/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Getting on a 'high'

------
12-07-2006, 08:00 PM
:salamext:

I hope this reaches you in good health and Imaan Insha'Allah.

People these days are becoming too busy in their life, not even having time to praise Allah swt. Listening to music, doing drugs, getting on a 'high', this is all that is talked about among people, including Muslims, unfortunately. Subhan'Allah. Are these the only important things left in our life?

This is not the purpose of our life.

Allah swt says in the Qur'an;
"And I have not created the Jinns and Human beings except to worship me."
[Qur'an 51:56]

All Allah swt is asking for is for us to worship Him, pray to Him 5 times a day! You think that is difficult? Imagine when you will be faced with this situation...

""The sorrow of the sin-ridden soul will be so intense that he will actually pray: ‘O God, have mercy on me and put me in the Fire.’[5] He will be asked: ‘Do you wish you had a whole earth-full of gold so you could pay it to set yourself free?’ To which he will answer: ‘Yes.’ Whereupon he will be told: ‘You were asked for something much easier than that - worship God alone.’[6]""

“And they were not commanded except that they should worship Allah (alone), being sincere to the upright religion (of Islam)….” (Quran 98:5)

[5] Tabarani
[6]Saheeh Al-Bukhari..

Imagine...Just imagine what you will be like, the fears and sorrow that you will experience on that day is beyond human comprehension, no one to save you, no one except Allah swt. Please brothers and sisters, try your best to pray 5 times a day, it might seem like a burden at first, but as Allah swt says in the Qur'an;

“Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do your hearts find rest.”
[Qur’an 13:28]

:wasalamex

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
12-07-2006, 08:12 PM
:sl:

Ur views on this, Insha'Allah?

:w:

- Qatada -
12-07-2006, 08:17 PM
:wasalamex

Masha'Allaah. It reminds me of the hadith where the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) was ordered to perform 50 prayers per day, and Prophet Moses (peace be upon him) would keep saying that it should be less, even when it went till five, he still said that we wouldn't be able to keep up with them, and now we can see and understand that.

May Allaah make us of those who do everything sincerely for His sake, and keep up our duties towards Him whole heartedly. ameen.

------
12-07-2006, 08:19 PM

Yeah, if you think about how lucky we are - from 50 prayers a day down to 5! SUBHAN'ALLAH!!!!!!!! Look at the Love of Allah swt - take a lesson from that Insha'Allah.

Ameen to the du'a :D.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
12-07-2006, 08:36 PM

I owe it to brother IbnAbdulHakim for posting this on another thread, which made me think!

shaytaan cries whenever the son of Aadham postrates to Allah swt after reciting the prostration verses of the Quran such as the verse of surah Alaq:

"kaalla laa tuti3hu wasjud waqtarib".
Allaah's Messenger (saw) said, "When you read a verse of prostration then
prostrate, Shaytaan departs crying and says: "Woe be to him. He was ordered
with prostration and he prostrated - so for him is Paradise. I was ordered
with prostration and I refused - so for me is the Fire." (Muslim, Ahmad and
Ibn Maajah).

IbnAbdulHakim
12-07-2006, 10:01 PM

jazakAllah khair ukhtee, it really helps when a mother prays tahajjud and fajr beside the floor you sleep and elbows you saying:

"this time, the time when those who forsake the sides of their beds has come son, get up , get up and offer your salaat (and sometimes she says live up to your beard lol which really makes me smile"

Their limbs do forsake their beds of sleep, the while they call on their Lord, in Fear and Hope: and they spend (in charity) out of the sustenance which We have bestowed on them.
-Surah As-Sajda Verse 16

may Allah bless her with the absolute best.

I think so many times, why, why is it so difficult to forsake the beds?
At first i thought you know what maybe its because of that fat thick mattress so i threw it away, but even now sometimes i feel sooo sleepy and tired audhubillah. Truelly its those fat three knots that the shaytaan ties, audhubillah.

Jihad un-nafs my dear brothers and sisters, shouting khalifa comes second, first comes fixing up our own homes.

may Allah grant us the understanding.

------
12-08-2006, 11:50 AM
Ameen :D

------
12-09-2006, 10:16 AM
Jihad un-nafs my dear brothers and sisters

Yeh, dats the most difficult thing, so you should try ur utmost.

------
01-08-2007, 11:05 AM
Masha'Allaah. It reminds me of the hadith where the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) was ordered to perform 50 prayers per day, and Prophet Moses (peace be upon him) would keep saying that it should be less, even when it went till five, he still said that we wouldn't be able to keep up with them, and now we can see and understand that.

Exactly, imagine what we would be like if it was 50 prayers a day! We WOULD NOT be able to cope with them....no way... so be pleased that it is only 5 and not 50 and try u utmost to pray 5 times a day Insha'Allah!

IbnAbdulHakim
01-08-2007, 02:13 PM
i thought about that before and jus imagine, if we all done 50 prayers man we wont have time for dunya at all, if its legal islamically we should try 50 prayers sometime, see wat difference it makes to our lives. SubhanAllaah it might just... elevate us to the position of the awliyaa :D (inshaAllaah)

- Qatada -
01-08-2007, 02:15 PM

Oh yeah, even if we pray 5 times a day, we get reward for all 50 alhamdulillah. :)

IbnAbdulHakim
01-08-2007, 02:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

Oh yeah, even if we pray 5 times a day, we get reward for all 50 alhamdulillah. :)
Alhamdulillaah and if we do another 45 prayers we get extra rewrd on top of that 50 :D

Sabbir_1
01-08-2007, 02:18 PM
Truw, seems like evryone wants to forget about the deen and concentrate on the dunya.... they plan out there life.. first get married, have kids, buy house buy car.. and dont even think about allah s.w.t.. but then when they reach there 30's 40's they then turn all religipius and that why you will see most old men in the mosque but wheres the youth . there lost none is reaching out to them..
f we all done 50 prayers man we wont have time for dunya at all,
true, but still we find it hard to even pray 5 times a day, out of the 24 hrs.. we cant spend hour a day to remembr allah..

Jihad un-nafs
Jihad fi sabeelah is easier..

IbnAbdulHakim
01-08-2007, 02:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khalil27
Jihad fi sabeelah is easier..
respect, i agree, may Allaah giv us the thawfiq to do it !

------
01-08-2007, 07:16 PM
that why you will see most old men in the mosque

Unfortunately, dats tru akhee :( Jihad Fi Sabilillah n Jihad un Nafs all the way Insha'Allah :thumbs_up

------
12-06-2007, 10:55 AM

*bump

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.