/* */

PDA

View Full Version : So if a Non Muslim came upto

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-06-2006, 11:16 PM
YOU and said ''I want to become a Muslim what do I do''???? how would you deal with it in your current situation? would you keep in contact or would you just direct him/her to someone else??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Helena
12-06-2006, 11:21 PM
erm never been in that situation....hope to be one day inshAllah....

erm help the person till the end/have contacts/teach certain stuff about islam/buy some books/take the person to events/....

yeah soo help the person till the end inshAllah....as i feel its my duty.....

Samkurd
12-06-2006, 11:21 PM
Well id keep in contact without being in their face all the time. u know just to be there if they need help until they can do everything themselves thats when u leave them

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-06-2006, 11:25 PM
well what Im trying to ask is will you take him to your local masjid, imam or maybe tell another friend(s) or bring him/her home perhaps??

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Helena
12-06-2006, 11:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
well what Im trying to ask is will you take him to your local masjid, imam or maybe tell another friend(s) or bring him/her home perhaps??
erm i choose the first option that is bring her to the local mosque and direct her to the imam......

and home afterwards if its a 'her' and not a 'him'.....

Umar001
12-06-2006, 11:28 PM
Not one of your best threads brother :p

But yes I would, we had many reverts in college, although because I knew first hand what a person who becomes Muslim can go through, I always thought that the person taking shahada should realise his responsability, so once some brothers asked me if I wanted to take this dude's shahada and I said nah let someone else take it, I do kinda regret it, but I know at the same time that if that guy had left Islam or leaves Islam I'd be so heartbroken and guilty.

Pk_#2
12-06-2006, 11:29 PM
Both inshaAllah, im not knowlegable enough to deal with someone in that position yet, but would love to keep in touch inshaAllah

AsalamuAlaykum!

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-06-2006, 11:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
Not one of your best threads brother :p

But yes I would, we had many reverts in college, although because I knew first hand what a person who becomes Muslim can go through, I always thought that the person taking shahada should realise his responsability, so once some brothers asked me if I wanted to take this dude's shahada and I said nah let someone else take it, I do kinda regret it, but I know at the same time that if that guy had left Islam or leaves Islam I'd be so heartbroken and guilty.
ahh you changed your name??? you isa right?

NO I find this quite intresting because I aint too sure how I would go about it and which people I would guide him to because.. For example if he was English I couldnt take him to my local Imam well I could for shahadah but they all speak punjabi/mirpuri so there would be barriers.

I think I would most likely send him to the imam at the uni because he would probably be more help because of his langauge. Maybe you would send them to diffrent people depending on their language?

Woodrow
12-06-2006, 11:56 PM
I can not see any problem. I would be overjoyed at the wonderful news and do my best to help my friend in any way I could.

YusufNoor
12-07-2006, 01:24 AM
YOU and said ''I want to become a Muslim what do I do''???? how would you deal with it in your current situation? would you keep in contact or would you just direct him/her to someone else??
:sl:

i think that i would ask that person to clarify what they mean. (we talk about Arabic being hard! :giggling: )

as in: I'm not sure that i understand what you mean.

do you:

a) want to become a Muslim now because you already understand Islam?

b) want to learn more about Islam, as in what do i read? or do you need a Qur'an?

c) already posses alot of information and you'ld like a little clarification so that you can make your decision?

so i would say, "Just explain exactly what you need, and then, Insha' Allah, i will either help you or direct(take you is better) to someone who can."

why assume it's just an interest, we can't read their hearts so just outright ask! i mean if they want to do shahadah RIGHT NOW! i can find another brother. plus the Imam's cell number is on my phone.

:w:

Rabiyal
12-07-2006, 06:01 AM
if someone came up to me, My first reponse would be what do you know about Islam??? and why? if he/she sounds serious then My next response would be to point them in the right direction. And check to see if they need any more assisstance, or help of some sort?!?!

Nuseyba bintkab
12-12-2006, 11:39 AM
irealy would not have known what to do

Pk_#2
12-12-2006, 11:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nuseyba bintkab
irealy would not have known what to do
Not to worry, :wub:

Just say, 'CoNgrUtZ!!' lolll

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.