/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Plzzz help this sister

youngsister
12-07-2006, 07:57 PM
:sl:
Ok..there is this sister, she goes to my college, shes struggling with her prayers, not actually praying Masha Allah shes soo pious.

I am talking about the times, she has many double lessons and sometime is time to pray Asr for example and she will miss it, as her teachers dont let her out of the lessons.

We got this Imam to speak to her teacher and he said is Ok if she prays 5 or 10 minutes before is actually time to pray! Which is crazy, I swear you arent even allowed to do that??

Anyways what can she do she fears Allah swt and is thinking to quit college simply because of it.

I dont know what to say to her, I told to pray her prayers after the lesson, but that means she will have to delay her prayer everyday.

What can she do?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mawaddah
12-07-2006, 07:58 PM
Would it be allowed for her to combine her prayers I wonder?

Hijaabi22
12-07-2006, 09:12 PM
simply walk outta the lesson wen its tym 4 prayer. HER TEACHER CANT ASK HER 2 COMPROMISE HER DEEN 4 SUM POXY LESSON

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-07-2006, 09:17 PM
They can't do that can they/ Thats being a stupid professor for doing that.
Thats the thing in college. You go n leave when u want too. YOU are the one paying for it, not him/her.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aamirsaab
12-07-2006, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by youngsister
I am talking about the times, she has many double lessons and sometime is time to pray Asr for example and she will miss it, as her teachers dont let her out of the lessons.
This is a very tricky situation amongst students and crops up very often.

We got this Imam to speak to her teacher and he said is Ok if she prays 5 or 10 minutes before is actually time to pray! Which is crazy, I swear you arent even allowed to do that??
Farj, dhur, asr and Isha all have an early time prayer (i.e before jamat). Maghrib is the only one that doesn't. So yes you can pray certain namaz earlier.

What can she do?
Tell her to pray at the earliest times possible. Additionally, she could join up Asr and Maghrib if she is late. Leaving college just because you're late for a few namaaz here or there is not a valid reason.

united
12-07-2006, 09:26 PM
pretend to go to the loo.
it takes the same amount of time to pray.

youngsister
12-07-2006, 10:57 PM
She paid a £1000 for her course!
She used the toilet excusme so many times, it got to a point where is kinda obvious.

Pk_#2
12-07-2006, 11:00 PM
AsalamuALaykum,

i can't believe it, my law teacher used to remind the brothers when it was jummah time, this sister has mean teachers, May Allah help her, and forgive her for late prayers, it's clearly not her fault :'(

Peace TC!

united
12-07-2006, 11:01 PM
so what if its obvious?
you can answer the call of nature but cant answer the call of God? the lecturer has his priorities a lil bit mixed up. lol

Pk_#2
12-07-2006, 11:07 PM
ASalamuAlaykum,

ask her to shift that lesson to another time, or rearrange her timetable according to the prayer times every term/year.

So that she is able to pray and eat during her break.

Or tell her to have a nice BIG friendly chat with her teacher, try and sort it out while casually smiling and nodding her head lol

:D

Tc!! God bless x

Rabiyal
12-08-2006, 04:08 PM
Tell her to pray at the earliest times possible. Additionally, she could join up Asr and Maghrib if she is late. Leaving college just because you're late for a few namaaz here or there is not a valid reason.
^^^ Brother is completely right. Just combine the prayers. The way it seems she has more issue with the college than the prayers, and she's making prayers as an escape goat to get out of her problem.
Islam says if you have to go far for education then go for it. If Islam doesn't stop you from getting the knowledge you need, then why make Islam an excuse to get out of it??!?! I think there's more to it then your friend is telling you. Sit and talk to her. and tell her that she can pray earlier or combine her prayers, either way Allah is the one who will deside whether it was valid or not!!!
Good luck sis. And Hope Allah can guide her out of her troubles.
Rabiya

afriend
12-08-2006, 04:31 PM
Isn't there an Islamic Society at your college (guessing you're in the UK), quite a few colleges have these societies...Ask them to organise something for her.

The Ruler
12-08-2006, 05:33 PM

in college you are allowed to sip lessons....no?...not that i am suggeting it...but that she can either try talking to the teacher about it...if not then she can make it up later...i heard from one of my teachers that you can pray asr and zuhr together...although i had no daleel for that...i'll have a look around and see if i can find anything regarding this

Ismahaan
12-08-2006, 06:23 PM
I think that you CAN combine prayers in your circumstance, but in Quran it says: “Verily, the prayer is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours”.
We also find that the Prophet (SAW)explained the significance of prayer at the appointed time in various ways. For example he said, “The most beloved of actions to Allah is the prayer at its time”.

