of Allaah ( طµظ„ظ‰ ط§ظ„ظ„ظ‡ ط¹ظ„ظٹظ‡ ظˆط³ظ„ظ… )
said:"Say often 'laa ilaaha illallaah ', before something comes between you and it and prompt your dead with it."

(It is reported by Abu Y'ala 96147), and al- Khateeb in his " Taareekh " (3/38), Hamzah al- Kanaani in " Juz ' al- Bitaaqah " (number 7), and ar-Raafi'i in " Taareekh Qazween " (4/74), from two routes on the authority of Dhimaam bin Ismaa'il, on the authority of Musaa bin Wazdaan on the authority of Abu Hurayrah.

Clarification: The one making footnotes of " musnad Abu Ya'la " graded the hadith dha'eef, due to Suwayd bin Sa'eed, the shaykh of Abu Ya'laa, but he missed the route that follows it up!!

See: "silsilatus saheehah " (number 468)

And the meaning of 'your dead': is those who approach death, because he has not left the realm of responsibility, and it is possible for him to benifit from the prompting, so he may remember the shahaadah and say it...and that is what is authentic and confirmed from the Messenger of Allaah ( صلى الله عليه وسلم ) regarding the issue of prompting, and other than this is not authentic from the Prophet ( صلى الله عليه وسلم ) .

See: " Ahkaamul Janaazah " (page 10 and 11) and "as- Silsilatudh dha'eefah " (2/64), and me treatise: 'al- Qawlul Mubeen fi Dha'f Hadeethil Talqeen waQra'oo 'alaa Mawtaakum Yaa Seen."}

And this is a hasan isnaad, because in it is Dhimaam bin Ismaa'il, and al- Haafith adh-Dhahabi said about him: " Saalihul hadeeth, layyanahu ba'dhuhum bilaa hujjah ". "Upright in his hadeeth, some people have weakened him without proof" And Abu Zur'ah al-'Iraaqi quoted a saying from Imaam Ahmad bin Hanbal about him in " Thaylul Kaashif " (page 144): " Sadooq Muta'bbid " "Truthful, worships much" and on the authority of Nisaa'i : "Laa ba's bih " "There is nothing wrong with him".

And al- Haafith ibn Hajr said: " Sadooq wa rabbamaa akhta '" "Truthful but sometimes he makes mistakes." So for his likes, their hadiths are not placed below the level of hasan.

æóßõáøõ ãóÇ Úóäú ÑõÊúÈÜÜÜóÉö ÇáÍõÓúäö ÞóÕÑú
ÝóåúæóÇáÖøóÚöíÝõ æóåúæó ÃóÞúÓóÇãÇð ßóËõÜÜÑõ

And the more it goes below the degree of hasan
Then it is dha'eef and it is of many different types
adh-Dha'eef : It is that which does not have the characteristics of hasan due to its missing one of its conditions.
And it is of many types, some of them shall come insha Allaah.

An example: What is reported by at- Tirmidhi ( number 2617) and ibn Maajah (number 702) and ad-Daarami (1/278) and Ahmad(3/76) and ibn Khuzaymah (1502) and other than them on the authority of Abu Sa'eed al-Khudri, that he said: the Messenger of Allaah ( sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam ) said: "If you see a man that comes to the masjid, then testify to his imaan..."

So this is a dha'eef hadith, because in its sanad is a reporter named Darraaj bin Sam'aan Abu as- Saamih .

Adh-Dhahabi said about him: " Darraaj katheerul manaakeer " " Darraaj has many munkar narrations."

And Imaam Ahmad and others said: " Ahaadithuhu manaakeer " "His hadeeth's are munkar narrations."

And ibn Hajr said in "At- Taqreeb " ( number 1824): " Sadooq, fi riwaayatihi 'an Abil Haytham dha'f " "He is truthful, and in his narrations on the authority of Abu Haytham is some weakness/ dha'f "

I say: and this is one of them.

