PDA

View Full Version : Quran And Hadiths On Clothes

chacha_jalebi
12-06-2006, 09:07 PM
salaam

bismillah ir rahman nir raheem :D

elo ello :D

Allah (swt) says in the quran in surah an Nahl v 81

"And (Allah) has made for you garments to protect you from the heat (and cold), and coats of mail to protect you from your (mutual) violence.''

and also in surah Al Araf v26

"O Children of ¢dam! We have bestowed raiment upon you to cover yourselves (screen your private parts) and as an adornment, and the raiment of righteousness, that is better.''

sho sho sho, from these ayahs we can tell that obviosly Allah (swt) wants us 2 wear clothes, and cover ourselfs and not dress like gypsies :p :D

so from the Quran we can tell that Allah (swt) gave us clothes so we could respect our bodies and cover it up with clothes!

Hadiths on clothes :D

Ibn Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: I heard Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, "Put on white clothes because they are the best; and use them for shrouding your dead.''
[At-Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud]

Samurah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, 'Wear white clothes because they are the purest and they are closest to modesty; and shroud the dead in it.''
[An-Nasa'i and Al-Hakim]

these two hadiths show the excellence of wearin white clothes :D

clothes of RasoolAllah (saw)

Bara' (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) was of medium stature. I saw him wearing a red mantle. I have never seen anything more graceful than that.
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Abu Rimthah Rifa`ah At-Taimi (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I saw Messenger of Allah (PBUH) wearing two green garments.
[Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi]

Jabir (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) entered Makkah on the day of its conquest and he was wearing a black turban.
[Muslim]

Abu Sa`id Amr bin Huraith (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: As if I am seeing Messenger of Allah (PBUH) wearing a black turban and both ends of it are falling over his shoulders.
[Muslim]

Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: The body of Messenger of Allah (PBUH) was shrouded in three white Yemeni cotton garments, among which was neither a gown nor a turban.
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Aisha (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: One morning Messenger of Allah (PBUH) went out wearing a black blanket made of camel's or sheep's black hair with patterns of camels' bags upon it.
[Muslim]

:D:D:D:D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-06-2006, 09:08 PM
gud info bro :D

Bint Abdusattar
12-06-2006, 11:37 PM
:sl:
Jazakallah khair for the lovely post - isn't this just what girls love to talk about :) Although i have never heard conversations about clothes in this light

:w:

Al_Imaan
12-07-2006, 12:17 AM
:sl: nice information..but i was wondering..there r a few muslims that have told me b4 that jeans r prohibited since its revealing....but i was thinking that maybe if sisters wear something that can cover until the thighs...it might not be so bad...rite?:? ...if any1 has any suggestions..plz say so....:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-08-2006, 10:47 PM
revealing? u mean tight fittin, or showin shape yeh?

^ yea das ryt..

Al_Imaan
12-11-2006, 07:56 PM
:sl: srry sister but i still havent recieved a convincing answer...:w:

chacha_jalebi
12-11-2006, 07:58 PM
^ basically as long as you cant see your body shape in any clothes, then thats okie dokie, the best thin that covers a person is a jilbab:D but if someone can get jeans and put a long top that covers them, then thats fine aswell :D:D:D

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-11-2006, 08:49 PM
hw r jeanz revealin :rollseyes

Hijrah
12-11-2006, 10:44 PM
With Jeans You See Someone's Body Shape

Al_Imaan
12-13-2006, 02:46 AM
:sl:
thanx (chacha)...i finally got a convincing answer...and jilbaabs r not really my type even though they're great for hijabis like me
:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.