Hijaabi22
12-08-2006, 09:00 PM
shes at college ryt?? dunno bout u guys but wer i go we walk in and out of lectures wenever we like :p

Umar001
12-08-2006, 10:06 PM
Assalamu Aleykum Wa Rhametulah,

Guys, please, please I urge you all to think hard before you post, especially if your going to answer things which have rulings involved.

format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
They can't do that can they/ Thats being a stupid professor for doing that.
Thats the thing in college. You go n leave when u want too. YOU are the one paying for it, not him/her.
Well technically if the sister has signed a contract when joining the college then she cannot 'just leave when she wants' and be ok under the eyes of the college, so if the sister has signed a code of conduct or similar contracts then it's not just fine in the eyes of the College.

format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Farj, dhur, asr and Isha all have an early time prayer (i.e before jamat). Maghrib is the only one that doesn't. So yes you can pray certain namaz earlier.

That's only if the sister is following the jamat time, which I doubt since in a college they would probably pray alone from what I've seen, so if the sister is following the earliest time i.e.

[TIME] - [JAMAT]
12:00 - 12:15

And the sister is going by the 12:00 one, then technically she should not go before that, since thats the estimated start of the time of prayer.

format_quote Originally Posted by united
pretend to go to the loo.
it takes the same amount of time to pray.

I think if she is pretending to go to the loo then is that even halal? Maybe she should go to the loo then go pray so technically she is not lying.

format_quote Originally Posted by Rabiyal
^^^ Brother is completely right. Just combine the prayers. The way it seems she has more issue with the college than the prayers, and she's making prayers as an escape goat to get out of her problem.
Islam says if you have to go far for education then go for it. If Islam doesn't stop you from getting the knowledge you need, then why make Islam an excuse to get out of it??!?! I think there's more to it then your friend is telling you. Sit and talk to her. and tell her that she can pray earlier or combine her prayers, either way Allah is the one who will deside whether it was valid or not!!!
Good luck sis. And Hope Allah can guide her out of her troubles.
Rabiya

Assalamu Aleykum,

I will ask you a couple of questions:

Under what circumstaces can a person join prayers?
Does Islam allow a person to compromise his prayer time to gain knowledge?

Even when people have talks, proper talks, they stop for prayer, why because it is not a light thing to just let the prayer wait a little bit more, and this is Islamic knowledge! Islam does teach people to get education but not at the cost of the deen, the sister sounds like she is worried and rightly worried because this is not a simple 'just combine the prayers' solution its not as easy as just saying it. This 'friend' who is my sister, and your sister is asking about something very important. Further more, how do you know she can pray erlier? If the sister is following a timetable which indicates the start of Salah and not the jamaah, which is likely the case, then she I don't think can just pray before the Salah time starts.

May Allah make more of us like those who put their deen before other matters Ameen.

Your Brother Eesa

Rabiyal
12-09-2006, 08:31 AM
Assalamu Aleykum,

I will ask you a couple of questions:

Under what circumstaces can a person join prayers?
Does Islam allow a person to compromise his prayer time to gain knowledge?

Even when people have talks, proper talks, they stop for prayer, why because it is not a light thing to just let the prayer wait a little bit more, and this is Islamic knowledge! Islam does teach people to get education but not at the cost of the deen, the sister sounds like she is worried and rightly worried because this is not a simple 'just combine the prayers' solution its not as easy as just saying it. This 'friend' who is my sister, and your sister is asking about something very important. Further more, how do you know she can pray erlier? If the sister is following a timetable which indicates the start of Salah and not the jamaah, which is likely the case, then she I don't think can just pray before the Salah time starts.

May Allah make more of us like those who put their deen before other matters Ameen.

Your Brother Eesa
And this is one of the Circumstances she can join prayers. The only time you can join prayers is when traveling, since she's not at home, she can join her prayers and read them together

Brother Islam is a Religion which makes a human's life easy. Combining the prayers is better than skipping one.

Other solution can be she can do wudo and pray in class during the lesson.

Since Allah has made it easy for us to pray in any situation whether sitting, standing or laying on the bed when you are sick, then there's no need to complicate a simple thing, it all comes down to her. If she wants to pray she can find a way(may Allah help her, Ameen). Islam is a very flexable, simple, straight forward, logical and clearest Deen, which makes thing easy for mankind.
JazakAllah Khair
Rabiya

Malaikah
12-10-2006, 06:38 AM

^What? You have to leave the city to be considered a traveler!! Since when did being away from home make you a traveler? :?