æóãóÇ ÃõÖöíÝó áóáäøóÈöÜÜÜÜÜÜí ÇáãóÑúÝõæÚõ
æóãóÇ áöÊóÇÈöÜÜÜÚò åõæóÇáãóÞúØõÜÜÜæÚõ

And what is attributed to the Prophet is Marfoo '

And what is from a taabi ' is Maqtoo '

Al- Marfoo ': That which is attributed to the Prophet ( صلى الله عليه وسلم ) of statements or actions or confirmations-which is his being quiet about an action that happened before him- or a description, about his conduct or his physique.

Types:

al- Marfoo ' al- Qawli : That the reporter says: ' Qaala rasool Allaahi ( صلى الله عليه وسلم ) kathaa ...' i.e. "The Messenger of Allaah ( صلى الله عليه وسلم ) said such and such..."
al- Marfoo ' al- Fa'li : That the reporter says: ' Ra'ytu Rasool Allaahi ( صلى الله عليه وسلم ) yaf'alu kathaa ...' i.e. 'I saw the Messenger of Allaah ( صلى الله عليه وسلم ) do such and such"
al- Marfoo ' al- Wasfi : That a reporter says: " Kaana Rasool Allaahi ( صلى الله عليه وسلم ) ahsanan naasi khulqan ..."
"The Messenger of Allaah ( صلى الله عليه وسلم ) was best of the people in conduct" or that he says: " He was white handsome and flawless..."

at- Taabi'i : He is one who met a sahaabi and was a believer in the Prophet ( صلى الله عليه وسلم ) without ever seeing him, and he died upon Islaam.

al- Maqtoo ': It is what is attributed to the taabi'i or whoever is after him from sayings and actions.

Types:

al- Maqtoo ' al- Qawli : the saying of al-Hasan al- Basri regarding salaah behind a mubta'di (a person of bid'ah : innovation): "Pray and upon him is his bid'ah "
al- Maqtoo ' al- Fa'li : The saying of Ibraaheem bin Muhammad bin al- Muntashir : "Masrooq used to place a barrier between himself and his family, and then he would begin salaah and leave them to their worldly affairs."
End of part 1
asalamu alaikum

amirah_87
12-15-2006, 04:14 PM

You might like this Insha'Allah :D A poem to memorize Hadeeth Terminology :D

[B]AlBayquneeyah - by Mahmoud Ahmad Umar

SubhanAllah did'nt know you could find this online :eek:

This is a great poem mashaAllah!!

JazaakAllahu Khayr bro' Ahmed. :)

Umar001
12-15-2006, 04:16 PM
All I need now is someone to read it out for me ;D

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-16-2007, 11:52 PM

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...l-hadeeth.html

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-05-2007, 04:44 PM

Part 1 of Bayquuniyah. Jazakillah Khair Sister Amirah.

Here

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-10-2007, 01:09 AM
"The people of knowledge would include weak and fabricated ahadith in their books in order to make their chains - and the condition of their chains - known, and not out of dependence on and belief in them. The books of the Muhaddithin are filled with such narrations, such that some of them will mention the defects in the hadith, clarifiying its status as being weak, if it was weak, or fabricated, if it was fabricated, while some of them would clarify the conditions of the narrators of a given hadith by simply providing the isnad, and would consider that they had done their duty in making this easy by simply providing the isnad, as was done by al-Hafidh Abu Nu'aym*, as well as Abu al-Qasim Ibn 'Asakir**, and others.

So, mentioning narrators, and remaining silent about them, does not necessarily mean that a given scholar considers the hadith to be sahih (authentic), hasan (good), or da'if (weak). In fact, he could even consider it to be mawdu' (fabricated)! In any case, his silence in regards to a hadith is not taken to mean that he sees the permissibility of acting upon it."

['Taysir al-'Aziz al-Hamid fi Sharh Kitab at-Tawhid'; p. 126]

* : Abu Nu'aym al-Asfahani, the author of 'Hilyat al-Awliya''
**: Ibn 'Asakir, the author of 'Tarikh Dimashq'

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.