/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is stress and depression .....

hamidah
12-06-2006, 08:18 PM
Assalamu Alaykom Waraahmatullahi Warabarakatuh:w:
my fellow muslims i would like to know if stress and depression someting that hapens even to the muslims ?
i heard ple say that if ur faith is low u will have depression and stress..
can i get any repls on it plzzzz....
:hiding: :?
ma3salam..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-06-2006, 08:21 PM
ummm

my fellow muslims i would like to know if stress and depression someting that hapens even to the muslims ?
yeh of course! we'r all human after all lol.. :p Allah tests us, evn the muslims believe it or not :p

yehhhh can happen, if ur a devout muslim yup.. if u feelin lazy n cant b bothered 2 gt up 2 pray, dat can cause despresion n stress afta cuz u feelin all guilty abt it.. hpe dt ansaz ur qu. sis :D

snakelegs
12-06-2006, 08:24 PM
sometimes depression is caused by a physical (chemical) imbalance.
i don't think it discriminates between muslims and kafirs!
i also think it's quite natural to have phases of it as you go through life.

Umar001
12-06-2006, 08:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hamidah
Assalamu Alaykom Waraahmatullahi Warabarakatuh:w:
can i get any repls on it plzzzz....
:hiding: :?
ma3salam..
Wa aleykum salam wa rhametulahi wa berkeatu,

Well didn't the Prophet, peace be upon him, go through a period which he was depressed or stressed and suffered??

Sahih Muslim
Book 032, Number 6242:
Abu Sa'id and abu Huraira reported that they heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Never a believer is stricken with discomfort, hardship or illness, grief or even with mental worry that his sins are not expiated for him.

Sahih Bukhari
Volume 7, Book 70, Number 544:
Narrated 'Aisha:
(the wife of the Prophet) Allah's Apostle said, "No calamity befalls a Muslim but that Allah expiates some of his sins because of it, even though it were the prick he receives from a thorn."

Volume 7, Book 70, Number 545:
Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri and Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "No fatigue, nor disease, nor sorrow, nor sadness, nor hurt, nor distress befalls a Muslim, even if it were the prick he receives from a thorn, but that Allah expiates some of his sins for that."

Hope they help.

Eesa. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aamirsaab
12-06-2006, 08:28 PM
:sl:
Yes, stress and depression do also affect muslims.

However, I've often heard that if your taqwah is strong enough, you are less likely to be affected by depression and stress as you believe more in external factors as the cause of certain events/trials/tribulations as opposed to internal factors.

E.g. a person fails his exam. If he is stronger in external belief he will say along the lines of: "it's god's doing", "by the will of Allah" etc. This acts as a form of shield from depression and stress. If however he is not as strong in his external belief he is more likely to place blame on himself, thus incurring depression/stress.

Most people are in between the two polar extremes. Very few on either side, though muslims are encouraged to be more on the external extreme as opposed to the internal.

If you're confused, sorry.

-Shakirah-
12-06-2006, 08:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
Wa aleykum salam wa rhametulahi wa berkeatu,

Well didn't the Prophet, peace be upon him, go through a period which he was depressed or stressed and suffered??

Sahih Muslim
Book 032, Number 6242:
Abu Sa'id and abu Huraira reported that they heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Never a believer is stricken with discomfort, hardship or illness, grief or even with mental worry that his sins are not expiated for him.

Sahih Bukhari
Narrated 'Aisha:
(the wife of the Prophet) Allah's Apostle said, "No calamity befalls a Muslim but that Allah expiates some of his sins because of it, even though it were the prick he receives from a thorn."

The Prophet said, "No fatigue, nor disease, nor sorrow, nor sadness, nor hurt, nor distress befalls a Muslim, even if it were the prick he receives from a thorn, but that Allah expiates some of his sins for that."

Hope they help.

Eesa. :)
All Praise belongs to Allah, the Most High

rameen
12-12-2006, 11:57 AM
MashaAllah
Sahih Muslim
Book 032, Number 6242:

Sahih Bukhari
Narrated 'Aisha:

JazakiAllah
this is Islam
I just LOVE my Allah and ISLAM
thnks

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.