Why is is everyone making out like its ok to delay the prayer? Also, does the sis mean delaying the prayer by like half an hour or something? Or delaying it until the time to offer the pray has finished? :?

Is college the same as uni? :? If it is, you can walk out whatever time you like the lecturer has no right to keep you in!!

Dhulqarnaeen
12-11-2006, 05:13 AM
Ok..there is this sister, she goes to my college, shes struggling with her prayers, not actually praying Masha Allah shes soo pious.

Anyways what can she do she fears Allah swt and is thinking to quit college simply because of it.

I dont know what to say to her, I told to pray her prayers after the lesson, but that means she will have to delay her prayer everyday.

What can she do?

Just sneak out and tell the prof that youre going to toilet, and then pray. Or talk to the prof that she must pray on time distinctly, and if she still cant have the permisiion, then if I were her I will be out of taht stupid lesson (and I see this is what shes gonna do, then Alhamdulillah). Is this prof is the only teacher? I remember hadith "someone who leave something cause he afraid Allah, then Allah will replace him with something lot better", insha Allah.

north_malaysian
12-11-2006, 05:32 AM
She paid a £1000 for her course!
She used the toilet excusme so many times, it got to a point where is kinda obvious.
Can she pay extra 100 just for praying time...

Ummu Sufyaan
12-11-2006, 07:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by -----------
simply walk outta the lesson wen its tym 4 prayer. HER TEACHER CANT ASK HER 2 COMPROMISE HER DEEN 4 SUM POXY LESSON
:sl: brothers and sisters.

i agree big time.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-13-2006, 01:19 AM
Well technically if the sister has signed a contract when joining the college then she cannot 'just leave when she wants' and be ok under the eyes of the college, so if the sister has signed a code of conduct or similar contracts then it's not just fine in the eyes of the College.
A contract? for what? I dunno it might be different in the UK, but its the students own problem and responsibility, to leave the room for whatever they need too and be back. If I want to pray, go to the bathroom or anything else, i leave the "room" and come back. I'm not talking about leaving the campus....I dont think thats what the sister is talking about. If I have to leave the class totally for that day, I tell the Professor and leave. But no doubt, u cant do it too much, it looks bad.

Abdul Fattah
12-13-2006, 01:42 AM
First thing let the teacher read sura al-alaq
Who knows it might touch 'm
096.001 Read: In the name of thy Lord Who createth,
096.002 Createth man from a clot.
096.003 Read: And thy Lord is the Most Bounteous,
096.004 Who teacheth by the pen,
096.005 Teacheth man that which he knew not.
096.006 Nay, but verily man is rebellious
096.007: That he thinketh himself independent!
096.008 Lo! unto thy Lord is the return.
096.009 Hast thou seen him who dissuadeth
096.010 A slave when he prayeth?

096.011 Hast thou seen if he relieth on the guidance (of Allah)
096.012 Or enjoineth piety?
096.013 Hast thou seen if he denieth (Allah's guidance) and is froward
096.014 Is he then unaware that Allah seeth?
096.015 Nay, but if he cease not We will seize him by the forelock -
096.016 The lying, sinful forelock -
096.017 Then let him call upon his henchmen!
096.018 We will call the guards of hell.
096.019 Nay, Obey not thou him. But prostrate thyself, and draw near (unto Allah).

Going out for prayer anyway and ingoring the teacher might be an option and it's defenitly better then giving up on school altogether. However it might be risky depending on school policy the teacher might take further actions, in that case, consider the following alternative.
This is just a thought, and I realize this is very provocative, but given the circumstances does anyone reckon that it's a good idea to just pray in the classroom during the course?

the reason I'm saying this
1. The teacher is forced to take action, either he/she allows it, in which case the problem is solved, or he interferes during the prayer. But I think even for a non-believer this is something they will not do lightly. Seeing a person actually pray and putting the teacher in a position where he either allows or interferes will make the teacher realise just how severe his actions are. In the best case scenario the teacher might even give in since praying outside will disrubt his class lesser then praying in the classroom.
2. It shows how important this prayer is. Surely nobody's looking forward to do this in front of a whole class in these circumstances, so to do that anyway will show the teacher just how important this prayer is to her.
3. This forces an immediate resolve rather then letting the issue drag on (and by doing so miss prayers)
4. This is better then just leaving the class. If a person leaves the class to go pray, the teacher might say ok don't bother coming back. At that point he only needs to deal with the absence whereas in the case of praying he has to deal with the person praying making it more complicated for him.

Now I'm hesitant to give this as advice because I don't know if it's a good idea for woman to pray in public, is there a ruling on that?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.