/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why are we in this mess?

Karimeldib
12-07-2006, 02:35 PM
I was watching the news a couple of days ago and I, and I would assume everyone else, was really disturbed by what I saw. The screams of the children, the dead or dying Muslims, the occupation of Muslim land is everywhere. Every channel I turned to I would hear the same thing; Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, Chechnya, the list goes on. So I decided to go back to the Quran to fins out why we are in this mess.
So here are some of my thoughts.
30-41 (Mischief has appeared on land and sea because of (the meed) that the hands of men have earned. That (Allah) may give them a taste of some of their deeds: in order that they may turn back (from Evil)).
In this verse Allah clearly puts the first cause of why we are in this situation; our sins. I will call this the “bad” reason, the “good” reason I will talk about later on insha’ Allah. Allah shows us the mischief has appeared because of our sins, so that we can realize this and return to His path, the one and only True path. In another verse Allah makes it more clear 42-30 (Whatever misfortune happens to you, is because of the things your hands have wrought, and for many (of them) He grants forgiveness).
So Allah forgives our sins, and does not punish us for them, yet every crisis we get is from what we have gained from our sins. We this also happened to the children of Israel, as Allah says 2-61 (They were covered with humiliation and misery: they drew on themselves the wrath of Allah. This because they went on rejecting the Signs of Allah and slaying His Messengers without just cause. This because they rebelled and went on transgressing).
Now that we know that the first reason for our humiliation is our sins we should thrive to repent from all our sins, small and large. We must heed Allah’s call 57-21 (Be ye foremost (in seeking) Forgiveness from your Lord, and a Garden (of Bliss), the width whereof is as the width of heaven and earth, prepared for those who believe in Allah and His Messengers: that is the Grace of Allah, which He bestows on whom He pleases: and Allah is the Lord of Grace abounding). Remember every sin that you do does not only harm yourself, but it is worse than a bomb being sent upon the Ummah. So our first step is to boycott sins.
2-214 (Or do ye think that ye shall enter the Garden (of Bliss) without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They encountered suffering and adversity, and were so shaken in spirit that even the Messenger and those of faith who were with him cried: "When (will come) the help of Allah" ah! verily, the help of Allah is (always) near!)
This is second reason I believe that we are in this situation. Allah has to test the believers. To make my point clearer I think we should look at the following verses 3-179 (Allah will not leave the Believers in the state in which ye are now, until He separates what is evil from what is good. Nor will Allah disclose to you the secrets of the Unseen) and 29-2/3 (Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, "We believe," and that they will not be tested? *We did test those before them, and Allah will certainly know those who are true from those who are false) .
In the above verses Allah tells us why we are being tested; to know the true believers (the good) from the liars (the evil). So now that we know that this is a test we have to take advantage of this and work to pass this test. The only way to pass this test is to become a true believer, so we should work hard to achieve this goal.
13-11 (Verily never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change it themselves (with their own souls). This verse sums up to past two points. Allah has sent these tests upon us from a reason, He is the All Wise. We should always keep this verse in our minds and remember that Allah will stop these tests one day, and will allow the Muslims to return to their previous glory. This will happen with us or not, whether we like it or not. So we should all thrive to be part of this change. Stop and look at your life and see which parts Allah would want you to change and then hold back no effort to change it. Remember if you are not changing other are. Do not get left behind.
2-216 (But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
12-07-2006, 08:27 PM
:salamext:

Subhan Allaah! i totally agree with you akhi :) Allaah doesn't change the situation of a people unless they change what is in themselves.. and i see that now, the ummah is turning back to Allaah and by the will of Allaah things will get better insha'Allaah.. we have to keep striving hard, be patient and put our trust in Allaah.

sudais1
01-02-2007, 09:47 PM
good leaders is a ni'ma which only come when we are deserving of them. Half the Ummah barely prays 5 times a day, yet we complain for help, There are those simple things which only need a jihad with yourself. Imagine if the whole Ummah prayed 5 times a day, then we wouldn't even be in a big mess

skhalid
01-02-2007, 09:59 PM
Big mess...more like jeopardy!!!
Well....All good and bad fings that happen are controlled by Allah as a test to c how us humans respond...and if we respond in a sensible way then we will get our rewards and if we reflect this fact and make the wrong decision then we will be punished...May Allah help us all in situations like this!!!! aaaaaaaaaaamin

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Darkseid
01-08-2007, 12:30 AM
The way of Allah is the way towards peace. You must turn away from the evils that plague this world (greed, pride, and wrath) and work with others to achieve Muhammad's dream to this world (a utopia of peace and prosperity).

It is quite obvious that Greed, Pride, and Wrath are the sins that have caused us so much pain. We greed for wealth, instead of being together with others to find happiness. We pride ourselves with racial ideology, nationalism, religious right, and other harmful manners which disallow ourselves from maintaining the peace of Muhammad. And... some of us even desire to give wrath to those we dislike and hate, even in the name of our lord. It is because of these circumstances that we suffer by Allah as punishment for our own cruelity.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.